Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 11-25-2012, 12:41   #141
itisbruno
CLM Number 103
Devious Member

What sad news to return home and read.

CJ was a fine man, RIP sir.

Your family is in our prayers.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
daily to give food for animals in a shelter or sanctuary...for FREE
itisbruno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 13:04   #142
inthefrey
Moved on...

Rest in peace CJ. We'll speak again...
inthefrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 13:27   #143
Rinspeed
JAFO

Very sad news, rest in peace my friend.

You run and you run to catch up with the sun but it's sinking, racing around to come up behind you again, the sun is the same in a relative way but you’re older, shorter of breath and one day closer to death…
Rinspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 13:32   #144
Baba Louie

R.I.P. CJ

Words fail me. R.I.P.
Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. John 15:13
Baba Louie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 14:27   #145
jdavionic
NRA Member

Dang it! He was a good guy. I'm so sorry to hear this. Geez, that's just terrible!

"No matter how bad it gets, if you're still alive it's just another bad day."
jdavionic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 14:28   #146
9mm Luger
GLOCK 26

R.i.p. CJ :(
Niner's Club #821 Rimfire Club #821
A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Last edited by 9mm Luger; 11-25-2012 at 14:28..
9mm Luger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 15:16   #147
dkt2k
'sup?

Send a message via AIM to dkt2k Send a message via Yahoo to dkt2k

R.I.P., Chad; you will be missed...
Old 11-25-2012, 15:19   #148
Chuck TX
CLM Number 243
Charter Lifetime Member

RIP CJ

You were one of the good ones bro.
Old 11-25-2012, 15:25   #149
PrincessCelica
<3 <3 <3 <3

Send a message via AIM to PrincessCelica Send a message via Yahoo to PrincessCelica

RIP, CJ. I'll miss you. It's been too long since we last talked and I'm crushed we won't get another chance in this lifetime. I'll never forget the day you fell asleep while on the phone with me... A victim of too much to do and too much to drink. You were a rare bird and Steve's "There can be only one" photo says it all. Goodbye, Chad.
Old 11-25-2012, 16:45   #150
happyguy
Man, I'm Pretty

This is sad. I really enjoyed his posts because he seemed like a real down to earth kind of guy and I will miss him. I've wondered where he's been for a while now. I wonder if he was ill for a time before he passed.

Prayers for his loved ones.

Regards,
Happyguy
Proverbs 21:31 The horse is prepared against the day of battle: but victory is of the LORD.

"I refuse to tip-toe through life only to arrive at death safely."
happyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 16:52   #151
MrsKitty

For those of you who weren't members of the private forums, Chad has some major, major medical issues toward the end of his life. The short version is that he woke up seizing and learned that he had an arachnoid cyst in his brain. During this time, he was out on disability long enough (for bronchial infections and I've always wondering if it was somehow related to his work in Iraq...) that he lost all benefits including medical. I'm not sure if he ever had the surgery to remove the cyst but he did not want to do so until he had some financial security since he was left unemployed. He also had some personal issues going on but I will not share those here.

Many of us tried to reach him, unsuccessfully, many times. One person sent him a check that was received but after three weeks had not been cashed. I cannot remember hearing that it was cashed but he my point is that he knew many of us cared deeply and we were unable to reach him.

LW and I posted pics of the corkscrews he picked up in Argentina for us. He had left his motel and bought a bottle of wine and started a thread in GNG about he was uncertain if he could bring himself to use the only corkscrew he could find. usmcsilver (I can't remember his exact user name now) fell in love with the corkscrew Chad posted it and even asked for it. He wound up sending that one to Sterling and picked up an assortment of other styles for the rest of us who had also wanted it. Since I got that corkscrew, I've never not thought of Chad when I opened a bottle of wine...
Old 11-25-2012, 17:45   #152
stolenphot0
RTF2 Addict

Thank you sharing what you could MrsKitty.
stolenphot0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 18:16   #153
SomeDay

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsKitty View Post
For those of you who weren't members of the private forums, Chad has some major, major medical issues toward the end of his life. The short version is that he woke up seizing and learned that he had an arachnoid cyst in his brain. During this time, he was out on disability long enough (for bronchial infections and I've always wondering if it was somehow related to his work in Iraq...) that he lost all benefits including medical. I'm not sure if he ever had the surgery to remove the cyst but he did not want to do so until he had some financial security since he was left unemployed. He also had some personal issues going on but I will not share those here.

Many of us tried to reach him, unsuccessfully, many times. One person sent him a check that was received but after three weeks had not been cashed. I cannot remember hearing that it was cashed but he my point is that he knew many of us cared deeply and we were unable to reach him.

LW and I posted pics of the corkscrews he picked up in Argentina for us. He had left his motel and bought a bottle of wine and started a thread in GNG about he was uncertain if he could bring himself to use the only corkscrew he could find. usmcsilver (I can't remember his exact user name now) fell in love with the corkscrew Chad posted it and even asked for it. He wound up sending that one to Sterling and picked up an assortment of other styles for the rest of us who had also wanted it. Since I got that corkscrew, I've never not thought of Chad when I opened a bottle of wine...
Thank you for the explanation.
G1 Niner/Sub Club?California Glockers/Tactical Shotgun #86
SomeDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 18:25   #154
MrsKitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by stolenphot0 View Post
Thank you sharing what you could MrsKitty.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeDay View Post
Thank you for the explanation.
No problem, guys. It really haunts me how that he went from being totally on top of his world to rock bottom so quickly. It also shows us why we should never take our stuff for granted.

I pray he's truly at peace now and that his kids are OK. They have a strong support system on his wife's side so I'm hoping that will provide them enormous comfort in the days ahead...
Old 11-25-2012, 18:28   #155
Angry Fist
Lifetime Membership
The Original®

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsKitty View Post
No problem, guys. It really haunts me how that he went from being totally on top of his world to rock bottom so quickly. It also shows us why we should never take our stuff for granted.

I pray he's truly at peace now and that his kids are OK. They have a strong support system on his wife's side so I'm hoping that will provide them enormous comfort in the days ahead...
In light of all that has happened this year, I am definitely praying for the family. CJ was too good of a dude for things to happen the way they did. I wish I could help somehow.
I want rustlers, cut throats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, bull dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, ass-kickers, s**t-kickers, Methodists, and the GTDS.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Angry Fist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 18:35   #156
true believer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry Fist View Post
In light of all that has happened this year, I am definitely praying for the family. CJ was too good of a dude for things to happen the way they did. I wish I could help somehow.
you can by never forgetting him..
now they cant wait to get on the net and proudly display their ignorance over and over again"-
Dragoon44.
true believer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 19:13   #157
RussP

Quote:
Originally Posted by true believer View Post
you can by never forgetting him..
Amen...

"Comment is free, but facts are sacred." C.P. Scott, 1921
RussP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 19:15   #158
JuneyBooney

Quote:
Originally Posted by okie View Post
It is with a sad heart I pass on to you all that GT'r CJ Landry passed away Tuesday, November 6. I'm not sure the cause of death though. I met and broke bread with Chad once and he was good people for sure. RIP Chad you will be missed my friend
That is very sad. He was a good guy. I wonder if it was maybe from travels overseas. His posts were always very entertaining. May he rest in peace.

Cool songs:

Cool car:

Last edited by JuneyBooney; 11-25-2012 at 19:19..
JuneyBooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 21:13   #159
podwich

Damn.
podwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 21:23   #160
Jade Falcon
49er Loyal

God speed, buddy. R.IP.

Tags
cajunator, cj landry, deceased, ramrod, rip cjlandry, you are missed