Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 11-30-2012, 18:02   #21
Gallium
CLM Number 182
Charter Lifetime Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remington 870 View Post
Mr.deer slayer that one statment about travel with a locked gun in your trunk is not true. you will get arrested if you get cought driving through the city with a locked and unloaded gun. nyc does not adhere to the federal laws. there have been many people that have gotten arrested in the airports through out nyc with there guns properly stored in checked baggage. even though its federal law nyc cops disregard any transporting of firearms by non police types.

I've never been arrested for traveling THRU NYC or out of its two airports with handguns. To date I've had...over 3 dozen interactions with NYPD/Port Aut PD flying in/out with guns.

I've also been pulled over in the NYC area, guy saw the rifle case in my SUV type vehicle, he asked about it, I pointed out to him they were inaccessible to me while I was driving, and I had no passengers - that was the extent of it.

Do you have any links to any cases of people traveling THUR NYC with firearms properly secured who were arrested? Excluding flights out of JFK/LGA of course.
Gallium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 18:09   #22
ithaca_deerslayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fx77 View Post
NY has two types of Carry
Business-must prove reason to obtain and can carry 24/7
Target/Hunter-can only cary to and from the range or hunting trip
These are valid in all NY jurisdictions escept NYCity and Buffalo
No, a NYS permit to carry pistol is indeed valid in Buffalo. Also, the main type is not business related, although you do have to show good cause. See section 400 of NYS law for the specifics of the types of licenses.
ithaca_deerslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 17:52   #23
Sgt_Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remington 870 View Post
Mr.deer slayer that one statment about travel with a locked gun in your trunk is not true. you will get arrested if you get cought driving through the city with a locked and unloaded gun. nyc does not adhere to the federal laws. there have been many people that have gotten arrested in the airports through out nyc with there guns properly stored in checked baggage. even though its federal law nyc cops disregard any transporting of firearms by non police types.
AFAIK no NYS pistol license holder has been arrested at either of the NYC airports for checking baggage containing a handgun. I also don't know of a single motorist who has been arrested for transporting through NYC on their way to somewhere else.

There have been numerous non NY residents who have been arrested at NY airports because they did not have a NY pistol license. Please don't confuse the two and please don't spread rumors without fact.
Sgt_Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 19:49   #24
Ducowti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt_Gold View Post
AFAIK no NYS pistol license holder has been arrested at either of the NYC airports for checking baggage containing a handgun. I also don't know of a single motorist who has been arrested for transporting through NYC on their way to somewhere else.

There have been numerous non NY residents who have been arrested at NY airports because they did not have a NY pistol license. Please don't confuse the two and please don't spread rumors without fact.
This.

I recently traveled through LGA, checked my handgun, and the PA officer who cleared me commented there had been 5 non-res arrests in the previous week alone.
Ducowti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 23:50   #25
kaboom336

Myself and my wife both have unrestricted concealed carry........permits issued by the current judge all have outdoor sports restrictions.......even for active duty LE.......because he can I guess
kaboom336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 01:49   #26
HDMotorcop

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaboom336 View Post
Myself and my wife both have unrestricted concealed carry........permits issued by the current judge all have outdoor sports restrictions.......even for active duty LE.......because he can I guess
This is such BS! Some judges are sooooo unbelievable.

Rimfire #1035 Ruger #1035 Snub #1035
SNS #1035 S&W # 1035
HDMotorcop is offline   Reply With Quote