GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 11-25-2012, 15:52   #151
MrsKitty

For those of you who weren't members of the private forums, Chad has some major, major medical issues toward the end of his life. The short version is that he woke up seizing and learned that he had an arachnoid cyst in his brain. During this time, he was out on disability long enough (for bronchial infections and I've always wondering if it was somehow related to his work in Iraq...) that he lost all benefits including medical. I'm not sure if he ever had the surgery to remove the cyst but he did not want to do so until he had some financial security since he was left unemployed. He also had some personal issues going on but I will not share those here.

Many of us tried to reach him, unsuccessfully, many times. One person sent him a check that was received but after three weeks had not been cashed. I cannot remember hearing that it was cashed but he my point is that he knew many of us cared deeply and we were unable to reach him.

LW and I posted pics of the corkscrews he picked up in Argentina for us. He had left his motel and bought a bottle of wine and started a thread in GNG about he was uncertain if he could bring himself to use the only corkscrew he could find. usmcsilver (I can't remember his exact user name now) fell in love with the corkscrew Chad posted it and even asked for it. He wound up sending that one to Sterling and picked up an assortment of other styles for the rest of us who had also wanted it. Since I got that corkscrew, I've never not thought of Chad when I opened a bottle of wine...
Old 11-25-2012, 16:45   #152
stolenphot0
RTF2 Addict

Thank you sharing what you could MrsKitty.

stolenphot0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 17:16   #153
SomeDay
Platinum Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsKitty View Post
For those of you who weren't members of the private forums, Chad has some major, major medical issues toward the end of his life. The short version is that he woke up seizing and learned that he had an arachnoid cyst in his brain. During this time, he was out on disability long enough (for bronchial infections and I've always wondering if it was somehow related to his work in Iraq...) that he lost all benefits including medical. I'm not sure if he ever had the surgery to remove the cyst but he did not want to do so until he had some financial security since he was left unemployed. He also had some personal issues going on but I will not share those here.

Many of us tried to reach him, unsuccessfully, many times. One person sent him a check that was received but after three weeks had not been cashed. I cannot remember hearing that it was cashed but he my point is that he knew many of us cared deeply and we were unable to reach him.

LW and I posted pics of the corkscrews he picked up in Argentina for us. He had left his motel and bought a bottle of wine and started a thread in GNG about he was uncertain if he could bring himself to use the only corkscrew he could find. usmcsilver (I can't remember his exact user name now) fell in love with the corkscrew Chad posted it and even asked for it. He wound up sending that one to Sterling and picked up an assortment of other styles for the rest of us who had also wanted it. Since I got that corkscrew, I've never not thought of Chad when I opened a bottle of wine...
Thank you for the explanation.
G1 Niner/Sub Club?California Glockers/Tactical Shotgun #86
SomeDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 17:25   #154
MrsKitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by stolenphot0 View Post
Thank you sharing what you could MrsKitty.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeDay View Post
Thank you for the explanation.
No problem, guys. It really haunts me how that he went from being totally on top of his world to rock bottom so quickly. It also shows us why we should never take our stuff for granted.

I pray he's truly at peace now and that his kids are OK. They have a strong support system on his wife's side so I'm hoping that will provide them enormous comfort in the days ahead...
Old 11-25-2012, 17:28   #155
Angry Fist
Lifetime Membership
The Original®

Quote:
No problem, guys. It really haunts me how that he went from being totally on top of his world to rock bottom so quickly. It also shows us why we should never take our stuff for granted.

I pray he's truly at peace now and that his kids are OK. They have a strong support system on his wife's side so I'm hoping that will provide them enormous comfort in the days ahead...
In light of all that has happened this year, I am definitely praying for the family. CJ was too good of a dude for things to happen the way they did. I wish I could help somehow.
I want rustlers, cut throats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, bull dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, ass-kickers, s**t-kickers, Methodists, and the GTDS.
Angry Fist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 17:35   #156
true believer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry Fist View Post
In light of all that has happened this year, I am definitely praying for the family. CJ was too good of a dude for things to happen the way they did. I wish I could help somehow.
you can by never forgetting him..
now they cant wait to get on the net and proudly display their ignorance over and over again"-
Dragoon44.
true believer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 18:13   #157
RussP

Quote:
Originally Posted by true believer View Post
Amen...

"Comment is free, but facts are sacred." C.P. Scott, 1921
RussP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 18:15   #158
JuneyBooney

Quote:
Originally Posted by okie View Post
It is with a sad heart I pass on to you all that GT'r CJ Landry passed away Tuesday, November 6. I'm not sure the cause of death though. I met and broke bread with Chad once and he was good people for sure. RIP Chad you will be missed my friend
That is very sad. He was a good guy. I wonder if it was maybe from travels overseas. His posts were always very entertaining. May he rest in peace.

