GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 11-19-2012, 09:05   #9741
BobInTX

^^^ A big gun? Maybe that's why you have back trouble.

Yeah, yeah, I know. Takes one to know one.

Happy Thanksgiving week, everyone!
"I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me". Philippians 4:13.
BobInTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 09:16   #9742
Lady Glock

Send a message via ICQ to Lady Glock
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobInTX View Post
^^^ A big gun? Maybe that's why you have back trouble.

Yeah, yeah, I know. Takes one to know one.

Happy Thanksgiving week, everyone!
It's a Glock 30...not toooo big!!

Trust in God...Everyone else keep your hands where I can see them!
Lady Glock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 09:58   #9743
BobInTX

I guess EVERY gun is big when you're scared.
Old 11-20-2012, 01:00   #9744
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Lady Glock, how's your back doing? Same question for you, Bob and Magnus. Bob, how did therapy go?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawgrass View Post
Lone_Wolfe it is so good to hear that you are having a good time despite the pain! Happy shopping, drinking, visiting and whatever else comes up that you want to do.

I went bra shopping last Friday on my way to an out of town gun show. I told the girl what I was looking for and she said I don't think that's the right size. I said 'well, it's what the tag says'. She is coming at me with her tape measure and I'm thinking 'oh crap'. I had on a tank and a hoodie. I pulled up the sweat shirt to keep her from grabbing anything. She got kinda pale and said, 'so I guess, you have a carry permit'. I said 'yes, I do'.

Have a great trip LW!
Thanks, I'm doing the best I can. Today's agenda included the pool, the jacuzzi, and Mexican food for dinner. That's about it.

Gun stories? You'd think this place was a gun forum!!!

Oh, wait......

I guess I'll tell about something that happened to me that's been bothering me for over a week now. The night before I started this trip I was cleaning out the safe that used to hold most of my guns when I had then. It also had other stuff in there that was stacked up on the floor. When the guns were taken out of there in 2009 I was overseas, so I didn't check befind to be sure no guns were missed. Turns out one was, a revolver.

I found it the night before I was riding to Mobile, then flying to Phoenix. A GT'er in Phoenix had seen a pic of this gun a while back, and really wanted it. I decided to take it with me, and offer it to him for a real good price. While I was in Mobile that plan changed abruptly, and then I didn't want to carry it out here. So I arranged to have it sent to a friend who lives near me. She has it now, but I don't know what's going to happen to it when I get home. Had I been thinking more clearly, I could probably have sold it right there in Mobile.

I was pretty upset when I found it, it was an unpleasant surprise. I don't want it in my house or around me.

Quote:
I guess EVERY gun is big when you're scared.
No kidding. Want to know how big those AK's looked?

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

RIP my friends Greg and Florence, see you again on the other side.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

RIP Jeff (23Skidoo) - 1962-2012 and Gloria (Silent_Runner) - 1964-2013
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Lone_Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 08:16   #9745
sawgrass

Maybe the revolver can go live with it's brothers and sisters if she can squeeze another one in somewhere.
Then you don't have to deal with it at all.

Last edited by sawgrass; 11-21-2012 at 03:11..
sawgrass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 08:59   #9746
BobInTX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe View Post
Lady Glock, how's your back doing? Same question for you, Bob and Magnus. Bob, how did therapy go?

Thanks, I'm doing the best I can. Today's agenda included the pool, the jacuzzi, and Mexican food for dinner. That's about it.

Gun stories? You'd think this place was a gun forum!!!

Oh, wait......

I guess I'll tell about something that happened to me that's been bothering me for over a week now. The night before I started this trip I was cleaning out the safe that used to hold most of my guns when I had then. It also had other stuff in there that was stacked up on the floor. When the guns were taken out of there in 2009 I was overseas, so I didn't check befind to be sure no guns were missed. Turns out one was, a revolver.

I found it the night before I was riding to Mobile, then flying to Phoenix. A GT'er in Phoenix had seen a pic of this gun a while back, and really wanted it. I decided to take it with me, and offer it to him for a real good price. While I was in Mobile that plan changed abruptly, and then I didn't want to carry it out here. So I arranged to have it sent to a friend who lives near me. She has it now, but I don't know what's going to happen to it when I get home. Had I been thinking more clearly, I could probably have sold it right there in Mobile.

