SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 11-29-2012, 19:15   #76
TK-421

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokeross View Post
Ummmm, yes. A couple times with good results. Saw 6 of the biggest eyeballs you will ever see up in Anchortown years ago. Gang bangers were looking down the barrel of my .45. Time before that it was a .44 mag. Never saw a bunch of wanna be bad guys move so fast when they felt the concussion and saw the flame from the barrel. Wife asked later what would have happened if they had kept on coming. I told her the next round was going through the big guys chest. He was the apparent leader of the band of misbehavers.
You're a better man than I am, I won't give them warning shots.
TK-421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 19:15   #77
maximus1079

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverMore1701 View Post
In answer to the tread topic, I've broken concealment twice and drawn once. Each time it was enough to end the encounter.
I sure hope so! At least you weren't trigger happy or we'd be reading about you in the newspaper
Old 11-29-2012, 19:16   #78
maximus1079

Quote:
Originally Posted by *ASH* View Post
meth head
Gotcha....thanks
Old 11-29-2012, 19:17   #79
maximus1079

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokeross View Post
Ummmm, yes. A couple times with good results. Saw 6 of the biggest eyeballs you will ever see up in Anchortown years ago. Gang bangers were looking down the barrel of my .45. Time before that it was a .44 mag. Never saw a bunch of wanna be bad guys move so fast when they felt the concussion and saw the flame from the barrel. Wife asked later what would have happened if they had kept on coming. I told her the next round was going through the big guys chest. He was the apparent leader of the band of misbehavers.
Cut off the head and the body dies
Old 11-29-2012, 19:19   #80
maximus1079

Quote:
Originally Posted by larry_minn View Post
Well guess you were right.
I have posted one of mine too dang many times. It gets the heart going, and the fear going. Not as much on what is going on but what is likely to happen if you are forced to shoot.
If I shoot someone they have to FORCE me to shoot them.
If they FORCE you too shoot them then let "god sort em' out" in the end
Old 11-29-2012, 19:21   #81
maximus1079

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingarthurhk View Post
I have drawn my weapon more times than I can count and have been shot at by the Mexican Military. And no, I don't care to share the stories either. Also, I read the Op wrong. I thought it said any LEO. Long day.
No worries big guy! Thanks for your service by the way
Old 11-29-2012, 19:23   #82
maximus1079

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jade Falcon View Post
Seriously? Is this a joke?

Jesus...just curse a little and drive around him or stop and wait. You put your family in a dangerous sitsuation.

As for me, no. I did have to draw twice when I was on duty as a Security Officer though, but that's "In Uniform", not necessarily as a "Civilian" (yes, I know Security is Civilian).
"Armed Security" does in fact give you more credibility in a court of law if you had to use deadly force.....at least in Mass anyways (as long as you were educated in such matters).
Old 11-29-2012, 19:24   #83
maximus1079

Quote:
Originally Posted by concretefuzzynuts View Post
Twice. Both on my property. I once owned close to 30 acres of pasture and timbered land mix.

It's amazing to me how the folks from the city come out to the woods and think they can come on any land they want and take wood, plants, shoot- whatever they feel like doing. And then take an attitude when you tell them it's private property and they need to leave.
Did you have "Private Property" signs up? Just curious....
Old 11-29-2012, 19:26   #84
maximus1079

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock20 10mm View Post
A person high on meth-amphetamines. Pretty common in our neck of the woods sadly. They tend to steal what ever they can to support their habit. The one that selected our home/property found out that was a very, very bad idea that could have ended much worse than it did.
Especially with a 10mm bullet destroying him
Around here we just have the good ol' crackheads to contend with.
Old 11-29-2012, 19:28   #85
maximus1079

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce M View Post
Maybe it's just me, but if I started to draw my gun and then felt that I should leave before the police got there I would begin to think that maybe I should not have started to draw the gun.
It was before I got my associates degree in criminal justice and understood my rights to use deadly force...when/where/under what circumstances. Otherwise I would have stayed around to try and ID the same 400 hispanic guys that all look the same in a 10 block radius. You do the math....
Old 11-29-2012, 19:30   #86
maximus1079

