Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Closed Thread

Old 11-14-2012, 12:52   #121
Rabbi
Lifetime Membership
The Bombdiggity

Quote:
Originally Posted by tantrix View Post
Ok? Yes, that's what I said...I'd light them up. That doesn't necessarily mean they're going to flee, shoot, or anything else. As you hinted on, there's just a much of a chance of that happening on a routine traffic stop. .

WHOOOOOOAAAAAA!!!!!!

You said it, now the question is, are you going to stand by it...or dance like you do....

You think that a "routine" traffic stop is going to, statistically, produce the same result as a felony stop?

Whenever you get mad as hell about it all, grab your rifle and head outside. If you are the only one there...it's not time yet

"Few men desire liberty; most men wish only for a just master." - Sallust
Old 11-14-2012, 12:53   #122
Rabbi
Lifetime Membership
The Bombdiggity

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydl View Post
Maybe THAT's what he is after all!

Cop Talk

Maybe he is a highlander cop?

Whenever you get mad as hell about it all, grab your rifle and head outside. If you are the only one there...it's not time yet

Old 11-14-2012, 12:56   #123
TBO
CLM Number 122
Why so serious?

Cop Talk
Old 11-14-2012, 12:56   #124
Sharky7
Boomshakalaka

Quote:
Ok? Yes, that's what I said...I'd light them up. That doesn't necessarily mean they're going to flee, shoot, or anything else. As you hinted on, there's just a much of a chance of that happening on a routine traffic stop. I don't really see any difference here except for the fact that you think you're going to sneak up right on their rear bumper simply because your overheads aren't on. It's possible, but the end result will be the same...they will either stop without incident, or it will turn into aggravated flight from an officer or worse.

This is the problem with hypotheticals...I'm sure you see it all clearly in your head but I can only see it as you type it here.

This is not a traffic related stop though. You are stopping someone who just committed an armed robbery. This is not an unknown - this is a KNOWN threat. You KNOW they have a gun. You KNOW they are a criminal and JUST committed a crime. That is like saying that since 2 officers respond on a domestic to a house - you might as well send 2 officers to retrieve someone on a murder warrant from a house.

You don't see a difference between a single officer doing a stop compared to a felony stop in this circumstance?

You have just proven the point of this thread with your above post.
Old 11-14-2012, 12:56   #125
dac1204

While I am not a cop my brother and his wife are. I took the liberty of doing some research for this thread since he will not answer the question.

There are only four sheriffs' in his state (assuming hes telling the truth about that) that have been in off for 16 years. That is how long he said his cousin had been sheriff. Here they are.

ASCENSION PARISH
JEFFREY WILEY
1996 YEAR ASSUMED OFFICE

MADISON PARISH
LARRY COX
1996 YEAR ASSUMED OFFICE

ST CHARLES PARISH
GREG CHAMPAGNE
1996 YEAR ASSUMED OFFICE

ST TAMMANY PARISH
JACK STRAIN
1996 YEAR ASSUMED OFFICE

So now he just needs to tell us what county again. I narrowed it down to these four.
Old 11-14-2012, 13:04   #126
tantrix
J'aimeLouisiane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbi View Post
WHOOOOOOAAAAAA!!!!!!

You said it, now the question is, are you going to stand by it...or dance like you do....

You think that a "routine" traffic stop is going to, statistically, produce the same result as a felony stop?

I don't play numbers like you do. However, if I did...statistically, you're the type of officer that would end up shot on routine traffic stop because the 'odds were lower'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharky7 View Post
This is not a traffic related stop though. You are stopping someone who just committed an armed robbery. This is not an unknown - this is a KNOWN threat. You KNOW they have a gun. You KNOW they are a criminal and JUST committed a crime. That is like saying that since 2 officers respond on a domestic to a house - you might as well send 2 officers to retrieve someone on a murder warrant from a house.

You don't see a difference between a single officer doing a stop compared to a felony stop in this circumstance?

You have just proven the point of this thread with your above post.
How you handle high-risk stops is how you handle them...I'm not arguing that, it's your choice entirely. However, your analogy is flawed...just as many, if not more officers are injured and/or killed responding to DV calls, and those aren't automatically considered "high-risk" like a felony stop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dac1204 View Post
While I am not a cop my brother and his wife are. I took the liberty of doing some research for this thread since he will not answer the question.

There are only four sheriffs' in his state (assuming hes telling the truth about that) that have been in off for 16 years. That is how long he said his cousin had been sheriff. Here they are.

