Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.
Closed Thread

Old 11-25-2012, 15:47   #1
frank_drebin
1-man flash mob

My stolen Tablet has contacted me

I posted a few pictures here and on a local forum in an attempt to recover my stolen property and to put the criminals who burglarized my house behind bars. The story is 100% accurate and authentic. However, when it was first posted it was to help figure out who stole my belongings and to hopefully solve other similar crimes in my area. After several calls to the police I didn't feel like they were doing anything and wouldn't even call me back. That has since changed and the case is actively being pursued. This thread however, has now turned into a mob scene and serves no useful purpose. People are posting links all over the web aimed at this thread and when I look at many of the comments posted here and worldwide all I can think is that it is a sad commentary on us all.

The facts are:
  • Our house was burglarized
  • Thousands of dollars worth of electronics, jewelry and firearms were stolen.
  • The Toshiba Thrive that I used to surf the web was taken and is now in the hands of the two individuals pictured. It is mine as are the contents of the device. They are sending the pictures to an unfiltered, open file storage folder and anyone with a knowledge of Dropbox can figure out how to get to them. In fact, there are pictures out there now that people have pulled from the folder. I have not changed the setting so as to ensure that the tablet keeps transmitting until it can be lawfully recovered.
  • I have no idea if the individuals pictured stole the tablet or purchased stolen property but the fact is, it is my computer, it is in their hands and it is stolen property.
  • The Toshiba Thrive has a long crack the entire length of the screen.
  • I would love to recover some of the guns that were taken from me as they were passed down from my grandfather and father and finding these people may assist in that endeavor.
  • I cannot control what the rest of the internet wishes to do with the pictures.
  • I have been emailed and PM'd by some pretty sick people asking some pretty raunchy questions and have just deleted them and moved on.
  • I asked the mods on here to close the thread 24 hours ago but did not receive a response.

Last edited by frank_drebin; 11-29-2012 at 11:04..
Old 11-25-2012, 15:48   #2
michael e

We didn't need to see that last photo.

Last edited by michael e; 11-25-2012 at 15:48..
Old 11-25-2012, 15:50   #3
Paul_J

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael e View Post
But I'm sure the police would be interested!
Old 11-25-2012, 15:50   #4
aircarver
Silver Membership
Ride Continues

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael e View Post
He had to share his dismay ...

They'd created a vast, permanently unemployed underclass, dependent upon the Republic's stupendous welfare machine for its very existence, and in so doing, they'd sown the seeds of their own destruction. No one could place two-thirds of a world's population on the Dole and keep them there forever without the entire system crashing . . . but how in hell did one get them off the Dole? -David Weber, Flag in Exile
Old 11-25-2012, 15:50   #5
Bruce M

Sounds like there might be a decent lead there for a competent investigator.
I never talked to anyone who had to fire their gun who said "I wished I had the smaller gun and fewer rounds with me" Just because you find a hundred people who agree with you on the internet does not mean you're right.
Old 11-25-2012, 15:51   #6
SMOKEin

If your lucky, she might post up some hot newds. BTW, no hits on tineye with the pic's you posted, but maybe some others will produce a facebook/myspace/zooanimalsforadoption.com hits.
Old 11-25-2012, 15:52   #7
raven11

Nice case
Old 11-25-2012, 15:52   #8
arclight610

GPS locator?
Old 11-25-2012, 15:53   #9
brausso

It's Bush's fault
Old 11-25-2012, 15:53   #10
ddbtoth

Damn Amish.

"Thank you, but I would rather die behind the chemical sheds."
Old 11-25-2012, 15:56   #11
arclight610

Oh btw, you're racist.
Old 11-25-2012, 15:56   #12
ChiefWPD

I hope you notify the law enforcement agency involved in this matter. Those photos might well help solve a number of burglaries in your area.
Old 11-25-2012, 15:57   #13
countrygun

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMOKEin View Post
If your lucky, she might post up some hot newds. BTW, no hits on tineye with the pic's you posted, but maybe some others will produce a facebook/myspace/zooanimalsforadoption.com hits.
Oh dear God NOOOOO!!!!!