Quote:
I hear ya brother. I posted "No Trespassing" only to find them riddled with bullet holes.
Never mind you answered my previous question Damn city folk!!!
Old 11-29-2012, 19:49   #87
Bruce M

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus1079 View Post
It was before I got my associates degree in criminal justice and understood my rights to use deadly force...when/where/under what circumstances. Otherwise I would have stayed around to try and ID the same 400 hispanic guys that all look the same in a 10 block radius. You do the math....
As long as they are looking for the males that did the beating instead of the male that pulled the gun, it sounds like a plan. I tend to worry a bit about these kinds of situations because rumor has it sometimes it can be difficult to sort out who is who.
I never talked to anyone who had to fire their gun who said "I wished I had the smaller gun and fewer rounds with me" Just because you find a hundred people who agree with you on the internet does not mean you're right.
Bruce M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 19:57   #88
Jgriggs

Many many moons ago we lived in Tulsa, OK there was a young girl, maybe 16 or so that lived with a couple of 20-something guys. Typical wannabe gangsta types, what was wrong in this girls life I can't say. Anyway, as was the case at that time and in that place the status symbol for all the young, up and coming gangstas was to have a pit-bull. So this girl always walked the dog on a leash but would ALWAYS cross the road towards anyone she saw and give the dog commands to attack. Now the dog, to it's credit never did, but she always told it to. So one day she sees me out with our dog in front of our appt. she crosses the lot towards me and starts yelling for her dog to attack. I went inside and grabbed the 20GA Remington 1100. by this time she is in my yard trying to encourage her dog, I guess the sound racking that auto-loader convinced her to go away. She NEVER approached me or my family again, and in fact would turn around and go the other way when she saw me.
To be clear, my target was not the girl, she wasn't the threat, but if she dropped that leash or that dog had shown any real aggression I would have spent a few hours answering questions. Charges? maybe, maybe not but that pit would have been no less dead.
She and her roomies didn't last much longer before they were evicted - for threatening tenants.
Jgriggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 19:58   #89
tsmo1066
Happy Smiley

Quote:
Twice. Both on my property. I once owned close to 30 acres of pasture and timbered land mix.

It's amazing to me how the folks from the city come out to the woods and think they can come on any land they want and take wood, plants, shoot- whatever they feel like doing. And then take an attitude when you tell them it's private property and they need to leave.
I run into the same when we're on the family land in Missouri. It's about 120 acres in a very rural area, the land is fenced (cattle wire), road is gated, etc. and STILL we would find deer blinds, "party spots" improvised shooting ranges and such out there all the time.

I've never actually caught anyone "in the act", but I've recovered several good deer stands, an automated deer feeder and even some parts of what looked like a whiskey still once!

Fortunately, things have gotten better out there since a neighbor up the road (an utterly insane but honest redneck), asked us if his three sons could hunt the property a few years back. We obliged and since then his "boys" have pretty much acted as enforcers and have kept the riff-raff and poachers at bay when we're not around.

Last edited by tsmo1066; 11-29-2012 at 19:59..
tsmo1066 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 20:13   #90
concretefuzzynuts
Brew Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsmo1066 View Post
I run into the same when we're on the family land in Missouri. It's about 120 acres in a very rural area, the land is fenced (cattle wire), road is gated, etc. and STILL we would find deer blinds, "party spots" improvised shooting ranges and such out there all the time.

I've never actually caught anyone "in the act", but I've recovered several good deer stands, an automated deer feeder and even some parts of what looked like a whiskey still once!

