Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Closed Thread

Old 11-14-2012, 16:14   #181
TBO
CLM Number 122
Why so serious?

How many Cops wounded?

"If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters".

"A person who won't reason has no advantage over one who can't reason."

"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored."

“Ignorance is a lot like alcohol: the more you have of it, the less you are able to see its effect on you.”

Originally Posted by Rooster Rugburn:
Didn't the whole sheepdog thing actually start right here on Glock Talk? A bunch of wannabees bought a bunch of T-shirts and took an oath to defend those who won't defend themselves?
Old 11-14-2012, 16:14   #182
tantrix
J'aimeLouisiane

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBO View Post
How many Cops wounded?
I don't remember, but all were from Alex PD. None of the deputies (I think there were 3 there total when the shooting happened) were wounded.

Here's a very accurate account of what went down:

http://www.rbvincent.com/alextragedy.htm

Last edited by tantrix; 11-14-2012 at 16:17..
Old 11-14-2012, 16:27   #183
Rabbi
Lifetime Membership
The Bombdiggity

Quote:
Originally Posted by tantrix View Post
I don't remember, but all were from Alex PD. None of the deputies (I think there were 3 there total when the shooting happened) were wounded.

Here's a very accurate account of what went down:

http://www.rbvincent.com/alextragedy.htm
You were involved in a line of duty gun fight, as an LEO, where LEO's were killed and your squad took rounds, in a smallish community, where the ones who were killed were "your buddies." You are also still an LEO in the same place.

....and you dont remember names? (and thus numbers)

Whenever you get mad as hell about it all, grab your rifle and head outside. If you are the only one there...it's not time yet

"Few men desire liberty; most men wish only for a just master." - Sallust

Last edited by Rabbi; 11-14-2012 at 16:29..
Old 11-14-2012, 16:27   #184
Mayhem like Me
Semper Paratus

Quote:
I wouldn't be talking about rookies when you should know that a traffic stop of any kind is automatically traffic/vehicle related...that's why it's called a traffic stop. What do people use for transportation there, spaceships??

I speed, sure. In my own vehicles and my PPV...but I don't roll stop signs unless I absolutely need to, and when I do I flash my overheads...that is no lie. And I'm talking about rolling stop signs as in barely even slowing down...not like the OP in the other thread likely got cited for, as in his wheels never stopped turning completely.

Now you're getting cold...
No. Traffic stop deaths are not traffic related unless the officer is killed by vehicle impact..

Manner of death is the benchmark...

Again you show your complete ignorance.

Blowing a stop sign and rolling it are two different things a real cop knows this...

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Old 11-14-2012, 16:31   #185
Mayhem like Me
Semper Paratus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbi View Post
You were involved in a line of duty gun fight, as an LEO, where LEO's were killed and your squad took rounds, in a smallish community, where the ones who were killed were "your buddies." You are also still an LEO in the same place.

....and you dont remember names? (and thus numbers)
Stop making sense.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Old 11-14-2012, 16:34   #186
2-8 Marine
Limp Member

Quote:
My shift isn't over for another 6 hours, but I got a few minutes to rant. I'm not Rabbi, I can't work 12 hour shifts while simultaneously hanging out on GT all day arguing semantics with everyone.

The offer was always there for him to just ask if he wanted to know, but after double-checking, one of the people asking to begin with was the OP. Ask for an ORI check, then try to stir **** in Cop Talk? If you needed any more proof as to why I don't visit here, there you go...now I don't really care about providing anything if people are going to be dicks about it. Yet another thing that is annoying as hell about the LEO's here...they just can't stand it when they don't know something, or are being denied info. Unlike most, I don't really care about my internet 'street cred' as much as you guys do.

Thread on GT...check.
Rabbi...check.
Semantics...check.

I don't know how you find the time man, seriously.

Cop Talk...the only place where you're challenged by both rookies and overweight retired detectives. You guys crack me up sometimes. Ok, back to work at my top-secret job that requires ridiculously high intelligence.
Okay! I stayed out of this until that crack. Do we know each other?

There are three types of people in the world; those that can count and those that can't.

Last edited by 2-8 Marine; 11-14-2012 at 16:35..
Old 11-14-2012, 16:34   #187
BL33D 4 M3
SDMF

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydl View Post
This was kinda fun for awhile, but I think a line was crossed when we had to start pulling up LODD's to try and debunk the stupidity that this thread has become.

Regardless of any proof either way, I can't help but agree with everything Rabbi said here. tantrix I think you got yourself in over your head here.

Unsubscribed.
While I agree, I also feel like if he is a poser the stakes have gone up based on the invocation of 2 line of duty deaths as "proof".

I have passively followed this until now. If he is outted as a fake, some locals need to either make his non-sworn job go away or review with a prosecutor.

Last edited by BL33D 4 M3; 11-14-2012 at 16:37..
Old 11-14-2012, 16:37   #188
Rabbi
Lifetime Membership
The Bombdiggity

Quote:
Originally Posted by BL33D 4 M3 View Post
While I agree, I also feel like if he is a poser the stakes have gone up based on the invocation of 2 line of duty deaths as "proof".
See, even if he is not a poser, no matter what technicality he pulls or is flat out a full time road cop...

