GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2012, 12:24   #501
Vigilant
Senior Member
 
Vigilant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Inside the Perimeter
Posts: 8,007
Cop Talk
__________________
Illegitimi non carborundum
Vigilant is offline  
Old 11-17-2012, 12:49   #502
Bill Lumberg
BTF Inventor
 
Bill Lumberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 6,856
My money is on jailer or security guard.
__________________
Did someone talk to you about your TPS reports?
Bill Lumberg is offline  
Old 11-17-2012, 12:50   #503
TBO
CLM Number 122
Why so serious?
 
TBO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: NRA Life Member
Posts: 43,582
Blog Entries: 1


TBO is offline  
Old 11-17-2012, 13:08   #504
Dragoon44
Lifetime Membership
Unfair Facist
 
Dragoon44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 24,156
Most of the Sheriff's offices in the South Have Deputies whose only job is serving civil papers.

And a whole other host of non road positions. So in the end, merely stating I am a Deputy tells nothing about what their actual job is.
__________________
“Right is still right, even if nobody is doing it. And wrong is still wrong, even if everybody is doing it.”—Texas Ranger saying.
Dragoon44 is offline  
Old 11-17-2012, 13:13   #505
JuneyBooney
Senior Member
 
JuneyBooney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 15,399
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoon44;1[U
9641438]Most of the Sheriff's offices in the South Have Deputies whose only job is serving civil papers.[/U]

And a whole other host of non road positions. So in the end, merely stating I am a Deputy tells nothing about what their actual job is.
I think that is true in most states. Then there are older regular cops who work in the courts transporting prisoners just to put their time in. But these people are still sworn leo.

Last edited by JuneyBooney; 11-17-2012 at 13:16..
JuneyBooney is offline  
Old 11-17-2012, 13:16   #506
JuneyBooney
Senior Member
 
JuneyBooney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 15,399
Quote:
Originally Posted by tantrix View Post
The Charger looked nice from the outside, and...well, that's where it ended. About the only thing it did better than the CV was handle better (didn't lean as bad on sharp turns).






I'm kind of OCD about keeping vehicles clean...I'll eat in one if I have to, but all trash goes back into the bag it came in and then out of the vehicle.
I always see Mickey D food wrappers and Dunkin Donuts wrappers and cups around here in those cars. So you are doing good by keeping the car clean.
JuneyBooney is offline  
Old 11-17-2012, 13:31   #507
JuneyBooney
Senior Member
 
JuneyBooney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 15,399
He would make a great politician. Good stuff.
JuneyBooney is offline  
Old 11-17-2012, 16:40   #508
TBO
CLM Number 122
Why so serious?
 
TBO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: NRA Life Member
Posts: 43,582
Blog Entries: 1


Calling Walter Mitty...

Sent from the toe of my jack boot using Tapatalk 2
__________________
"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened."

"If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters".

"A person who won't reason has no advantage over one who can't reason."

"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored."

“Ignorance is a lot like alcohol: the more you have of it, the less you are able to see its effect on you.”


Originally Posted by Rooster Rugburn:
Didn't the whole sheepdog thing actually start right here on Glock Talk? A bunch of wannabees bought a bunch of T-shirts and took an oath to defend those who won't defend themselves?
TBO is offline  
Old 11-17-2012, 17:14   #509
Mr.Reignman
Senior Member
 
Mr.Reignman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 490
Quote:
Originally Posted by golls17 View Post
Your story, in my mind, has gone from this:
Cop Talk

To this:
Cop Talk

Why is it so hard to tell us where you work? Again, PM a mod and they will give a thumbs up.

I like your style sir

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockapede View Post
Done.
You sir, have a gift!
__________________
Like knives? Like being able to carry them? Like my companies Facebook!!!
https://www.facebook.com/ForwardProgessUsa

Last edited by Mr.Reignman; 11-17-2012 at 17:15..
Mr.Reignman is offline  
Old 11-17-2012, 17:15   #510
blueiron
Clown move, bro
 
blueiron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: On the corner of Gang and Ghetto
Posts: 13,204
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigilant View Post
Cop Talk

U.S. Protection Service?

http://www.wdtn.com/dpp/news/local/d...ecurity-detail

http://uspsvc.com/Home_Page.html
__________________
Imported from the future in 1984. Returned to the past in 2007

Dear God, this is one of the dumbest ideas I've ever heard. It's got to rank right up there with CALEA. -Pepper45
blueiron is offline  
Old 11-17-2012, 18:07   #511
Sharky7
Boomshakalaka
 
Sharky7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,097
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharky7 View Post
Ok...Easy enough....Put it all to rest then. A quick pic of the above face holding your duty belt and vest. Don't even worry about your badge or dep logo - stay anonymous.
Sharky7 is offline  
Old 11-17-2012, 18:35   #512
tantrix
J'aimeLouisiane
 
tantrix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Louisiana, CSA
Posts: 9,200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharky7 View Post
Sorry haven't been reading much of this...been watching Cop Talk thump chest in GNG. Epic and embarrassing at the same time.
tantrix is offline  
Old 11-17-2012, 18:55   #513
Sharky7
Boomshakalaka
 
Sharky7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,097
Quote:
Originally Posted by tantrix View Post
Sorry haven't been reading much of this...been watching Cop Talk thump chest in GNG. Epic and embarrassing at the same time.
If you think that way towards the Cop Talk crowd - I would expect you to be eager to rub it in their face with proof.

