Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Closed Thread

Old 11-17-2012, 13:24   #501
Vigilant

Cop Talk
Old 11-17-2012, 13:49   #502
Bill Lumberg
BTF Inventor

My money is on jailer or security guard.
Old 11-17-2012, 13:50   #503
TBO
CLM Number 122
Why so serious?

Old 11-17-2012, 14:08   #504
Dragoon44
Lifetime Membership
Unfair Facist

Most of the Sheriff's offices in the South Have Deputies whose only job is serving civil papers.

And a whole other host of non road positions. So in the end, merely stating I am a Deputy tells nothing about what their actual job is.
Old 11-17-2012, 14:13   #505
JuneyBooney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoon44;1[U
9641438]Most of the Sheriff's offices in the South Have Deputies whose only job is serving civil papers.[/U]

And a whole other host of non road positions. So in the end, merely stating I am a Deputy tells nothing about what their actual job is.
I think that is true in most states. Then there are older regular cops who work in the courts transporting prisoners just to put their time in. But these people are still sworn leo.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Cool songs:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Cool car:

Last edited by JuneyBooney; 11-17-2012 at 14:16..
Old 11-17-2012, 14:16   #506
JuneyBooney

Quote:
Originally Posted by tantrix View Post
The Charger looked nice from the outside, and...well, that's where it ended. About the only thing it did better than the CV was handle better (didn't lean as bad on sharp turns).

I'm kind of OCD about keeping vehicles clean...I'll eat in one if I have to, but all trash goes back into the bag it came in and then out of the vehicle.
I always see Mickey D food wrappers and Dunkin Donuts wrappers and cups around here in those cars. So you are doing good by keeping the car clean.

Cool songs:

Cool car:
Old 11-17-2012, 14:31   #507
JuneyBooney

He would make a great politician. Good stuff.

Cool songs:

Cool car:
Old 11-17-2012, 17:40   #508
TBO
CLM Number 122
Why so serious?

Calling Walter Mitty...

Sent from the toe of my jack boot using Tapatalk 2

"If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters".

"A person who won't reason has no advantage over one who can't reason."

"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored."

“Ignorance is a lot like alcohol: the more you have of it, the less you are able to see its effect on you.”

Originally Posted by Rooster Rugburn:
Didn't the whole sheepdog thing actually start right here on Glock Talk? A bunch of wannabees bought a bunch of T-shirts and took an oath to defend those who won't defend themselves?
Old 11-17-2012, 18:14   #509
Mr.Reignman

Quote:
Originally Posted by golls17 View Post
Your story, in my mind, has gone from this:
Cop Talk

To this:
Cop Talk

Why is it so hard to tell us where you work? Again, PM a mod and they will give a thumbs up.

I like your style sir

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockapede View Post
Done.
You sir, have a gift!

Last edited by Mr.Reignman; 11-17-2012 at 18:15..
Old 11-17-2012, 18:15   #510
blueiron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigilant View Post
Cop Talk

U.S. Protection Service?

http://www.wdtn.com/dpp/news/local/d...ecurity-detail

http://uspsvc.com/Home_Page.html
Old 11-17-2012, 19:07   #511
Sharky7
Boomshakalaka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharky7 View Post
Ok...Easy enough....Put it all to rest then. A quick pic of the above face holding your duty belt and vest. Don't even worry about your badge or dep logo - stay anonymous.
Old 11-17-2012, 19:35   #512
tantrix
J'aimeLouisiane

Quote:
Sorry haven't been reading much of this...been watching Cop Talk thump chest in GNG. Epic and embarrassing at the same time.
Old 11-17-2012, 19:55   #513
Sharky7
Boomshakalaka

Quote:
Sorry haven't been reading much of this...been watching Cop Talk thump chest in GNG. Epic and embarrassing at the same time.
If you think that way towards the Cop Talk crowd - I would expect you to be eager to rub it in their face with proof.

We've seen your MMA picture. We've seen your duty belt picture. There's nothing that is revealing about either - they are "out there." Just put them together.
Old 11-17-2012, 20:00   #514
Vigilant

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueiron View Post
A glowing example of why I will always be your sidekick.
Old 11-17-2012, 20:01   #515
tantrix
J'aimeLouisiane

Quote:
If you think that way towards the Cop Talk crowd - I would expect you to be eager to rub it in their face with proof.
Not really...I've avoided Cop Talk 9 years for a reason. I will gain what by revealing any more personal info on GT than I already have? Nothing.

I get dogpiled, and now if I show credentials we're all best friends?

Yeah...I'll pass, I don't need 'brothers' like that.

Now I see why the same people hang out in Cop Talk instead of GNG...they face no criticism when they're among people that always agree with them.

Anyway, let me get back to these two other threads, I can't miss any of this.

Last edited by tantrix; 11-17-2012 at 20:06..
Old 11-17-2012, 20:19   #516
Dragoon44
Lifetime Membership
Unfair Facist

Quote:
Yeah...I'll pass, I don't need 'brothers' like that.
In the over 7 years I have been on GT I have yet to see any indication that you consider any LEO a brother. I cannot recall you showing anything but contempt and criticism of LEO's.
Old 11-17-2012, 20:29   #517
tantrix
J'aimeLouisiane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoon44 View Post
In the over 7 years I have been on GT I have yet to see any indication that you consider any LEO a brother. I cannot recall you showing anything but contempt and criticism of LEO's.
Hmm...what about those people that don't like cops all that much, then suddenly 'grow' an agenda after they become one themselves...yeah, nothing going on there...

I get it, everybody feels the need to defend their profession...except for many LEO's here bring it to the level of ridiculous, then end up looking stupid and have to run back here to Cop Talk. I can actually hang out in GNG without issue (except for Civil War threads...those never end well).

Last edited by tantrix; 11-17-2012 at 20:30..
Old 11-17-2012, 20:37   #518
Sharky7
Boomshakalaka

Quote:
Not really...I've avoided Cop Talk 9 years for a reason. I will gain what by revealing any more personal info on GT than I already have? Nothing.
Ok. Don't reveal anything more. Just post a picture of the face you have ALREADY posted holding the belt you have ALREADY posted.

Don't do it for "brotherhood" - do it to prove everyone wrong then.

Last edited by Sharky7; 11-17-2012 at 20:39..
Old 11-17-2012, 20:37   #519
Dragoon44
Lifetime Membership
Unfair Facist

Quote:
I get it, everybody feels the need to defend their profession...except for many LEO's here bring it to the level of ridiculous, then end up looking stupid and have to run back here to Cop Talk. I can actually hang out in GNG without issue (except for Civil War threads...those never end well).
I have never felt the need to "defend" a profession. But I have no qualms pointing out the fallacy of absurd claims or points of view with no basis in reality. A staple in the forum you feel so comfortable in. That alone says alot.

The number of dyed in the wool cop haters in your friends list says even more.
Old 11-17-2012, 20:42   #520
tantrix
J'aimeLouisiane

Quote:
I have never felt the need to "defend" a profession. But I have no qualms pointing out the fallacy of absurd claims or points of view with no basis in reality. A staple in the forum you feel so comfortable in. That alone says alot.
Anything that isn't praising LE here is going to be considered "absurd claims". I know you have been here long enough to see that.

Quote:
The number of dyed in the wool cop haters in your friends list says even more.
You know that not many people on my friends list even know I'm in LE?

And cop haters? You mean, people that don't automatically agree with everything that a LEO says on here? Ok, I believe that...I don't' even do that.

Closed Thread