Fortunately, things have gotten better out there since a neighbor up the road (an utterly insane but honest redneck), asked us if his three sons could hunt the property a few years back. We obliged and since then his "boys" have pretty much acted as enforcers and have kept the riff-raff and poachers at bay when we're not around.
Nice.
GTDS Member #7
GOTOD Member #757
Snub Club Member #757
NRA Member
concretefuzzynuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 21:32   #91
larry_minn
Silver Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus1079 View Post
Did you have "Private Property" signs up? Just curious....
Seems signs like those. (as well as "NO Hunting, trespassing/etc") look like targets to some folks.
larry_minn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 21:50   #92
HollowHead
Firm member

Carry? Never. The ranch gun has been out many times for critters harrassing the horses but the nightstand gun only once. There was a huge explosion in the dining room in the middle of the night and lots of smoke & debris. I thought someone had tossed in a flash-bang and grabbed the gun and ran in to find that our propane forced air furnace had exploded, ripping the louvered door out of the frame and throwing it and chunks of furnace all over the place. Turns out the regulator just outside the foundation had froze up and there was so little line pressure that when the thermostat kicked it on, firebox filled with gas instead of the burner igniting. When the pilot finally got it, BOOM! The chimney cap was tossed into the back yard about sixty yards. HH

Sent from two coffee cans connected by a string.
HollowHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 22:48   #93
BossGodfrey

As a Bail Bondsman, many times, shot four men over a period of five years. Two died and two lived. Hell of it is all four times I shot a man, it was over a lousy 500.00 bond that they had missed court over, Driving without a license or some BS like that. Off the job so to speak only once. Around 1998 I had a man break in around 0400, I open my bedroom door and he's maybe 20ft away in the kitchen. I shot three times and hit him once. He lived but I found out later it hit the spine and he was wheelchair bound for the rest of his life. 16 year old kid who was well over 6". Damn shame, lost everything from the neck down for nothing. I would like to say I used the mighty glock with a tac light for the job but truth is, I had just bought a 9mm sigma off a friend who was hard up for cash for 150.00 The all grey sigma model, two days before I had taken it to the lgs and the owner had rigged up a clamp that allowed me to mount a mini mag light on it. Yea I know, a sigma with a mini mag, it did look funky but back then I had to work with a tight budget. It did the job, allowed me to see he was criminal who had no right to be there. Guess I have a good reason for getting pissed at moron GT members who say there is no need for a light on a handgun. It gives away your position Blah blah. It did alright, for about two seconds before I made sure it was nobody I knew and then pulled the trigger. After those five incidents over a period of about twelve years I learned one thing, taking a human life is nothing to brag about and it does change a man on the inside for life !
Old 11-30-2012, 11:00   #94
maximus1079

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgriggs View Post
Many many moons ago we lived in Tulsa, OK there was a young girl, maybe 16 or so that lived with a couple of 20-something guys. Typical wannabe gangsta types, what was wrong in this girls life I can't say. Anyway, as was the case at that time and in that place the status symbol for all the young, up and coming gangstas was to have a pit-bull. So this girl always walked the dog on a leash but would ALWAYS cross the road towards anyone she saw and give the dog commands to attack. Now the dog, to it's credit never did, but she always told it to. So one day she sees me out with our dog in front of our appt. she crosses the lot towards me and starts yelling for her dog to attack. I went inside and grabbed the 20GA Remington 1100. by this time she is in my yard trying to encourage her dog, I guess the sound racking that auto-loader convinced her to go away. She NEVER approached me or my family again, and in fact would turn around and go the other way when she saw me.
To be clear, my target was not the girl, she wasn't the threat, but if she dropped that leash or that dog had shown any real aggression I would have spent a few hours answering questions. Charges? maybe, maybe not but that pit would have been no less dead.
She and her roomies didn't last much longer before they were evicted - for threatening tenants.
I've heard of similar situations, but usually it's the GUYS that are doing that crap. I'm surprised a girl was that desperate for their approval she would act like that.....guess nothing should surprise me anymore....
Old 11-30-2012, 11:02   #95
maximus1079

Quote:
Originally Posted by larry_minn View Post
Seems signs like those. (as well as "NO Hunting, trespassing/etc") look like targets to some folks.
Hahaha or in truth they are idiot magnets
Old 11-30-2012, 11:03   #96
maximus1079

