SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 12-04-2012, 11:43   #201
maximus1079

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasTurbine View Post
The point is why describe what color the man is? He didnt say what color his eyes were...he didnt say what color his hair was...he didnt say what color shirt he was wearing...he didnt say what his build was...he didnt say what his height was...he didnt say what his weight was...Im just curious to why his only adjective was his skin color and why he chose to share that? What relevance could it serve?
I'm sure if the guy had purple skin he would have described him as such. I'm sure there was no racism intended, a LEO would have wanted a description like that as well!
Old 12-04-2012, 11:52   #202
Lonestar 48
Silver Membership

I've never drawn my pistol, but I did draw my shotgun once. When I was 16, I worked in a grocery store. The manager told me to come in early on Saturday to help with some stocking. When we got into the store, around 6:30, he tells me to turn on the store lights; the switch was back in the produce section. There were those metal doors with the holes in them that you used to see around grocery stores. It was pretty dark back there, and just as I get to the doors, this ghost comes rushing out at me. Adrenaline kicked in and I pushed it back through the doors, turned around and headed for the front. I was trying to yell at the manager that a ghost was coming, but words weren't coming out, only weird sounds. I took a look back, and here comes the "ghost"; he was a guy with a pillow case on his head and he had a little revolver. The manager was already out the door when I got there.

Back in those days, the 70's, it was okay to keep your shotgun in the rack in your truck. Mine was there because we hunted a lot. I ran over, got the gun, put some shells in it, went back to the front door, and I swear, if the ghost had come out, I would have shot. The police got there and assured me I could put down the shotgun. The manager had to assure them that I wasn't the bad guy. They never did find the "ghost", but did find that we were missing a couple of thousand dollars.

The local newspaper ran a story about it and headlined it "Stockboy booed by a ghost". That was the only time i was ready to shoot at a human/ghost.

Lonestar 48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 12:00   #203
GasTurbine
Porschey Power!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus1079 View Post
I'm sure if the guy had purple skin he would have described him as such.
But why?

Quote:
I'm sure there was no racism intended,
Im not sure there is any other answer.

Quote:
a LEO would have wanted a description like that as well!
Sorta my point. He wasnt giving a description.
GasTurbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 12:03   #204
NeverMore1701
Platinum Membership
Fear no evil.

Well I guess I know who has excessive amounts of white guilt in this thread....
For the last time
NeverMore1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 12:04   #205
Glock20 10mm
Use Linux!

Quote:
The point is why describe what color the man is? He didnt say what color his eyes were...he didnt say what color his hair was...he didnt say what color shirt he was wearing...he didnt say what his build was...he didnt say what his height was...he didnt say what his weight was...Im just curious to why his only adjective was his skin color and why he chose to share that? What relevance could it serve?
By giving the skin color he answered all the other questions about color you posited. As for clothes... who knows maybe that detail didn't stick with him. But regardless it was relevant to him, enough so that he posted it. Your posts are fine examples of intolerant political correctness and how it's screwing things up in this nation.
Glock20 10mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 12:05   #206
Glock20 10mm
Use Linux!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverMore1701 View Post
You picked that up too I see.
Old 12-04-2012, 12:19   #207
GasTurbine
Porschey Power!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock20 10mm View Post
Your posts are fine examples of intolerant political correctness and how it's screwing things up in this nation.
And your defense of racism and your view of "intolerance" is the scourge of this once great nation.
Old 12-04-2012, 12:20   #208
GasTurbine
Porschey Power!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverMore1701 View Post
How do you know Im white?
Old 12-04-2012, 12:28   #209
Glock20 10mm
Use Linux!

Quote:
And your defense of racism and your view of "intolerance" is the scourge of this once great nation.
BULL. You apparently don't know what racism is. Describing someone based on their ethnic definitions is not racism, it's describing. I can't give you an example of racism as I don't need the infraction. Pull your head out and get a clue bud. YOU and your kind are part of the problem. Trying to subdue people from FREE speech and using descriptors that are factual and used in a non threatening manner.

Hyphen American is BS and actually create many of the racial issues in our nation. NOT one black person that was born and raised in the United States can claim the are African! Ludicrous and preposterous. They were born Americans on American soil to American parent's. Sure they have an ancestral tie to Africa but that doesn't mean they are Africans.

Ignorant political correctness is out of hand and I am standing up against it. You will not shame people for speaking their truth when they have done nothing but speak their truth and not cause harm to someone else. I am sick of people like you trying to force your guilt on me.

