Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Closed Thread

Old 11-16-2012, 19:35   #461
Sharky7
Boomshakalaka

Just ask Lawman800, he is the expert on slim waists and tapered uniforms

Guys with real slim waists have very limited real estate on their belt. It's easy to pick out that belt is bigger than a 30-32.
Old 11-16-2012, 19:41   #462
tantrix
J'aimeLouisiane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharky7 View Post
Just ask Lawman800, he is the expert on slim waists and tapered uniforms

Guys with real slim waists have very limited real estate on their belt. It's easy to pick out that belt is bigger than a 30-32.
It is rather cluttered when it's on...I barely have room for the necessities.

Last edited by tantrix; 11-16-2012 at 19:41..
Old 11-16-2012, 19:47   #463
Sharky7
Boomshakalaka

Quote:
Originally Posted by tantrix View Post
It is rather cluttered when it's on...I barely have room for the necessities.
Whoever owns that belt it doesn't get all too much tighter than it is in that picture - otherwise you would not be able to draw the horizontal placed magazines and the canted taser.
Old 11-16-2012, 19:55   #464
rockapede

Tantrix, your wife over on ronpaulforums.com seems to have an admirer named heavenlyboy34. Might oughta watch out for that.

-Edward Conlon
Old 11-16-2012, 19:56   #465
tantrix
J'aimeLouisiane

Quote:
Whoever owns that belt it doesn't get all too much tighter than it is in that picture - otherwise you would not be able to draw the horizontal placed magazines and the canted taser.
Well, in the angle of the pic the belt is sorta smashed making it look like the X26 is on the front. The X26 is normally around 10:00 weak side, and the mags are in front of the G22 right around 1-2:00.
Old 11-16-2012, 19:56   #466
Ship A'Hoy
Trigger Control

Quote:
Actually, you got it right...cinched up it's 32".
Did you take a soldering iron to the grip of that Glock?
Speed is fine, accuracy is final.
Old 11-16-2012, 20:06   #467
tantrix
J'aimeLouisiane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ship A'Hoy View Post
Did you take a soldering iron to the grip of that Glock?
You've never seen an Agrip? Hands tend to get real sweaty down here in the summer.
Old 11-16-2012, 22:05   #468
JuneyBooney

Quote:
Ok...Easy enough....Put it all to rest then. A quick pic of the above face holding your duty belt and vest. Don't even worry about your badge or dep logo - stay anonymous.
I would tend to agree. The lack of tatts may indeed mean a dept that does not allow tatts on arms. Hair is short enough.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Cool songs:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Cool car:
Old 11-16-2012, 22:08   #469
4949shooter

My suggestion would be to place a pic of yourself next to your duty belt on the carpet and retake the picture.

Let's put this thread to rest!
Old 11-16-2012, 22:31   #470
Sharky7
Boomshakalaka

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4949shooter View Post
My suggestion would be to place a pic of yourself next to your duty belt on the carpet and retake the picture.

Let's put this thread to rest!
Yep...
Old 11-16-2012, 22:52   #471
tantrix
J'aimeLouisiane

I might..couldn't do it right now anyway, duty belt is in bedroom and daughter is asleep in there.

ETA- Anyway, here's the only other work-related pic I have on the phone. Last week was hot and wet, this week it's cold and dry, and next week it'll be cold and wet.

Cop Talk

Last edited by tantrix; 11-16-2012 at 23:58..
Old 11-16-2012, 23:31   #472
Kelo6

Old 11-17-2012, 00:06   #473
JuneyBooney

Quote:
I might..couldn't do it right now anyway, duty belt is in bedroom and daughter is asleep in there.

ETA- Anyway, here's the only other work-related pic I have on the phone. Last week was hot and wet, this week it's cold and dry, and next week it'll be cold and wet.

Cop Talk
That is a nice taxicab. I think the thread should go on for a few more hundred posts. Just don't out anything too personal.

Cool songs:

Cool car:
Old 11-17-2012, 00:07   #474
Mr.Reignman

Quote:
Originally Posted by wprebeck View Post
So, it seems there's yet another one who says he's one of us, but isn't. After searching for his username thru 7 pages of Google, because he claimed to be a member of three other LE boards, I can only conclude the following:

He uses a different username for those boards, or

Doesn't have enough posts in those boards to be statistically significant enough to be included in the Google search, or

He's not a sworn law enforcement officer.