I was pretty upset when I found it, it was an unpleasant surprise. I don't want it in my house or around me.

No kidding. Want to know how big those AK's looked?
I'm guessing about the size of a howitzer.

My back is doing really well. Unfortunately, my front is growing since I haven't been able to exercise and I stress eat.

The PT was mostly an evaluation session. He just showed me three simple exercises to do before I get out of bed every morning, and then put ice on my back. I am going back today to really get started. I haven't given him the "terrorist" label yet.

Mrs. Bob finished up her PT sessions yesterday. She's doing really good, but she is still using a cane in unfamiliar territory. She's been having trouble with her knees so the dr injected them yesterday.

What bothers you the most about the guns? Is it fear because you had one used on you, or fear you might use it? What is upsetting you? (You know I'm not criticizing you for this)
Old 11-20-2012, 09:03   #9747
Lady Glock

Quote:
Had the home nurse come by yesterday and took off the bandages. It's a terrible sight, very ugly. It hurts...they have me on oxycodone and Robaxin. The Robaxin is for the spasms I have in my right leg, but it isn't working very well. They also have me on valium for the same reason, but I'm suppose to give the robaxin time to work before giving up on it and going to the valium...so I'm being a bad kid and taking the robaxin, then a few hours later taking the valium to get relief. Then taking the robaxin on schedule again.

The therapist was here too...watched me walk, said he thought I would be better using a walker than a cane...but will let me continue with the cane for now. I'm still using the cane I borrow from Ranger.

Been blessed a few days of having someone bring dinner to us, but doesn't seem like that will be the case today. I am homebound, can't drive to get groceries and no funds to order in...so I'm at odds on how to manage the dinner considering the lack of ingredients and the extreme pain I feel.

I have an appointment with my surgeon on the 27th...hoping he will release me to drive so I can start work on December 3rd!

Old 11-21-2012, 00:15   #9748
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Maybe the revolver can go live with it's brothers and sisters if she can squeeze another one in somewhere.
Then you don't have to deal with it at all.

I have a story to tell you............

It was very cool and I sure hope that it helps him with some of what he is dealing with. He is a fine young man.
Without going into other's private details, it won't be possible for that gun to join the others. I'll have to find another solution here. I'm not sure what I'm going to do.

That's really cool that a song brought back something he needed to remember. I hope he can deal with the memories.

Quote:
I'm guessing about the size of a howitzer.

My back is doing really well. Unfortunately, my front is growing since I haven't been able to exercise and I stress eat.

The PT was mostly an evaluation session. He just showed me three simple exercises to do before I get out of bed every morning, and then put ice on my back. I am going back today to really get started. I haven't given him the "terrorist" label yet.

Mrs. Bob finished up her PT sessions yesterday. She's doing really good, but she is still using a cane in unfamiliar territory. She's been having trouble with her knees so the dr injected them yesterday.

What bothers you the most about the guns? Is it fear because you had one used on you, or fear you might use it? What is upsetting you? (You know I'm not criticizing you for this)
Glad your back and Mrs Bob are both doing well. Tell her not to step in anymore holes!

It's a 357 with a 2" barrel. S&W 686. As for which bothers me, I'd say both. When I first picked it up I was remembering what happened in a vivid way, beyond my normal memory. To the point I was shaking and crying, just like when I handled a .22 at Jeff's house a couple years ago. That thought of using it is there, sometimes that scares me, other times it's a relief.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Glock View Post
Had the home nurse come by yesterday and took off the bandages. It's a terrible sight, very ugly. It hurts................

I have an appointment with my surgeon on the 27th...hoping he will release me to drive so I can start work on December 3rd!
I didn't get much relief from Robaxin, either.What dose of Oxy are you on? Do you still have Ranger's walker? Can you use that?

I hope you get the dinner and other issues worked out. Maybe Ranger can figure something out for you to eat. my friend, and prayers for you.

