Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Closed Thread

Old 11-14-2012, 13:50   #141
tantrix
J'aimeLouisiane

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockapede View Post
Some thoughts: We're talking about an armed robber, correct? How is there just as much of a chance of getting shot on a "routine" traffic stop? That's why it's called a felony or "high risk" stop: because armed robbers are high risk! I've never, ever met an officer who treats known, high risk stops the same way they treat stopping the Taurus with a tail light out. I really hope that isn't what you meant to say, because any cop that does is, frankly, stupid.

Second, who said anything about sneaking right up on somebody's bumper? Have you ever actually followed someone?
Sure, I'm not denying a felony stop is likely more dangerous..but, like I said DV calls are more frequent and often just as dangerous as any felony stop, so...well. I don't know about you but I treat every encounter with strangers as a possible threat...because that's just reality. Are you trying to say more officers are killed on felony stops as opposed to routine traffic stops? Because that's...false.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wprebeck View Post
The thread in the divorced daddy forum. You know, the one in which someone using the same location and screenname as you do here posted a question about having a bench warrant issued because his employer didn't properly garnish his wages.

I suppose it could be a coincidence, but I don't much believe in such happenings.
The only kids I have live with me. I just checked on what you're talking about and that's my brother who was was staying with me at the time (who has since gotten all that straight last time I heard). I made the account for him, and let him put in his own password (which is why I couldn't log in myself). But I know about all that now anyway, he talked to me about it later.

I'm sure most of you were hoping it was me...sorry to disappoint.

Last edited by tantrix; 11-14-2012 at 13:54..
Old 11-14-2012, 13:52   #142
series1811
CLM Number
Enforcerator.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueiron View Post
They are on my State's accident form, the State arrest disposition form, our booking forms, and the like. Pretty common for us, though I can barely recall the Fed one I used to know.

The more an agency is automated, I would suspect that it would be needed less. Feds use it less than State or locals do.
I used to see it on our fingerprint cards. That was about it. Then we went to the electronic thinga majiggy (technical term) where you just scanned them into the machine and I don't think I saw it much after that.
Old 11-14-2012, 14:07   #143
golls17
Lifetime Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dac1204 View Post
While I am not a cop my brother and his wife are. I took the liberty of doing some research for this thread since he will not answer the question.

There are only four sheriffs' in his state (assuming hes telling the truth about that) that have been in off for 16 years. That is how long he said his cousin had been sheriff. Here they are.

ASCENSION PARISH
JEFFREY WILEY
1996 YEAR ASSUMED OFFICE

MADISON PARISH
LARRY COX
1996 YEAR ASSUMED OFFICE

ST CHARLES PARISH
GREG CHAMPAGNE
1996 YEAR ASSUMED OFFICE

ST TAMMANY PARISH
JACK STRAIN
1996 YEAR ASSUMED OFFICE

So now he just needs to tell us what county again. I narrowed it down to these four.

You made it too easy. Now he has a 25% chance of guessing right.

For the record, I never even made it past "rookie" status, and I can still smell you BS through my wifi. Forget the popcorn. Pass the Fabreeze...
My comments are my own opinions and are not intended to be interpreted as the position of my department.

Last edited by golls17; 11-14-2012 at 14:16..
Old 11-14-2012, 14:10   #144
golls17
Lifetime Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tantrix View Post
Are you trying to say more officers are killed on felony stops as opposed to routine traffic stops? Because that's...false.

And there it is. If you weren't 100% certain before...
My comments are my own opinions and are not intended to be interpreted as the position of my department.

Last edited by golls17; 11-14-2012 at 14:15..
Old 11-14-2012, 14:18   #145
tantrix
J'aimeLouisiane

Quote:
Originally Posted by golls17 View Post
And there it is. If you weren't 100% certain before...
People have been preaching officer-101 this whole time, and this slides by?

Most officer-related deaths happen when what started as a routine traffic stop...turns into a felony stop...they weren't felony stops from the beginning.

People have been watching too much Die Hard...

Last edited by tantrix; 11-14-2012 at 14:23..
Old 11-14-2012, 14:26   #146
TBO
CLM Number 122
Why so serious?

Again, it's everyone else.

Sent from the toe of my jack boot using Tapatalk 2

"If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters".

"A person who won't reason has no advantage over one who can't reason."

"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored."

“Ignorance is a lot like alcohol: the more you have of it, the less you are able to see its effect on you.”