MAN'S INHUMANITY TO MAN DOESN'T NEED THAT BOOST.
Old 11-25-2012, 15:58   #14
RonS

Too funny. I wonder if the pictures are geo tagged?
Old 11-25-2012, 15:58   #15
frank_drebin
1-man flash mob

Unfortunately, there are some revealing pictures. Some things cannot be unseen.
Old 11-25-2012, 15:59   #16
frank_drebin
1-man flash mob

I've got a shot with her at the airport waiting to get on a Delta flight with the gate in the background. Its date and time stamped. Then we have Vegas Pics.

Last edited by frank_drebin; 11-25-2012 at 15:59..
Old 11-25-2012, 16:00   #17
countrygun

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank_drebin View Post
Oh you poor man. Get the eyebleach ASAP.
Old 11-25-2012, 16:01   #18
aircarver
Silver Membership
Ride Continues

Quote:
I've got a shot with her at the airport waiting to get on a Delta flight with the gate in the background. Its date and time stamped. Then we have Vegas Pics.
Burglary must pay good ! ...

They'd created a vast, permanently unemployed underclass, dependent upon the Republic's stupendous welfare machine for its very existence, and in so doing, they'd sown the seeds of their own destruction. No one could place two-thirds of a world's population on the Dole and keep them there forever without the entire system crashing . . . but how in hell did one get them off the Dole? -David Weber, Flag in Exile
Old 11-25-2012, 16:01   #19
Patchman
Florist

Frank, don't talk to the police!

100 plus new photos since the burglary? All the photos you posted here seem to indicate the lady/new owner is very proud of her new toy and is posing in front of it like a proud new (innocent) owner.

Of course, the fact they happen to be African-Americans don't help them much here on GT!

There's no conclusive link they're the burglars. They could have bought the computer from a private seller just like any of us could have bought a handgun from a private seller.

And thank YOU for being perfect, all the time, every time. Go forth and reproduce. We need more of you.

Last edited by Patchman; 11-25-2012 at 16:13..
Old 11-25-2012, 16:02   #20
Line Rider

Stupid is as stupid does.
Old 11-25-2012, 16:02   #21
IndyGunFreak
RIP My Friends

Send a message via ICQ to IndyGunFreak Send a message via AIM to IndyGunFreak Send a message via MSN to IndyGunFreak Send a message via Yahoo to IndyGunFreak Send a message via Skype™ to IndyGunFreak

Hilarious.. they are obviously to stupid to know one of the folders is automatically syncing to an online service... I'd keep it open and show the pics to LE... They might recognize them, especially if those two are local.
The fire is no longer my major concern since I am leaving immediately on an unexpected road trip to Indianapolis. Watch the national news over the next couple of days, I'll wave... well, only if I'm cuffed in the front.
RIP Jack
Old 11-25-2012, 16:04   #22
IndyGunFreak
RIP My Friends

Send a message via ICQ to IndyGunFreak Send a message via AIM to IndyGunFreak Send a message via MSN to IndyGunFreak Send a message via Yahoo to IndyGunFreak Send a message via Skype™ to IndyGunFreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonS View Post
That's a really good thought. Being on an Ipad.. it's a good possibility.
The fire is no longer my major concern since I am leaving immediately on an unexpected road trip to Indianapolis. Watch the national news over the next couple of days, I'll wave... well, only if I'm cuffed in the front.
RIP Jack
Old 11-25-2012, 16:04   #23
ray9898

Stolen items get moved. This very well may not be the suspect but the person who bought the item. It is possible they could still provide a lead on the burgler.

I have tracked down several stolen items that were in the hands of a new owner and not the crimnal.

Last edited by ray9898; 11-25-2012 at 16:05..
Old 11-25-2012, 16:04   #24
SMOKEin

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonS View Post
The ones posted were not.
Old 11-25-2012, 16:04   #25
raven11

Quote:
If you were a lesser man, there would be some forums on the Internet that would be interested in those photos
Closed Thread

Tags
ah! di-beetus ackin up!, anybody else hongree?, asstastic, baby beluga's pink thrive, big 'ol baps!, dayum!, front butt, hindenburg, honey moo moo, huge crush, impact tremors, lootie and cooty, man the harpoons!, momma's big girl, nice blowhole, now now brown cow, oh the huge manatee!, queen labeefa, shake wants some!, she cost $3.50, smack dat!, take one tablet orally..., weapons-grade stupidity!, whale watching, your pad or mine?