I'm now in the Tucson area visiting family. I'll be here a couple days, then off to Dallas for an overnight and a meeting with a certain GT'er and the Mrs. Yes, you can say who you are if you want to. I had great fun in PHX with Zonny and B. Somm, and got a memorable quote from Zonny. We were going to meet B at a restaurant we'd never been to. We got into the shopping center, but couldn't find it. Zonny called B, "Lone_Wolfe is on drugs and I'm over 50, and were lost!".

Yes, we did find the place, and had a good time with B.

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 11-21-2012, 00:21   #9749
NeverMore1701
Platinum Membership
Fear no evil.

Quote:
Without going into other's private details, it won't be possible for that gun to join the others. I'll have to find another solution here. I'm not sure what I'm going to do.

That's really cool that a song brought back something he needed to remember. I hope he can deal with the memories.

Glad your back and Mrs Bob are both doing well. Tell her not to step in anymore holes!

It's a 357 with a 2" barrel. S&W 686. As for which bothers me, I'd say both. When I first picked it up I was remembering what happened in a vivid way, beyond my normal memory. To the point I was shaking and crying, just like when I handled a .22 at Jeff's house a couple years ago. That thought of using it is there, sometimes that scares me, other times it's a relief.

I didn't get much relief from Robaxin, either.What dose of Oxy are you on? Do you still have Ranger's walker? Can you use that?

I hope you get the dinner and other issues worked out. Maybe Ranger can figure something out for you to eat. my friend, and prayers for you.

I'm now in the Tucson area visiting family. I'll be here a couple days, then off to Dallas for an overnight and a meeting with a certain GT'er and the Mrs. Yes, you can say who you are if you want to. I had great fun in PHX with Zonny and B. Somm, and got a memorable quote from Zonny. We were going to meet B at a restaurant we'd never been to. We got into the shopping center, but couldn't find it. Zonny called B, "Lone_Wolfe is on drugs and I'm over 50, and were lost!".

I'm a mere 6hr drive from Dallas, you should drop by
For the last time
NeverMore1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 03:15   #9750
sawgrass

It's great that several of you are on the mend.
I hope that it continues.

LW good luck with the visiting/traveling and have fun in Texas!

Happy Thanksgiving
sawgrass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 08:58   #9751
Lady Glock

Quote:

I'm on Oxy 10/325, one every 6 hours. I need them every 4 hours...sometimes every 2 or 3 hours.

I have her walker still, but I'm not as comfortable on that as I am on the cane.

My landlord took me shopping last night. I bought a few things that are easy to cook so it wouldn't be so hard on me. When we got home, the youth pastor at our church had brought us spaghetti, garlic french bread, homemade brownies and strawberries and bananas. Ranger isn't too good at cooking due to her balance and strength...plus, I've been trying to get her to learn some decent dishes, but she only knows how to make mac and cheese with vegies mixed in. Anyway...we have 2 easy meals in the freezer, and everything needed for Thanksgiving. The kids are both going to help me get that made...they are both going to have to be willing to do a bunch to help!

Happy Thanksgiving to you! Praying your travels are safe and your holidays are wonderful.
Hugs!! (ever so gently)
T

Old 11-21-2012, 09:13   #9752
BobInTX

Quote:

Glad your back and Mrs Bob are both doing well. Tell her not to step in anymore holes! Don't worry, she watches the ground like a hawk.

Just like a woman. Had to stop and ask for directions.

It sounds like you are still suppressing some memories about getting shot. The gun is merely a trigger object. Okay, that has a double meaning, doesn't it? But you know what I mean. The trauma of holding the gun is triggering vivid details of getting shot. Those are going to have to come out at some point if you want to heal mentally. Just don't have any ammo in the house.

And before I forget, it's ME she's seeing in DFW!

Eat your hearts out, suckers! ha ha
Old 11-21-2012, 09:22   #9753
BobInTX

LadyGlock, my pain was much better at my two-week followup appointment. Of course, my incision was only an inch long. But my leg pain subsided significantly in the second week. I still have it a little bit, but he told me it may take a year to go away completely. Be sure he orders you physical therapy.