We've seen your MMA picture. We've seen your duty belt picture. There's nothing that is revealing about either - they are "out there." Just put them together.
Sharky7 is offline  
Old 11-17-2012, 19:00   #514
Vigilant
Senior Member
 
Vigilant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Inside the Perimeter
Posts: 8,007
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueiron View Post
A glowing example of why I will always be your sidekick.
__________________
Illegitimi non carborundum
Vigilant is offline  
Old 11-17-2012, 19:01   #515
tantrix
J'aimeLouisiane
 
tantrix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Louisiana, CSA
Posts: 9,200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharky7 View Post
If you think that way towards the Cop Talk crowd - I would expect you to be eager to rub it in their face with proof.
Not really...I've avoided Cop Talk 9 years for a reason. I will gain what by revealing any more personal info on GT than I already have? Nothing.

I get dogpiled, and now if I show credentials we're all best friends?

Yeah...I'll pass, I don't need 'brothers' like that.

Now I see why the same people hang out in Cop Talk instead of GNG...they face no criticism when they're among people that always agree with them.



Anyway, let me get back to these two other threads, I can't miss any of this.

Last edited by tantrix; 11-17-2012 at 19:06..
tantrix is offline  
Old 11-17-2012, 19:19   #516
Dragoon44
Lifetime Membership
Unfair Facist
 
Dragoon44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 24,156
Quote:
Yeah...I'll pass, I don't need 'brothers' like that.
In the over 7 years I have been on GT I have yet to see any indication that you consider any LEO a brother. I cannot recall you showing anything but contempt and criticism of LEO's.
__________________
“Right is still right, even if nobody is doing it. And wrong is still wrong, even if everybody is doing it.”—Texas Ranger saying.
Dragoon44 is offline  
Old 11-17-2012, 19:29   #517
tantrix
J'aimeLouisiane
 
tantrix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Louisiana, CSA
Posts: 9,200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoon44 View Post
In the over 7 years I have been on GT I have yet to see any indication that you consider any LEO a brother. I cannot recall you showing anything but contempt and criticism of LEO's.
Hmm...what about those people that don't like cops all that much, then suddenly 'grow' an agenda after they become one themselves...yeah, nothing going on there...


I get it, everybody feels the need to defend their profession...except for many LEO's here bring it to the level of ridiculous, then end up looking stupid and have to run back here to Cop Talk. I can actually hang out in GNG without issue (except for Civil War threads...those never end well).

Last edited by tantrix; 11-17-2012 at 19:30..
tantrix is offline  
Old 11-17-2012, 19:37   #518
Sharky7
Boomshakalaka
 
Sharky7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,097
Quote:
Originally Posted by tantrix View Post
Not really...I've avoided Cop Talk 9 years for a reason. I will gain what by revealing any more personal info on GT than I already have? Nothing.
Ok. Don't reveal anything more. Just post a picture of the face you have ALREADY posted holding the belt you have ALREADY posted.

Don't do it for "brotherhood" - do it to prove everyone wrong then.

Last edited by Sharky7; 11-17-2012 at 19:39..
Sharky7 is offline  
Old 11-17-2012, 19:37   #519
Dragoon44
Lifetime Membership
Unfair Facist
 
Dragoon44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 24,156
Quote:
I get it, everybody feels the need to defend their profession...except for many LEO's here bring it to the level of ridiculous, then end up looking stupid and have to run back here to Cop Talk. I can actually hang out in GNG without issue (except for Civil War threads...those never end well).
I have never felt the need to "defend" a profession. But I have no qualms pointing out the fallacy of absurd claims or points of view with no basis in reality. A staple in the forum you feel so comfortable in. That alone says alot.

The number of dyed in the wool cop haters in your friends list says even more.
__________________
“Right is still right, even if nobody is doing it. And wrong is still wrong, even if everybody is doing it.”—Texas Ranger saying.
Dragoon44 is offline  
Old 11-17-2012, 19:42   #520
tantrix
J'aimeLouisiane
 
tantrix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Louisiana, CSA
Posts: 9,200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoon44 View Post
I have never felt the need to "defend" a profession. But I have no qualms pointing out the fallacy of absurd claims or points of view with no basis in reality. A staple in the forum you feel so comfortable in. That alone says alot.
Anything that isn't praising LE here is going to be considered "absurd claims". I know you have been here long enough to see that.




Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoon44 View Post
The number of dyed in the wool cop haters in your friends list says even more.
You know that not many people on my friends list even know I'm in LE?


And cop haters? You mean, people that don't automatically agree with everything that a LEO says on here? Ok, I believe that...I don't' even do that.
tantrix is offline  
Old 11-17-2012, 19:56   #521
Dragoon44
Lifetime Membership
Unfair Facist
 
Dragoon44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 24,156
Quote:
Anything that isn't praising LE here is going to be considered "absurd claims". I know you have been here long enough to see that.
Nonsense. there have been threads where the ones criticizing LE have been the cops while the non cops defended the officer(s) in question. Not frequently but it has happened.

The main point of contention generally revolves around many non LEO's lack of knowledge about how police work is done. And why things are done that way. They think what they see on TV and in the movies is the way it's done.

Plus they engage in after the fact judgments ignoring or rejecting the proper method of assessing the actions of the officer based on what the officer knew or reasonably suspected at the time he took action.

Instead they want to make declarations based on the outcome when everything is known.

Quote:
And cop haters? You mean, people that don't automatically agree with everything that a LEO says on here? Ok, I believe that...I don't' even do that.
That dog won't hunt, ones like Natty would go out of their way to post anti cop stuff or derail a thread with his anti LEO diatribes at every available opportunity.

"Not agreeing with everything a police officer says" or not agreeing that police officers can do know wrong" is the bogus argument put forward by those that regularly get their views and claim refuted. By those that actually know what they are talking about.
__________________
“Right is still right, even if nobody is doing it. And wrong is still wrong, even if everybody is doing it.”—Texas Ranger saying.

Last edited by Dragoon44; 11-17-2012 at 19:58..
Dragoon44 is offline  
Old 11-17-2012, 20:05   #522
Sharky7
Boomshakalaka
 
Sharky7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,097
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharky7 View Post
Ok. Don't reveal anything more. Just post a picture of the face you have ALREADY posted holding the belt you have ALREADY posted.

Don't do it for "brotherhood" - do it to prove everyone wrong then.



This entire thread is questioning your status in LE. Prove everyone wrong. You were eager to share you MMA pics - no reason not to do this.
Sharky7 is offline  
Old 11-17-2012, 20:08   #523
tantrix
J'aimeLouisiane
 
tantrix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Louisiana, CSA
Posts: 9,200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoon44 View Post
Nonsense. there have been threads where the ones criticizing LE have been the cops while the non cops defended the officer(s) in question. Not frequently but it has happened.
Key words there...key words.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoon44 View Post
Instead they want to make declarations based on the outcome when everything is known.
I've seen LEO's do the same thing here...actually, quite few times over the course of 9 years on GT.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoon44 View Post
That dog won't hunt, ones like Natty would go out of their way to post anti cop stuff or derail a thread with his anti LEO diatribes at every available opportunity.
I have no idea about that, I'd have to go look at his post history. I'm also not in very many threads here about LEO's, so that could explain it...however, when I am I'm usually the odd man out.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoon44 View Post
"Not agreeing with everything a police officer says" or not agreeing that police officers can do know wrong" is the bogus argument put forward by those that regularly get their views and claim refuted. By those that actually know what they are talking about.
The "LEO's are always right, everyone else is always wrong" attitude...isn't always right. I have learned to accept that. To even go into LE with this attitude is doing the public a disservice.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharky7 View Post



This entire thread is questioning your status in LE. Prove everyone wrong. You were eager to share you MMA pics - no reason not to do this.
My MMA pics were already on here, and have been for a long time...none of my other info has ever been posted here, to anyone. If you guys have done it, that's your prerogative...I have no issue with that. However, on a forum where such info is not required, just requested...I have the right to contemplate that decision.

Last edited by tantrix; 11-17-2012 at 20:11..
tantrix is offline  
Old 11-17-2012, 20:08   #524
JuneyBooney
Senior Member
 
JuneyBooney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 15,399
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Reignman View Post
I like your style sir


You sir, have a gift!
Now that is funny.
JuneyBooney is offline  
Old 11-17-2012, 20:18   #525
Sharky7
Boomshakalaka
 
Sharky7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,097
Quote:
Originally Posted by tantrix View Post

My MMA pics were already on here, and have been for a long time...none of my other info has ever been posted here, to anyone. If you guys have done it, that's your prerogative...I have no issue with that. However, on a forum where such info is not required, just requested...I have the right to contemplate that decision.
You've let this thing go 20+ pages with different excuses.

YOU put your MMA pics on here. You even posted new ones to this thread. YOU posted a pic of the duty belt.

Those things are "out there" already - this is going to be one of the Gecko45 things if you keep coming up with excuses.
Sharky7 is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:00.



Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 787
204 Members
583 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,244
Nov 11, 2013 at 11:42