Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 12-01-2012, 06:11   #261
Arc Angel
Deus Vult!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayB View Post
The idea is "Stewardship".

Nobody can pay for the sins of the past. But someday, we must answer for them, if we are ever to lay them to rest ...

....... (Ode To Martha)

P.S. On 12/01/2012, my wish of a lifetime, my lifetime, is that we finally acknowledge, and put this matter to rest.
Ray, that's a beautiful poem! Thank you.

Answering for, 'the sins of the past' is a big part of life; isn't it. I, also, agree with you: We are stewards over our pets and livestock; and this stewardship makes every husbandman - in a very real spiritual sense - responsible for the ethical treatment and gentle care of all God's creatures.

'A righteous man regardeth the life of his beast: but the tender mercies of the wicked are cruel.' - Proverbs 12:10

Last edited by Arc Angel; 12-01-2012 at 06:15..
Arc Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 07:02   #262
GreenDrake
Rip Lips

Arc, I understand you have a penchant to proselytize but your god is not lord over me. You have chosen to embrace your biggest weakness and I do not condemn you for that, it is your choice.
Old 12-01-2012, 08:15   #263
Arc Angel
Deus Vult!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenDrake View Post
Arc, I understand you have a penchant to proselytize but your god is not lord over me. You have chosen to embrace your biggest weakness and I do not condemn you for that, it is your choice.
Don't be ridiculous! I have no, 'penchant to proselytize'. I'm perfectly willing to let you go to Hell all by yourself. (Won't bother me in the least!)

What I am possessed of is a multi-dimensional personal intellect; and my interests are broad ranging. What do you think? That all I want to do is talk about stupid guns and shooting all day long! I'm, also, a moral man who believes that modern technology without ancient morality is a sure and certain way for anyone to destroy his very own soul.

My social manners are, also, much better than yours. If - IF - I were to disbelieve in God I wouldn't do what you and your ilk do, and go onto the Internet to offend, or take, 'cheap shots' at everyone with better developed religious sense.

You guys can be such big crybabies! You're, all, really good at dishing it out; but, when you get it back, all you do is whine and complain. Speak for yourself there, GD. Personally I don't want to be remembered as a, 'great gunman', or a guy who really knew shooting, and his Glocks. I'd much rather be remembered as a faithful and loyal Christian, instead.

If my posts, their content, or viewpoint, offend you, ....... well, instead of taking, 'cheap shots' and posting snide remarks the way you usually do, how about trying the, 'Ignore' button. (But you don't have that sort of social etiquette; do you!)
Arc Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 11:38   #264
UtahIrishman
Silver Membership
BLR

boy this thread sure has diverged...cool poem

----
UtahIrishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 11:45   #265
RayB
Retired Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arc Angel View Post
Don't be ridiculous! I have no, 'penchant to proselytize'. I'm perfectly willing to let you go to Hell all by yourself. (Won't bother me in the least!)

Ah, but it will; and it does; and that old friend, is the price you pay and will continue to pay; while he does not, and will not.

The real difference is, I'll remember you.

It sucks being complex!

--Ray
RayB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 11:52   #266
RayB
Retired Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahIrishman View Post
1) boy this thread sure has diverged...

2) cool poem

1) Perhaps, it needed to. Perhaps, it's time.

2) Thank you! I put all of me into that...

--Ray
Old 12-01-2012, 15:06   #267
railfancwb

Thoughts from elsewhere...

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...jemLifeStyle_h

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Old 12-01-2012, 15:09   #268
NeverMore1701
Platinum Membership
Fear no evil.

Quote:

What I am possessed of is a multi-dimensional personal intellect; and my interests are broad ranging. What do you think? That all I want to do is talk about stupid guns and shooting all day long! I'm, also, a moral man who believes that modern technology without ancient morality is a sure and certain way for anyone to destroy his very own soul.

My social manners are, also, much better than yours. If - IF - I were to disbelieve in God I wouldn't do what you and your ilk do, and go onto the Internet to offend, or take, 'cheap shots' at everyone with better developed religious sense.

You guys can be such big crybabies! You're, all, really good at dishing it out; but, when you get it back, all you do is whine and complain. Speak for yourself there, GD. Personally I don't want to be remembered as a, 'great gunman', or a guy who really knew shooting, and his Glocks. I'd much rather be remembered as a faithful and loyal Christian, instead.

If my posts, their content, or viewpoint, offend you, ....... well, instead of taking, 'cheap shots' and posting snide remarks the way you usually do, how about trying the, 'Ignore' button. (But you don't have that sort of social etiquette; do you!)
If only there was a subforum dedicated to religious drivel....
For the last time

Last edited by NeverMore1701; 12-01-2012 at 15:10..
NeverMore1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 17:07   #269
RayB
Retired Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverMore1701 View Post
If only there was a subforum dedicated to religious drivel....

