Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 11-30-2012, 11:36   #1
d123gaw

extra power mag springs

Who all has put in the extra power mag springs and did it solve all your FTF problems?
d123gaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 13:32   #2
SCSU74
St. Cloud Proud

i use wolff springs in mine, but more so because I use +2 base pads. never had an issue with them. gunsprings.com is a great company with great products. I also use their service packs
Old 11-30-2012, 13:44   #3
SJ 40

When and if I have a factory magazine spring go soft it gets replaced with Wolff plus springs,never any feed problems. SJ 40
SJ 40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 18:49   #4
Warp
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Where do you guys buy them?

I HIGHLY recommend Google Chrome and Adblock to all world wide web users. (I would have left GT a long time ago without these extensions!)
Warp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 20:24   #5
SJ 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warp View Post
Where do you guys buy them?
Heres' where I get them. http://www.brownells.com/magazines/h...prod27358.aspx
Prices are reasonable shipping by USPS reasonable and when they show in stock they are. SJ 40

Last edited by SJ 40; 11-30-2012 at 20:25.. Reason: repair link
Old 11-30-2012, 22:32   #6
orangeride

I've had some issues with wolf+10% in my g20. I shoot some 200 gr HC that have some very wide meplets. My mags with wolf springs would give me ftfeed with the meplet catching the top of the chamber on the way in. And it was doing it 2-3 times per mag. I switched to my mags with stock springs and everything feed fine. FYI I was also testing some 11 coil glock springs (which seemed stiffer than wolf) and they also caused jams. Now all my mag spring combos worked great with all my other loads I normally shoot. I think if you really needed a mag that much faster you would need to mod the follower. One of the reasons I think there's been so many changes in the .40 mags. Stiffer springs , change followers.
orangeride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 23:49   #7
d123gaw

I'm just kinda at a loss. I thought I'd try the springs.

I've got a lasermax guide rod and a weapon light. I'm sure the combination isn't helping my situation but i've had ftf with a couple different hollow points and a couple different mags. FMJ never fails (strange?).

I'll keep trying to dial it in I guess
Old 12-01-2012, 01:56   #8
SCSU74
St. Cloud Proud

Www.gunsprings.com. Their website

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Old 12-05-2012, 12:32   #9
d123gaw

With the factory recoil spring and 180gr gold dots it was still failing to feed. Even with the Mongolian death grip still failed. Finally took the x300 light off and finished the magazine with out a hitch.
This makes me sad. Very sad.
I really love having the light but don't want it if it's hurting performance. Any thoughts from anybody?
Old 12-05-2012, 12:36   #10
DannyR

Yup, get a Surefire or Streamlight hand held flashlight.
Bull Dawg #1

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
DannyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 13:23   #11
INEEDMILK

Quote:
Originally Posted by d123gaw View Post
With the factory recoil spring and 180gr gold dots it was still failing to feed. Even with the Mongolian death grip still failed. Finally took the x300 light off and finished the magazine with out a hitch.
This makes me sad. Very sad.
I really love having the light but don't want it if it's hurting performance. Any thoughts from anybody?
For some reason the .40 models dont like stuff on the rails

INEEDMILK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 14:36   #12
SJ 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyR View Post
Yup, get a Surefire or Streamlight hand held flashlight.
Tactically this is the preferred method. SJ 40
Old 12-05-2012, 21:04   #13
freekshow001

Quote:
Originally Posted by INEEDMILK View Post
For some reason the .40 models dont like stuff on the rails
Probably a noob question, but why would having anything attached to the rail cause any problems?
freekshow001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 21:07   #14
Warp
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote:
Originally Posted by freekshow001 View Post
Probably a noob question, but why would having anything attached to the rail cause any problems?
Effects recoil, and recoil is what operates the action to eject the spent case and load the next round

I HIGHLY recommend Google Chrome and Adblock to all world wide web users. (I would have left GT a long time ago without these extensions!)
Warp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 21:10   #15
orangeride

You might try a loser grip. That could help slow down the slide helping things. If the gun is a 40 I'd try a wolf +10 spring. Their cheap and I won't take many rounds to find out.
orangeride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 22:05   #16
AustinTx

Quote:
Originally Posted by freekshow001 View Post
The Glock pistol, since it has a plastic frame, has all sorts of waves traveling through it, when it fires. IOW, it sort of behaves like Jello. Anything, rigid, attached to the rails will change the frames motion. Arc Angel calls it harmonic motion I think. If that's wrong, he will correct this. That's a good enough name for it, IMO. Actually, some steel rifle barrels will look like a sine wave, with high speed photography. That's why proper rifle bedding improves accuracy, sometime.

Last edited by AustinTx; 12-07-2012 at 23:22.. Reason: Sp.
AustinTx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 22:46   #17
SJ 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinTx View Post
The Glock pistol, since it has a plastic frame, has all sorts of waves traveling through it, when it fires. IOW, it sort of behaves like Jello. Anything, rigid, attached to the rails will change the frames motion. Arc Angel calls it harmonic monition, I think. If that's wrong, he will correct this. That's a good enough name for it, IMO. Actually, some steel rifle barrels will look like a sine wave, with high speed photography. That's why proper rifle bedding improves accuracy, sometime.
I couldn't find the slow motion video of Glock frame flex that Austin mentions but what he describes is exactly what is happening during firing.
I was able to find this short clip of it,you may have to watch it a couple of times but it is their none the less.

You can see the dust cover flexing and that flex is transmitted through the entire frame. SJ 40

Last edited by SJ 40; 12-05-2012 at 22:49.. Reason: repair link
Old 12-05-2012, 23:55   #18
AustinTx

It looks like the attachment grove is going away, during recoil. It could be the viewing angle changing, but you can tell that something is going on there.
AustinTx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 01:28   #19
freekshow001

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJ 40 View Post
I couldn't find the slow motion video of Glock frame flex that Austin mentions but what he describes is exactly what is happening during firing.
I was able to find this short clip of it,you may have to watch it a couple of times but it is their none the less.

slow motion glock - YouTube
You can see the dust cover flexing and that flex is transmitted through the entire frame. SJ 40
Than if putting lights on the rail can cause the pistol to malfunction, than why would glock put rails on there guns? Do the glock lights cause malfunctions or do they make them different?

I don't have any experience with weapon lights but was looking to get one in the future, this makes me reconsider. Do steel framed pistols have malfunction with lights attached?
freekshow001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 02:06   #20
d123gaw

I'm now curious if it's the non- Jello action of the frame with the light installed, the weight on the front end of the gun ,or the bullet shape of the hollow point rounds.

Is the slide cycling too fast for the magazine to catch up?
Is the different balance or different Jello action causing the slide not to travel back far enough or too far/too quick?
Would +or- mag springs or +or- recoil springs change anything? Bullet shape does make a difference but I don't want to run FMJ all the time. Do the .45 ACP Glocks have rail mounted issues?

If I'm rambling or whining tell me to shut-up. I'm just thinking out loud at this point. I'll prolly wind up leaving the light off the gun.