SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 11-30-2012, 07:47   #21
bilkay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macbooklover91 View Post
@bilkay - I like the idea but it just seems too thin. I would rather a little more thickness if it meant my gun is securely fitted in there.
Trust me, it's not too thin. The holster's stiff enough and the pistol locks in well.
bilkay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 22:11   #22
berfles

Thanks for this thread, I too was looking at getting a Bravo Concealment holster (D.O.S.) but maybe I'll look at Raven as well. Never had a holster before, not even sure where I'd want to have it on me, but we'll see.
berfles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 23:06   #23
theSteve

Why not consider a kydex holster from Galco? 20-30 dollars cheaper and you don't have to wait the 2-3 months to get it.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
theSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 23:30   #24
Macbooklover91

Quote:
Originally Posted by berfles View Post
Thanks for this thread, I too was looking at getting a Bravo Concealment holster (D.O.S.) but maybe I'll look at Raven as well. Never had a holster before, not even sure where I'd want to have it on me, but we'll see.
Yeah my biggest reason will be for ccw. I found some youtube videos. Maybe it'll help. May be it will only make the decision more difficult. The more I look the more I think either would be a great option if kydex is your option (It seems like kydex vs everything else is the toughest decision.)

Note: some references in the videos might be slightly nsfw. not that you should prob be watching these at work..

RDR IWB - MrColionNoir

Bravo Concealment - MrColionNoir

D.O.S. Bravo - cory07ink (Range Time with Cory and Erika)

Bravo Kydex - cory07ink (Range Time with Cory and Erika)

Raven Phantom - Sturmgewehre (Military Arms Channel)
http://youtu.be/ZplHQWW-UEM

New Owner of a Glock 19 :supergrin:
Glock 19 - Gen 4
Macbooklover91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 23:51   #25
berfles

Yeah, I follow Cory and Erika on YouTube a lot, that's actually where I first saw the bravo holsters. I'll check the others out too.
berfles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 03:16   #26
spy

Personally, I don't like plain kydex holsters as IBW - don't feel comfortable with it.
I prefer hybrid models. Now I use this one - very nice, even in our hot weather without any basic layer, directly "on the skin". The original c-clips are intended for dress belt, so I replaced them with regular steel clips for use with gun belt.
spy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 05:58   #27
jdw174

Check out Comp-TAC. www.comp-tac.com
jdw174 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 18:03   #28
G19g4
NREMT-Paramedic

Carry Issues
Check out deadeyelukestore.com
I've had mine just over a year now and it works flawlessly.
G19g4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 21:48   #29
BamaTrooper
Almost Done

Send a message via Yahoo to BamaTrooper
Well, since no one has mentioned them yet, try alabamaholster.com
Old 12-04-2012, 22:47   #30
suff528

I use this for my G23
[url]http://n82tactical.com/n82store/[/url]

It is extremely comfortable.
suff528 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 22:51   #31
G35DriverG19Carrier

I replaced my J hooks. One broke in less than a month. Overall my holster is great. I have a glock 19 with a tlr-1s attached. It's my daily carry. Sometimes I do switch it up with my glock 22 but primarily I use my 19. Bravo was great to work with. I loved their communication and I absolutely coul not be happier with their holster and their workmanship.

Let me know if you have any questions.from an actual Bravo owner.

Old 12-05-2012, 10:47   #32
highwarden

Before spending money on accessories, do some local research. mngunsite and mnguntalk fora are a good place to start. You didn't say where in southern MN you
were located. There are excellent instructors in the Mankato and Rochester areas. One of the first things you will learn "MN DOES NOT HAVE CCW. IT IS PTC( PERMIT TO CARRY)".

Also Butch on this forum is from So. MN and very knowledgeable and
also " a purty damn good shooter with a Glock".

One other thing if you don't already have it, you will need a PTP(permit to purchase) to pick up your gun.

Last edited by highwarden; 12-05-2012 at 10:58.. Reason: edit to add
highwarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 17:00   #33
Macbooklover91

Quote:
Originally Posted by G35DriverG19Carrier View Post
I replaced my J hooks. One broke in less than a month. Overall my holster is great. I have a glock 19 with a tlr-1s attached. It's my daily carry. Sometimes I do switch it up with my glock 22 but primarily I use my 19. Bravo was great to work with. I loved their communication and I absolutely coul not be happier with their holster and their workmanship.

Let me know if you have any questions.from an actual Bravo owner.

Good to know. Have you used any of the other clips? Maybe I'll use the J for tuckable and loops for when I'm wearing tshirts

Glock 19 - Gen 4
Old 12-05-2012, 17:06   #34
Macbooklover91

Quote:
Originally Posted by highwarden View Post
Before spending money on accessories, do some local research. mngunsite and mnguntalk fora are a good place to start. You didn't say where in southern MN you
were located. There are excellent instructors in the Mankato and Rochester areas. One of the first things you will learn "MN DOES NOT HAVE CCW. IT IS PTC( PERMIT TO CARRY)".

Also Butch on this forum is from So. MN and very knowledgeable and
also " a purty damn good shooter with a Glock".

One other thing if you don't already have it, you will need a PTP(permit to purchase) to pick up your gun.
I go to school in Mankato and my home town is an hour away.

Yeah most of the people I talk to still call it CCW but I understand any carrying of a firearm outside of private property requires this permit. I only use my glock at the range now. And thanks but yup I filed for my permit to purchase before I even signed up here. Good to know. I noticed at the range my biggest problem was trigger pull. So often I was either overly anticipating the recoil or pulling the trigger vs squeezing it. I still have a lot to learn. I'm on target but I need to be accurate inside that target.
Thanks all for all of your comments!

Glock 19 - Gen 4
Old 12-05-2012, 21:19   #35
iDivideByZero
Padawan

Both are good options. I like the wing attachments for the Raven Concealment and plan on picking one up eventually. Personally I find OWB more comfortable than IWB, but more difficult to conceal. Both of these holsters have IWB and OWB attachment options. This kydex paddle style of holster is supposed to offer the best OWB concealment for kydex.

Last edited by iDivideByZero; 12-05-2012 at 21:22.. Reason: remove ambiguity
iDivideByZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 16:36   #36
iDivideByZero
Padawan

In the end i went with Bravo Concealment for my Glock 26 over Raven because the order was supposed to have a shorter fill time. Only took about 100 days or so to get my order from Bravo Concealment ... It's a nice holster, the retention is great, and it's pretty comfortable to wear. I got the paddle wings, and J-hooks. I haven't bothered trying out the J-hooks, but the fit is okay with the wings. I may try heating up one of the wings so it fits my body shape a little better, but it is definitely not a setup that is easy for me to conceal under just a shirt (I'll stick to my Comptac ctac for max concealability). This holster I bought for wearing out in the woods (I find OWB more comfy than IWB for long walks), and winter time when I'll be wearing more layers. It rides pretty high, so it is real easy to get a good grip on it. I wear it with a 1.5" 5.11 Tactical belt, and sometimes I feel like the holster is a little top heavy (maybe because it is short due to the Glock 26). I'll be ordering another for my Glock 34 with Surefire light, so we'll see how that goes once I get it after another 3+ month wait

Tags
ccw, glock 19, kydex, question