SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 11-30-2012, 22:33   #126
TK-421

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus1079 View Post
No offense but you seem to be a trouble magnet LOL At least you were prepared each time....kudos!!!
At least he has plenty of opportunities to use whatever skills he's picked up over the years.
TK-421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 02:00   #127
Gray_Rider

Over the course of many, many years of CCW I have reached for my CCW on a few different occasions. Thankfully most occasions were false alarms. I have fully drawn three times if memory serves. Twice, my reaching changed the channel of would be attackers. They knew I wasn't going after a Snickers bar. I am familier with making a flawless presentation too. Three times I have drawn. The first time I realised I had my gun out was when I heard the distinct "click" of my 1911's safety being swept off. I was dead center on the area I wished to send a message to but thankfully no one was there. The sound of my storm door's latch being hit started the action. Alas it was the house settling that caused the sound, but muscle memory worked perfectly just the same. I fully expected to see someone leap into my hallway .5 seconds after the "bang" of the door. One other time I heard the sound of running feet, and I fully expected to be charged by a person or persons unknown. Thankfully, once again it was a false alarm, but my draw and aim was good.

Gray_Rider
Old 12-01-2012, 04:49   #128
Veedubklown

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhambi View Post
I was inspired by this thread to draw my weapon.

It was in anger... because I suck at drawing.

The Okie Corral

I've never had to draw my gun, only twice was I ever in a situation where I was even thankful I have it. Those are more than enough to have it every day.
Old 12-01-2012, 11:00   #129
maximus1079

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK-421 View Post
At least he has plenty of opportunities to use whatever skills he's picked up over the years.
I totally agree! Preparedness is a sign of great wisdom *nod*
Old 12-01-2012, 11:05   #130
maximus1079

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gray_Rider View Post
Over the course of many, many years of CCW I have reached for my CCW on a few different occasions. Thankfully most occasions were false alarms. I have fully drawn three times if memory serves. Twice, my reaching changed the channel of would be attackers. They knew I wasn't going after a Snickers bar. I am familier with making a flawless presentation too. Three times I have drawn. The first time I realised I had my gun out was when I heard the distinct "click" of my 1911's safety being swept off. I was dead center on the area I wished to send a message to but thankfully no one was there. The sound of my storm door's latch being hit started the action. Alas it was the house settling that caused the sound, but muscle memory worked perfectly just the same. I fully expected to see someone leap into my hallway .5 seconds after the "bang" of the door. One other time I heard the sound of running feet, and I fully expected to be charged by a person or persons unknown. Thankfully, once again it was a false alarm, but my draw and aim was good.

Gray_Rider
Awesome that you have great reflexes, but do you have any family in the house? You have to be SO careful about that. I had a similar situation about 3 months ago. Heard a loud bang downstairs in my apt and jumped up (Sig P220) in hand and ran downstairs adrenaline pumping. Without even realizing, I had reached over and felt to see if my wife was still in bed before I went down there like a house of fury....fortunately my daughter is 2 and still in a crib in the next room. Always know the whereabouts of any house guests/family members before you start waving ol' hot iron around
Old 12-01-2012, 11:06   #131
maximus1079

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veedubklown View Post

I've never had to draw my gun, only twice was I ever in a situation where I was even thankful I have it. Those are more than enough to have it every day.
My wife has a gun phobia (still don't know why) so I had to explain that just HAVING a gun can be deterrent enough to prevent most problems.....and that's without having to turn anyone into swiss cheese
Old 12-01-2012, 11:12   #132
Beware Owner
NOT a victim.

Attempted robbery two years ago. He has new body art and is doing six to eight in prison.
Homegrown Terrorism
Beware Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 11:16   #133
maximus1079

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beware Owner View Post
Attempted robbery two years ago. He has new body art and is doing six to eight in prison.
OMG that's so funny you mentioned that. I knew a member of the Hell's Angels (not a close personal friend or anything) who got tattoos of bullet holes in the middle of his chest and exit wounds on his back.....weirdo. At least your robber has a memento of his encounter with you
Old 12-01-2012, 11:19   #134
Beware Owner
NOT a victim.

Quote:
OMG that's so funny you mentioned that. I knew a member of the Hell's Angels (not a close personal friend or anything) who got tattoos of bullet holes in the middle of his chest and exit wounds on his back.....weirdo. At least your robber has a memento of his encounter with you
This joker plead not guilty, the D.A. had a field trip with this case. The same person who gave me my firearms training was the same one who had trained the detectives who investigated the incident.
Homegrown Terrorism
Beware Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 13:04   #135
Henry's Dad
woof, woof

I'm calling BS on all these "self-defense" stories.

I read/listen to the MSM and am accurately informed that no crime has ever been prevented by private citizens brandishing firearms.

