SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 12-05-2012, 11:19   #276
maximus1079

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peace Warrior View Post
Alright, so I'm in my Ranger, the seats were pretty cool I guess, and this ijit decides to trump me on the drive thru's vehicle juxtaposition. (hey MasterShake, that means the vehicles' positions, relative to one another, and that he cut in front of me. )

So I tell the drive thru receptionist, utilizing that horn looking speaker thing on the menu's signage, "Hey Ma'am, are you there?"

To which she replied, "Yes sir, I'm here, I don't go any-^&#$!%@-where till 6 PM tonight."

To which I replied, "Awh, that sucks, you work too hard for the money, but listen, please don't give that guy in the blue four door my order as he just cut in front of me. The first vehicle back from him, I mean the Ford Ranger pick up, is the vehicle that order the 20 piece spicy. Aight?"

To which she replied, " You mean he trumped you relative to all the vehicles in my drive thru's juxtapositional arrangement?!?!?"

To which I replied, "Yes Ma'am," all the while being careful to NOT be a grammar nazi with someone who is about to prepare 20 pieces of food stuffs that I'll be putting into my mouth over the next two days or so.

To which she replied, "Okay baby, I got this, and I'm gonna keep it real."

Seriously, the next thing I know, the front seat passenger decides to get out of the vehicle that cut me off, and start waving his hands up in the air with a much macho as he could muster. I could have cared less, and was wondering if I was going to get 20 pieces of some fresh cooked chicken, or get another vehicle's order by mistake.

However, when he started trying to stare me down I noticed him. he then lifted his shirt and I saw the unmistakable handle of a either a .38 or .357 revolver sticking out of his waistband.

I cleared leather, but not the dashboard, and was watching the handle of the revolver as well as his hands as best I could with peripheral vision. He then pointed both his (empty) hands at me and we stared at each other in the eyes for a bit (think 5 seconds). My right hand on my pistol, my left hand already lifting the lever of the door, we both sat there, otherwise motionless.

He got back into the vehicle and within seconds it drove away. It was over as fast as it started.
What a loser! He's lucky he didn't try and be a tough guy and approach you.
Old 12-05-2012, 11:20   #277
maximus1079

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbailey8 View Post
Only once have I ever had to draw my weapon with the intent to use it.

I came back to my computer after a couple days of not reading these stories and saw that it was hijacked by some guys that felt they had to argue about racism.

It was the sweetest most crisp draw I've ever completed and just like that my G23 was out of my IWB holster and on target. My adrenaline was pumping as I continued to read and assess the threat level.
As I took the slack up on my trigger it appeared that it may get back on track and then, BANG, I killed my damn computer screen. Thanks guys. Now I have to use my cell phone... It's next!

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Seriously...tempted to do that myself
Old 12-05-2012, 12:17   #278
robrides85

Quote:
Originally Posted by F350 View Post
I talked with the sgt a bit and he asked where I came up with that password. I told him I was seeing a gal who was real into B&D and liked to yell "no, stop, don't etc" and that was our safe word...... It was the only thing I could think of at the time. He started off chuckling, then laughing and ended doubled over leaning on the hood of the truck laughing so hard he was crying and having trouble breathing.
Nice!
robrides85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 12:18   #279
maximus1079

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAJ View Post
You're "experienced" do you go with a one or two hand reach around?
It depends on what you request....usually only one hand for YOU because I need a magnifying glass and tweezers to find you
Old 12-05-2012, 13:04   #280
Wil Ufgood
CLM Number 263
GTDS #88

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus1079 View Post
It depends on what you request....usually only one hand for YOU because I need a magnifying glass and tweezers to find you
Won't work, I just don't feel the love.
Old 12-05-2012, 13:28   #281
NeverMore1701
Platinum Membership
Fear no evil.

Quote:
Attachment 229450
You and your two "butt" Trolls finally have a place to get serviced instead of staying on GT 24/7 Just make sure you're there after 9:30 though
In your extensive experience, is it worth getting "the works" or just the standard economy package?
For the last time
NeverMore1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 15:40   #282
TeeJay37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peace Warrior View Post
Alright, so I'm in my Ranger, the seats were pretty cool I guess, and this ijit decides to trump me on the drive thru's vehicle juxtaposition. (hey MasterShake, that means the vehicles' positions, relative to one another, and that he cut in front of me. )

So I tell the drive thru receptionist, utilizing that horn looking speaker thing on the menu's signage, "Hey Ma'am, are you there?"

