Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Closed Thread

Old 12-04-2012, 17:15   #141
tnpatriot

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK-421 View Post
Exactly, that's what I want, results, not pissing contests. If this is the fault of the holster, how can we avoid it happening again? If this is the fault of the firearm, how can we avoid it happening again? If this is the fault of the user, how can we avoid it happening again?
I agree , its hard to post about anything without the pissing contestants getting involved. If you disregard them, you will find many normal civil acting people here.
Old 12-04-2012, 17:17   #142
carloglock19

Now we just need an update from the OP.[/QUOTE]

BRC - 2016
Old 12-04-2012, 17:20   #143
TK-421

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnpatriot View Post
I agree , its hard to post about anything without the pissing contestants getting involved. If you disregard them, you will find many normal civil acting people here.
Yeah, that is true, but having to scroll through pages and pages of pissing contests to find the onesies and twosies of actual posts gets annoying.
Old 12-04-2012, 17:22   #144
tonyparson

Quote:
Originally Posted by cglaspel View Post
I do not have pics of it yet, will take some later today though! Here is the link to the exact holster I have though.

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/product/49651
Have you had a chance to get some pictures? I'm wanting to see what damage it caused to your holster.

Last edited by tonyparson; 12-04-2012 at 17:22..
Old 12-04-2012, 18:05   #145
Alter-Ego

Well I'm pretty sure Glocks are number 1 for AD, regardless of holster, traning, experience, ect.... Glocks seems to be the most common demominator when you hear of AD.
Old 12-04-2012, 18:19   #146
tonyparson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alter-Ego View Post
Well I'm pretty sure Glocks are number 1 for AD, regardless of holster, traning, experience, ect.... Glocks seems to be the most common demominator when you hear of AD.
Well considering there's more Glocks out there then any other handgun, ya I'm sure there will be more report's on AD's with Glocks..
Old 12-04-2012, 18:22   #147
Alter-Ego

Just a quick search on Glock accident vs. Berretta Accident . this is what I came up with.

Last edited by Alter-Ego; 12-04-2012 at 18:25..
Old 12-04-2012, 18:35   #148
Alter-Ego

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyparson View Post
Well considering there's more Glocks out there then any other handgun, ya I'm sure there will be more report's on AD's with Glocks..
I said regardless....Just way too many AD/ND, could also be the quality of people who buy/play with them.

I like my glocks, but I'm not going to CCW one in my pants with a round in the chamber, a little too close to the BOYS for that.... I do trust my Kahr close to the BOYS though, and thats what I CCW.
Old 12-04-2012, 19:08   #149
T-Rod45
Loves The Glock

The number one safety is between your ears.

Glocks are one of the easiest guns for point and shoot. They go bang when you pull the trigger. No fuss, no manual safety, no steps to take before they work. That's one of the main reasons I carry them...

In every single NG/AD I've ever heard of, the trigger was pulled. Either negligently or accidentally. Last I checked any gun will go bang as intended (so long as it's ready to) when you pull the trigger.

Guns don't kill people, people kill people. Guns dont fire themselves, people fire them. Really dont think there's much more to it than that...
•23 Gen4 (/19 conversion)
•M&P •Ruger •Smith&Wesson •Kel-Tec •Mossberg •LWRC •Glades Gun Works
Old 12-04-2012, 19:13   #150
T-Rod45
Loves The Glock

Quote:
Just a quick search on Glock accident vs. Berretta Accident . this is what I came up with.

Glock Accident - YouTube
glock accident - YouTube
Cop Shoots himself in the leg - YouTube

1991 Chevy Beretta GTZ Barrier Crash Test - YouTube

That is some hilarious $#!T right there. But again, in each vid the trigger was pulled... which would yeild the same results with any gun, regardless of the manufacturer. But everyone already knows that.

Man the Beretta... brings back memories.
•23 Gen4 (/19 conversion)
•M&P •Ruger •Smith&Wesson •Kel-Tec •Mossberg •LWRC •Glades Gun Works
Old 12-04-2012, 19:18   #151
Arc Angel
Deus Vult!

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkz71 View Post
Arc Angel has it all figured out, check his multiple posts. .

I think he calls it stacking and we should all stop
carrying our Glocks in condition 1.

