Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 11-14-2012, 12:20   #1
Osborne
NRA Member

Send a message via Skype™ to Osborne
This happened at a Walmart near me...

Was watching some movie trailers, when I seen this on the side under the "more from YouTube" tab.

6 days and 4 million views....

Last edited by Osborne; 11-14-2012 at 12:20..
Osborne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 12:28   #2
NeverMore1701
Platinum Membership
Fear no evil.

Where's that thread about people being too stupid to employ?
For the last time
NeverMore1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 12:35   #3
ted1

Wow what a bunch of idiots I hope someone saw that and they got the ax.

Sent from my AT300
ted1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 12:38   #4
jfost11

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDO View Post
Was watching some movie trailers, when I seen this on the side under the "more from YouTube" tab.

Walmart Employees Throwing iPads - YouTube

6 days and 4 million views....
And with over a million employed by the company, someone is bound to recognize them.

The video also displays why the company's logistics division treats potential store transfers like someone off the street.

Last edited by jfost11; 11-14-2012 at 12:44..
jfost11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 12:49   #5
Adjuster

Not buyin it. Spoof, scam or other. No way is that a WalMart receiving, warehousing area.

/
Adjuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 12:51   #6
Osborne
NRA Member

Send a message via Skype™ to Osborne
It really makes me mad too, this area has been devastated by unemployment/poverty, there's not much work around here. And its gotten MUCH worse since Obama/EPA have killed off the coal mines... and you have jerk offs like these taking the jobs....

I've been trying to find a part time job for a while now to supplement my gun hobby I took up at the beginning of this year, and have been pretty unsuccessful yet people like this always can find jobs pretty easy?

Last edited by Osborne; 11-14-2012 at 12:52..
Osborne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 12:51   #7
arclight610

That's because Wal-Mart only employs the best and the brightest
arclight610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 12:53   #8
Dennis in MA
Get off my lawn

You know, if Obama would make WalMart provide part-time help with health insurance, this wouldn't happen.
Old 11-14-2012, 12:56   #9
TK-421

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDO View Post
It really makes me mad too, this area has been devastated by unemployment/poverty, there's not much work around here. And its gotten MUCH worse since Obama/EPA have killed off the coal mines... and you have jerk offs like these taking the jobs....

I've been trying to find a part time job for a while now to supplement my gun hobby I took up at the beginning of this year, and have been pretty unsuccessful yet people like this always can find jobs pretty easy?
And this video is the exact reason why the McDonald's where I used to work wouldn't hire you unless you had a college degree. They realize that people with college degrees who are willing to work at McDonald's are generally people with families who are desperate for money, and they will work their ass off to make sure they have a job, and that they keep it too. The only reason Walmart hasn't done the same, is the fact that there aren't enough college educated people willing to work at a Walmart.
TK-421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 13:01   #10
jfost11

Apparently, it happened in August and the highly intelligent lads have already been let go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adjuster View Post
Not buyin it. Spoof, scam or other. No way is that a WalMart receiving, warehousing area.

/
That actually looks very much like the back of a store. It's mainly just a receiving area since there is very little space for a "warehousing area" in the back of most stores. If you've ever seen storage containers sitting outside somewhere in the parking lot, that's where the layaway was/is stored. There's no room inside for it. Having spent two years walking through one, I believe it.
jfost11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 13:01   #11
Steel Head
Tactical Cat

MORONS

That's got to make Apple and Walmart execs happy.
Old 11-14-2012, 13:01   #12
RenoF250

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK-421 View Post
And this video is the exact reason why the McDonald's where I used to work wouldn't hire you unless you had a college degree. They realize that people with college degrees who are willing to work at McDonald's are generally people with families who are desperate for money, and they will work their ass off to make sure they have a job, and that they keep it too. The only reason Walmart hasn't done the same, is the fact that there aren't enough college educated people willing to work at a Walmart.
Or they are resentful that they have a degree and they are still working at McDonalds. This kind of stupid comes in all flavors and education levels.
RenoF250 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 13:04   #13
TK-421

Quote:
Originally Posted by RenoF250 View Post
Or they are resentful that they have a degree and they are still working at McDonalds. This kind of stupid comes in all flavors and education levels.
The resentful comes later on, when they've been there for a long time, but I'm sure the turn over rate is lower with college educated people than it is with high school kids, at least when there are no other jobs available. That happened back when it was nasty, and jobs were extremely scarce. Back when some places would have 5-10 openings, and get 2,000-3,000 applications. Now that it's gotten a bit better I'm sure it's much different.
Old 11-14-2012, 13:50   #14
Adjuster

What does a McDonalds manager make per year these days? I think I remember hearing several years ago that it was a pretty good gig.

