GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2012, 19:50   #251
tantrix
J'aimeLouisiane
 
tantrix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Louisiana, CSA
Posts: 9,200
Quote:
Originally Posted by RussP View Post
See now, here's another question you refuse to answer.

Why should, why would this thread be locked? That's two questions.

Why will you not answer the questions...that's a third question.
I don't think it should be locked personally, but everybody on the internet knows most threads on GT don't get to run very far (or maybe it's just GNG).



Quote:
Originally Posted by RussP View Post
That's a good thing for you to keep in mind wherever you are...
Right on the Atchafalaya Basin...I can walk about 30yds or so and be in my boat.


ETA- I took a pic inside my PPV on the way home today, and even one when I tossed my duty belt down on the floor...but I couldn't post either...this thread was just too fun (and everyone is still being *****) so I'm kind of glad I didn't.

Last edited by tantrix; 11-14-2012 at 20:19..
tantrix is offline  
Old 11-14-2012, 20:01   #252
trdvet
Senior Member
 
trdvet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Watching You.....
Posts: 2,000
Quote:
Originally Posted by tantrix
I hope you don't run your mouth wreckless like that everywhere, you do it to the wrong person here...nobody will ever see you leave the "swamp", you can believe that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cochese View Post
Indeed.
__________________
Disclaimer: The opinions given DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. By viewing this post you agree to indemnify myself and my employing agency and hold them harmless from all claims and damages.
trdvet is offline  
Old 11-14-2012, 20:04   #253
GumbyDammit
Xtra CoCheese
 
GumbyDammit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Not nearly close enough to Fiji
Posts: 3,728
This thread is reminiscent of grinding ones way through a juicy foot long Philly cheese steak……………………. and then finding a band aid in the last two inches.

I'm going to forgo the big commentary I started and just say: Cop or no cop (and I don't believe for a minute he is a real cop in any way, shape or form), one thing is definitely clear, he is by all accounts (except his own) definitely a

Cop Talk

BTW Russ, not name calling, simply making an observation.
__________________
The other night there was a loud argument in the hall outside my apartment while I was trying to sleep. I went out and told them they better leave or I was gonna use some Kung-Fu... THAT scared them off...

Plus I was totally nekkid and holding a gun.

Last edited by GumbyDammit; 11-14-2012 at 22:54..
GumbyDammit is offline  
Old 11-14-2012, 20:07   #254
RussP
Moderator
 
RussP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Central Virginia
Posts: 42,724
Blog Entries: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by tantrix View Post
I don't think it should be locked personally, but everybody on the internet knows most threads on GT don't get to run very far (or maybe it's just GNG).
You need to get out more often.
__________________
Freedom has a taste to those who fight and almost die, that the protected will never know.

"Comment is free, but facts are sacred." C.P. Scott, 1921
RussP is offline  
Old 11-14-2012, 20:08   #255
tantrix
J'aimeLouisiane
 
tantrix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Louisiana, CSA
Posts: 9,200
Quote:
Originally Posted by RussP View Post
You need to get out more often.
You haven't been by GNG recently, have you?
tantrix is offline  
Old 11-14-2012, 20:09   #256
RussP
Moderator
 
RussP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Central Virginia
Posts: 42,724
Blog Entries: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by tantrix View Post
Right on the Atchafalaya Basin...I can walk about 30yds or so and be in my boat.
Good for you. I have to drive mile or so...
__________________
Freedom has a taste to those who fight and almost die, that the protected will never know.

"Comment is free, but facts are sacred." C.P. Scott, 1921
RussP is offline  
Old 11-14-2012, 20:09   #257
RussP
Moderator
 
RussP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Central Virginia
Posts: 42,724
Blog Entries: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by tantrix View Post
You haven't been by GNG recently, have you?
All the time...
__________________
Freedom has a taste to those who fight and almost die, that the protected will never know.

"Comment is free, but facts are sacred." C.P. Scott, 1921
RussP is offline  
Old 11-14-2012, 20:12   #258
South Fla
©South Fla 2014
 
South Fla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Duh...
Posts: 6,364
Quote:
Originally Posted by tantrix
I hope you don't run your mouth reckless like that everywhere, you do it to the wrong person here...nobody will ever see you leave the "swamp", you can believe that.
That sounds like a veiled threat to me.