Originally Posted by Rooster Rugburn:
Didn't the whole sheepdog thing actually start right here on Glock Talk? A bunch of wannabees bought a bunch of T-shirts and took an oath to defend those who won't defend themselves?
Old 11-14-2012, 14:30   #147
Mayhem like Me
Semper Paratus

Quote:

Most officer-related deaths happen when what started as a routine traffic stop...turns into a felony stop...they weren't felony stops from the beginning.

You are so full of crap.. MOST officer deaths are traffic /vehicle related... even the rookiest of all rookies has that beaten into their head.

I do not even want to touch your holier than thou attitude that you never roll a stop sign..you are a liar. You have also exceeded the speed limit and done other things without hitting your blue lights...we all have.
Old 11-14-2012, 14:31   #148
golls17
Lifetime Newbie

In the other thread:

Quote:
I'm almost 10 years on the job, been shot at, and watched 2 SWAT buddies die.
He admitted to not being on SWAT, but his buddies were. Here's what I could find using "[county] swat death" on google.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dac1204 View Post
While I am not a cop my brother and his wife are. I took the liberty of doing some research for this thread since he will not answer the question.

There are only four sheriffs' in his state (assuming hes telling the truth about that) that have been in off for 16 years. That is how long he said his cousin had been sheriff. Here they are.

ASCENSION PARISH
JEFFREY WILEY
1996 YEAR ASSUMED OFFICE
Squadoosh

Quote:
MADISON PARISH
LARRY COX
1996 YEAR ASSUMED OFFICE
Goose egg.

Quote:
ST CHARLES PARISH
GREG CHAMPAGNE
1996 YEAR ASSUMED OFFICE
http://www.wwltv.com/news/local/st-j...166383546.html

No mention of SWAT deaths, so let's give the benefit of the doubt that they were SWAT members (even though the article doesn't say). SWAT responded to this incident, but no mention in the article of a SWAT member dying.

Quote:
ST TAMMANY PARISH
JACK STRAIN
1996 YEAR ASSUMED OFFICE
Nada

Quote:
So now he just needs to tell us what county again. I narrowed it down to these four.
I narrowed it down to a possibility for ya...

ETA: of those 4, since 1996, this is all that's on file from ODMP
Quote:
Bio & Incident Details

Tour: 10 years
Badge # 4106
Cause: Weather/Natural disaster
Incident Date: 6/13/2007
Weapon: Not available
Suspect: Not available

Sergeant Linden (Beau) Raimer was killed when a rotted pine tree hit his patrol car.

Sergeant Raimer and passenger were in the funeral procession for Deputy Sheriff Hilery A. Mayo Jr., when the accident happened. The procession was moving through Covington when a violent thunderstorm knocked down numerous trees from Slidell to Covington. A large pine tree hit his patrol car on 21st Avenue, crushing the top of the vehicle and killing Sergeant Raimer instantly. The deputy riding with him, who was also his fiance, was taken to St. Tammany Parish Hospital, paralyzed from the chest down.

Sergeant Raimer had served with the St. Tammany Parish Sheriff's Office for 10 years. He is survived by his parents, sister, two nephews, and fiance.

Read more: http://www.odmp.org/officer/18914-se...#ixzz2CERfUhFN
Quote:
Bio & Incident Details

Badge # 4610
Cause: Automobile accident
Incident Date: 6/9/2007

Deputy Hilery Mayo was killed in an automobile accident on Louisiana 40 while he and another deputy responded to an emergency call.

The patrol car left the roadway, went into a ditch, and then struck a tree. Deputy Mayo was killed and the other deputy, who was riding in the passenger seat, was seriously injured. Both deputies were wearing their seat belts.

Deputy Mayo had served with the St. Tammany Parish Sheriff's Office since 1997. He is survived by his wife, mother, sister, and brother.

Sergeant Linden "Beau" Raimer was killed when a pine tree that had been struck by lightning hit his patrol car while in the funeral procession for Deputy Mayo.

Read more: http://www.odmp.org/officer/18911-de...#ixzz2CERnbAxt

Last edited by golls17; 11-14-2012 at 14:46..
Old 11-14-2012, 14:36   #149
golls17
Lifetime Newbie

Quote:

Which is exactly my point. There is no routine.

If this is the case, why would you stop an armed bank robber in the same manner you would somebody with a essentially a taillight out as you said earlier? Using lights to get traffic out of you way, etc.

Last edited by golls17; 11-14-2012 at 14:37..
Old 11-14-2012, 14:39   #150
blueiron

Quote:
Originally Posted by series1811 View Post
I used to see it on our fingerprint cards. That was about it. Then we went to the electronic thinga majiggy (technical term) where you just scanned them into the machine and I don't think I saw it much after that.
AFIS was great... when it worked.
Old 11-14-2012, 14:39   #151
tantrix
J'aimeLouisiane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayhem like Me View Post
You are so full of crap.. MOST officer deaths are traffic /vehicle related... even the rookiest of all rookies has that beaten into their head.