I am not guilty and will not feel shame for being white. And I will not tolerate you or anyone else imposing such guilt upon myself or any other AMERICAN.
Old 12-04-2012, 12:29   #210
domesttuner

Send a message via Yahoo to domesttuner
What's more important is that you seem focused on the fact it was a black guy in the house instead of just a guy. Does it matter the color? Probably not. Does it relate the story better since its included? Yes.

How do you know the OP isn't black. WHY DO YOU CARE???????

ETA: This was directed at GasTurbine.

Last edited by domesttuner; 12-04-2012 at 12:31..
domesttuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 12:31   #211
Glock20 10mm
Use Linux!

Quote:
How do you know Im white?
Only white people with some guilt complex get up in arms over a harmless statement of a persons skin color. I know a lot of very well educated black folks and they detest being called African-American. They detest all the affirmative action BS. Why is that? Because they see how it only further creates problems and increases racial tensions.

They have told me they are Americans and have no problem with being called black. I mean they are so how is that an affront?
Old 12-04-2012, 12:38   #212
PaulMason

Quote:
[I'm sure there was no racism intended, ]

Quote:

Im not sure there is any other answer.
Get back to us when you are sure.
PaulMason is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 12:42   #213
tsmo1066
Happy Smiley

Quote:
The point is why describe what color the man is?
The Dems use racial identification in everything from establishing job quotas to granting preferential treatment on government defense contracts. Why suddenly stop when it comes to identifying criminal attackers?

Last edited by tsmo1066; 12-04-2012 at 12:44..
tsmo1066 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 12:48   #214
GasTurbine
Porschey Power!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock20 10mm View Post
BULL. You apparently don't know what racism is. Describing someone based on their ethnic definitions is not racism, it's describing.
Not when no description is warranted. He was associating a race with bad/unlawful conduct...thats racism.

Quote:
YOU and your kind are part of the problem. Trying to subdue people from FREE speech and using descriptors that are factual and used in a non threatening manner.
You can defend obvious racism anyway you want, it still does not make it racism.

Quote:
Ignorant political correctness is out of hand and I am standing up against it. You will not shame people for speaking their truth when they have done nothing but speak their truth and not cause harm to someone else. I am sick of people like you trying to force your guilt on me.
Easily said in a forum where I guess the white population is 99.9%. Coward.

Quote:
I am not guilty and will not feel shame for being white.
If I were white, I wouldnt either. This is about racism, stereotyping, and labeling.

Quote:
And I will not tolerate you or anyone else imposing such guilt upon myself or any other AMERICAN.
I dont really care what you will tolerate or not...you have clearly demonstrated what caliber of a person you are, and will not waste my time on hate and ignorance, nor go through life as a miserable antagonist.

Good luck in life.
Old 12-04-2012, 12:51   #215
Dinky
Stalker of tous

yes...
Dinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 12:54   #216
tsmo1066
Happy Smiley

Quote:

You can defend obvious racism anyway you want, it still does not make it racism.

Seems kinda racist to require one to label one's self based on racial criteria in order to have a shot at a job with a racial quota in some police departments, or to qualify for a special "minority loan", but when it comes to violent crime suddenly race is supposed to vanish?

Who wrote the rule saying that racial categorization is OK when it comes to qualifying for hand-outs and jobs, but verboten when it comes to describing criminals?
Old 12-04-2012, 12:58   #217
NeverMore1701
Platinum Membership
Fear no evil.

Quote:
Not when no description is warranted. He was associating a race with bad/unlawful conduct...thats racism.

If I were white, I wouldnt either. This is about racism, stereotyping, and labeling.

I dont really care what you will tolerate or not...you have clearly demonstrated what caliber of a person you are, and will not waste my time on hate and ignorance, nor go through life as a miserable antagonist.

Good luck in life.
Well, there went the thread.

Let me guess, you think that's racist too, despite the fact that you were the one who stated the "dat's racics'!" hue and cry on the first place.
For the last time
NeverMore1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 13:01   #218
JimP

Actually it IS relevant: if 13% of the population is responsible for over 60% of the violent crimes, why WOULDN'T it be relevant?? The very fact that the individual was 1) black; and, 2) male; greatly increased the possibility that this may be a violent encounter. Not racist. Not bigoted. Just factual.

excuse the hi-jack. I'll shut up an crawl back into my bunker.
JimP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 13:11   #219
Lonestar 48
Silver Membership

Well, the ghost in my post was definitely white and so was his pillowcase. Since I'm a white guy, I suppose I'm safe from being labeled a racist.

Lonestar 48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 13:13   #220
Glock20 10mm
Use Linux!

Quote:

Well by that definition you are accusing police of being racist. Well done!

It's not racism, it's a statement of fact. If you take it as racism then you have a very thin skin and a poor ability to see racism when it's happening.