/
Adjuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 14:02   #15
TK-421

Quote:
What does a McDonalds manager make per year these days? I think I remember hearing several years ago that it was a pretty good gig.

/
$40k according to this site. http://www.glassdoor.com/Salary/McDo..._D_KO11,24.htm

$28k according to this site. http://www.careerleak.com/salaries/mcdonalds/manager/

This site says up to $48k/year in the Atlanta, Georgia area.
http://www.fastfoodmanagers.us/
Old 11-14-2012, 14:13   #16
el_jewapo

When will people learn to quit putting their dumb ass exploits on the internet?
el_jewapo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 14:13   #17
TheExplorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by arclight610 View Post
That's because Wal-Mart only employs the best and the brightest
There are members here who lost their jobs who are now working there.
TheExplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 15:19   #18
clancy

There is absolutely nothing that a Walmart employee could do that would surprise me. My local Walmart had one employee who stole over $500,000 in an 18 month period before she was caught. Last year another was caught with over $100,000 worth of tv's, computers and other electronic gear in his garage. When I went to pick up the Black Ops 2 yesterday morning I overheard 2 employees talk about how another employee stole 200 Black Ops 2 games, and didn't get caught. They thought it funny.
clancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 15:49   #19
JimBianchi
CLM Number 25
Da Da

Quote:

/
Friend of mine here in Vegas is the store manager for a SuperStore.

He's been with Walmart for 20 years, his base salary is $80K, he works 60+hrs a week.

His bonus is tied to store performance, largely based on percentage of growth from year to year, overall sales and total per-store profit and a few other things.

His 2010 bonus was $125K, before taxes.
SAF

The scariest words in the English language: I'm from the government and I'm here to help! President Ronald Reagan

Last edited by JimBianchi; 11-14-2012 at 15:50.. Reason: sp
JimBianchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 15:59   #20
Cmacc

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimBianchi View Post
Friend of mine here in Vegas is the store manager for a SuperStore.

He's been with Walmart for 20 years, his base salary is $80K, he works 60+hrs a week.

His bonus is tied to store performance, largely based on percentage of growth from year to year, overall sales and total per-store profit and a few other things.

His 2010 bonus was $125K, before taxes.
Buddy of mine was a Walmart Superstore general manager and he made similar. Transferred to a Walmart Pharmacy regional manager position, did NOT take a pay cut.
Old 11-14-2012, 16:12   #21
Hamilton Burger
Incompetent

I like the linked video of the woman wearing fake glasses who bought a fake ipad.
Old 11-14-2012, 16:46   #22
JW1178

I have ZERO sympathy for Walmart.

It is amazing how in this economy, where people are desparate for jobs, how so many do things like this. However, companies know this and treat employees badly. Supply vs. Demand, there is a demand for jobs that are in short supply.

Lead by example. The management treated the employees like crap, so they treat the merchandise like crap. It's a proven fact, you treat your employees like crap, so will go the way of your production.

It's these right wing nutjobs that get management positions who want to walk around going all Drill Instructor on their employees, firing people. See someone working hard, well that's what they are paid to do, so you find something negative if you can, or you just leave them alone. "Working hard, he better be". Then you want them to be all positive and put on a smile and give great customer service. It just doesn't work.
JW1178 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 17:12   #23
janice6
Platinum Membership
NRA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis in MA View Post
You know, if Obama would make WalMart provide part-time help with health insurance, this wouldn't happen.

It's too late. Walmart should have provided the health care to the pregnant mother before she delivered.

This is the result of a botched pregnancy.

"Peace is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". Anonymous

Earp: Not everyone who knows you hates you.
DOC: I know it ain't always easy bein' my friend....but I'll BE THERE when you need me.
janice6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 17:40   #24
pizza_pablo
USN Retired

Watch it! My MIL works at Wally's World and I like her.

Anyways, the heck with fired, those dumb bunnies shoulda went to jail.
Old 11-14-2012, 17:49   #25
Ruggles

Dumb ***** young kids doing something stupid at work. Been going on....forever. Only thing new is the presence of video cell phones in the workplace thus recordings of it on internet sites.

Not a reflection Wal-Mart or Apple IMO.

Also love it on when folks slam on honest working people at places like Wal-Mart as some kind of sub-human idiots. The guys in the video are idiots but to negatively generalize everyone who works there is a stupid thing to do.
Ruggles is offline   Reply With Quote