But you can ask about extraterrestrial life, and have Rabbi or devildog go off on mathematics, probabilities, and subatomic particle behavior?

Not that that's a problem, since some things are interwoven, like space and time, eternity and God...

I, for one, care what AA has to say! Because this is an issue pertaining to our moral compass, and religious belief is a part of that, that nearly ineffable part, that's worth all the rest.

How dreary, if numbers told the whole story...

By the bye, I want your input too!

--Ray
Old 12-01-2012, 17:42   #270
Kingarthurhk
Isaiah 53:4-9

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKM View Post
Could Kingarthur....... please change his user name so I no longer despise any otherwise innocent historical figure?
Or, alternatively, you could resign from PITA.
Old 12-01-2012, 18:36   #271
Foxterriermom

Gentleman, the boy going in after his dog was 16 years old. Some of you are approaching this as if he had the reasoning skills of an older man with life experience behind him that would have helped him to make a more rational decision. What sort of clear-headed decision would any of us had made at this age in this particular situation under the same circumstances?

He saw a pet that he presumably loved very, very much in what he thought was a life-threatening situation, and he more than likely gave very little thought if any to his own safety when he went in after the dog. His action was reactional instinct to a stressful situation. His thought process probably went no farther than "my dog is in trouble and I need to save him" and nothing more or nothing less.

This is what young people do. They make many mistakes in their formative years which is how most of us learn how to successfully deal with situations later in life, but unfortunately in this case, it was a fatal mistake.

To draw any conclusion that the boy considered the dog his equal is merely conjecture. The conclusion we can draw however, is that he loved his dog. That is the most admirable part of the tragic story.
Foxterriermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 18:41   #272
maxmanta

You're all aware that killing a police dog is treated the same as if you had killed a human police officer, right?

Local governments have already decided that a dog's life is not only equal to a human's, but is actually more important.

That being said, I would risk my life to save my cat. No, he is not human. But that does not make him unimportant.
maxmanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 18:45   #273
maxmanta

Quote:

Excellent post!

You should be on Reddit. It could use more people like you.
maxmanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 18:46   #274
RayB
Retired Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxmanta View Post
You're all aware that killing a police dog is treated the same as if you had killed a human police officer, right?

Local governments have already decided that a dog's life is not only equal to a human's, but is actually more important.

That being said, I would risk my life to save my cat. No, he is not human. But that does not make him unimportant.

Nicely said!

Bernie is definitely worth risking my life for; I would not hesitate. I would also use deadly force to defend him.

No, Bernie is not human. He's better than that!

--Ray
Old 12-01-2012, 19:40   #275
Kilrain
Señor Member

Quote:
:What I am possessed of is a multi-dimensional personal intellect; and my interests are broad ranging.
You and Charlie Sheen and Bigfoot........

He is the pork of crime

- Michael Hurley
Kilrain is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 20:26   #276
NDCent
Socially Inept

I only read through about 30 percent of this thread, mainly because Frank has been stingy with the pictures lately.

IMO, many are overrating this fellow man thing.

Last edited by NDCent; 12-01-2012 at 20:27..
NDCent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 22:00   #277
AK_Stick
AAAMAD

Send a message via AIM to AK_Stick Send a message via Yahoo to AK_Stick
Quote:
Part of what you say is true! Between the two of us He might be only, 'my God'; however; 'my God' is, also, Lord over you, as well; and it remains to be seen which one of us finally makes it; and which one does not.
Funny, that's exactly what the Muslims in Iraq said when I talked to them. Almost to the T.

But ofcourse your god is the true god, and theirs is false

You über religious folk need Jesus.

"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my children may have peace"
AK_Stick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 23:01   #278
9mm +p+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingarthurhk View Post
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/11/26...g-to-save-dog/

Ironically, the only survivor was the dog. When people overly anthropomorphize animals into pseudo-humans, this sort of thing happens. No dog is worth the death of an entire family.

That's your opinion, no family is worth the life of any of my dogs,period. My dogs are better than ANY person that I've ever met, they are family and are treated as such and would be defended the same.

Last edited by 9mm +p+; 12-01-2012 at 23:04..
9mm +p+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 05:26   #279
RayB
Retired Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK_Stick View Post
Funny, that's exactly what the Muslims in Iraq said when I talked to them. Almost to the T.

But ofcourse your god is the true god, and theirs is false

Didn't we have a like a big war over that, a while back?

If memory serves, they lost that one...

--Ray
Old 12-02-2012, 07:05   #280
Claymore 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9mm +p+ View Post
That's your opinion, no family is worth the life of any of my dogs,period. My dogs are better than ANY person that I've ever met, they are family and are treated as such and would be defended the same.
I could not have said it better. I don't put them above my family but they are above you.
Claymore 51 is offline   Reply With Quote