Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 11-15-2012, 09:52   #1
kyglockshooter 2.0

Great video showing why you must shoot correct ammunition

I was looking through gun videos on you tube and came upon this one, This shows why you must always check to make sure your ammunition is correct for your gun. You may not get as lucky as the shooter in the video was.
kyglockshooter 2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 16:21   #2
BamaTrooper
Almost Done

Send a message via Yahoo to BamaTrooper
Doesn't seem like a failure to me...it worked as advertised...i.e. unsafe with +p
Old 11-15-2012, 16:34   #3
Berto
woo woo

The message is well taken, but the gun should have held up to that ammo. There's plenty of ammo on the market not marked +P that approaches the same kind of pressure (like CIP standard stuff from Europe).
You won't get love on the warranty, but I'd bet something was cowpoop with the gun or a bbl obstruction.

Last edited by Berto; 11-15-2012 at 16:35..
Berto is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 18:31   #4
mike g35

I just sold one of those DB9's. I sold it for $325, bought it for $125. took the proceeds and bought Gen 4 G26, a REAL gun.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

Last edited by mike g35; 11-15-2012 at 18:31..
mike g35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 19:42   #5
Ruggles

Wow just five rounds of +P did that, does not speak highly of the build quality.
Ruggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 22:10   #6
kendric98

probably had one stuck in the barrel then pulled the trigger again.
kendric98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 21:11   #7
kyglockshooter 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike g35 View Post
I just sold one of those DB9's. I sold it for $325, bought it for $125. took the proceeds and bought Gen 4 G26, a REAL gun.

Now that's a way to make a DB9 usefull!!!!

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Old 11-18-2012, 13:54   #8
kyglockshooter 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berto View Post
The message is well taken, but the gun should have held up to that ammo. There's plenty of ammo on the market not marked +P that approaches the same kind of pressure (like CIP standard stuff from Europe).
You won't get love on the warranty, but I'd bet something was cowpoop with the gun or a bbl obstruction.
Yeah I wish that the gun blowing up was on the video, and yeah the warranty was voided when the first +P round was shot haha.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Old 11-18-2012, 14:39   #9
RWBlue
CLM Number 120
Mr. CISSP, CISA

Quote:
Originally Posted by kendric98 View Post
probably had one stuck in the barrel then pulled the trigger again.
That would be my guess.
Old 11-18-2012, 18:43   #10
mike g35

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWBlue View Post
That would be my guess.
Actually they're just so small they can't handle high pressure loads. I owned one (that I got really cheap) it was junk.

Old 11-18-2012, 22:36   #11
kyglockshooter 2.0

[QUOTE=mike g35;19645624]Actually they're just so small they can't handle high pressure loads. I owned one (that I got really cheap) it was junk.

Am I the only one that does not like these smaller sized guns? I understand the small size makes them easy to conceal, also the reduction in weight seems cool to some people. Yet I personally am not a fan of these feather weights. If I am being forced to neutralize a threat I want a gun that i can get a firm comfortable grip on, not something that is smaller than my hand.
Old 11-19-2012, 00:37   #12
PM720

While I would prefer a fuller sized gun like a G19 or 32 for self defense purposes I would not have any issues with a QUALITY gun like a G26 or equivilant. I actually have a Ruger LCP that I really enjoy shooting. I would have no issues using it in a defensive situation.

Scott
PM720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 05:22   #13
JuneyBooney

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaTrooper View Post
Doesn't seem like a failure to me...it worked as advertised...i.e. unsafe with +p
I agree.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Cool songs:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Cool car:
JuneyBooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 08:53   #14
RWBlue
CLM Number 120
Mr. CISSP, CISA

Quote:
Actually they're just so small they can't handle high pressure loads. I owned one (that I got really cheap) it was junk.
The thing is it didn't explode where I think it should for an over pressured load. Then again, maybe I am just use to dealing with higher quality guns failing.

What we have seen with the Glocks that explode with over pressure loads is the failure of the case which blow out the the mag usually distroying the mag release, and the mag.

With the 1911, same thing, but the grip panels also go.

What I see in this video is a failure of the barrel. I have seen this when a bullet is stuck in the barrel and someone tried to get it out by shooting the next round. If the barrel is strong, it will contain the second bullet also. If it is not the barrel blows out like this video shows.

For those that have a DB9 are the rings/wear shown on the barrel normal?

Then again, I have never shot a DB9 and that barrel does look very thin..
Old 11-19-2012, 08:58   #15
RWBlue
CLM Number 120
Mr. CISSP, CISA

[quote=kyglockshooter 2.0;19646505]
Quote:

Am I the only one that does not like these smaller sized guns? I understand the small size makes them easy to conceal, also the reduction in weight seems cool to some people. Yet I personally am not a fan of these feather weights. If I am being forced to neutralize a threat I want a gun that i can get a firm comfortable grip on, not something that is smaller than my hand.
If I knew I was going to a gun fight, my PM9 is not the first gun I would get, BUT...

I have gotten use to the trigger and smaller frame. Running it with a 7 or 8 round mag is better for me and my big hands.
Old 11-19-2012, 10:33   #16
kyglockshooter 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by PM720 View Post
While I would prefer a fuller sized gun like a G19 or 32 for self defense purposes I would not have any issues with a QUALITY gun like a G26 or equivilant. I actually have a Ruger LCP that I really enjoy shooting. I would have no issues using it in a defensive situation.
Scott
I should have added that the G26 is the smallest gun I would be perfectly comfortable defending my life with, also the magazine grip extension +2 in my opinion makes the gun dramatically more comfortable. It is amazing to me that having your pinky hanging off the grip drastically makes a difference. I won a random gun while under the age of 21 so I transferred the certificate to my father. We agreed to get a G26 which has now become his everyday pocket carry gun, which i have carried very briefly at times when he allows me to. Its a perfect fit for the situation, I would not hesitate to carry it either. Anything smaller than the G26 I personally would not have the confidence in my abilities to be able to safely defend myself.
I have shot a LCP a few times, if I were to shoot one on a regular basis the opinion's that have been posted very likely may change. I am also not trying to say these smaller guns suck or that they are unreliable little grenades waiting to blow up in your hands (Yet if shooting these smaller firearms, like the video shows it is always safer to your health to be smoking while shooting. This is one of the few times smoking saved someones health and well being.) All that is being said is I am uncomfortable with them.