Anybody else...?
South Fla is offline  
Old 11-14-2012, 20:13   #259
RussP
Moderator
 
RussP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Central Virginia
Posts: 42,724
Blog Entries: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by tantrix View Post
ETA- I took a pic inside my PPV on the way home today, and even one when I tossed my duty belt down on the floor...but I couldn't post either...this thread was just too fun (and everyone is still being dicks) so I'm kind of glad I didn't.
Now, you're trolling, calling people names. Please, don't make me put my moderator hat on.
__________________
Freedom has a taste to those who fight and almost die, that the protected will never know.

"Comment is free, but facts are sacred." C.P. Scott, 1921
RussP is offline  
Old 11-14-2012, 20:15   #260
BMG22
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 325
Quote:
Originally Posted by South Fla View Post
That sounds like a veiled threat to me.

Anybody else...?
I was thinking the same thing...
__________________
BMG22

Have the G22 (x2), G23, G27, G35.....want the G17, G24 (do I need to mention the G25 and G28?)
Autobots! Transform and roll out!
BMG22 is offline  
Old 11-14-2012, 20:16   #261
tantrix
J'aimeLouisiane
 
tantrix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Louisiana, CSA
Posts: 9,200
Quote:
Originally Posted by RussP View Post
Good for you. I have to drive mile or so...
Way farther than that to be on the basin. You can run out of fuel on the outboard before even beginning to touch the other side...it's massive.


Quote:
Originally Posted by South Fla View Post
That sounds like a veiled threat to me.

Anybody else...?
Ah, no...what I meant by that is it's happened down here many times over the years. We're talking over 1,000,000 sq miles...it makes the Everglades look like a mudhole in your driveway.


Quote:
Originally Posted by RussP View Post
Now, you're trolling, calling people names. Please, don't make me put my moderator hat on.
Well, in my defense they were. But you're right...no name calling, I'll edit my post.

Last edited by tantrix; 11-14-2012 at 20:25..
tantrix is offline  
Old 11-14-2012, 20:34   #262
TMNKWD
Senior Member
 
TMNKWD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: St. Louis, Missouri
Posts: 196
Move along, nothing to see here.

As enjoyable as it may be, if everyone stops posting about him he'll move on.
TMNKWD is offline  
Old 11-14-2012, 20:40   #263
RussP
Moderator
 
RussP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Central Virginia
Posts: 42,724
Blog Entries: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by tantrix View Post
Matter of fact, if you want you can lock this thing down right now and I'll be fine...
Quote:
Originally Posted by tantrix View Post
I don't think it should be locked personally,
You should remember what you posted earlier.
__________________
Freedom has a taste to those who fight and almost die, that the protected will never know.

"Comment is free, but facts are sacred." C.P. Scott, 1921
RussP is offline  
Old 11-14-2012, 20:45   #264
tantrix
J'aimeLouisiane
 
tantrix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Louisiana, CSA
Posts: 9,200
Quote:
Originally Posted by RussP View Post
You should remember what you posted earlier.
I just mean I wouldn't lose sleep over it or anything. Honestly, I hate when any thread is locked on here.
tantrix is offline  
Old 11-14-2012, 20:51   #265
RussP
Moderator
 
RussP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Central Virginia
Posts: 42,724
Blog Entries: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by tantrix View Post
Ah, no...what I meant by that is it's happened down here many times over the years. We're talking over 1,000,000 sq miles...it makes the Everglades look like a mudhole in your driveway.
Not what you said, nor how you said it, nor in the context...

For someone in LE, you are really careless with your words. Does your cousin the Sheriff know what you say on the internet?
__________________
Freedom has a taste to those who fight and almost die, that the protected will never know.

"Comment is free, but facts are sacred." C.P. Scott, 1921
RussP is offline  
Old 11-14-2012, 20:55   #266
JuneyBooney
Senior Member
 
JuneyBooney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 15,482
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanIhaveGasCash View Post
Sounds like I missed something good.
There are people who "are" but claim not to be and then there are people who claim to be who are "not". I guess we missed something.

