Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

 
  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2012, 15:55   #1
plouffedaddy
Senior Member
 
plouffedaddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Carolina
Posts: 2,203
New RTF2 G17s?

I already have several of these but I've seen them for sale at several places which leads me to ask... Did Glock make another run of them?

http://www.tombstonetactical.com/cat...-17rd-fs-rtf2/

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/p...ducts_id/60484

....and if so will the G19/23 be coming as well? Please...
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Certified Glock Armorer
plouffedaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 16:02   #2
INEEDMILK
Senior Member
 
INEEDMILK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 755
I saw the Buds ad last week. Not sure though.

Someone should call them up and ask the first 3 letters of the serial number so we can figure out if these have been sitting in a back room for 2 years.
__________________
Glock 17 RTF2 G
Glock 19 RTF2 G


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
INEEDMILK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 16:46   #3
tbone1964
Senior Member
 
tbone1964's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 101
galleryofguns.com also has "new" trf2 glock 17's site say "99+" in stock. picture show pistol with gills
__________________
NRA Life Member. KSRA Member. Sub Club member # 3531,
Rimfire Club #3531

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Last edited by tbone1964; 12-06-2012 at 16:48..
tbone1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 16:55   #4
kodiakpb
Senior Member
 
kodiakpb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,085
Wow serious?
kodiakpb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 17:01   #5
kodiakpb
Senior Member
 
kodiakpb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,085
I see with Gills...if new production did GLOCK retool?
kodiakpb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 17:45   #6
INEEDMILK
Senior Member
 
INEEDMILK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 755
I will say "thank you" to the first person to call them up and ask what the serial numbers start with...
__________________
Glock 17 RTF2 G
Glock 19 RTF2 G


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
INEEDMILK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 17:57   #7
stolenphot0
RTF2 Addict
 
stolenphot0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Kettering, OH
Posts: 5,121
well they did redo the 21SFs. I would love for the 19s to come back! I would be in for at least 1.

ETA: Sent a message to Tombstone and asked on their FB page.

Last edited by stolenphot0; 12-06-2012 at 18:06..
stolenphot0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 18:17   #8
stolenphot0
RTF2 Addict
 
stolenphot0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Kettering, OH
Posts: 5,121
Quote:
"They are new production and they do not have the fish scale slides."

-Colton
Tombstone Tactical
There you have it
stolenphot0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 18:43   #9
kodiakpb
Senior Member
 
kodiakpb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,085
Quote:
Originally Posted by stolenphot0 View Post
There you have it
There you go!

On another note they really need to correct their pic...it's misleading.

General Glocking
kodiakpb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 18:44   #10
HEXE9
Shootin' Fool
 
HEXE9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,156
Quote:
Originally Posted by stolenphot0 View Post
well they did redo the 21SFs.
What do you mean by this statement?

It may be obvious, but I'm missing it.
__________________
Living Life one Glock at a Time
HEXE9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 19:01   #11
stolenphot0
RTF2 Addict
 
stolenphot0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Kettering, OH
Posts: 5,121
Quote:
Originally Posted by HEXE9 View Post
What do you mean by this statement?

It may be obvious, but I'm missing it.
Last summer they re-released the 21SF RTF2s, that originally a very limited run for a PD then got returned. Ed's Public Safety had a bunch of the turn-ins they were selling for $619 each. Then a few months later Glock shipped a bunch of new stock 21SF RTF2s and sold them for a lot cheaper.

So this could point to the 19s & 23s being released again with straight serrations.


And yes they need to update their pics so people don't think they are getting gills.
stolenphot0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 19:05   #12
HEXE9
Shootin' Fool
 
HEXE9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,156
Awesome. Thanks for the explanation.
__________________
Living Life one Glock at a Time
HEXE9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 06:23   #13
SteelLucky
Member
 
SteelLucky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 37
Waiting for a new 22 RTF2
SteelLucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 15:04   #14
bithabus
Senior Member
 
bithabus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Austin TX
Posts: 1,040
Quote:
Originally Posted by kodiakpb View Post
There you go!

On another note they really need to correct their pic...it's misleading.

General Glocking

+1! I was very close to ordering one of these. Would not have been happy.
__________________
If you don't have weapons then you live according to the mercy of those who do.
bithabus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 18:06   #15
trackstar55
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Central Illinois
Posts: 267
Quote:
Originally Posted by INEEDMILK View Post
I saw the Buds ad last week. Not sure though.

Someone should call them up and ask the first 3 letters of the serial number so we can figure out if these have been sitting in a back room for 2 years.
I called Buds tonight and spoke with a manager. He refused to provide me the first three letters of the serial number and said it was a weird request for people to want to know the serial number and that concerned him. I told him I wanted just the first three to date the pistol, not the entire serial number. I said I wanted an old stock one, not a new production.

I finally got an answer out of him and he said the first letter started with an "A" and that he wasn't even comfortable providing that. I told him I would refuse to buy from Bud's because they were not providing me the information I needed to help me decide if I wanted to buy it.

He said he was fine not selling to me.

I wonder if it starts with an "A"......if its a totally made in USA gun. I saw some pics of a Glock with a "USA" slide that had AAAA as the first four letters of the serial number

Last edited by trackstar55; 12-07-2012 at 18:10..
trackstar55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 18:35   #16
kodiakpb
Senior Member
 
kodiakpb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,085
It wouldn't surprise me if they were US stamped. The market is beginning to be saturated with them.
kodiakpb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 19:06   #17
stolenphot0
RTF2 Addict
 
stolenphot0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Kettering, OH
Posts: 5,121
Anyone that wants to provide a gas card, I will take a trip to Bud's Lexington store this weekend and find one in person for complete verification.
stolenphot0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 19:29   #18
INEEDMILK
Senior Member
 
INEEDMILK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 755
Quote:
Originally Posted by trackstar55 View Post
I called Buds tonight and spoke with a manager. He refused to provide me the first three letters of the serial number and said it was a weird request for people to want to know the serial number and that concerned him. I told him I wanted just the first three to date the pistol, not the entire serial number. I said I wanted an old stock one, not a new production.

I finally got an answer out of him and he said the first letter started with an "A" and that he wasn't even comfortable providing that. I told him I would refuse to buy from Bud's because they were not providing me the information I needed to help me decide if I wanted to buy it.

He said he was fine not selling to me.

I wonder if it starts with an "A"......if its a totally made in USA gun. I saw some pics of a Glock with a "USA" slide that had AAAA as the first four letters of the serial number
Thanks for taking the time to do this.
__________________
Glock 17 RTF2 G
Glock 19 RTF2 G


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
INEEDMILK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 04:58   #19
Rustin
Senior Member
 
Rustin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Central Ohio
Posts: 1,691
Quote:
Originally Posted by stolenphot0 View Post
Anyone that wants to provide a gas card, I will take a trip to Bud's Lexington store this weekend and find one in person for complete verification.

Man if there was even a faint mention of a new run or old surplus of gilled 19's...... I'm there!
Rustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 07:37   #20
Dogman 10x
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 470
So what's the deal? Old new stock? Or New New stock with ****ty Gen4 insides!?
Dogman 10x is offline   Reply With Quote

 
  
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 15:05.




Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 1,011
280 Members
731 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,672
Aug 11, 2014 at 2:31