Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 11-16-2012, 12:00   #1
tslex

How EXACTLY did Hamas SEE this going?

Here's what I do not get: How EXACTLY did Hamas see this going? When the leadership sat around over glasses of tea and said, "Yeah, let's lob many hundreds of missiles randomly into Israeli residential neighborhoods because . . . " what was the next part of that sentence? Was it ". . . because the Israelis, ya know, might all just pack up and leave."? Was it ". . . because, you know those Israelis, they won't do jack to retaliate."? Was it ANY version of " . . . because ultimately raining down random missiles on Israel will get us a result we want and not, ya know, annihilated."?

Sure, predictably, Israel is being criticized by the usual suspects (Egypt, Russia, the BBC) for the nature of its response. But did the Hamas guys think "Yeah! That'll teach 'em. Those Israelis HATE to be the target of international criticism."?
tslex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 12:16   #2
.264 magnum
CLM Number 121
Charter Lifetime Member

Word.

I will say that some of the usual suspects have, for maybe the first time in recent memory, placed more blame on Hamas.

This kind of thing is literally irrational.
Old 11-16-2012, 12:23   #3
Psychman
NRA Life Member

I think they want a more involved war where the rest of the Muslim world comes to their defense. It is the "we are the little guys being picked on by the big guys" syndrome.

NCOWS
Hey, I just love guns.
Psychman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 12:24   #4
TK-421

This kind of scene always amuses me. "Lets rain down missiles on random houses over the border." "Wait! What?! What the hell do you mean they're retaliating? They have NO justification for retaliation, we haven't done anything wrong!"
TK-421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 12:33   #5
LASTRESORT20
LongTerm-Guy

"How EXACTLY did Hamas SEE this going"

`They are to stupid to know how anything will end up....they only have an end game.

Isreal is not worried about what ignorant muslim terroist think or feel `anymore`...Isreal wants to survive...They are "learning" that appeasement and Political correctness (talking) with roaches Never works.......They need to get serious and get it done....enough of the BS terrorists rockets being fired at them indiscriminately....Time to get to work and take care of the whole problem and finish the job.
LASTRESORT20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 12:39   #6
airmotive
Tin Kicker

Ever watch a World Cup soccer match between, say...Germany (powerhouse) and Moldova (notsomuch)?

The Okie Corral
Old 11-16-2012, 12:42   #7
kirgi08
Silver Membership
Watcher.

They figured the one would support them.'08.

If you look like food,You will be eaten.

Rip Chad.You will be missed.
kirgi08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 12:55   #8
Baba Louie

What with the new Egyptian Prime Minister there visiting w/ Hamas leader whats his name for the day and all. They even went to a hospital and saw children who were cruelly maimed and/or killed by the Israeli counter offerings.

WHAT WERE THEY THINKING? (it's on cuz?)
Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. John 15:13
Baba Louie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 12:57   #9
HerrGlock
CLM Number 2
Scouts Out

Now that the US won't back Israel, what do they have to lose?
HerrGlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 12:59   #10
Bren
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tslex View Post
Here's what I do not get: How EXACTLY did Hamas see this going? When the leadership sat around over glasses of tea and said, "Yeah, let's lob many hundreds of missiles randomly into Israeli residential neighborhoods because . . . " what was the next part of that sentence? Was it ". . . because the Israelis, ya know, might all just pack up and leave."? Was it ". . . because, you know those Israelis, they won't do jack to retaliate."? Was it ANY version of " . . . because ultimately raining down random missiles on Israel will get us a result we want and not, ya know, annihilated."?

Sure, predictably, Israel is being criticized by the usual suspects (Egypt, Russia, the BBC) for the nature of its response. But did the Hamas guys think "Yeah! That'll teach 'em. Those Israelis HATE to be the target of international criticism."?

How they see it going is that they provoke a reaction from the Israelies that can be used to draw other muslim countires into war against them, make things hard on the US, etc.
Old 11-16-2012, 13:04   #11
Psychman
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerrGlock View Post
And to think that over 60 percent of US Jews voted for Obama again. Unbelievable.

NCOWS
Hey, I just love guns.
Psychman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 13:16   #12
aplcr0331
SortaHeuristic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychman View Post
And to think that over 60 percent of US Jews voted for Obama again. Unbelievable.
Anyone but the goyum in their eyes is a-ok.
But the rest of you, especially the rest of you under 30, wake up. The day is approaching where the media will redefine what is right or meaningful, redefine you as meaningless...And you'll believe it.
aplcr0331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 13:20   #13
czsmithGT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baba Louie View Post
What with the new Egyptian Prime Minister there visiting w/ Hamas leader whats his name for the day and all. They even went to a hospital and saw children who were cruelly maimed and/or killed by the Israeli counter offerings.

WHAT WERE THEY THINKING? (it's on cuz?)
PHOTO: Hamas missile launch pad next to mosque, playground. Civilian factories, gas station also half a block from Fajr-5 firing site.

http://kleinonline.wnd.com/2012/11/1...m-fajr-5-site/
czsmithGT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 13:21   #14
tslex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bren View Post
How they see it going is that they provoke a reaction from the Israelies that can be used to draw other muslim countires into war against them, make things hard on the US, etc.
Likely true, Bren. Perhaps the only explanation that makes "sense."