It sounds like this bad chapter in your life is almost over. You have a lot to be thankful for this Thanksgiving. May you have great blessings in your new job and the new year. I pray for continued healing for you and your daughter.
Old 11-21-2012, 10:34   #9754
Lady Glock

Quote:
LadyGlock, my pain was much better at my two-week followup appointment. Of course, my incision was only an inch long. But my leg pain subsided significantly in the second week. I still have it a little bit, but he told me it may take a year to go away completely. Be sure he orders you physical therapy.

It sounds like this bad chapter in your life is almost over. You have a lot to be thankful for this Thanksgiving. May you have great blessings in your new job and the new year. I pray for continued healing for you and your daughter.
I took a few steps without my cane yesterday. It was in a very inclosed space so if I started to fall, I could catch myself very easily. My incision is 5 inches...just had the kid measure it for me. I have home health coming by and doing PT...also a nurse doing my pro-time and checking vitals. They can only come up till I start working on the 6th. I am standing in faith that this is the end to my back pain and that when I recuperate from this, my back will be as close to 100% as possible for an overweight 45 year old! Thankfully, I have had people helping with good, homecooked meals since I came home...with the exception of the first meal which was from Kentucky friend chicken...and THAT WAS SOOOOOO GOOOD!!!!! I have to say, my family has been blessed and I appreciate all that God has done for us and all he has in store for us!

Old 11-21-2012, 10:40   #9755
BobInTX

Kentucky friend chicken? Doesn't that make it harder to eat them?
Old 11-21-2012, 10:55   #9756
Lady Glock

Quote:
Kentucky friend chicken? Doesn't that make it harder to eat them?
LOL...typo inclined under the circumstances. Thank you for catching that. Kentucky Fried Chicken...is that right? between my pain and the pain relief...I get lost in my own world and can't make out what I want to say. I am having needle poke pain in my back right now....it's annoying! Not sure which of the meds should help with that, but I am at the end of my pain meds scheduled for the time being....grrrrrrrr...

Old 11-22-2012, 03:18   #9757
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverMore1701 View Post
I'm a mere 6hr drive from Dallas, you should drop by : tongueout:
You go hunting, I'll sit there and wait for you......

Quote:
It's great that several of you are on the mend.
I hope that it continues.

LW good luck with the visiting/traveling and have fun in Texas!

Happy Thanksgiving
Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!

Thanks, I am enjoying the traveling. I'll try to post a few pics tomorrow. It's all painful as hell, but since I'm going to hurt anyway, I'm going to have some fun.

Quote:
I'm on Oxy 10/325, one every 6 hours. I need them every 4 hours...sometimes every 2 or 3 hours.

Ahhhh, got to love Percocet. One of my add-ons. Every 4 hours is supposed to be the max, so be careful when you take it any closer apart than that. I'm glad they gave you a higher dose.

I have her walker still, but I'm not as comfortable on that as I am on the cane............

Happy Thanksgiving to you! Praying your travels are safe and your holidays are wonderful.
Hugs!! (ever so gently)
T
That's great that you've got some help getting fed for a few days until you get some strength back. Sending up prayers for your recovery and so you can start your job soon.

, and a happy Thanksgiving to you!

Quote:
Just like a woman. Had to stop and ask for directions. : outtahere:
At least we didn't wander around lost for an hour like you men would have!

It sounds like you are still suppressing some memories about getting shot. The gun is merely a trigger object. : whistling: Okay, that has a double meaning, doesn't it? But you know what I mean. The trauma of holding the gun is triggering vivid details of getting shot. Those are going to have to come out at some point if you want to heal mentally. Just don't have any ammo in the house.

And before I forget, it's ME she's seeing in DFW! : pepper:
Damn, you actually sound happy about that!

Eat your hearts out, suckers! ha ha : rock:
There's a few GT'ers that'd say "Better you than me!". About your double meaning... I'd throw a brick at you for that if I wasn't out of smileys!

