GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 11-15-2012, 09:45   #51
flyandscuba

No worries - my thread wasn't really intended to be a WTS thread... I was just explaining why I was moving away from 10mm - because I found something better.

If my G29SF & remaining barrels don't sell at the gumshoe this weekend - I'll list them in proper WTS ad in the Classifieds section.

Thanks for caring though!

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Old 11-15-2012, 16:48   #52
copo9560

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkersey View Post
If it is safe to fire 45 ACP in a barrel chambered for the Rowland 460 then by the same reasoning it should be safe to fire 40 S&W out of the 10mm without bothering with a conversion barrel no? The differences in length being .06 inches and .14 inches respectively.
40 S&W functions fine in my stock G20. A little loss in accuracy but for 1/2 the price hard to beat. Make sure to clean barrel after shooting 40, some stuff will deposit in the longer chamber but it brushes out easily.
copo9560 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 21:42   #53
pasky2112

Quote:
Originally Posted by copo9560 View Post
40 S&W functions fine in my stock G20. A little loss in accuracy but for 1/2 the price hard to beat. Make sure to clean barrel after shooting 40, some stuff will deposit in the longer chamber but it brushes out easily.
+1 that. I've put multifired .40 case loaded for 10mm G20 more times than I can count. Good match distance rounds and if I loose a few cases, I don't get bummed like I do my once fired Starline 10mm cases I bought for $.14/ea!
pasky2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 11:15   #54
WeeWilly

OK, this thread has put me over the top, I am going to give one of these Rowland conversion kits a try on my G21SF. I have been fooling with .45 Super for a while with it so maybe it is time to move things up a notch.

I don't look forward to bringing out the butane torch to get the comp off every time I want to clean it properly. Frankly I have never been a big fan of comps in general, but as a range toy, it looks like it will be more fun than a barrel of monkeys. I look forward to developing loads and finding my favorite powders for it as well as using up all those 230gr XTP's I found on clearance.

There is no doubt my G29/G20's will be my go to handguns until my last days, I guess truth be told, I am just a sucker for new fun toys that go bang.
WeeWilly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 16:17   #55
flyandscuba

All my 10mm Auto firearms and associated barrels are now gone... Now, I just have a boat-load of 10mm Auto ammo to sell off locally -- DoubleTap, Underwood, Buffalo Bore, even the "original" Norma loads in factory fresh condition!

Two .460 Rowland converted pistols are now in hand and functioning flawlessly -- a Springfield XD "Compact Tactical", and a Glock 30. I've reamed a spare barrel for my HK USC/UMP SBR -- and will see how it handles .460 Rowland soon.