Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-03-2012, 00:30   #1
dvegas
Glock Shooter

New Glock 19 gen 4 ejection problems

So after doing some web research, it sounded like the ejection problems for gen4 models had been fixed. So I bought a new Glock 19 Gen 4, serial TTV***, test shot in 9/2012. The first trip to the range, I had about 1 shell to the top of the head per magazine and erratic ejection. After 500 rounds I am now getting 1-2 shells to the forehead, occasionally to the glasses and very erratic ejection.

I have tried multiple different types of ammo including WWB and Federal, mostly 115g. I even tried a Winchester 124g NATO, which was better, but I still got a really hard shell right to the middle of my forehead.

This just isn't right. I bought a new glock for self-defense and CC, wanting something that would work no matter what. Now I have a gun that ejects shells into my face. Although a random shell to the forehead at the range is still not acceptable, it isn't a big deal. However a shell to the eye, without safety glasses on in the middle of the night, is a completely different animal. (I hope I got the bad guy with the first shot, cuz I can't see him now)

This is a Glock, not an off brand cheapo. I could replace the ejector with an Apex one, but I already paid for a new gun and expect it to work properly. Plus, although I don't really use it, I don't want to install a non-LCI extractor (I can hear the lawyers now "so you removed one of the saftey devices from your gun..."

I called Glock and they said there weren't ejection problems with the Gen 4 (really?) I was told that I had the most up to date parts on my gun. I have the 0-3-4 spring and the 30274 ejector. I asked about the dipped extractors (which I have), and was told that Glock had been using those extractors for years. They are letting me send my gun in to see if there is something wrong...

Sorry for another rant on ejection problems, but I was under the impression that these problems were fixed. I wouldn't have bought one if I knew the problems still existed. I just want to put it out there that new Glock 19 Gen 4 models still have ejection problems.
dvegas is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ejection, extractor, gen 4, glock 19