One of my shrinks had the same theory. He was forever making me relive it, trying to get more out of me. For a while I thought he was just trying to desensitize me to it, but then me said he thought part of my memory seemed 'manufactured'. I sometimes wondered a little if I was blocking part of it, but I remember the moments up to and actually getting shot very clearly, and know those are real. Plus, my memory fits the eyewitness accounts I read later. It sounds like you think I need to handle that gun some more. I can't do it.

Trouble is, I got lots of ammo in the house, and yes, lots in that caliber.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 11-22-2012, 09:19   #9758
BobInTX

No, I don't think you have to do that, necessarily. But it is telling that you had that reaction. Try to remember those vivid memories.

But right now, enjoy your holiday.

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!
Old 11-22-2012, 12:40   #9759
Silent_Runner
Can you hear me

Quote:
Originally Posted by sns3guppy View Post
I can testify to having first met ms. Wolf in an expensive watch shop in a mall.

I can also affirm that she knows her watches (and knives), and wears the real thing.

I can also affirm that ms. Wolf is the real deal, and despite a lot of human vulnerability, and despite her own denial to the contrary, is one tough cookie.
Should I try to guess what brand of watch she was looking at?

You do seem to know Wolfe well.

Quote:
Lone_Wolfe it is so good to hear that you are having a good time despite the pain! Happy shopping, drinking, visiting and whatever else comes up that you want to do.

I went bra shopping last Friday on my way to an out of town gun show. I told the girl what I was looking for and she said I don't think that's the right size. I said 'well, it's what the tag says'. She is coming at me with her tape measure and I'm thinking 'oh crap'. I had on a tank and a hoodie. I pulled up the sweat shirt to keep her from grabbing anything. She got kinda pale and said, 'so I guess, you have a carry permit'. I said 'yes, I do'. :rl:

Have a great trip LW!
That could be taken in a different way.

Quote:
I'm now in the Tucson area visiting family. I'll be here a couple days, then off to Dallas for an overnight and a meeting with a certain GT'er and the Mrs. Yes, you can say who you are if you want to. I had great fun in PHX with Zonny and B. Somm, and got a memorable quote from Zonny. We were going to meet B at a restaurant we'd never been to. We got into the shopping center, but couldn't find it. Zonny called B, "Lone_Wolfe is on drugs and I'm over 50, and were lost!". :r:

I may have to update my sig line.

Quote:
I took a few steps without my cane yesterday. It was in a very inclosed space so if I started to fall, I could catch myself very easily. My incision is 5 inches...just had the kid measure it for me. I have home health coming by and doing PT...also a nurse doing my pro-time and checking vitals. They can only come up till I start working on the 6th. I am standing in faith that this is the end to my back pain and that when I recuperate from this, my back will be as close to 100% as possible for an overweight 45 year old! Thankfully, I have had people helping with good, homecooked meals since I came home...with the exception of the first meal which was from Kentucky friend chicken...and THAT WAS SOOOOOO GOOOD!!!!! I have to say, my family has been blessed and I appreciate all that God has done for us and all he has in store for us!
I hope you are taking it as easy as you can while you heal.

Quote:
No, I don't think you have to do that, necessarily. But it is telling that you had that reaction. Try to remember those vivid memories.

But right now, enjoy your holiday.

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!
Perhaps you should handle that gun again if it would help you bring any suppressed memories to the surface. Did I just make a bad pun too? I think it would be a good idea to have a friend with you if you do try that and I agree that you should get rid of all your ammo before you do.

I hope you and everyone here have a wonderful Thanksgiving!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe
I mean, Iím mentally ill, not mentally deficient! There's a difference between psycho and stupid.
Rest in Peace Jeff Abshire-1962-2012-aka 23Skidoo
Silent_Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 15:40   #9760
Silent_Runner
Can you hear me

Wolfe I hope you and everyone here enjoyed your Thanksgiving. I did and I ate too much.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe
I mean, Iím mentally ill, not mentally deficient! There's a difference between psycho and stupid.
Rest in Peace Jeff Abshire-1962-2012-aka 23Skidoo
Silent_Runner is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
angel soldier, breast cancer, chemotherapy, coming home, gtds, kicking cancer's ass, one giant leap!, rip jeff and gloria, whip those demons!