Best Melee weapons to stockpile?
I know that this is a gun forum, but this is a survival sub-forum.
There are many conceivable events where a person MIGHT need a melee weapon to survive, if things get bad enough.
1) You somehow get separated from your firearms and/or ammo in a SHTF event.
2) The government confiscates your firearms and/or ammo, and it is not prudent to resist at that moment (for whatever reason),
3) Your firearms and/or ammo get destroyed (flood, fire, etc).
3) Your firearms break, or crucial parts/accessories break.
4) You eventually run out of ammo, in a prolonged SHTF.
5) Your firearms and/or ammo get stolen.
6) You need a melee weapon to defend yourself without making lots of noise.
7) You need to take weapons into "gun-free" zones.
These are all potentially valid reasons, however unlikely. You can probably think of other scenarios as well.
Now, I've never really owned or researched any modern melee weapons, aside from small folding knives.
What kind of melee weapons would it make sense to stockpile? Are there better types for different situations?
I want the most effective, most practical, most deadly choices. Nothing unnecessarily fancy or expensive.
Last edited by Landmonster; 11-14-2012 at 20:15..