Most bench warrants are issued when someone supposedly is notified of a court date and does not show up. But these are recalled most of the time if the person calls in and then because most are from the Sheriff and not the police the leo get special immunities from suit. This applies in most jurisdiction.
JuneyBooney is offline  
Old 11-14-2012, 20:56   #267
tantrix
J'aimeLouisiane
 
tantrix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Louisiana, CSA
Posts: 9,200
Quote:
Originally Posted by RussP View Post
Not what you said, nor how you said it, nor in the context...

For someone in LE, you are really careless with your words. Does your cousin the Sheriff know what you say on the internet?
Yes, that was the context...what, do you think I have a stash of bodies I've hid out here personally?

And, the sheriff has bigger problems than what his deputies are doing on random internet forums. Everybody has a life outside of work, even in LE (well, I take that back...not some on here).

Last edited by tantrix; 11-14-2012 at 20:58..
tantrix is offline  
Old 11-14-2012, 21:19   #268
RussP
Moderator
 
RussP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Central Virginia
Posts: 42,724
Blog Entries: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by tantrix View Post
Yes, that was the context...what, do you think I have a stash of bodies I've hid out here personally?
Maybe in the same place you illegally dump fluids from your vehicles.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tantrix View Post
And, the sheriff has bigger problems than what his deputies are doing on random internet forums. Everybody has a life outside of work, even in LE (well, I take that back...not some on here).
You do not know the cops on here. That's your first and biggest problem.

Some of these guys have had and do have issues with each other, big issues. But, when one of them has problems, personal, job, whatever, they pull together, cover each other's back during the crisis. Afterwards, sometimes, they renewed the pissing contests. But, when the SHTF, we are not alone.

You do not come across as one to rely on to cover your LE brother. You come across as being all about you, the professional MMA fighter who loves the attention in the center of the cage. You've been fighting professionally since you were a teen. How do you train as a full time professional fighter and hold down a full time LE job? What was your priority?

Why did you get into law enforcement, anyway?
__________________
Freedom has a taste to those who fight and almost die, that the protected will never know.

"Comment is free, but facts are sacred." C.P. Scott, 1921
RussP is offline  
Old 11-14-2012, 21:36   #269
tantrix
J'aimeLouisiane
 
tantrix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Louisiana, CSA
Posts: 9,200
Quote:
Originally Posted by RussP View Post
You do not know the cops on here. That's your first and biggest problem.
And I said exactly that earlier...they also don't know me.


Quote:
Originally Posted by RussP View Post
Some of these guys have had and do have issues with each other, big issues. But, when one of them has problems, personal, job, whatever, they pull together, cover each other's back during the crisis. Afterwards, sometimes, they renewed the pissing contests. But, when the SHTF, we are not alone.
I don't know what you're getting at here...I didn't ask for anything from any LEO here, nor do I expect it. If you're referring to the thin blue line, well...I hold that on a professional level in real life, not random strangers on the internet I don't know from Adam.


Quote:
Originally Posted by RussP View Post
You do not come across as one to rely on to cover your LE brother. You come across as being all about you, the professional MMA fighter who loves the attention in the center of the cage. You've been fighting professionally since you were a teen. How do you train as a full time professional fighter and hold down a full time LE job? What was your priority?

Why did you get into law enforcement, anyway?
My personal life and professional life don't mix, ever. I learned to separate the two long ago. When I am working, I do what needs to be done, no question. Not all LEO's get along, there's more than a few officers I know that will work together seamlessly if they have to, but off the clock they'd be happy to beat each other's faces in...that's just life.

And, I already stated earlier I have retired from MMA, most definitely permanently...I have not had a bout since March of 2011. My priority had always been MMA, then after kids and a full-time job it became too much risk and not enough reward. I got into law enforcement because I'm good at it, not because I agree with every single thing I have to do. Some (most) LEO's won't admit to such a thing, even here. But, just because I took the job doesn't mean I throw my beliefs in the trash.

Either way, I still don't hold anything against anybody here in Cop Talk...I don't know any of you personally, and I'm a grown-ass man. I've been punched, kicked, kneed, and elbowed in the face countless times...even shot at...which is more than the 98% of the people on this forum can say. I think I'll be ok.

And yes, despite the schoolyard bully attitude of most here...I'd still have any of your backs if it came down to it, LEO or civilian.

