GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 11-26-2012, 22:50   #1
mr00jimbo

MOST annoying common gun in movies inaccuracy?

For me, it has to be people who go around with a 1911 with the hammer uncocked. Are you kidding me?!
Doesn't a weapons tech guy say anything?
You?
Old 11-26-2012, 22:53   #2
17119jfkioe

The best is when they have a Glock and they make the clicking sound as if they cocked a hammer

thou shalt not walk around with doo doo on thy tallywacker.
17119jfkioe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 22:53   #3
Kozel

Every time gun of any kind raised to firing position it has to make the “click” sound.
Kozel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 23:02   #4
Zombie Steve
Decap Pin Killa

Bunch of guys with guns doing whatever they do with guns... then someone suddenly moves out of the shadow - they all then rack the slide / pump the shotgun...

Why the hell wasn't your gun chambered before you went in to rob the bank / save the girl / catch the bad guys?

That, and when a Glock / 1911 / non-da gun goes dry, the slide is not locked back, and it "clicks" three times with three pulls of the trigger.
Zombie Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 00:42   #5
NEOH212
Diesel Girl

I want that flush fitting 1,000 round mag for a Beretta 92.

I think they have them for just about all other movie guns too. Wouldn't it be nice to have a endless supply of ammo in your gun when you go to the range?

Last edited by NEOH212; 11-27-2012 at 00:43..
NEOH212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 01:01   #6
MadMonkey
Spershul Furces

Send a message via AIM to MadMonkey Send a message via Yahoo to MadMonkey
I think they racked the slide on the same pistol 100 times on Lost without firing a shot...
MadMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 01:45   #7
janice6
Platinum Membership
NRA

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMonkey View Post
I think they racked the slide on the same pistol 100 times on Lost without firing a shot...

This damn maneuver is performed on almost every show using a semi-auto. Yet, I never see a chambered round ejected after doing it the second time.

I know no one carrying without a chambered round, and no one throwing away and wasting rounds unnecessarily.

Writers must be ignorant about everything they write. Very few shows seem to use experts for accuracy. I know about literary license but this is literary ignorance.

"Peace is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". Anonymous

Earp: Not everyone who knows you hates you.
DOC: I know it ain't always easy bein' my friend....but I'll BE THERE when you need me.
janice6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 02:06   #8
NEOH212
Diesel Girl

Quote:
By that time they would have lost all their ammo but again, that must be one of those 1,000 round flush fit mags...

Old 11-27-2012, 03:15   #9
Lior
GUNS=FREEDOM

1. Bad guys being propelled several times their own height or screaming off balconies and rooftops upon being hit by projectiles.
2. Inexhaustible magazine syndrome.
3. Superhuman accuracy during rapid, single handed shooting, mostly of pistols but sometimes also M60s.

Not a mistake, but:
4. Promo shots and footage of otherwise respectable actors holding guns with their fingers planted squarely on the triggers.
Rust and bureaucrats. Freedom and vigilance. Front sight and trigger. Kindness and firepower. Situational awareness and tolerance. Safety and concealment. Taxes and allegiance. Love of man and surgical marksmanship. Once a soldier, always a soldier.

Last edited by Lior; 11-27-2012 at 03:16..
Lior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 03:36   #10
CLM Number 101
Monkeyboy

"That punk pulled a Glock 7 on me, you know what that is? It's a porcelain gun made in Germany. It doesn't show up on your airport metal detectors and probably costs more than what you make in a month."

Politicians and judges who voted for, and supported, Obamacare are traitors to the country!
Con, the first 3 letters in Congress.
UN, the first 2 letters in UNnecessary.
12131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 03:37   #11
nursetim

Quote:
Originally Posted by 17119jfkioe View Post
The best is when they have a Glock and they make the clicking sound as if they cocked a hammer
This one makes my teeth hurt every time I hear it.
nursetim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 03:48   #12
CLM Number 101
Monkeyboy

Holding someone at gun point, a 1911, with finger on the trigger and hammer down.

