Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 11-27-2012, 08:03   #361
Geko45
CLM Number 135
Smartass Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveksux View Post
Well, then, perhaps YOU should stop being such a coward and finish the topic YOU started: Post the article from the abstract YOU linked to. Seeing as how the title you linked to indicates the article does not even discuss what you claim it proves, you need to post the article simply to show everyone exactly where it says what you claim it does.

The abstract you DID post indicates you either misunderstood or are lying about what the actual article says, so NOBODY here is willing to take your word for what the article says without posting the actual article. Posting a link to the article you claim you have access to to show it actually says what you say id does is "too time consuming"? That's ridiculous. I suppose you storm off in a huff while playing cards when the other players expect to see your cards after you claim to have won the hand also?

If that's your position, I think we can rule out misunderstanding since you're now actively covering up, and go straight to "lying about what the article says" in that case.

I can certainly see how being exposed so elegantly, and by your own hand no less, as a rube and it turns out, a liar (based on this current attempt to hide from the subject) would indeed be somewhat less than intellectually appealing to the one exposed as a rube and a liar.

The guy that doesn't understand the title of the abstract he posts thinks OTHERS need to educate themselves... That's downright amusing.

We're going to need an industrial strength irony meter I think. PW seems to be the only troll here, don't you agree?

Most often that's PW's problem. In this case, its actually worse than that, its not the lack of cites for his assertions that's the problem in this particular case. The abstract PW DID post to support his claim actually destroys his claim indirectly, even though the abstract doesn't actually directly address what PW claims it proves.

For once, PW has actually provided a cite, with which PW handily shot himself in the foot, he's now refusing to let anyone see his foot and claiming the photo of his shoe that he posted does not actually contain a smoking hole in it, because PW is the only one in the room professional enough to handle a gun.

I think we have uncovered a Pee Wee Herman aficionado, or maybe an impersonator?

Randy
I don't think "industrial strength" will get the job done. We need to call NASA in on this one.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Geko45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 09:26   #362
Peace Warrior
CLM Number 221
Am Yisrael Chai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geko45 View Post
Oh, that's one for the books right there. Demanding cites and references equates to trolling now? ...
No, not at all, in fact, demanding a reference or citation does not equate to trolling; however, slicing and dicing a person's post solely to remove the actual context, and then trying to create a new outlandish context in order to denigrate a position you otherwise have no argument against is very telling.

Here is my quote, in full, but now with its original context in bold highlight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peace Warrior View Post
WB Geko,

As you have time, you've got some points to ponder.

Oh yeah, I finally just had put the attention seeking 7 year old, known as steveksux, on ignore.
His repeated demands (i.e., trolling) for cites and references for even the most rudimentary of all data points gets a bit too time consuming to deal with when so many other post are more intellectually appealing. He needs to educate himself a tad first, and then jump back in to the discussion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geko45 View Post
...You may as well add me to that list too and save us both a lot of grief.
You just want want out of having to respond to the inquiries made to you.
“I would call my attorney general in and review every single executive order issued by George Bush and overturn those laws or executive decisions that I feel violate the constitution.” - Barry Soetoro
"Love 'Em All!!! Let Jehovah sort 'em out." - The Holy Bible
"It's a lot simpler to fool people than it is to convince them they've been fooled."

Last edited by Peace Warrior; 11-27-2012 at 09:26..
Peace Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 09:42   #363
Peace Warrior
CLM Number 221
Am Yisrael Chai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animal Mother View Post
Yes, you have.
Yes, you have. Here, let's try it again. Star Formation in the rho Ophiuchi Molecular Cloud Enjoy. ...
Weren't they using both the millimeter and sub-millimeter continuum "viewing" instruments?

If so, they are making conclusions based on interpreting data from non-visible light waves that are coming from a distance, if their measurements are correct, of over 400 light years away.

Plus 400 light years?!? Hey, they and you are more than welcome to BELIEVE stars are forming in that area of the universe, but there is NO empirical scientific data to under gird y'alls faith in this belief.
“I would call my attorney general in and review every single executive order issued by George Bush and overturn those laws or executive decisions that I feel violate the constitution.” - Barry Soetoro
"It's a lot simpler to fool people than it is to convince them they've been fooled."
Old 11-27-2012, 11:24   #364
GasTurbine
Porschey Power!

God did not create man...man created God.

Science explains everything.

Last edited by GasTurbine; 11-27-2012 at 11:26..
GasTurbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 17:36   #365
Animal Mother
Not Enough Gun

Quote:
Weren't they using both the millimeter and sub-millimeter continuum "viewing" instruments?

If so, they are making conclusions based on interpreting data from non-visible light waves that are coming from a distance, if their measurements are correct, of over 400 light years away.

Plus 400 light years?!? Hey, they and you are more than welcome to BELIEVE stars are forming in that area of the universe, but there is NO empirical scientific data to under gird y'alls faith in this belief.
So much for "I've never ignored empirical scientific data about stars forming."
Old 11-27-2012, 21:29   #366
steveksux
Massive Member

Quote:
Any scientific equipment not listed in the Bible doesn't work.

Any equipment that detects anything PW can't explain is faulty.

Any article who's title puts the lie to PW's claim can't be posted.

Randy

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
steveksux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 22:52   #367
ksg0245

Quote:
No, not at all, in fact, demanding a reference or citation does not equate to trolling; however, slicing and dicing a person's post solely to remove the actual context, and then trying to create a new outlandish context in order to denigrate a position you otherwise have no argument against is very telling.

