SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 11-28-2012, 20:58   #26
arclight610

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple7 View Post
I was on a hwy about 12am driving to my brothers house with my wife and kids in the car. A punk in a beater car pulled out in front of me and I going 20 I'm going 60. I flash my lights in a "hey get out of the way" type way. The dude slams on the brakes and I almost rear end him. By now I'm furious cause he endangered my kids life, and my wife can see it.
So the guy jumps out of his car and starts "come at me bro" and I throw my car in park.
He keeps advancing and I draw as I move my angle away from my car. He sees me draw, which was the quickest smoothest draw I've ever done, even in practice....and the guy about falls down running back to his car. My wife was really freaked out but more glad that I didn't unload on the kid.
Regardless about how you feel about your family's safety, that situation could have ended badly if he would have called the cops about a guy waving a gun around.
arclight610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 20:58   #27
maximus1079

Quote:
Originally Posted by singularity35 View Post
Me and my wife were on a one lane private road on my motorbike. A truck was coming the other way and I really had to squeeze my bike, me, and my wife between a concreted fence when we passed each other. My engine had stalled and my bike(125cc yamaha) had only a kickstarter. When the truck passed me while I was trying to start the bike, I heard the trucks brakes squeal and I looked back. I see the effing driver walking towards us with a g*****n POS rambo knife in his hand. I sweep back the missus off the bike with my left arm and jump off the bike(letting it fall). The guy was still about 15 feet away when I drew my G22. I had never seen a person move so fast back into the cab. This guy had a really dark skin tint but he managed to look really green in the gills.
Jeez that's right out of a slasher movie, except the hero was prepared for trouble
Old 11-28-2012, 21:00   #28
maximus1079

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGT HATRED View Post
No just ostracized from cop talk for having a different point of view and refusing to post proof that he is truly a law enforcement officer...

http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/show....php?t=1452900
Gotcha......NOW I know why that name sounded familiar
Old 11-28-2012, 21:01   #29
wprebeck
Die, bird, die!

Quote:
No just ostracized from cop talk for having a different point of view and refusing to post proof that he is truly a law enforcement officer...

Don't forget about his posting lies about his....oh wait. Nevermind - carry on, fanboy.
wprebeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 21:03   #30
Rabbi
Lifetime Membership
The Bombdiggity

Quote:

That sure is a pretty twisted way of putting it....but you are pretty twisted.

How about claiming to be a Cop/MMA fighter who was flat out busted lying and posting false pictures.

How about not knowing some of the most basic things about Law Enforcement.

How about telling stories that dont add up, over and over.

How about using the deaths of Officers to prove points and then retreat to "haha, I was joking."

How about having been called out by numerous vetted LEOS and of course, to him, everyone of them is wrong (a pattern he has with many things, it is always someone else)

And a number of other things.

Whenever you get mad as hell about it all, grab your rifle and head outside. If you are the only one there...it's not time yet

I cross my heart and hope not to die. Swallow evil, ride the sky. Lose myself in a crowded room. You fool, you fool, it will be here soon

Last edited by Rabbi; 11-28-2012 at 21:04..
Rabbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 21:14   #31
SGT HATRED

Quote:
Originally Posted by wprebeck View Post
Don't forget about his posting lies about his....oh wait. Nevermind - carry on, fanboy.
Just as long as you go home safe at night...
SGT HATRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 21:14   #32
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
The way we stopped I couldn't drive around him in the time it would have taken for him to get to my car. I was up against his car and a barrier. I would have had to back way up to do it. In the moment and in the time frame it was the choice I made. I will admit that I wasn't in the best frame of mind
Not only that, but even if you'd gotten away, the guy might have kept after you. This way, he made an informed decision to leave you alone.

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

RIP my friends Greg and Florence, see you again on the other side.
RIP Jeff (23Skidoo) - 1962-2012 and Gloria (Silent_Runner) - 1964-2013
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Lone_Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 21:17   #33
Altaris

Quote:

wow

I am only a few pages in, but I am going to have to finish that thread later. That looks hilarious.

