SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 12-03-2012, 11:22   #176
maximus1079

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrsuhd View Post
My daughter felt she had to draw one day. While watching a movie a very large individual with short arms began chasing a security guard. My daughter jumped off the couch ran to the toybox grabbed her brothers cap gun and emptied it at the tv.

She was about three and was watching Night at the Museum.
My wife called me at work to tell me the story laughed for hours.
<------------------ Thats her.
She's adorable, AND all ready to utilize her 2nd Amendment rights
Old 12-03-2012, 11:24   #177
maximus1079

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gray_Rider View Post
maximus

SO very true. There was no one there but me that evening. I was lying on my back, in bed, hands up behind my head fingers interlaced. My Goverment Model 1911 was laying on my left side on the floor. When that loud bang sounded I fliped over, snatched up the 1911, rolled back, sat upright and swept off the thumb safety all in one fluid movement. I don't remember doing any of that. Just the SNICK of that safety coming off and seeing the sight squarely in the middle of the hallway door! I fully thought someone had jerked the door open and was in the midst of leaping into my hallway when I came to the realization there was no one there, and the storm door was still closed. The sound was identical with popping that door release. BAAAANG! You always had to give it a hard rap to get it to realease. I had to fight myself to ease up on the trigger. My finger was taking up the slack and there wasn't much slack there to start with.
My heart was beating like a trip hammer. I was sucking air like the guy in the horse suit from the pizza commercial. I swept the safety back on and sank back on the pillow.

The first time I ever suspected someone in the house, it sounded like someone was walking around in the front of my mobile home. I thought it was my wife up and I reached beside me to find her sleeping. WHAT WAS THAT WALKING SOUND? Then to my terror, the footsteps came closer and closer. Someone is coming down my hall and I have a sleeping woman to protect with nothing but my bare hands! (No gun at that time) Turns out it was my neighbor walking his dog in the dirt lane beside my home. He was returning back from an early morning walk, his inital footfalls were the ones that first awakened me. His returning along the same lane was what sounded like steps in my hallway. Talk about your icy sweats.....The terror was unimaginable for those few minutes.

Shortly after, I purchased a pistol. I have slept with one from that day forward. I never want to feel that helpless ever again!

Gray_Rider
Scares like that in the middle of the night definitely get the adrenaline pumping, that's for sure!!
Old 12-03-2012, 16:53   #178
JAS104
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverMore1701 View Post
More like

The Okie Corral

I have a better picture, but it would get me banned
Old 12-03-2012, 17:28   #179
Beretta92guy

about four years ago i did......

woke up at 3 am one sunday morning to hear a loud banging on my back door.....

went to investigate and some guy was trying to beat down my door......i have those "french style" back doors with the glass in the center of the door.......i screamed repeatedly for the guy to get the hell off my property....

i keep two cinder blocks next to my outside door to put in the back of my truck in the winter, this crack-head picked one of them up and was about to smash it through my door......I flung open the door and stuck my Sig 226 in his face......he dropped the block and ran down the street.......

called the cops and they arrested him running down my street....he was high on something......

that is the one and only time i have ever pointed my gun at another human being....it is not something i ever want to do again!!!
Beretta92guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 17:57   #180
mr00jimbo

Love this thread!
Old 12-03-2012, 19:12   #181
maximus1079

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beretta92guy View Post
about four years ago i did......

woke up at 3 am one sunday morning to hear a loud banging on my back door.....

went to investigate and some guy was trying to beat down my door......i have those "french style" back doors with the glass in the center of the door.......i screamed repeatedly for the guy to get the hell off my property....

i keep two cinder blocks next to my outside door to put in the back of my truck in the winter, this crack-head picked one of them up and was about to smash it through my door......I flung open the door and stuck my Sig 226 in his face......he dropped the block and ran down the street.......

called the cops and they arrested him running down my street....he was high on something......

that is the one and only time i have ever pointed my gun at another human being....it is not something i ever want to do again!!!
People always take it lightly that when you carry or have a firearm for home protection that you have the ability to take another humans life. That's some MAJOR responsibility!!
Old 12-03-2012, 19:14   #182
maximus1079