Quote:
WB Geko,

Oh yeah, I finally just had put the attention seeking 7 year old, known as steveksux, on ignore. His repeated demands (i.e., trolling) for cites and references for even the most rudimentary of all data points gets a bit too time consuming to deal with when so many other post are more intellectually appealing. He needs to educate himself a tad first, and then jump back in to the discussion.
The problem with "the most rudimentary of all data points" is that they appear to be rudimentary only to creationists; people actually familiar with the field haven't come across them anywhere other than from creationists, who, it's already been pointed out, haven't done any actual research, and are notorious for repeatedly quote mining legitimate sources and outright lying about facts, undeterred even after it's pointed out.
ksg0245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 06:33   #368
Peace Warrior
CLM Number 221
Am Yisrael Chai

Quote:
Do you know or understand ANYTHING about either the abilities and or limits of data, when it comes specifically from millimeter and or sub-millimeter continuum "viewing" instruments?

You invited me to point these things out to you,...

Quote:
Please, do point out these responses which seem, to you, to demonstrate a lack of knowledge or awareness on my part. ...
I agreed, and here we are.
Old 11-28-2012, 06:35   #369
Peace Warrior
CLM Number 221
Am Yisrael Chai

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasTurbine View Post
God did not create man...man created God.

Science explains everything.
Evolutionary theory is the opiate of the atheists.
Old 11-28-2012, 06:39   #370
Geko45
CLM Number 135
Smartass Pilot

Quote:
That doesn't even make sense as an insult.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Geko45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 08:56   #371
steveksux
Massive Member

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geko45
Oh, that's one for the books right there. Demanding cites and references equates to trolling now? ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peace Warrior
WB Geko,

Oh yeah, I finally just had put the attention seeking 7 year old, known as steveksux, on ignore. His repeated demands (i.e., trolling) for cites and references for even the most rudimentary of all data points gets a bit too time consuming to deal with when so many other post are more intellectually appealing. He needs to educate himself a tad first, and then jump back in to the discussion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geko45
...You may as well add me to that list too and save us both a lot of grief.
Funny you should mention that after refusing multiple requests for an article you refer to but have never produced.

Randy

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Old 11-28-2012, 14:16   #372
Animal Mother
Not Enough Gun

Quote:
Do you know or understand ANYTHING about either the abilities and or limits of data, when it comes specifically from millimeter and or sub-millimeter continuum "viewing" instruments?
Apparently not, please do educate me.
Quote:
Rather than implying there's something I don't know, why don't you actually make your point and explicitly state what it is you think I'm missing.
Old 11-28-2012, 18:16   #373
ksg0245

Quote:
How so?
ksg0245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 20:32   #374
steveksux
Massive Member

Quote:

I agreed, and here we are.
I remember this sort of pompous self-aggrandizing attitude. Reached its zenith just before I told PW what "instrument backgrounds" were and that the tests he cited that supposedly indicate diamonds have carbon 14 weren't even measuring the diamonds. Funny how he can't seem to find that article now. Thought he'd be eager to prove me wrong.

I eagerly await the next revelation about PWs total misunderstanding of the last batch of stuff cribbed from creationist websites without having a clue what he was actually talking about.

Randy.

Last edited by steveksux; 11-28-2012 at 20:53..
Old 11-28-2012, 22:46   #375
wingryder

Religious Issues

"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence." - Carl Sagan
wingryder is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 23:25   #376
Animal Mother
Not Enough Gun

It appears PW has fled once more. My prophetic powers are again verified.
Old 12-08-2012, 08:45   #377
steveksux
Massive Member

Quote:
It appears PW has fled once more. My prophetic powers are again verified.
Unpossible!

PW is still here, you just can't see him since you obviously don't understand millimeter and sub-millimeter continuum "viewing" instruments.

Of course, I don't mean to be smug, as I have no room to talk. I thought abstracts describe what the associated article is supposed to be about. How crazy is THAT?

Randy

Last edited by steveksux; 12-08-2012 at 09:20..
Old 12-11-2012, 08:51   #378
void *
Dereference Me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveksux View Post
I eagerly await the next revelation about PWs total misunderstanding of the last batch of stuff cribbed from creationist websites without having a clue what he was actually talking about.

Randy.
His best moments have been deleted, actually.

He once tried to claim that the average rate of star formation in the universe would indicate that we should literally see that many stars forming in the night sky every second.

He ignored that the average rate of star formation would mean about one or two new stars per year in the milky way - which would amount to trying to find one or two new stars in a sea of at least a hundred billion stars.

He also ignored that the universe's actual (as opposed to average) rate of star formation could change over time.

He ignored that the size of the universe, and it's expansion rate, means that it's reasonable that we do not see all those stars forming.

That, however, is not the best part. The best part was that when he calculated his average rate of star formation, he did the math wrong, and claimed a rate that was far too high. Note that this was not a matter of his putting in numbers that were too large to begin with - his statement was actually arithmetically incorrect. The numbers he put in were correct, and the operations he claimed to perform were correct - but the number he got out was just flat out wrong.

I submit this now for those who remember it. The google link to the archive of that thread comes back with an empty page, which is a sad, sad thing. Anybody in a discussion with PW ought to be able to just link that claim, as well as his claim that the minute amount of iron in the Sun would prevent fusion.
"The human mind is seldom satisfied, and is not justifiable by any natural process whatsoever, as regards geometry, our universe differs only slightly from a long-term, bi-directional, single trait selection experiment." -- Maxwell/Einstein/Johansson

Last edited by void *; 12-11-2012 at 09:05..
void * is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 09:02   #379
b_oglethorpe

Uh you should change your name to pointless, endless argument maker.
b_oglethorpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 20:42   #380
Saber99

Hey PW at what point are we allowed to move onto the story of Noah? I wouldn't want to break any of your "rules", but it is clear that you no longer wish to discuss Carbon dating and there are plenty more scientific inaccuracies to address besides the age of the earth.... I mean come on dude we're barely into the OT, lets pick up the pace.
Saber99 is offline   Reply With Quote