To which she replied, "Yes sir, I'm here, I don't go any-^&#$!%@-where till 6 PM tonight."

To which I replied, "Awh, that sucks, you work too hard for the money, but listen, please don't give that guy in the blue four door my order as he just cut in front of me. The first vehicle back from him, I mean the Ford Ranger pick up, is the vehicle that order the 20 piece spicy. Aight?"

To which she replied, " You mean he trumped you relative to all the vehicles in my drive thru's juxtapositional arrangement?!?!?"

To which I replied, "Yes Ma'am," all the while being careful to NOT be a grammar nazi with someone who is about to prepare 20 pieces of food stuffs that I'll be putting into my mouth over the next two days or so.

To which she replied, "Okay baby, I got this, and I'm gonna keep it real."

Seriously, the next thing I know, the front seat passenger decides to get out of the vehicle that cut me off, and start waving his hands up in the air with a much macho as he could muster. I could have cared less, and was wondering if I was going to get 20 pieces of some fresh cooked chicken, or get another vehicle's order by mistake.

However, when he started trying to stare me down I noticed him. he then lifted his shirt and I saw the unmistakable handle of a either a .38 or .357 revolver sticking out of his waistband.

I cleared leather, but not the dashboard, and was watching the handle of the revolver as well as his hands as best I could with peripheral vision. He then pointed both his (empty) hands at me and we stared at each other in the eyes for a bit (think 5 seconds). My right hand on my pistol, my left hand already lifting the lever of the door, we both sat there, otherwise motionless.

He got back into the vehicle and within seconds it drove away. It was over as fast as it started.
Talk about when "keepin it real" goes wrong. She almost got that dude shot.
TeeJay37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 15:53   #283
maximus1079

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAJ View Post
Won't work, I just don't feel the love.
Old 12-05-2012, 16:04   #284
jbailey8

Send a message via Yahoo to jbailey8
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeJay37 View Post
Talk about when "keepin it real" goes wrong. She almost got that dude shot.
Haha. I miss Chappelle's show. Too bad he lost it when people started screaming, "I'm Rick James, b*tch" every time he was out in public.

Last edited by jbailey8; 12-05-2012 at 16:05..
jbailey8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 16:38   #285
jdavionic
NRA Member

I had to draw my weapon once...it didn't come out too bad though
The Okie Corral

"No matter how bad it gets, if you're still alive it's just another bad day."
jdavionic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 17:10   #286
TeeJay37

Quote:
Haha. I miss Chappelle's show. Too bad he lost it when people started screaming, "I'm Rick James, b*tch" every time he was out in public.

Ha, yea. That sketch was the first thing I thought about when I read his experience.
TeeJay37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 18:04   #287
crazycooter91
Roll Tide

only once

Three weeks ago, I was laying in bed (maybe 11:30pm) and heard some footsteps in another room. Knowing my mom and brother were in bed already, I grab my G19 from my nightstand and go to investigate. It was a false alarm, the dog was walking around in the kitchen (seems louder on the wood floors) wanting some food. Fed him and went back to bed lol
crazycooter91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 19:55   #288
jfost11

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasTurbine View Post
Curious as to why you would use this adjective to describe this man?
I wondered the same thing after this post. Why must poor, innocent teddy bears be subjected to racial bias?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr00jimbo View Post
He pulled us over by a bush where a young black bear was eating berries. I said, "oh be careful, there's a [black] bear" which he replied, "there was a grizzly watching you shoot"
!
jfost11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 20:05   #289
maximus1079

Quote:

Dave Chapelle and Chris Rock are great comedians cause they make fun of EVERYBODY (black people included). Most black comedians are very racist and have no problem calling white people "cracker." Too bad there's no white equivalent of Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton
Old 12-05-2012, 20:06   #290
maximus1079

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdavionic View Post
The Okie Corral
Wow that's some real talent! You can shoot up a lot of crappy cartoon characters with that
Old 12-05-2012, 20:07   #291
maximus1079

