SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 11-30-2012, 07:45   #1
TTex
Cannon Fodder

New Glock Extractor?

I've seen a couple of threads around talking about a new Glock LCI "non-dipped" extractor.
Has Glock really updated extractors, or are people ordering Lone Wolf extractors and thinking they are OEM parts?
If Glock is making a new extractor 1. How can I tell if it is an OEM part? 2. How can I be sure to get the new style OEM part when I order?
TTex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 09:21   #2
DannyR

Are you experiencing extraction problems?
Bull Dawg #1

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
DannyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 09:28   #3
BroncoAZ
Glockalfeliac

Interestingly enough the BTF issue wasn't mentioned at the Glock Armorer training I took this week. I didn't ask the question because mine aren't having issues, I know there were a couple other GT people in the room.
BroncoAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 09:35   #4
dhgeyer

Glock is making a new non-dipped extractor for Gen4 9mm pistols. It is still a MIM part. It is not Lone Wolf. It seems to help cure inconsistent ejection in some problem pistols.

Call Dave at Glockparts.com and order a non-dipped Glock extractor specifically. There may be other ways of being sure of getting the latest Glock extractor, but that's how I did it and it worked.

In my case changing the extractor did improve function in my Gen4 G19 as opposed to a Lone Wolf extractor, or the dipped one that came on the gun. I also added a White Sound Defense 20% extra power extractor depressor plunger spring, and a spring loaded bearing that added some tension. A non-LCI spring loaded bearing from Glockparts,com will do the same thing. With this setup my G19 will eject reliably without the magazine in place. It is the only combination of parts that I have tried that will do that. Apart from that, with the magazine in place the ejection is very consistent, and the cases are going where they are supposed to go.

Every gun seems to be a little different. What works in mine may or may not work in yours.

Danny R also makes a good point. If it ain't bust, don't fix it.
dhgeyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 09:46   #5
MotoGlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoAZ View Post
Interestingly enough the BTF issue wasn't mentioned at the Glock Armorer training I took this week. I didn't ask the question because mine aren't having issues, I know there were a couple other GT people in the room.
I took the Armorer class a few weeks ago and no mention of it either.
MotoGlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 10:07   #6
Keyhole

Just talked to Dave. Super nice guy. Thanks.
Old 11-30-2012, 10:11   #7
Made in Austria

You guys should have mentioned the ejection issues. There is nothing wrong with talking about it. I'll bet the instructors would have gotten a sudden sweat and stutter attack, simply because they don't know what to say. Glock inc leaves armorers and instructors in the dark, because it's not of their business. That's how Glock rolls. Glock = Perfection
Made in Austria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 10:14   #8
TTex
Cannon Fodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyR View Post
Are you experiencing extraction problems?
I was with the wife's Gen 4 G19, but I have a non-LCI extractor with White Sound HERD, and that took care of the problem.

Ordinarilly I wouldnt fix something that isnt broke, but if Glock is indeed making an updated extractor I might consider trying that in the G19 so that she can have a stock LCI, or I might just throw one in my Gen 4 G26 and maybe improve performance. (no real issues since the new ejector)

I asked the question mainly to see if Glock has indeed tried to improve extractors by making changes, or if those who said they are making new extractors were just confused with aftermarket parts.
Old 11-30-2012, 19:08   #9
curlysir

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTex View Post
I was with the wife's Gen 4 G19, but I have a non-LCI extractor with White Sound HERD, and that took care of the problem.

Ordinarilly I wouldnt fix something that isnt broke, but if Glock is indeed making an updated extractor I might consider trying that in the G19 so that she can have a stock LCI, or I might just throw one in my Gen 4 G26 and maybe improve performance. (no real issues since the new ejector)

I asked the question mainly to see if Glock has indeed tried to improve extractors by making changes, or if those who said they are making new extractors were just confused with aftermarket parts.
Glock does indeed have a new non dipped extractor. I got mine from GlockParts.com. Either put in the comments on the order page that you want the non dipped or call and ask for the non dipped Glock extractor. I also have the Lone Wolf so I am not getting them confused. My experience so far has been positive with the Glock non dipped extractor.

Last edited by curlysir; 11-30-2012 at 19:09..
curlysir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 07:48   #10
TTex
Cannon Fodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by curlysir View Post
Glock does indeed have a new non dipped extractor. I got mine from GlockParts.com. Either put in the comments on the order page that you want the non dipped or call and ask for the non dipped Glock extractor. I also have the Lone Wolf so I am not getting them confused. My experience so far has been positive with the Glock non dipped extractor.
Thank you!
I may check into it after the holidays. Christmas hits the wallet pretty hard.

I wonder if anyone has purchased a new pistol with the new extractor? Its good to know Glock is trying something new in the extractor dept. I found the stock extractor better than the Lone Wolf, and I'd be willing to bet the new style extractor could fix a few of these brass issues.
Old 12-03-2012, 09:53   #11
pag23

I got a non-dipped extractor from Glock along with a 336 ejector and mine has had no problems since I installed this combo. The ejector worked better than the 30274 that the gun came with.
Old 12-03-2012, 12:15   #12
J.B.

I guess the next question is, does anyone have the new extractor and erratic ejection/btf?
J.B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 01:47   #13
jtrudel31

Quote:
Originally Posted by pag23 View Post
I got a non-dipped extractor from Glock along with a 336 ejector and mine has had no problems since I installed this combo. The ejector worked better than the 30274 that the gun came with.
I recently got my gen 4 19 back from glock with a non dipped extractor and it seemed to improve ejection but not what you would consider stellar. For the heck of it I ordered a 336 ejector and installed it into my gen4 with the non dipped. The cases now are ejecting with a lot of authority to 3-4 o'clock . It seems like this is how it should have been from day 1. I will report back as I put more ammo through it to be sure.
jtrudel31 is offline   Reply With Quote