Henry's Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 14:25   #136
relayman

One night I was sitting at a traffic signal and the passenger side door of my pickup opened . I snatched up my Model 19 that was on the seat next to me and pointed it into the face of a black guy that was standing there . He mumbled something about wanting a ride and I yelled at him to get back . He slammed the door and walked away . It scared the hell out of both of us .
relayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 14:29   #137
NeverMore1701
Platinum Membership
Fear no evil.

Quote:
Originally Posted by relayman View Post
One night I was sitting at a traffic signal and the passenger side door of my pickup opened . I snatched up my Model 19 that was on the seat next to me and pointed it into the face of a black guy that was standing there . He mumbled something about wanting a ride and I yelled at him to get back . He slammed the door and walked away . It scared the hell out of both of us .
Bet ya lock your doors now
For the last time
NeverMore1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 15:44   #138
TK-421

Quote:
And that is why I lock my doors when driving around town, even in the good areas of town.
Old 12-01-2012, 16:18   #139
concretefuzzynuts
Brew Crew

May I say;

maximus1079, you don't need to answer every response to your OP. I'm certainly not going to criticize you and have no interest in such. But it is OK to just listen.

Now let the flaming of my post begin.
GTDS Member #7
GOTOD Member #757
Snub Club Member #757
NRA Member
concretefuzzynuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 16:28   #140
NeverMore1701
Platinum Membership
Fear no evil.

Quote:
Originally Posted by concretefuzzynuts View Post
May I say;

maximus1079, you don't need to answer every response to your OP. I'm certainly not going to criticize you and have no interest in such. But it is OK to just listen.

Newbs shouldn't offer advice, it's just... newbish.

For the last time
NeverMore1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 19:51   #141
maximus1079

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beware Owner View Post
This joker plead not guilty, the D.A. had a field trip with this case. The same person who gave me my firearms training was the same one who had trained the detectives who investigated the incident.
Small world huh? Worked out well in the end for you though
Old 12-01-2012, 19:55   #142
maximus1079

Quote:
May I say;

I was just being polite. It's in my nature (or some such crap) to respond to those who have responses to things I post. I don't like it when an OP'er disappears leaving everyone to wonder why he OP in the first place. It's not like this is a debate or anything!
Old 12-01-2012, 19:56   #143
maximus1079

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry's Dad View Post
I'm calling BS on all these "self-defense" stories.

I read/listen to the MSM and am accurately informed that no crime has ever been prevented by private citizens brandishing firearms.

Old 12-01-2012, 19:56   #144
maximus1079

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverMore1701 View Post

^^this^^
Old 12-01-2012, 20:39   #145
Gombey

Quote:
May I say;

Where is that applause icon...

I was thinking the same thing.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Gombey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 20:44   #146
maximus1079

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gombey View Post
Where is that applause icon...

I was thinking the same thing.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
That's funny cause I don't remember this being a "post asinine responses that have nothing to do with the OP.....guess there will always be at least one or two dumb asses in the bunch. Go post somewhere else if you have nothing relevant to say
Old 12-01-2012, 21:30   #147
TK-421

Quote:
That's funny cause I don't remember this being a "post asinine responses that have nothing to do with the OP.
That's GT for ya.
Old 12-01-2012, 22:23   #148
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
May I say;

I'm not going to flame, I agree. That's the reason I haven't posted my incidents.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverMore1701 View Post

Said the NooB!

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

RIP my friends Greg and Florence, see you again on the other side.
RIP Jeff (23Skidoo) - 1962-2012 and Gloria (Silent_Runner) - 1964-2013
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Lone_Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 22:32   #149
tsmo1066
Happy Smiley

Quote:
Not to sound like an ass, but you may want to A) Keep the doors to your vehicle locked when driving around and B) find someplace better to keep your weapon.

A pistol sitting on the seat of a car will wind up on the floorboards and possibly out of reach if your vehicle gets hit or you have to slam on the brakes (two common occurences immediately preceding a defensive crisis).

A holster velcroed to the center console of the truck or fixed to the underside of the driver's seat might serve you better.
Old 12-01-2012, 22:51   #150
klmmicro

Send a message via Yahoo to klmmicro

Yes, I was in the military. During that time I had to draw my weapon plenty of times.

One time while off base, 4 guys came out of an alley and confronted my friend. I saw that one had a knife and there had been several stabbings of service members in the immediate area over a few weeks prior. My friend HAD to have cigarettes at 0200...and pulled into the worst part of town. Anyway, never had to aim. I guess the nice folks figured there would be easier targets of opportunity later on and they left quickly.

*10 Ring, MBR and Reloading Clubs: #436*
klmmicro is offline   Reply With Quote