Quote:
Originally Posted by HollowHead View Post
Carry? Never. The ranch gun has been out many times for critters harrassing the horses but the nightstand gun only once. There was a huge explosion in the dining room in the middle of the night and lots of smoke & debris. I thought someone had tossed in a flash-bang and grabbed the gun and ran in to find that our propane forced air furnace had exploded, ripping the louvered door out of the frame and throwing it and chunks of furnace all over the place. Turns out the regulator just outside the foundation had froze up and there was so little line pressure that when the thermostat kicked it on, firebox filled with gas instead of the burner igniting. When the pilot finally got it, BOOM! The chimney cap was tossed into the back yard about sixty yards. HH
OMG at least you and your family are okay!! That's some scary stuff (especially in the middle of the night).
Old 11-30-2012, 11:06   #97
maximus1079

Quote:
Originally Posted by BossGodfrey View Post
As a Bail Bondsman, many times, shot four men over a period of five years. Two died and two lived. Hell of it is all four times I shot a man, it was over a lousy 500.00 bond that they had missed court over, Driving without a license or some BS like that. Off the job so to speak only once. Around 1998 I had a man break in around 0400, I open my bedroom door and he's maybe 20ft away in the kitchen. I shot three times and hit him once. He lived but I found out later it hit the spine and he was wheelchair bound for the rest of his life. 16 year old kid who was well over 6". Damn shame, lost everything from the neck down for nothing. I would like to say I used the mighty glock with a tac light for the job but truth is, I had just bought a 9mm sigma off a friend who was hard up for cash for 150.00 The all grey sigma model, two days before I had taken it to the lgs and the owner had rigged up a clamp that allowed me to mount a mini mag light on it. Yea I know, a sigma with a mini mag, it did look funky but back then I had to work with a tight budget. It did the job, allowed me to see he was criminal who had no right to be there. Guess I have a good reason for getting pissed at moron GT members who say there is no need for a light on a handgun. It gives away your position Blah blah. It did alright, for about two seconds before I made sure it was nobody I knew and then pulled the trigger. After those five incidents over a period of about twelve years I learned one thing, taking a human life is nothing to brag about and it does change a man on the inside for life !
To each his own. If you feel a rail light is necessary than do what YOU feel is best. I have heard that some TAC lights are so powerful that they can "incapacitate" the BG for a few precious seconds.
Old 11-30-2012, 12:21   #98
Chesafreak

I had to draw my SA XD .40 while seated in my car. One night I was working late and was parked in a lot near the edge of a wooded lot. A guy walked up to my car from the woods and tried to open the door while I was sitting in the car. I pointed my pistol at the window and he took off.
Chesafreak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 12:32   #99
PhotoFeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by BossGodfrey View Post
After those five incidents over a period of about twelve years I learned one thing, taking a human life is nothing to brag about and it does change a man on the inside for life !
Your final statement about taking a life is something we all need to think about.

Many of us seem pretty cavalier about carrying a gun, shooting bad guys, ammo preferences based on the best wound causing (killing) ballistics. As the Boss and most others who have fired a fatal bullet say, you'll never, ever, be the same. Yea, its better than being dead from the bad guy's attack. Maybe we should just work harder at staying out of harm's way.

This subject needs to be part of our dialogue regarding gun ownership accountability and responsibility.
PhotoFeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 13:03   #100
NeverMore1701
Platinum Membership
Fear no evil.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoFeller View Post
Your final statement about taking a life is something we all need to think about.

Many of us seem pretty cavalier about carrying a gun, shooting bad guys, ammo preferences based on the best wound causing (killing) ballistics. As the Boss and most others who have fired a fatal bullet say, you'll never, ever, be the same. Yea, its better than being dead from the bad guy's attack. Maybe we should just work harder at staying out of harm's way.

This subject needs to be part of our dialogue regarding gun ownership accountability and responsibility.
It's something that's so uniquely individual that one can never know how it will effect them until it happens. Some people will be haunted for life, some will go out for a nice dinner and have a sound night's sleep afterwards. Most people, I suspect, will fall somewhere in between.
For the last time
NeverMore1701 is offline   Reply With Quote