I'd say it your face too. Problem is you're in Ohio and I am in Kommiefornia, the bastion of liberal political correctness.

Well by that measure asking a persons ethnicity on a job application is as well.

Good luck in life.
You have no clue as to the measure of my character. You have no idea the BS I have had to deal with over the years.

I have already been subject to two discrimination investigations while in the military, all because someone like you cried racism. I and my entire team were investigated... guess what, both cases we all were found innocent and the accusing party was charged.

The investigating officer was of Korean decent, the investigating Senior Chief Petty Officer was of Puerto Rican decent first generation American and the convening body was 65% non white ethnicity of officers and chief petty officers.

You have no grounds to make a character judgment of me.
Old 12-04-2012, 13:23   #221
BLau

I watched my Asian dad pull a gun on our black customers, twice. Neither times were justified. Just a screaming match that got escalated. Both times the customer ran when they saw the gun come out. Oh yea, I'm not a racist.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Old 12-04-2012, 14:34   #222
Fear Night
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Curious as to why you would use this adjective to describe this man?
Because it's a good way to illustrate a narrative so that your readers can better visualize the scene.

It could have just as easily been ...
"... and pointed it into the face of a white guy that was standing there."
"... and pointed it into the face of a hispanic guy that was standing there."
"... and pointed it into the face of a middle eastern guy that was standing there."
"... and pointed it into the face of an asian guy that was standing there."

But no, he just happened to be black. He was just telling us his story. You totally blew this out of proportion.
Fear Night is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 14:44   #223
Chesafreak

Quote:

Good luck in life.
So if I were to tell you true stories of of the times I have been scared for my life or the life of a loved one and related that every time the criminal was black then I'm racist?

I lived in a black neighborhood and went to school there for a few months. I was attacked for being white and threatend so many times. I had to use my dad's gun to scare away a black man who tried to climb through a window.

A black guy broke into my apartment while I was on deployment in the Navy and took a knife from my kitchen and was trying to get to my wife in the bedroom when the police showed up just in time.

A black man tried to carjack my wife. She managed to roll up her window on his arm and drive away. I wish I could have seen that, lol.

I was the only male in a car full of family and we needed gas and got off the interstate in an unfamiliar area. At the first stop sign, our car was surrounded by blacks that were angry that we were in their neighborhood and threatend to kill us. They threw rocks at the car before we drove away.

There are more stories like this that I could relate. When the day comes that the agressor in my story is white then I'll say so. Until then, the truth is that all of the criminals that made me fear for my life or the life of a loved one were black. While I don't see a black man and automatically assume that he's a thug, the fact is that while blacks may be a minority, in my contact with criminals over my lifetime they have certainly been in the majority. It is what it is, and no amount of PC glossing is going to change that.

Your outrage over telling the truth is exactly why the black community is never going to accept responsibility for the majority gun violence committed by a minority and do anything about it. Just this week in my local news there have been two separate shootings of black kids at a house party because someone was disrespected. Should we pretend that this doesn't happen? Why is it that I never read about this happening in white neighborhoods? It is what it is.

Last edited by Chesafreak; 12-04-2012 at 15:26..
Chesafreak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 14:44   #224
Wil Ufgood
CLM Number 263
GTDS #88

Quote:

Good luck in life.
The Okie Corral

Last edited by Wil Ufgood; 12-04-2012 at 14:45..
Wil Ufgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 15:41   #225
maximus1079

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar 48 View Post
I've never drawn my pistol, but I did draw my shotgun once. When I was 16, I worked in a grocery store. The manager told me to come in early on Saturday to help with some stocking. When we got into the store, around 6:30, he tells me to turn on the store lights; the switch was back in the produce section. There were those metal doors with the holes in them that you used to see around grocery stores. It was pretty dark back there, and just as I get to the doors, this ghost comes rushing out at me. Adrenaline kicked in and I pushed it back through the doors, turned around and headed for the front. I was trying to yell at the manager that a ghost was coming, but words weren't coming out, only weird sounds. I took a look back, and here comes the "ghost"; he was a guy with a pillow case on his head and he had a little revolver. The manager was already out the door when I got there.

Back in those days, the 70's, it was okay to keep your shotgun in the rack in your truck. Mine was there because we hunted a lot. I ran over, got the gun, put some shells in it, went back to the front door, and I swear, if the ghost had come out, I would have shot. The police got there and assured me I could put down the shotgun. The manager had to assure them that I wasn't the bad guy. They never did find the "ghost", but did find that we were missing a couple of thousand dollars.

The local newspaper ran a story about it and headlined it "Stockboy booed by a ghost". That was the only time i was ready to shoot at a human/ghost.
Sorry, I have the theme from Ghostbusters in my head right now