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr00jimbo View Post
Love this thread!
Thanks....figured it would be nice to see the reactions of non-LEO citizens when the time came to draw a weapon to protect them or their family. It's good to see that we are using our 2nd amendment rights put to good use
Old 12-03-2012, 19:37   #183
Indianashooter

Several times during my security career. Once when 3 people came at me with crowbars. My 92 FS persuaded them to turn around and go the other way; another time while breaking up a fight, a gentleman comes at me with a two by four. Again, my 92 FS came out and after a few choice words, the two by four was dropped.
One other time heading home from work and two blocks away from my place. I was slowing down for a stop sign when a obviously drunk young man wandered over to my car asking for help(at 3:45 am). I pulled out my (the 92 had been retired) HK USP 40 and held it on the passenger seat. Long story short, someone stole his car at a party around the corner and he wanted me to call the police! After he moved back to the sidewalk (the HK might have helped him move), I stepped out of the car and waited with him until the police showed up.

Last edited by Indianashooter; 12-03-2012 at 19:38..
Indianashooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 20:55   #184
maximus1079

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indianashooter View Post
Several times during my security career. Once when 3 people came at me with crowbars. My 92 FS persuaded them to turn around and go the other way; another time while breaking up a fight, a gentleman comes at me with a two by four. Again, my 92 FS came out and after a few choice words, the two by four was dropped.
One other time heading home from work and two blocks away from my place. I was slowing down for a stop sign when a obviously drunk young man wandered over to my car asking for help(at 3:45 am). I pulled out my (the 92 had been retired) HK USP 40 and held it on the passenger seat. Long story short, someone stole his car at a party around the corner and he wanted me to call the police! After he moved back to the sidewalk (the HK might have helped him move), I stepped out of the car and waited with him until the police showed up.
And that makes you all the better for waiting with him. Good for you! I always wanted a 92FS!! SO jealous
Old 12-03-2012, 21:00   #185
carguy2244

Attackers

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus1079 View Post
Yeah after Pablo, Hector, and Juan took off after there buddy drew his knife I called the EMT's and local P.D cause he got stomped pretty bad.
How'd you get their names?
carguy2244 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 21:06   #186
NeverMore1701
Platinum Membership
Fear no evil.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carguy2244 View Post
Probably the same way I identify Joe-Bob, Billy-Jack and Jeremiah when I see a trio of rednecks doing something stupid. It just fits.
For the last time
NeverMore1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 22:04   #187
Razorback01

Quote:
love this thread!
+1...
Razorback01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 05:16   #188
carguy2244

100% Accurate

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLB768 View Post
I've been carrying about 15 years now, and never had to even think about drawing, or showing my weapon. I pretty much avoid puting myself in situations that up the odds of doing so...I very rarely go to ATM's after dark, I avoid rougher areas, and I let traffic incidents slide due to road ragers. While I like where I live, it's unfortunately a very liberal county. I don't want to go up against a liberal prosecutor, judge, or jury, because they would more than likely find that Mr Badguy was really a good person who made a few mistakes, and I was just a gun loving animal who wanted to scare/shoot someone. Not to mention, good or bad shoot, it's gonna be expensive for me.
This post reflects excellent judgement.

I carried for many years, and more than once, immaturity got the best of me.

However, the reality check of being grown with a family and responsibilities have altered my perception.

It's painlfully easy to avoid trouble if you possess and prioritize SITUATIONAL AWARENESS!
Your gun is a tool - hopefully your brain is your weapon - use to see trouble BEFORE it happens and avoid it.

Last edited by carguy2244; 12-04-2012 at 05:16..
carguy2244 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 05:46   #189
Peace Warrior
CLM Number 221
Am Yisrael Chai

I was in my vehicle waiting in a Popeye's drive through one afternoon and cleared leather. I thank G-d I did not have to clear the dashboard.
"Nothing we're gonna do is going to fundamentally alter or eliminate the possibility of another mass shooting or guarantee that [our gun ban legislation] will bring gun deaths down..." - VPOTUS Joe Biden
"Love 'Em All!!! Let Jehovah sort 'em out." - The Holy Bible
"You gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie?" - Josey Wales
Peace Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 07:47   #190
PaulMason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple7 View Post
The way we stopped I couldn't drive around him in the time it would have taken for him to get to my car. I was up against his car and a barrier. I would have had to back way up to do it. In the moment and in the time frame it was the choice I made. I will admit that I wasn't in the best frame of mind
What would you have done if the other guy* advanced on you? Shot him? Yes, you did have witnesses but you probably would also have large legal bills.