Last edited by JuneyBooney; 11-25-2012 at 18:19..
JuneyBooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 20:13   #159
podwich

Damn.
podwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 20:23   #160
Jade Falcon
Go Blazers!

God speed, buddy. R.IP.
Old 11-25-2012, 20:24   #161
MrsKitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by true believer View Post
We never will. Ever.
Old 11-25-2012, 20:31   #162
AA_Khost

Quote:
It also shows us why we should never take our stuff for granted.
Roger that!

I didn't know Mr. Landry but obviously he is loved by many here!

My condolences to his family!

To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical.- Thomas Jefferson
AA_Khost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 20:56   #163
NeverMore1701
Platinum Membership
Fear no evil.

Thanks for filling us in, MrsKitty.
For the last time
NeverMore1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 21:28   #164
Angry Fist
Lifetime Membership
The Original®

Quote:
We never will. Ever.
Damn straight. GT is somehow... diminished.
I want rustlers, cut throats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, bull dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, ass-kickers, s**t-kickers, Methodists, and the GTDS.
Old 11-25-2012, 21:30   #165
Hugo R
Gaff G26 User!

RIP CJ...

HR
Old 11-25-2012, 21:55   #166
CAcop

I was just thinking of him the other day. One of many that used to post but no longer do. I knew about some of his issues and wondered if he was still with us. Apparently not. I will miss him.
I wonder if your assessment of "The Wizard of Oz" would sound something like "A teenaged orphan runs away with three psychotic AD/HD patients and a little dog. She kills the first two women she meets." --Sinecure 07/03/2006
Freakin' awsome!! Kickin it old school. Hot sheet on the dash. The report was probably only two sentences. Long live Rencko and Bobbie Hill!--WhiskeyT
CAcop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 22:01   #167
JLB768
Silver Membership
Old & Grumpy

Chad also made Iraqi friends while working over there, even with a language barrier, they understood him enough to call him their friend. That speaks volumes about the kind of man he was, in a country that has many who despise Americans, he was well liked by the locals. Some even continued to keep in touch, after he returned to the states.
Black Rifle Club Member #768
JLB768 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 22:40   #168
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
We never will. Ever.
^^^ This.

My first real contact with CJ here was shortly after I joined GT. I was out of work at the time, and he had a giveaway of NRA memberships. I entered, and ended up winning a year membership. We traded PM's to get my info, then got to talking about other things and life in general. Just an all around great guy. I've been able to pay forward those memberships, and when I do, it's always in honor of him for starting it.

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

RIP my friends Greg and Florence, see you again on the other side.
RIP Jeff (23Skidoo) - 1962-2012 and Gloria (Silent_Runner) - 1964-2013
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Lone_Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 22:41   #169
Angry Fist
Lifetime Membership
The Original®

And now you're a Benefactor. Awesome!
Old 11-25-2012, 23:02   #170
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry Fist View Post
And now you're a Benefactor. Awesome!
Yep. My membership had lapsed when Chad bought me a year, and one thing I promised him was that it wouldn't happen again.

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

RIP my friends Greg and Florence, see you again on the other side.
RIP Jeff (23Skidoo) - 1962-2012 and Gloria (Silent_Runner) - 1964-2013
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Lone_Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 23:11   #171
Andy W

One of the funniest stories I remember him telling was when he was in Iraq and one night was playing guitar for some of his Iraqi friends. He asks them what they wanted to hear and out of all the things they could have said, they started begging him to play something from the Backstreet Boys. Thinking about it makes me chuckle a little.
Andy W is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 01:41   #172
Critias
CLM Number 236
Freelancer

RIP, Mr. Landry. I'm sorry the last few years treated you like I did. Thank you for the good times here on GT, thank you for the conversations, and thank you for being one of the hardest-working, most decent, men I've ever known. You got a raw deal towards the end, but I hope you know just how many folks are remembering you since we got this terrible news.

Rest in piece, my friend. I hope the other side is kinder to do you than this one has been, lately. I'm sorry we couldn't help more, but I hope what help we offered did some good.
"It seems that the least we owe the hero is that we remember him. Without remembrance, without honor, we cannot expect to have such men when we need them. Without an awareness of what has been done, we do not realize what can be done, nor are we inspired to do that which should be done. "
--Paul Kirchner
Critias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 04:00   #173
Sammael
Ich tu dir Weh.

Last edited by Sammael; 11-26-2012 at 08:17..
Sammael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 04:47   #174
Andy P

Last edited by Andy P; 11-26-2012 at 10:04..
Andy P is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 04:52   #175
Gallium
CLM Number 182
Charter Lifetime Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock-7 View Post
This does not bode well:

I'm hoping it doesn't mean what it appears to mean.

Did you see the post by our Mrs. Kitty outlining the medical issues he had leading up to his death?
Gallium is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cajunator, cj landry, deceased, ramrod, rip cjlandry, you are missed