Last edited by Altaris; 11-28-2012 at 21:18..
Altaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 21:19   #34
Triple7

Quote:
Originally Posted by arclight610 View Post
Regardless about how you feel about your family's safety, that situation could have ended badly if he would have called the cops about a guy waving a gun around.
What's that song say. "He got charged with reckless discharge of a gun, but he hit right where he was aiming."
but like they say on Duck Dynasty "He gone"

Gen 2 Glock 17
Gen 4 Glock 17
Triple7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 21:27   #35
wprebeck
Die, bird, die!

Quote:
Just as long as you go home safe at night...
Your screen name suits you oh-so-well.
wprebeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 21:29   #36
tsmo1066
Happy Smiley

Yes, but not on a human. Walking around some rural acreage my family has in Missouri a number of years back, I rounded a corner out on the property and came about ten feet from a very large cougar sunning itself next to the path.

I didn't have a clue he was even there until he growled.

I stopped, VERY slowly backed up along the trail about ten yards and once out of sight, pulled my pistol and continued slowly backing away all the way back to where I had parked my truck (about a quarter mile). I know that's not technically pulling a gun "on" the cougar, but at the distance I encountered him I figured that if I made a sudden move and he sprang, he'd be on me long before I got the pistol out of its holster.

I think I aged five years in those first few moments!
Old 11-28-2012, 21:30   #37
SGT HATRED

Quote:
Originally Posted by wprebeck View Post
Your screen name suits you oh-so-well.
Hey hey something we can agree on!!!
SGT HATRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 21:38   #38
HollowHead
Firm member

Quote:

Wonderful stuff! HH

Sent from two coffee cans connected by a string.
HollowHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 21:44   #39
NeverMore1701
Platinum Membership
Fear no evil.

Quote:
The way we stopped I couldn't drive around him in the time it would have taken for him to get to my car. I was up against his car and a barrier. I would have had to back way up to do it. In the moment and in the time frame it was the choice I made. I will admit that I wasn't in the best frame of mind
Gotcha. Not what I would do, sitting here on my couch with my drink, but everything turned out ok, and that's as good an outcome as anyone could ask for
For the last time
NeverMore1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 21:53   #40
Gun Shark

Send a message via AIM to Gun Shark Send a message via MSN to Gun Shark Send a message via Yahoo to Gun Shark

Quote:
Originally Posted by singularity35 View Post
Me and my wife were on a one lane private road on my motorbike. A truck was coming the other way and I really had to squeeze my bike, me, and my wife between a concreted fence when we passed each other. My engine had stalled and my bike(125cc yamaha) had only a kickstarter. When the truck passed me while I was trying to start the bike, I heard the trucks brakes squeal and I looked back. I see the effing driver walking towards us with a g*****n POS rambo knife in his hand. I sweep back the missus off the bike with my left arm and jump off the bike(letting it fall). The guy was still about 15 feet away when I drew my G22. I had never seen a person move so fast back into the cab. This guy had a really dark skin tint but he managed to look really green in the gills.
That would scare the **** out of me. Like someone else said, right out of a slasher movie.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

"No freeman shall ever be debarred the use of arms." --Thomas Jefferson

"Age is an issue of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter."
Gun Shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 23:10   #41
Happypuppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsmo1066 View Post
Yes, but not on a human. Walking around some rural acreage my family has in Missouri a number of years back, I rounded a corner out on the property and came about ten feet from a very large cougar sunning itself next to the path.

I stopped, VERY slowly backed up along the trail about ten yards and once out of sight, pulled my pistol and continued slowly backing away all the way back to where I had parked my truck (about a quarter mile). I know that's not technically pulling a gun "on" the cougar, but at the distance I encountered him I figured that if I made a sudden move and he sprang, he'd be on me long before I got the pistol out of its holster.

I had a similar story. I was deer hunting in Idaho, and I was being tracked by a big one I saw it as it was approaching me , and I was going to pop it with my .350 Remington Mag but it ran away. Very odd as I could sense it under the ridge line I was following. Bit never saw it until it came out of the brush

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Happypuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 23:29   #42
Sharky7
Boomshakalaka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
wow

I am only a few pages in, but I am going to have to finish that thread later. That looks hilarious.
Save yourself some time....The last five pages are probably the most telling.

Post #632 is the BIG REVEAL.

Last edited by Sharky7; 11-29-2012 at 00:37..
Sharky7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 23:41   #43
PhotoFeller

I've never had to draw on anyone. I've never been threatened. In fact, I don't know anyone personally who has pulled his weapon for SD.

I can understand bad situations in the woods, mall parking lots, a home break in, road rage and several other situations where the gun could become the last resort. I've managed to avoid trouble for many years by staying clear of likely attack places; thats by far the best defense we have.

Last edited by PhotoFeller; 11-28-2012 at 23:43..
PhotoFeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 00:13   #44
singularity35

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus1079 View Post
Jeez that's right out of a slasher movie, except the hero was prepared for trouble
Road rage is pretty bad here, especially from the marginalized who think they have an axe to grind against who they perceive as "the rich". I was pretty shook up and was still shaking while me and my wife were making the report to the police at the station.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JW1178 View Post
So what makes all human life so valuable? Who said? A cooky religion?

Last edited by singularity35; 11-29-2012 at 00:18..
singularity35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 04:08   #45
clancy

I pulled my pistol once, when I was tending bar. A fight broke out over a pool game. I swear if I ever own a a bar there will be no pool tables. Almost every bar fight I have ever seen started over a pool game. A guy pulled a knife, I grabbed my .45 from underneath the register and told him to drop the knife. I probably said "please don't make me shoot you" about 50 times in the 2 or 3 seconds it took for him to drop it.

He took off, I called the cops and they picked him up about a half hour later in another bar. He got busted for parole violation. He had just gotten out of prison the week before, for stabbing someone.
clancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 05:13   #46
Bruce M

Quote:
I was on a hwy about 12am driving to my brothers house with my wife and kids in the car. A punk in a beater car pulled out in front of me and I going 20 I'm going 60. I flash my lights in a "hey get out of the way" type way. The dude slams on the brakes and I almost rear end him. By now I'm furious cause he endangered my kids life, and my wife can see it.
So the guy jumps out of his car and starts "come at me bro" and I throw my car in park.
He keeps advancing and I draw as I move my angle away from my car. He sees me draw, which was the quickest smoothest draw I've ever done, even in practice....and the guy about falls down running back to his car. My wife was really freaked out but more glad that I didn't unload on the kid.

Sometimes it can be difficult to decide whether the situation was legitimate self defense or an escalation of criminal activity / road rage. Other times it is not difficult at all to decide that the incident consists only of various crimes.
I never talked to anyone who had to fire their gun who said "I wished I had the smaller gun and fewer rounds with me" Just because you find a hundred people who agree with you on the internet does not mean you're right.
Bruce M is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 11:33   #47
maximus1079

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsmo1066 View Post

OMG I think I definitely would have done the same thing! You just have to draw SLOWLY cause the "big cats" tend to take every move as a threat....or so I've been told
Old 11-29-2012, 11:34   #48
maximus1079

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbi View Post
That sure is a pretty twisted way of putting it....but you are pretty twisted.

How about claiming to be a Cop/MMA fighter who was flat out busted lying and posting false pictures.

How about not knowing some of the most basic things about Law Enforcement.

How about telling stories that dont add up, over and over.

How about using the deaths of Officers to prove points and then retreat to "haha, I was joking."

How about having been called out by numerous vetted LEOS and of course, to him, everyone of them is wrong (a pattern he has with many things, it is always someone else)

And a number of other things.
Oh crap, I remember that thread now.....only made it like 15 pages in before I got a migraine
Old 11-29-2012, 11:36   #49
maximus1079

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happypuppy View Post
I had a similar story. I was deer hunting in Idaho, and I was being tracked by a big one I saw it as it was approaching me , and I was going to pop it with my .350 Remington Mag but it ran away. Very odd as I could sense it under the ridge line I was following. Bit never saw it until it came out of the brush

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
At least the 4-legged BG's can take a hint and run
Old 11-29-2012, 11:37   #50
maximus1079

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoFeller View Post
I've never had to draw on anyone. I've never been threatened. In fact, I don't know anyone personally who has pulled his weapon for SD.

I can understand bad situations in the woods, mall parking lots, a home break in, road rage and several other situations where the gun could become the last resort. I've managed to avoid trouble for many years by staying clear of likely attack places; thats by far the best defense we have.
True story. Very well put!