Further anecdotal evidence includes the same username and location used on multiple forums. Also, wouldn't a cop know about how a bench warrant is issued, and not ask a forum for divorced fathers, much less be forced to call multiple agencies to check on the aforementioned warrant? Hell, I'm just a jail officer, and can answer that question.

Anyway, I hereby request an official ORI check from said individual ...

I want my time back.

Old 11-17-2012, 00:13   #475
rockapede

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Reignman View Post
I want my time back.
Done.

-Edward Conlon
Old 11-17-2012, 00:18   #476
tantrix
J'aimeLouisiane

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuneyBooney View Post
That is a nice taxicab. I think the thread should go on for a few more hundred posts. Just don't out anything too personal.
It's a Cadillac compared to that piece of junk Charger they let me try when it first came out. Drove it from about 5am until lunch and was done with it.

Last edited by tantrix; 11-17-2012 at 00:30..
Old 11-17-2012, 00:47   #477
JuneyBooney

Quote:
It's a Cadillac compared to that piece of junk Charger they let me try when it first came out. Drove it from about 5am until lunch and was done with it.
Chargers are small. The cv cars are larger but when they get lots of miles they get problematic and have some safety issues. That car looks relatively clean inside. Where is the donut box? Real cop cars are supposed to have donut boxes strewn about.

Cool songs:

Cool car:
Old 11-17-2012, 00:51   #478
tantrix
J'aimeLouisiane

Quote:
Chargers are small. The cv cars are larger but when they get lots of miles they get problematic and have some safety issues.
The Charger looked nice from the outside, and...well, that's where it ended. About the only thing it did better than the CV was handle better (didn't lean as bad on sharp turns).

Quote:
That car looks relatively clean inside. Where is the donut box? Real cop cars are supposed to have donut boxes strewn about.

I'm kind of OCD about keeping vehicles clean...I'll eat in one if I have to, but all trash goes back into the bag it came in and then out of the vehicle.

Last edited by tantrix; 11-17-2012 at 00:54..
Old 11-17-2012, 01:36   #479
golls17
Lifetime Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dac1204 View Post
There are only four sheriffs' in his state (assuming hes telling the truth about that) that have been in off for 16 years. That is how long he said his cousin had been sheriff. Here they are.

ASCENSION PARISH
JEFFREY WILEY
1996 YEAR ASSUMED OFFICE

MADISON PARISH
LARRY COX
1996 YEAR ASSUMED OFFICE

ST CHARLES PARISH
GREG CHAMPAGNE
1996 YEAR ASSUMED OFFICE

ST TAMMANY PARISH
JACK STRAIN
1996 YEAR ASSUMED OFFICE

So now he just needs to tell us what county again. I narrowed it down to these four.
Quote:

Nice work...now somebody's getting somewhere.
Quote:
TBO gets it first...matter of fact, I think I remember you posting the article somewhere when it happened. Yep, I was there...those were the two guys, and it was chaos.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBO View Post
Alexandria Police Department, Louisiana
Thursday, February 20, 2003

That is the department/date that lost 2 Swat type cops, that he appears to be talking about.
Quote:
TBO gets it first...matter of fact, I think I remember you posting the article somewhere when it happened. Yep, I was there...those were the two guys, and it was chaos.
Can we come back to this for a minute? I realize I was cold before, but here's what's got me stuck in trying to give you the benefit of the doubt.

Alexandria, LA is in Rapides Parish. None of those 4 mentioned that you agreed we were getting somewhere border Rapides, and the nearest is 2 hours away.

You said you were at the shooting, but you never confirmed whether you worked for any of those 4 earlier (though you hinted at it), for a bordering parish (which wouldn't fit with your Sheriff being there 16 years), or drove at least 2 hours (OK, less lights and sirens), through another county, and into Rapides (not impossible, but pretty far-fetched).

If you don't trust anybody else, PM a mod. Give them some sort of proof (in the morning if you have to wait for your daughter to wake up to get your gear to take a picture with "your face" and "your duty belt" in the same unaltered photo - apparently we have people that will know), and clear it up for us.

ETA: At the very least, a simple yes or no, do you work for one of the previous 4 Parishes mentioned? I know a black-and-white answer isn't your type of thing, but I think it's worth a try...
Remember every day that you don't train or workout, a bad guy does.
Formerly gollbladder13

Last edited by golls17; 11-17-2012 at 01:41..
Old 11-17-2012, 01:43   #480
TBO
CLM Number 122
Why so serious?

Closed Thread