My point is - you were in your car - pepper spray is easy to keep in a car. You would have had options.

*I'm assuming the other guy was unarmed.
PaulMason is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 10:17   #191
GasTurbine
Porschey Power!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple7 View Post
I flash my lights in a "hey get out of the way" type way.
And how did this help the situation?

Quote:
I'm furious cause he endangered my kids life, and my wife can see it.
The way I see it, is that YOU endangered your family's lives.

Quote:
My wife was really freaked out but more glad that I didn't unload on the kid.
She has a good reason to be glad...she wont be visiting you behind bars for the next 30 years.
GasTurbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 10:23   #192
GasTurbine
Porschey Power!

Quote:
Originally Posted by byf43 View Post
I've drawn my weapon (from a nightstand) twice, in all the years that I've owned firearms.

The first was...with my Gov't Mdl in my hand.
Quote:
The second time...I retrieved my G21 from the nightstand
Another 1911 to Glock convert!
Old 12-04-2012, 10:32   #193
GasTurbine
Porschey Power!

Quote:
Originally Posted by relayman View Post
...and pointed it into the face of a black guy that was standing there.
Curious as to why you would use this adjective to describe this man?
Old 12-04-2012, 10:35   #194
series1811
CLM Number
Enforcerator.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharky7 View Post
Tantrix might have a few good stories...
Oh, I see what you did there.
Old 12-04-2012, 11:26   #195
mr00jimbo

I guess I can contribute in a less meaningful way. I was out in the woods near Squamish, BC (if anyone knows where that is), probably about 30 clicks outside of town limits, no phone reception. I brought two new shooters and my 30-06, a 10/22 and an 870.

I guess somebody flagged down a cop and told him we were shooting (maybe campers or something, we were being legal but whatever...) so he pulled us over as we left.
He pulled us over by a bush where a young black bear was eating berries. I said, "oh be careful, there's a [black] bear" which he replied, "there was a grizzly watching you shoot"

I guess open carry prevented that!
Old 12-04-2012, 11:27   #196
Glock20 10mm
Use Linux!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasTurbine View Post
Curious as to why you would use this adjective to describe this man?
Probably because the guy standing there was black?
Glock20 10mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 11:34   #197
GasTurbine
Porschey Power!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock20 10mm View Post
Probably because the guy standing there was black?
The point is why describe what color the man is? He didnt say what color his eyes were...he didnt say what color his hair was...he didnt say what color shirt he was wearing...he didnt say what his build was...he didnt say what his height was...he didnt say what his weight was...Im just curious to why his only adjective was his skin color and why he chose to share that? What relevance could it serve?
Old 12-04-2012, 11:38   #198
maximus1079

Quote:
Originally Posted by carguy2244 View Post
Hahaha that was about as close to being racist as I get. I just used generic Latino names for example
Old 12-04-2012, 11:39   #199
maximus1079

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverMore1701 View Post
Probably the same way I identify Joe-Bob, Billy-Jack and Jeremiah when I see a trio of rednecks doing something stupid. It just fits.
OMG exactly!
Old 12-04-2012, 11:41   #200
maximus1079

Quote:
I guess I can contribute in a less meaningful way. I was out in the woods near Squamish, BC (if anyone knows where that is), probably about 30 clicks outside of town limits, no phone reception. I brought two new shooters and my 30-06, a 10/22 and an 870.

I guess somebody flagged down a cop and told him we were shooting (maybe campers or something, we were being legal but whatever...) so he pulled us over as we left.
He pulled us over by a bush where a young black bear was eating berries. I said, "oh be careful, there's a [black] bear" which he replied, "there was a grizzly watching you shoot"

I guess open carry prevented that!
Apparently bears are smarter than humans