Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

 
  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2012, 08:44   #1
Chuck66
Traveling Man
 
Chuck66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: East TN
Posts: 2,176
Who's going where this year?

I was elected to the South last night. Woot! One step closer to the East.

Anyone else moving up through the chairs, or taking a new job this year?
__________________
Freemason's Lodge #66

Behold! How swiftly the sands run, and how rapidly our lives are drawing to a close.
Chuck66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 11:56   #2
Bilbo Baggins
Senior Member
 
Bilbo Baggins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Georgia
Posts: 378
Going to Stay on as Director of Work, but that is the only job I have next year(need a bit of a break)
__________________
"I think you are an idiot and utterly wrong, BUT I will defend your right be that idiot"
(although I may laugh at you occasionaly)
Bilbo Baggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 18:07   #3
deputy tom
Senior Member
 
deputy tom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: western PA
Posts: 8,335
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck66 View Post
I was elected to the South last night. Woot! One step closer to the East.

Anyone else moving up through the chairs, or taking a new job this year?
Congrats Bro. SW. That was one of my favorite stations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo Baggins View Post
Going to Stay on as Director of Work, but that is the only job I have next year(need a bit of a break)
Good for you Mike. We still think about you up here in PA.

I have a few appointed tasks but no more floor work for this tired, old PM. Have a great year Brethren. tom.
__________________
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER

SPES MEA IN DEO EST

Thig crioch air an t-saoghal ach mairidh gaol agus cel The world will come to an end but music and love will endure
deputy tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 20:35   #4
jakebrake
cracker
 
jakebrake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: too close to philly
Posts: 7,917
looks like i will be the new junior master of ceremonies.
__________________
God made man, Sam Colt made us equal, John Moses Browning made us civilized... freemasons club Number 57
jakebrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 06:19   #5
deputy tom
Senior Member
 
deputy tom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: western PA
Posts: 8,335
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakebrake View Post
looks like i will be the new junior master of ceremonies.
Good for you Bro. tom.
__________________
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER

SPES MEA IN DEO EST

Thig crioch air an t-saoghal ach mairidh gaol agus cel The world will come to an end but music and love will endure
deputy tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 13:10   #6
Chuck66
Traveling Man
 
Chuck66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: East TN
Posts: 2,176
Quote:
Originally Posted by deputy tom View Post
Congrats Bro. SW. That was one of my favorite stations.
Thanks! It's one of my favs. I like the West the most. I'll be there soon enough, though.
__________________
Freemason's Lodge #66

Behold! How swiftly the sands run, and how rapidly our lives are drawing to a close.
Chuck66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 07:46   #7
jakebrake
cracker
 
jakebrake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: too close to philly
Posts: 7,917
Quote:
Originally Posted by deputy tom View Post
Good for you Bro. tom.
the other chairs have voted that i have to rolls my r's like the previous m.c.

he's from kiev.
__________________
God made man, Sam Colt made us equal, John Moses Browning made us civilized... freemasons club Number 57
jakebrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 09:00   #8
deputy tom
Senior Member
 
deputy tom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: western PA
Posts: 8,335
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck66 View Post
Thanks! It's one of my favs. I like the West the most. I'll be there soon enough, though.
I was in the West four times. I liked that station as well.tom.
__________________
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER

SPES MEA IN DEO EST

Thig crioch air an t-saoghal ach mairidh gaol agus cel The world will come to an end but music and love will endure
deputy tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 09:01   #9
deputy tom
Senior Member
 
deputy tom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: western PA
Posts: 8,335
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakebrake View Post
the other chairs have voted that i have to rolls my r's like the previous m.c.

he's from kiev.
I'd like to see that in person. tom.
__________________
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER

SPES MEA IN DEO EST

Thig crioch air an t-saoghal ach mairidh gaol agus cel The world will come to an end but music and love will endure
deputy tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 15:19   #10
jakebrake
cracker
 
jakebrake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: too close to philly
Posts: 7,917
Quote:
Originally Posted by deputy tom View Post
I'd like to see that in person. tom.
that would make two of us.

our incoming sr deacon and i were talking to a philly prince hall member last night. he wants to get our info so we can witness the price hall degrees. from what i understand, it's night and day compared to blue lodge degrees. any insights?
__________________
God made man, Sam Colt made us equal, John Moses Browning made us civilized... freemasons club Number 57
jakebrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 16:41   #11
deputy tom
Senior Member
 
deputy tom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: western PA
Posts: 8,335
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakebrake View Post
that would make two of us.

our incoming sr deacon and i were talking to a philly prince hall member last night. he wants to get our info so we can witness the price hall degrees. from what i understand, it's night and day compared to blue lodge degrees. any insights?
I worked with a man that was PH and from what I gathered they are almost the same ritualisticly in most respects. He became the RWGM of their segment. I was pleasantly supprized. He was a nice man. tom.
__________________
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER

SPES MEA IN DEO EST

Thig crioch air an t-saoghal ach mairidh gaol agus cel The world will come to an end but music and love will endure
deputy tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 16:23   #12
Batesmotel
Senior Member
 
Batesmotel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: 76 Totters Ln. London
Posts: 13,523
I was installed in the west last night. Going to be a busy year.
__________________
It's smaller on the outside.
Batesmotel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 08:48   #13
Hyksos
Senior Member
 
Hyksos's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Jupiter/Miami, FL
Posts: 1,862
I'm actually stepping out of the line because I won't have time. I would be Senior Deacon, but alas I might be moving in May so I don't want to take the position and then bail on the lodge.

As for PH, I would like to see their degrees but I can't. We have initiated a few former PHA guys, and they say that they haze you pretty bad. One of the guys (now a Brother in our mainstream lodge) has a scar on his left breast from the 1st degree where they literally pierced him and he bled. I'm not down with that kinda stuff, and I didn't really believe it until I saw the scar for myself.
__________________
Spes mea in deo est
Hyksos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 10:11   #14
jakebrake
cracker
 
jakebrake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: too close to philly
Posts: 7,917
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyksos View Post

As for PH, I would like to see their degrees but I can't. We have initiated a few former PHA guys, and they say that they haze you pretty bad. One of the guys (now a Brother in our mainstream lodge) has a scar on his left breast from the 1st degree where they literally pierced him and he bled. I'm not down with that kinda stuff, and I didn't really believe it until I saw the scar for myself.
as it was described to me, they were....intense...about their degrees. i was told these poor gents reeeeeaaaallllllyyyyy had to earn their stripes.
__________________
God made man, Sam Colt made us equal, John Moses Browning made us civilized... freemasons club Number 57
jakebrake is offline   Reply With Quote

 
  
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 00:04.




Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 751
164 Members
587 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,672
Aug 11, 2014 at 2:31