Politicians and judges who voted for, and supported, Obamacare are traitors to the country!
Con, the first 3 letters in Congress.
UN, the first 2 letters in UNnecessary.
12131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 03:52   #13
Nakanokalronin
JMB & MTK

Quote:
I was going to say this, but I found it amusing in The Walking Dead in the first episode where Rick tells the deputies to make sure his safety is off and there's a round in the chamber on his Glock. The guy then looks down, turns the Glock to the side, pulls back the slide to reveal an empty chamber and mag, closes the slide still empty then flicks up on the slide stop like he's hitting a safety and then you hear the click.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LyRk24aIXdw

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Last edited by Nakanokalronin; 11-27-2012 at 03:53..
Nakanokalronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 03:56   #14
TSAX
USAF Vet

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by janice6 View Post
This damn maneuver is performed on almost every show using a semi-auto. Yet, I never see a chambered round ejected after doing it the second time.

I know no one carrying without a chambered round, and no one throwing away and wasting rounds unnecessarily.

Writers must be ignorant about everything they write. Very few shows seem to use experts for accuracy. I know about literary license but this is literary ignorance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEOH212 View Post
I want that flush fitting 1,000 round mag for a Beretta 92.

I think they have them for just about all other movie guns too. Wouldn't it be nice to have a endless supply of ammo in your gun when you go to the range?

, all of the above irritate me, mostly because it gives novice gun people or people who dont have much experience with guns a wrong impression

GSSF Member

NRA Member
TSAX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 04:33   #15
wayne in boca

How about when revolvers make a ratchet sound with the cylinder open when the user spins the cylinder?What exactly is supposed to be making the sound?
wayne in boca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 06:03   #16
jdw174

Lessee......

Bullets that bounce off of vehicles/glass without leaving a mark and "spark" when they hit.

The weaponless hero takes a gun off of a bad guy and NEVER checks for extra ammo....but then why bother since we all know it won't run out anyways.

Bruce Willis in "Last Man Standing". Just how many rounds DID he have stuffed in those 7 rounders in his .45's?

Guns that never, ever recoil.

As a side note, ever notice that in the old gangster movies, the bad guys all carried 1911's. Move ahead a few years and they all carried Beretta 92's. Today?....Glocks.

Last edited by jdw174; 11-27-2012 at 06:06..
jdw174 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 06:09   #17
Bren
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr00jimbo View Post
For me, it has to be people who go around with a 1911 with the hammer uncocked. Are you kidding me?!
Doesn't a weapons tech guy say anything?
You?
I noticed that in an expisode of Longmire I watched this week. Longmire's suppsoed to be a pretty sharp guy with a gun, but he's carrying his 1911 hammer down.

After that, it would be police carrying pistols without a round chambered (except in scenes when they need to draw and shoot fast, then they magically have one chambered).

Pistols that make safety/hamer/slide sounds even when there is no safety or no hamemr and no reason for anybody to be racking the slide - they just make a "gun sound" every time they are pointed.

Last edited by Bren; 11-27-2012 at 06:09..
Bren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 06:31   #18
eracer
Where's my EBT?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nakanokalronin View Post
I was going to say this, but I found it amusing in The Walking Dead in the first episode where Rick tells the deputies to make sure his safety is off and there's a round in the chamber on his Glock. The guy then looks down, turns the Glock to the side, pulls back the slide to reveal an empty chamber and mag, closes the slide still empty then flicks up on the slide stop like he's hitting a safety and then you hear the click.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LyRk24aIXdw
Watching the trailer (in which they showed that scene) almost kept me from tuning into the series. Almost...

Since then, TWD seems intent on including at least one WTF? firearm moment in every episode - the most recent being a clearly bent rifle barrel. I swear they're doing it on purpose.

General Firearms Forum
Matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration; we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively. There is no such thing as death. Life is a dream, and we're the imagination of ourselves. And now...the weather! ---- Bill Hicks

Last edited by eracer; 11-27-2012 at 06:35..
eracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 06:37   #19
4 glocks

In some of the old western shows when they shoot, they would jab the gun forward like throwing a punch.
Old 11-27-2012, 06:39   #20
glock2740
Gun lover.

Quote:
You beat me to it. And it makes that sound over and over every time they point it too. Must be that new Glock decocker I've been hearing about.
glock2740 is offline   Reply With Quote