It still doesnt change the questions:

What the hell is wrong with you?

Why dont you know such basic things?

Do you not realize that you project?

Why do you want to be seen in this way by your brothers?

Among other things...

Whenever you get mad as hell about it all, grab your rifle and head outside. If you are the only one there...it's not time yet

Old 11-14-2012, 16:45   #189
blueiron

Instead of using third party professional news stories as evidence, he offers a personal blogsite as proof.
Old 11-14-2012, 16:45   #190
4949shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydl View Post
This was kinda fun for awhile, but I think a line was crossed when we had to start pulling up LODD's to try and debunk the stupidity that this thread has become.

Regardless of any proof either way, I can't help but agree with everything Rabbi said here. tantrix I think you got yourself in over your head here.

Unsubscribed.
Absolutely.
Old 11-14-2012, 16:48   #191
tantrix
J'aimeLouisiane

Quote:
Originally Posted by BL33D 4 M3 View Post

I have passively followed this until now. If he is outted as a fake, some locals need to either make his non-sworn job go away or review with a prosecutor.
I never said that was "proof", because it isn't.

And if you want to take people's jobs for being fakes, I'd recommend the Navy SEAL fakes...that seems to be the one everyone goes with.

Anyway, I'm about to hit the road home...I'm tired and my back hurts. I promised myself I wouldn't hang around here for more than 1 day, so you guys have fun and stay safe out there.
Old 11-14-2012, 16:50   #192
Rabbi
Lifetime Membership
The Bombdiggity

Quote:

And if you want to take people's jobs for being fakes, I'd recommend the Navy SEAL fakes...that seems to be the one everyone goes with.

Anyway, I'm about to hit the road home...I'm tired and my back hurts. I promised myself I wouldn't hang around here for more than 1 day, so you guys have fun and stay safe out there.
And there you have it folks.

Someone who is anti-cop now feels like he got one over on a bunch of cops.

It doesnt work that way, you actually just made yourself look like what YOU are.

Again, good luck and get well.

Old 11-14-2012, 16:50   #193
Morris
CLM Number
Charter Lifetime Member

Welp, more popcorn coming up. This is getting better by the post.

Certified Glock Armorer
Certified M&P Armorer

Say NO! to Washington I-594
Old 11-14-2012, 16:52   #194
tantrix
J'aimeLouisiane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbi View Post
And there you have it folks.

Someone who is anti-cop now feels like he got one over on a bunch of cops.

It doesnt work that way, you actually just made yourself look like what YOU are.

Again, good luck and get well.

Whatever you think is right Rabbi...at this point, I agree. I don't even care what you type....for the rest of this thread's life, I'll agree with you.

Bye everyone.
Old 11-14-2012, 16:55   #195
golls17
Lifetime Newbie

Thanks, Cochese for picking that up for the rest of us. As mentioned before, it still doesn't prove that he actually works there. the only way I'll be able to I think is if I drive down there, get caught speeding, and ask for his GT username for verification purposes.

Sent from my Sprint Milky Way Galaxy S...
Remember every day that you don't train or workout, a bad guy does.
Formerly gollbladder13
Old 11-14-2012, 16:57   #196
r3dot

Don't be a quitter, tantrix.
Old 11-14-2012, 16:58   #197
Kelo6

Tantrix,

While I assume from your last post that you won't read this, I don't care. I'm getting this off my chest.

I read both of the threads, and the fact that you would invoke 2 LODD to promote this ridiculous masquerade is insulting to those who serve their communities as LEOs. It is even more insulting to those who have given their lives in that line of work, and doubly insulting to those who you claim were your "SWAT buddies."

If you are indeed a LEO, the fact that you would do so and use your fallen friends in that manner is even more terrifying and despicable.

Regardless of your LEO status, you, sir, are a disgrace.

PM a mod with your credentials or shut the **** up.

Last edited by Kelo6; 11-14-2012 at 17:02..
Old 11-14-2012, 17:03   #198
Kingarthurhk
Isaiah 53:4-9

I honestly don't know why someone would want to claim to be an LEO and not be. I guess from the outside it is glamorous? Too much TV? In reality it is just a PITA.
Old 11-14-2012, 17:06   #199
Rabbi
Lifetime Membership
The Bombdiggity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingarthurhk View Post
I honestly don't know why someone would want to claim to be an LEO and not be. I guess from the outside it is glamorous? Too much TV? In reality it is just a PITA.
Whatever the motive is (and there are a few key ones, and I think most LEOs know this) there are a lot of people who make such claims.

We need to resurrect the great whacker thread.

Old 11-14-2012, 17:07   #200
BL33D 4 M3
SDMF

Quote:

Navy Seals and fake Navy Seals have nothing to do with this discussion.

If you were involved as a first responder in an ambush that resulted in two officer deaths at the hands of an AK wielding offender, then in my book (which matters very little) you have paid your dues and deserve the deference and respect of all of us.

If on the other hand you have misrepresented yourself here, and are in fact a non-sworn dispatcher, service officer or reserve/auxiliary...then you should face the music in a very public and painful way.

This is just my $.02.

Closed Thread