I do not even want to touch your holier than thou attitude that you never roll a stop sign..you are a liar. You have also exceeded the speed limit and done other things without hitting your blue lights...we all have.

I wouldn't be talking about rookies when you should know that a traffic stop of any kind is automatically traffic/vehicle related...that's why it's called a traffic stop. What do people use for transportation there, spaceships??

I speed, sure. In my own vehicles and my PPV...but I don't roll stop signs unless I absolutely need to, and when I do I flash my overheads...that is no lie. And I'm talking about rolling stop signs as in barely even slowing down...not like the OP in the other thread likely got cited for, as in his wheels never stopped turning completely.

Quote:
In the other thread:

He admitted to not being on SWAT, but his buddies were. Here's what I could find using "[county] swat death" on google.

Squadoosh

Goose egg.

http://www.wwltv.com/news/local/st-j...166383546.html

No mention of SWAT deaths, so let's give the benefit of the doubt that they were SWAT members (even though the article doesn't say) and SWAT just wasn't activated yet.

Nada

I narrowed it down to a possibility for ya...
Now you're getting cold...
Old 11-14-2012, 14:41   #152
GRIMLET
Deceased

Im betting 80/20 on Ascension Parish over St. Charles.
I rule out St. Tammany and Madison all together.
Since he is here battling it out, I stand by my original observations that he is a good guy.

The idea someone has to live up to a fellow officers expectation as a cop is stupid. For all we know, some of the heavy posters here may be THAT GUY in their dept.
About nepotism, its not about how you got hired, its performing whats expected of you afterwards.
I have been told here to prove my credentials. Being nice and new, I gave my academy name, class number and graduation date.
Still, when I post somethings here, I am challenged to reveal my dept and/or ORI.

I am going to get a chuckle when he proves the nay saying haters wrong.
Old 11-14-2012, 14:53   #153
Dragoon44
Lifetime Membership
Unfair Facist

Quote:
Of course...but I leave all that at work, I don't drag it home, or on the internet. I used to do it, and I learned it just makes you look like an ******* to everyone, and started to cause me problems.
That might reflect more the type of individuals you hang out with than the reality of what becomes ingrained in veteran police officers.

Quote:
To a certain degree, yes...but that's not the problem. I absolutely, cannot stand...when people assume just because I'm in LE I automatically support every LEO's opinion.
it is not about automatically supporting every LEO opinion. it's about whether or not your responses to LE related topics reflect any training or experience in LE. As I stated before having read your posts over the years I do not see LE knowledge or experience expressed in your posts. You are every bit as quick to jump on the Anti LEO bandwagon as those with no training or experience.

Quote:
Not anti-authority...Libertarian,
Libertarians are anti Authority whether they want to admit it or not. and judging from past interaction with you over the CSA I would say you are neo confederate as well.
Old 11-14-2012, 14:57   #154
golls17
Lifetime Newbie

Quote:

Now you're getting cold...

Is this better?

Of those 4 counties, since 1996, this is all that's on file from ODMP

Quote:
Bio & Incident Details

Badge # 4106
Cause: Weather/Natural disaster
Incident Date: 6/13/2007

Sergeant Linden (Beau) Raimer was killed when a rotted pine tree hit his patrol car.

Sergeant Raimer and passenger were in the funeral procession for Deputy Sheriff Hilery A. Mayo Jr., when the accident happened. The procession was moving through Covington when a violent thunderstorm knocked down numerous trees from Slidell to Covington. A large pine tree hit his patrol car on 21st Avenue, crushing the top of the vehicle and killing Sergeant Raimer instantly. The deputy riding with him, who was also his fiance, was taken to St. Tammany Parish Hospital, paralyzed from the chest down.

Sergeant Raimer had served with the St. Tammany Parish Sheriff's Office for 10 years. He is survived by his parents, sister, two nephews, and fiance.

Read more: http://www.odmp.org/officer/18914-se...#ixzz2CERfUhFN
Quote:
Bio & Incident Details

Badge # 4610
Cause: Automobile accident
Incident Date: 6/9/2007

Deputy Hilery Mayo was killed in an automobile accident on Louisiana 40 while he and another deputy responded to an emergency call.

The patrol car left the roadway, went into a ditch, and then struck a tree. Deputy Mayo was killed and the other deputy, who was riding in the passenger seat, was seriously injured. Both deputies were wearing their seat belts.