My opinion conflicts with his, but I have a low post count
so what do I know. .
By your own admission, not too much; but that doesn't mean that we still can't be friends.
Old 12-04-2012, 19:20   #152
clarkz71

Quote:
I said regardless....Just way too many AD/ND, could also be the quality of people who buy/play with them.

I like my glocks, but I'm not going to CCW one in my pants with a round in the chamber, a little too close to the BOYS for that.... I do trust my Kahr close to the BOYS though, and thats what I CCW.
I guess your one of those people that have not mastered
keeping your finger out of the trigger guard when handling
a Glock.

One of the basic rules of gun safety, don't touch the
trigger until ready to fire.

The cop in the third video, had his finger in the trigger guard. No doubt, a ND.
G23 gen3 .40/.357 Sig
Florida Glocker #1923
Old 12-04-2012, 19:25   #153
tonyparson

Quote:
I guess your one of those people that have not mastered
keeping your finger out of the trigger guard when handling
a Glock.

One of the basic rules of gun safety, don't touch the
trigger until ready to fire.

The cop in the third video, had his finger in the trigger guard. No doubt, a ND.
Old 12-04-2012, 19:31   #154
cowboy1964

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave.1 View Post
And let me add, a blockage in the holster that could push the trigger would have discharged the pistol right away.

Dave
Exactly. You're carrying the thing around all day... bouncy bouncy bouncy... and it only goes off when you set the holster on the table? Doesn't make sense, any way you look at it.

Last edited by cowboy1964; 12-04-2012 at 19:36..
Old 12-04-2012, 19:45   #155
J_P

No update from OP yet??? Interesting Thread, this is why when I detail strip my Glock's Slides I always check the firing pin safety. Check and Double Check maybe even Triple Check if its my Daily EDC.

Last edited by J_P; 12-04-2012 at 19:47..
Old 12-04-2012, 19:56   #156
Chigurh

So. After 7 pages and more acrimony and snide comments and *****ing than this post warrents..... has anyone ever heard of an incident even remotely similar?
The benign act of setting a holstered Glock on a table, after being lugged around all day, seemingly causes it to fire?
It is easier to imagine a man jumping away from his own shadow.
This is, if reported accurately, one of the most puzzling incidents I have ever heard of.
I have no theory. Well, one, but I'll wait out the verdict
Old 12-04-2012, 20:09   #157
sgt rock

Quote:
Smith M&P sear and a 1911 sear, nothing like that
on a Glock trigger bar.

General Glocking

General Glocking

Expand your mind a little kid , If it walks like a duck and talks like a duck i can call it a damn sear .

Old 12-04-2012, 20:10   #158
sioux565

The OP also posted about this incident at another forum and I will make the same comment that I made over there. I would sideline both gun and holster until this problem is resolved. I know with the history of the Blackhawk holster many people are eager to blame it right off the bat, but Glock's are guns and guns are machines. Machines are not perfect and they can fail, believe it or not. Hopefully the OP can get an answer to his problem!
Old 12-04-2012, 20:11   #159
00Glazz

Hey again guys!

OK so due to the amount of questions and responses it is hard for me to respond to them all, so I apologize if I miss some of them! Also I have been at work all day so no way to post until now.

Anyways, SO took it to a SECOND Glock Armorer today, and thank goodness I did, I now have an answer,

#1- Firing pin block spring was bent, not straight like it should have been!!!

#2 The "sear" is not engaging the lug on the firing pin assembly properly!!

He says that since both of these issues are there, that It is highly likely that the pistol fired from the "half cocked" position. Obviously I am now having him ship this to GLOCK to correct this issue immediately. This is pretty ridiculous that a brand new pistol had these MAJOR defects. I am sure Glock will make it right though.

I have fired the pistol before and never had an issue with it, so IDK how this had not fired while in the holster before....I am just extremely thankful it didnt hurt myself or anyone else!!

Very thankful to a fellow poster here that told me to specifically have my armorer look at these parts closely!!
Old 12-04-2012, 20:12   #160
00Glazz

Quote:
Originally Posted by sioux565 View Post
The OP also posted about this incident at another forum and I will make the same comment that I made over there. I would sideline both gun and holster until this problem is resolved. I know with the history of the Blackhawk holster many people are eager to blame it right off the bat, but Glock's are guns and guns are machines. Machines are not perfect and they can fail, believe it or not. Hopefully the OP can get an answer to his problem!
What forum is this? I have not posted about this anywhere else?? So maybe someone else has had this issue?!

Closed Thread