Last edited by tantrix; 11-14-2012 at 21:49..
tantrix is offline  
Old 11-14-2012, 22:07   #270
Rabbi
Lifetime Membership
The Bombdiggity
 
Rabbi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: San AntonioTexas
Posts: 29,913


Quote:
Originally Posted by tantrix View Post
And I said exactly that earlier...they also don't know me.




I don't know what you're getting at here...I didn't ask for anything from any LEO here, nor do I expect it. If you're referring to the thin blue line, well...I hold that on a professional level in real life, not random strangers on the internet I don't know from Adam.




My personal life and professional life don't mix, ever. I learned to separate the two long ago. When I am working, I do what needs to be done, no question. Not all LEO's get along, there's more than a few officers I know that will work together seamlessly if they have to, but off the clock they'd be happy to beat each other's faces in...that's just life.

And, I already stated earlier I have retired from MMA, most definitely permanently...I have not had a bout since March of 2011. My priority had always been MMA, then after kids and a full-time job it became too much risk and not enough reward. I got into law enforcement because I'm good at it, not because I agree with every single thing I have to do. Some (most) LEO's won't admit to such a thing, even here. But, just because I took the job doesn't mean I throw my beliefs in the trash.

Either way, I still don't hold anything against anybody here in Cop Talk...I don't know any of you personally, and I'm a grown-ass man. I've been punched, kicked, kneed, and elbowed in the face countless times...even shot at...which is more than the 98% of the people on this forum can say. I think I'll be ok.

And yes, despite the schoolyard bully attitude of most here...I'd still have any of your backs if it came down to it, LEO or civilian.
That is sweet and all but this is part of your MO.

You say stupid crap....really stupid crap. You actually believe it, you hold on as long as you can, then when everyone dog piles you and in post after post blaming everyone else, you try to play the likable guy but you suck at that because it is still all about you and the flaws in everyone else.

I dont give a crap what you do, but I know exactly what you are.
__________________
In the world to come, each of us will be called to account for all the good things G-d put on earth which we refused to enjoy. ~ The Babylonian Talmud

Whenever you get mad as hell about it all, grab your rifle and head outside. If you are the only one there...it's not time yet

I cross my heart and hope not to die. Swallow evil, ride the sky. Lose myself in a crowded room. You fool, you fool, it will be here soon

Last edited by Rabbi; 11-14-2012 at 22:08..
Rabbi is offline  
Old 11-14-2012, 22:20   #271
Al Czervik
My arm!
 
Al Czervik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Bushwood
Posts: 1,687













I put some Tabasco on it to be in the regional spirit.
Al Czervik is offline  
Old 11-14-2012, 22:36   #272
GRIMLET
Deceased
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,813
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Czervik View Post













I put some Tabasco on it to be in the regional spirit.
Crystals......


Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
GRIMLET is offline  
Old 11-14-2012, 22:52   #273
Ohio Copper
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: In the hood
Posts: 3,965
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11A View Post
So, after reading all of this I have come to believe that tantrix is hoping that the thread will get locked so he can claim that he would have posted his credentials, but couldn't.

Or, it could be that he is getting off of the fact that he (for once) is the center of attention.

...or, it could be both?


Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
You can verify for me, correct?


Lol


Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Ohio Copper is offline  
Old 11-14-2012, 22:55   #274
tantrix
J'aimeLouisiane
 
tantrix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Louisiana, CSA
Posts: 9,200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbi View Post
That is sweet and all but this is part of your MO.

You say stupid crap....really stupid crap. You actually believe it, you hold on as long as you can, then when everyone dog piles you and in post after post blaming everyone else, you try to play the likable guy but you suck at that because it is still all about you and the flaws in everyone else.

I dont give a crap what you do, but I know exactly what you are.
I agree, 110%.

http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/show...&postcount=194
tantrix is offline  
Old 11-14-2012, 23:12   #275
metal
Senior Member
 
metal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Not quite Detroit
Posts: 637
Quote:
Originally Posted by tantrix View Post
You keep saying you're going away but here you are...
__________________
"You can't arrest me because ___________", hilarity ensues....
metal is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 16:09.



Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 1,248
363 Members
885 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,244
Nov 11, 2013 at 11:42