But you have to wonder if they have noticed that . . .

. . . the Egyptian military is unlikely to let itself be broken in a new war with Israel, even if the Muslim Brotherhood "leaders" in Egypt were to say they should. (Especially since lost of senior Egyptian Army officers have spent the past 25 years or so harrying, arresting, torturing and disappearing MB leaders.)

. . . the Syrians are busy with a civil war.

. . . the Jordanians have been a US ally and de facto GWOT partner for years. (And more to the point REALLY don't want a new wave of Palestinian refugees.)

. . . Iraq has no meaningful army, let alone any cohesive political will.

. . . the Gulf states all seem to be too busy making money and building indoor ski resorts.

I suppose the idea might be to draw Iran in, but Iran is ALREADY in. Many (most?) of the recent spate of missiles are being launched by Islamic Jihad, essentially a client/proxy of Iran. Perhaps the idea is to distract the Israelis so they forget to bomb the centrifuges? Seems like a poor plan.
tslex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 13:35   #15
ColdSteelNail

If Hamas thinks that Egypt is now more inclined to go to war against Israel since the political changes they are just wrong. The leaders in Egypt don't want to get into a very bloody shooting war, especially during their first year. Just MHO.
ColdSteelNail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 13:39   #16
ColdSteelNail

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerrGlock View Post
Why do you think the US won't back Israel? Obama has made it clear that the US will. Our policy toward Israel Hasn't changed.
ColdSteelNail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 14:15   #17
kirgi08
Silver Membership
Watcher.

You believe him.'08.

Old 11-16-2012, 14:33   #18
janice6
Platinum Membership
NRA

Children: "But, he hit me back first".

"Peace is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". Anonymous

Earp: Not everyone who knows you hates you.
DOC: I know it ain't always easy bein' my friend....but I'll BE THERE when you need me.
janice6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 14:40   #19
JW1178

They think the rest of the arab world will jump in for them. They tried that once before, and that was 6 days of hell for them. So I figure they love the sympathy I guess.
JW1178 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 14:42   #20
cowboywannabe
you savvy?

hamas raises their kids to die. the outcome of their attack was of no concern to them.

Facts are no match against enthusiasm and ignorance...
cowboywannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 14:46   #21
JMS

Quote:
Originally Posted by aplcr0331 View Post
Anyone but the goyum in their eyes is a-ok.
Goyim means Christian, what's your point?

JMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 14:54   #22
phil evans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychman View Post
I think they want a more involved war where the rest of the Muslim world comes to their defense.
what is the end game ?
if Israel is overwhelmed from all sides, will Israel give up and leave their home land ? - diaspora again x again ?
hell no !
the folks from all sides of Israel should think about this.
Israel can turn those folks home land into glass.

Golda, the lady prime minister in '73 had IDF air force pilots sitting in their warmed up jets loaded with nukes just in case they were about to be overwhemled.

Last edited by phil evans; 11-16-2012 at 14:58..
phil evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 14:56   #23
kirgi08
Silver Membership
Watcher.

Last edited by kirgi08; 11-16-2012 at 14:59..
Old 11-16-2012, 15:09   #24
Spiffums
I.C.P.

It will eventually happen. I personally think that the final war that wraps up Christian Biblical prophesy is Muslim vs Jewish/Christian. But before that happens the US will be disarmed so that time is not yet here.
Old 11-16-2012, 15:47   #25
Patchman
Florist

Quote:
Originally Posted by tslex View Post
Likely true, Bren. Perhaps the only explanation that makes "sense."

But you have to wonder if they have noticed that . . .

. . . the Egyptian military is unlikely to let itself be broken in a new war with Israel, even if the Muslim Brotherhood "leaders" in Egypt were to say they should. (Especially since lost of senior Egyptian Army officers have spent the past 25 years or so harrying, arresting, torturing and disappearing MB leaders.)

. . . the Syrians are busy with a civil war.

. . . the Jordanians have been a US ally and de facto GWOT partner for years. (And more to the point REALLY don't want a new wave of Palestinian refugees.)

. . . Iraq has no meaningful army, let alone any cohesive political will.

. . . the Gulf states all seem to be too busy making money and building indoor ski resorts.

I suppose the idea might be to draw Iran in, but Iran is ALREADY in. Many (most?) of the recent spate of missiles are being launched by Islamic Jihad, essentially a client/proxy of Iran. Perhaps the idea is to distract the Israelis so they forget to bomb the centrifuges? Seems like a poor plan.
I think these missiles are meant to take Iran and Syria off the world's headlines/attention for a while.

Let's see if Syria uses this opportunity to aggressively (and I mean aggressively) go after the rebels. And let's see if Iran uses this opportunity to do a slight-of-hand with their nuclear program. Maybe even crack down on some of their internal political foes/dissidents?

Or it's staged by the new Egyptian president (what's his name) to make himself appear as a peace maker. (In exchange, Hamas gets some sweet $$$ package).

And thank YOU for being perfect, all the time, every time. Go forth and reproduce. We need more of you.

Last edited by Patchman; 11-16-2012 at 15:57..
Patchman is offline   Reply With Quote