Deputy Mayo had served with the St. Tammany Parish Sheriff's Office since 1997. He is survived by his wife, mother, sister, and brother.

Sergeant Linden "Beau" Raimer was killed when a pine tree that had been struck by lightning hit his patrol car while in the funeral procession for Deputy Mayo.

Read more: http://www.odmp.org/officer/18911-de...#ixzz2CERnbAxt
Both were St. Tammany. They may have been SWAT, but if this is them, it certainly wasn't a SWAT situation like you made it sound like.

Last edited by golls17; 11-14-2012 at 15:02..
Old 11-14-2012, 14:58   #155
tantrix
J'aimeLouisiane

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRIMLET View Post
Im betting 80/20 on Ascension Parish over St. Charles.
I rule out St. Tammany and Madison all together.
Pretty good...I'll give one hint and say: Madison is NOT it.

Quote:
Since he is here battling it out, I stand by my original observations that he is a good guy.
The sad part is, I never even claimed to be a good guy...it's the whole "LE is a secret society" thing that's in play here. I got over that within one year of being POST.

Quote:
The idea someone has to live up to a fellow officers expectation as a cop is stupid. For all we know, some of the heavy posters here may be THAT GUY in their dept.
Not on the internet...everyone loves all their fellow officers as if they were raised together like brothers.

I guess that's why I've seen 2 city PD officers from a nearby large dept beat the hell out of each other one night at a BBQ...yeah, they still don't like one another to this day.

Quote:
I have been told here to prove my credentials. Being nice and new, I gave my academy name, class number and graduation date.
Still, when I post somethings here, I am challenged to reveal my dept and/or ORI.
I know...I've had the same thing happen on another forum before, that's why I'm in no hurry. As I said earlier, I don't get paid enough to produce credentials on demand to uphold my internet street cred.

Quote:
I am going to get a chuckle when he proves the nay saying haters wrong.
Hey now, I'm trying to enjoy the ride as long as possible.

Last edited by tantrix; 11-14-2012 at 15:41..
Old 11-14-2012, 15:02   #156
Hoser423

My crystal ball predicts the next avenue of excuses and stalling ..."I'm not gonna put my whole name, department and ORI info on the internet."

If it was me, and if I really wanted to put it to rest... I would have PM'ed the most vocal critics, or a moderator, or both, enough info to prove I was a sworn LEO.

Door #1- Not sworn LEO (it's fine just admit it)
Door #2- Sworn LEO, purposely being difficult because he's "THAT GUY"

Last edited by Hoser423; 11-14-2012 at 15:09..
Old 11-14-2012, 15:03   #157
golls17
Lifetime Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoser423 View Post
My crystal ball predicts the next avenue of excuses and stalling ..."I'm not gonna put my whole name, department and ORI info on the internet."

If it was me, and if I really wanted to put it to rest... I would have PM'ed the most vocal critics, or a moderator, or both, enough info to prove I was a sworn LEO.

Door #1- Not sworn LEO (its' fine just admit it)
Door #2- Sworn LEO, purposely being difficult because he's "THAT GUY"
I would be satisfied with him PMing Rabbi and having Rabbi post for all of us a thumbs up.

Old 11-14-2012, 15:07   #158
tantrix
J'aimeLouisiane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoon44 View Post
You are every bit as quick to jump on the Anti LEO bandwagon as those with no training or experience.
I am not anti-LEO...I am simply tired of of the "club" mentality, that's what caused me problems to begin with early on in my career.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoon44 View Post
Libertarians are anti Authority whether they want to admit it or not. and judging from past interaction with you over the CSA I would say you are neo confederate as well.

I'm not anti-authority, I am small-government. There is a difference.

Quote:
Is this better?
No, I didn't know those guys.

I won't string you along though, here's why you're cold: They were city PD SWAT, not the Parish Sheriff's Office where I am. I have never worked for any city PD.

Last edited by tantrix; 11-14-2012 at 15:07..
Old 11-14-2012, 15:11   #159
golls17
Lifetime Newbie

Quote:

Hey now, I'm trying to enjoy the ride as long as possible.
Quote:
I won't string you along though
Huh?

OK fine, of LODD by gunfire (since that is what is generally assumed when you say you lost two SWAT buddies), none of the cities that had multiple fatalities in that time period were in any 4 of those counties.

So either say how they died and I'll do the rest when I get home tonight, or admit that you're full of it and can't keep your own stories straight.

Last edited by golls17; 11-14-2012 at 15:19..
Old 11-14-2012, 15:12   #160
tantrix
J'aimeLouisiane

Quote:
Huh?
On the the research you were doing...wrong direction.

Closed Thread