Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 11-15-2012, 09:36   #1
Chris Brines

Grip suggestions for Smith and Wesson J Frame (old model 36 - sq. butt)

Here's a pic of my gun. I searched all over for Hogues that fit this but can not find one. Just placed an order for a set of these:

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/335...t-rubber-black

But honestly I'd rather hogues. If anyone knows of any or has any other grip suggestions please let me know.

A pic of the gun is posted below. I honestly don't see how anyone can get a good accurate shot/grip on this gun with a grip that skinny. And my hand hurt like hell after putting about 30 or so rounds downrange. My shots were WAY off too. I have had a snubbie with hogues before, and I know 38's aren't the most accurate shooting guns but I know I can get better shots than I'm getting with better grips. I CC this gun from time to time so I wanna be sure I can hit my target, always.

Gun-Parts & Access.
Chris Brines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 18:51   #2
JC2317

I have the same gun, and the same problem. I purchased the Pachmayr grips when I carried this as a backup gun for many years. For concealed carry I went with Tyler T- Grips.
http://www.t-grips.com/
An aluminum piece that slides in between the wood grips behind the trigger guard. They are not rubber but they do fill your hand a bit more and don't add to the bulk of the gun like the rubber grips do.
I would also be interested to see if anyone else has some better ideas.
Old 11-16-2012, 01:55   #3
Chris Brines

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC2317 View Post
I have the same gun, and the same problem. I purchased the Pachmayr grips when I carried this as a backup gun for many years. For concealed carry I went with Tyler T- Grips.
http://www.t-grips.com/
An aluminum piece that slides in between the wood grips behind the trigger guard. They are not rubber but they do fill your hand a bit more and don't add to the bulk of the gun like the rubber grips do.
I would also be interested to see if anyone else has some better ideas.
So how were the pachmayrs? I've read 2 reviews. One had 5 stars the other had 4. Was the bulkiness your ownly complaint? I think they'll be fine, they don't seem any more bulky than hogues. But then again, I don't really have much experience with either.

Last edited by Chris Brines; 11-16-2012 at 01:57..
Chris Brines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 20:20   #4
JC2317

As far as grip, they are great, makes shooting that little gun a lot easier. For shooting you will love them! A 100% improvement over the wood grips.