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazycooter91 View Post
only once

Three weeks ago, I was laying in bed (maybe 11:30pm) and heard some footsteps in another room. Knowing my mom and brother were in bed already, I grab my G19 from my nightstand and go to investigate. It was a false alarm, the dog was walking around in the kitchen (seems louder on the wood floors) wanting some food. Fed him and went back to bed lol
Wooden floors are the bane of the light sleeper, believe me I know!!
Old 12-05-2012, 20:50   #292
Dan_ntx

I was tending bar and closing for the night when I had an extremely drunk man walk in... I told him "sorry buddy we are closed" and he smiled, waved, and walked out the front door.

As soon as I spun the deadbolt I heard him assault my exterior trash can...through the peep hole I watched him slowly formulate a plan...then start to attack the front door. It's a big, thick solid wood door, so I wasn't concerned...but he kept at it for a minute or so before taking a break. I yelled at him through the door that I had called the police and he should leave, but that seemed to stir him up. He really went after the door at that point.

I hit the panic button and got my G17 from the office and physically wedged the door shut while that lunatic screamed he was going to kill me and almost got through the door before the Dallas police got me out of the grease.

Dude went to jail, new door had to be installed, my G17 never cleared leather again.
Dan_ntx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 22:38   #293
crazycooter91
Roll Tide

Quote:
True story
crazycooter91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 22:45   #294
TK-421

Quote:
I lived in a 100+ year old house, nothing but wooden floors, lots of squeaks, mom is an extremely light sleeper, kept yelling at me for clomping around when I was trying to walk as lightly as possible so as to not wake her.
TK-421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 00:10   #295
singularity35

Weren't wooden floors one of the "alarm systems" in castles in feudal Japan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JW1178 View Post
So what makes all human life so valuable? Who said? A cooky religion?
singularity35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 14:44   #296
maximus1079

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_ntx View Post
I was tending bar and closing for the night when I had an extremely drunk man walk in... I told him "sorry buddy we are closed" and he smiled, waved, and walked out the front door.

As soon as I spun the deadbolt I heard him assault my exterior trash can...through the peep hole I watched him slowly formulate a plan...then start to attack the front door. It's a big, thick solid wood door, so I wasn't concerned...but he kept at it for a minute or so before taking a break. I yelled at him through the door that I had called the police and he should leave, but that seemed to stir him up. He really went after the door at that point.

I hit the panic button and got my G17 from the office and physically wedged the door shut while that lunatic screamed he was going to kill me and almost got through the door before the Dallas police got me out of the grease.

Dude went to jail, new door had to be installed, my G17 never cleared leather again.
Invest in a tazer (not sure if your state allows them) or a snap out baton. Better and less expensive than bullets
Old 12-06-2012, 14:46   #297
maximus1079

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK-421 View Post
I lived in a 100+ year old house, nothing but wooden floors, lots of squeaks, mom is an extremely light sleeper, kept yelling at me for clomping around when I was trying to walk as lightly as possible so as to not wake her.
It never works trying to be quiet! My cat used to go flying across my kitchen and cause they were wooden floors she couldn't get any traction and used to slide into the doors/walls
Old 12-06-2012, 14:47   #298
maximus1079

Quote:
Originally Posted by singularity35 View Post
Weren't wooden floors one of the "alarm systems" in castles in feudal Japan?
I don't know but their paper doors/walls weren't very secure
Old 12-06-2012, 14:49   #299
concretefuzzynuts
Brew Crew

The Okie Corral
GTDS Member #7
GOTOD Member #757
Snub Club Member #757
NRA Member
concretefuzzynuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 01:53   #300
Peace Warrior
CLM Number 221
Am Yisrael Chai

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdavionic View Post
The Okie Corral
Fixed it for ya!
"Nothing we're gonna do is going to fundamentally alter or eliminate the possibility of another mass shooting or guarantee that [our gun ban legislation] will bring gun deaths down..." - VPOTUS Joe Biden
"Love 'Em All!!! Let Jehovah sort 'em out." - The Holy Bible
"You gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie?" - Josey Wales
Peace Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote