GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 11-28-2012, 11:53   #1
maximus1079

Any non-LEO's ever had to draw their weapon?

I ask because I had my G30 halfway out of my IWB holster trying to break up a 4-on-1 beat down. I started to draw because one of the "beaters" took out a knife. They saw what I was doing and all took off. I can't stand "tough guys" who can't fight their own battles and have to rely on three other people to attack someone. Thoughts anyone?
Old 11-28-2012, 11:57   #2
mknpwr

Good for you, did you call the police afterwards, stick around to make sure the other person was alright? As for me, I'm a terrible artist.

To answer your question though, no, I have not.
mknpwr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 12:08   #3
maximus1079

Quote:
Originally Posted by mknpwr View Post
Good for you, did you call the police afterwards, stick around to make sure the other person was alright? As for me, I'm a terrible artist.

To answer your question though, no, I have not.
Yeah after Pablo, Hector, and Juan took off after there buddy drew his knife I called the EMT's and local P.D cause he got stomped pretty bad.
Old 11-28-2012, 12:10   #4
Sharky7
Boomshakalaka

Tantrix might have a few good stories...
Sharky7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 12:22   #5
TeeJay37

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus1079 View Post
I ask because I had my G30 halfway out of my IWB holster trying to break up a 4-on-1 beat down. I started to draw because one of the "beaters" took out a knife. They saw what I was doing and all took off. I can't stand "tough guys" who can't fight their own battles and have to rely on three other people to attack someone. Thoughts anyone?
Man, that's rough. Glad you could help and it didn't escalate.
TeeJay37 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 12:27   #6
Kilrain
Señor Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharky7 View Post
The Okie Corral

And if not, why then, this parting was well made.
Kilrain is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 13:02   #7
*ASH*

once and almost ,

guy owned land beside us , my dad clearcut part of it , neighbor prick thought we cut over the line , he even put up cardboard tombstones as a joke , he sued for 10,000 bucks, we took it to court and countered him for 5,000 bucks , we won which was obvious .
one day i came home he was in our driveway waving a gun around , i pulled out my then gen 1 glock and told him to leave or get shot he left.

wont never forget that

the prick died few years ago ,a slow death of cancer .
*ASH* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 13:12   #8
janice6
Platinum Membership
NRA

Long before I had CCW, wayyyyy long.

My father owned two apartment houses. The place we lived had a large, long entrance hallway with stairs to the second floor overlooking the entrance.

An angry tenant was shouting and threatening my father who was in his 60's. I was upstairs and picked up a pistol and walked to the stairs overlooking the entranceway.
The guy got very abusive and appeared to start to advance on my father, so I pointed the pistol at him and at some point he noticed me and what I was doing. He sputtered and made a hasty retreat.

My father couldn't see what I was doing or where I was all this time.

I never told him this story, because I didn't think it was necessary for him, just for me.

NO ONE threatens physical harm to my family.

"Peace is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". Anonymous

Earp: Not everyone who knows you hates you.
DOC: I know it ain't always easy bein' my friend....but I'll BE THERE when you need me.
janice6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 13:15   #9
Rabbi
Lifetime Membership
The Bombdiggity

Quote:
Awesome!

Whenever you get mad as hell about it all, grab your rifle and head outside. If you are the only one there...it's not time yet

I cross my heart and hope not to die. Swallow evil, ride the sky. Lose myself in a crowded room. You fool, you fool, it will be here soon
Rabbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 20:05   #10
HollowHead
Firm member

Yes. I was way up in the mountains and heard the sound of wood knocking wood. HH

Sent from two coffee cans connected by a string.
HollowHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 20:15   #11
NeverMore1701
Platinum Membership
Fear no evil.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HollowHead View Post
Yes. I was way up in the mountains and heard the sound of wood knocking wood. HH
Was that before or after you saw a trucker and a cowboy gettin' busy?
For the last time
NeverMore1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 20:16   #12
Triple7

I was on a hwy about 12am driving to my brothers house with my wife and kids in the car. A punk in a beater car pulled out in front of me and I going 20 I'm going 60. I flash my lights in a "hey get out of the way" type way. The dude slams on the brakes and I almost rear end him. By now I'm furious cause he endangered my kids life, and my wife can see it.
So the guy jumps out of his car and starts "come at me bro" and I throw my car in park.
He keeps advancing and I draw as I move my angle away from my car. He sees me draw, which was the quickest smoothest draw I've ever done, even in practice....and the guy about falls down running back to his car. My wife was really freaked out but more glad that I didn't unload on the kid.

Gen 2 Glock 17
Gen 4 Glock 17
Triple7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 20:26   #13
NeverMore1701
Platinum Membership
Fear no evil.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple7 View Post
I was on a hwy about 12am driving to my brothers house with my wife and kids in the car. A punk in a beater car pulled out in front of me and I going 20 I'm going 60. I flash my lights in a "hey get out of the way" type way. The dude slams on the brakes and I almost rear end him. By now I'm furious cause he endangered my kids life, and my wife can see it.
So the guy jumps out of his car and starts "come at me bro" and I throw my car in park.
He keeps advancing and I draw as I move my angle away from my car. He sees me draw, which was the quickest smoothest draw I've ever done, even in practice....and the guy about falls down running back to his car. My wife was really freaked out but more glad that I didn't unload on the kid.
How was that easier than driving around him?
For the last time
NeverMore1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 20:26   #14
NH Trucker
Needs coffee...

I was visiting a few friends at their apartment. We were hanging out in the living room watching a movie. I heard a scuffle outside the window, then a woman screaming for help. I ran outside and around to where the window was and saw a guy holding a woman by her throat against the side of the building. It was dark and I couldn't tell if he had a weapon or not, but I drew on him and yelled freeze. He saw me, saw the gun, looked back up at me, and he took off running.

Good job getting those thugs off the guy and keeping him from getting stabbed.
NH Trucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 20:31   #15
HollowHead
Firm member

Quote:
HH

Sent from two coffee cans connected by a string.
HollowHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 20:43   #16
maximus1079

Quote:
Is he a "storyteller" or do things like that happen to him often?
Old 11-28-2012, 20:45   #17
maximus1079

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeJay37 View Post
Man, that's rough. Glad you could help and it didn't escalate.
I know, I felt wicked bad for the guy.....don't know all the back story, but I'm sure he didn't deserve THAT!!
Old 11-28-2012, 20:47   #18
maximus1079

Quote:
Originally Posted by *ASH* View Post
once and almost ,

guy owned land beside us , my dad clearcut part of it , neighbor prick thought we cut over the line , he even put up cardboard tombstones as a joke , he sued for 10,000 bucks, we took it to court and countered him for 5,000 bucks , we won which was obvious .
one day i came home he was in our driveway waving a gun around , i pulled out my then gen 1 glock and told him to leave or get shot he left.

wont never forget that

the prick died few years ago ,a slow death of cancer .
Wow what a jerk! Good thing you put a good dose of fear into him though
Old 11-28-2012, 20:49   #19
maximus1079

Quote:
Originally Posted by janice6 View Post
Long before I had CCW, wayyyyy long.

My father owned two apartment houses. The place we lived had a large, long entrance hallway with stairs to the second floor overlooking the entrance.

An angry tenant was shouting and threatening my father who was in his 60's. I was upstairs and picked up a pistol and walked to the stairs overlooking the entranceway.
The guy got very abusive and appeared to start to advance on my father, so I pointed the pistol at him and at some point he noticed me and what I was doing. He sputtered and made a hasty retreat.

My father couldn't see what I was doing or where I was all this time.

I never told him this story, because I didn't think it was necessary for him, just for me.

NO ONE threatens physical harm to my family.
Go YOU!! Bet that idiot never bothered you or your father again
Old 11-28-2012, 20:51   #20
maximus1079

Quote:
Hahahaha bet he never pulled that crap with anyone ever again after that
Old 11-28-2012, 20:51   #21
Triple7

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverMore1701 View Post
How was that easier than driving around him?
The way we stopped I couldn't drive around him in the time it would have taken for him to get to my car. I was up against his car and a barrier. I would have had to back way up to do it. In the moment and in the time frame it was the choice I made. I will admit that I wasn't in the best frame of mind

Gen 2 Glock 17
Gen 4 Glock 17
Triple7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 20:51   #22
singularity35

Me and my wife were on a one lane private road on my motorbike. A truck was coming the other way and I really had to squeeze my bike, me, and my wife between a concreted fence when we passed each other. My engine had stalled and my bike(125cc yamaha) had only a kickstarter. When the truck passed me while I was trying to start the bike, I heard the trucks brakes squeal and I looked back. I see the effing driver walking towards us with a g*****n POS rambo knife in his hand. I sweep back the missus off the bike with my left arm and jump off the bike(letting it fall). The guy was still about 15 feet away when I drew my G22. I had never seen a person move so fast back into the cab. This guy had a really dark skin tint but he managed to look really green in the gills.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JW1178 View Post
So what makes all human life so valuable? Who said? A cooky religion?
singularity35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 20:53   #23
maximus1079

Quote:
Originally Posted by NH Trucker View Post
I was visiting a few friends at their apartment. We were hanging out in the living room watching a movie. I heard a scuffle outside the window, then a woman screaming for help. I ran outside and around to where the window was and saw a guy holding a woman by her throat against the side of the building. It was dark and I couldn't tell if he had a weapon or not, but I drew on him and yelled freeze. He saw me, saw the gun, looked back up at me, and he took off running.

Good job getting those thugs off the guy and keeping him from getting stabbed.
Thanks! Same goes for you too.....who knows what would have happened to her if you hadn't been there
Old 11-28-2012, 20:55   #24
SGT HATRED

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus1079 View Post
Is he a "storyteller" or do things like that happen to him often?
No just ostracized from cop talk for having a different point of view and refusing to post proof that he is truly a law enforcement officer...

http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/show....php?t=1452900
SGT HATRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 20:55   #25
maximus1079

Quote:
The way we stopped I couldn't drive around him in the time it would have taken for him to get to my car. I was up against his car and a barrier. I would have had to back way up to do it. In the moment and in the time frame it was the choice I made. I will admit that I wasn't in the best frame of mind
When wife and kiddos are involved I would say go with your gut. Just don't be TOO trigger happy