ASCENSION PARISH
JEFFREY WILEY
1996 YEAR ASSUMED OFFICE

MADISON PARISH
LARRY COX
1996 YEAR ASSUMED OFFICE

ST CHARLES PARISH
GREG CHAMPAGNE
1996 YEAR ASSUMED OFFICE

ST TAMMANY PARISH
JACK STRAIN
1996 YEAR ASSUMED OFFICE

So now he just needs to tell us what county again. I narrowed it down to these four.
Nice work...now somebody's getting somewhere.

Last edited by tantrix; 11-14-2012 at 13:06..
Old 11-14-2012, 13:06   #127
Rabbi
Lifetime Membership
The Bombdiggity

Quote:
I don't play numbers like you do. However, if I did...statistically, you're the type of officer that would end up shot on routine traffic stop because the 'odds were lower'.
So you are not going to answer this question either. Which I knew you wouldnt, why....math. See how that works? (no, you dont, you dont have a clue)

There it is folks, he said, flat out, a felony stop is the same as any other stop.

Last edited by Rabbi; 11-14-2012 at 13:07..
Old 11-14-2012, 13:09   #128
tantrix
J'aimeLouisiane

Quote:
So you are not going to answer this question either. Which I knew you wouldnt, why....math. See how that works? (no, you dont, you dont have a clue)

There it is folks, he said, flat out, a felony stop is the same as any other stop.

I'm going to be leaving late today, but it's been worth it just getting to read this.

ETA- This isn't the occupation you need to be playing numbers with...just friendly advice.

Last edited by tantrix; 11-14-2012 at 13:10..
Old 11-14-2012, 13:12   #129
TBO
CLM Number 122
Why so serious?

Quote:

I'm going to be leaving late today, but it's been worth it just getting to read this.

ETA- This isn't the occupation you need to be playing numbers with
...just friendly advice.
ODMP disagrees with you.

"If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters".

"A person who won't reason has no advantage over one who can't reason."

"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored."

“Ignorance is a lot like alcohol: the more you have of it, the less you are able to see its effect on you.”

Originally Posted by Rooster Rugburn:
Didn't the whole sheepdog thing actually start right here on Glock Talk? A bunch of wannabees bought a bunch of T-shirts and took an oath to defend those who won't defend themselves?
Old 11-14-2012, 13:12   #130
Rabbi
Lifetime Membership
The Bombdiggity

Quote:

ETA- This isn't the occupation you need to be playing numbers with...just friendly advice.
What occupation would that be? Law Enforcement?

Are you, now, a fully sworn LEO?

And as always, you work very hard to make sure everyone knows you dont have a clue how numbers work.

Old 11-14-2012, 13:13   #131
rockapede

Quote:
Ok? Yes, that's what I said...I'd light them up. That doesn't necessarily mean they're going to flee, shoot, or anything else. As you hinted on, there's just a much of a chance of that happening on a routine traffic stop. I don't really see any difference here except for the fact that you think you're going to sneak up right on their rear bumper simply because your overheads aren't on.
Some thoughts: We're talking about an armed robber, correct? How is there just as much of a chance of getting shot on a "routine" traffic stop? That's why it's called a felony or "high risk" stop: because armed robbers are high risk! I've never, ever met an officer who treats known, high risk stops the same way they treat stopping the Taurus with a tail light out. I really hope that isn't what you meant to say, because any cop that does is, frankly, stupid.

Second, who said anything about sneaking right up on somebody's bumper? Have you ever actually followed someone?

-Edward Conlon
Old 11-14-2012, 13:14   #132
Rabbi
Lifetime Membership
The Bombdiggity

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBO View Post
ODMP disagrees with you.
Most everything disagrees with him, yet to him, we are all the ones with the problem.

This is the exact type of person LE deals with, not the kind of person who is (or should be) LE.

Old 11-14-2012, 13:14   #133
wprebeck
Got quacks?

Quote:
Who's talking about bench warrants?
The thread in the divorced daddy forum. You know, the one in which someone using the same location and screenname as you do here posted a question about having a bench warrant issued because his employer didn't properly garnish his wages.

I suppose it could be a coincidence, but I don't much believe in such happenings.

And for the record, I think you might be a jail officer, like I am. Notice how I don't comment on traffic stops and the like? Its because I don't have the necessary experience to talk about that stuff. Doesn't mean I'm not a fully sworn officer (as many folks have discovered to their misfortune) but, its just I don't need to pretend. I'm OK with being a jail officer - and didn't need nepotism to get hired.
Old 11-14-2012, 13:14   #134
Sharky7
Boomshakalaka

Cop Talk
Old 11-14-2012, 13:17   #135
rockapede

Quote:
Originally Posted by wprebeck View Post
The thread in the divorced daddy forum. You know, the one in which someone using the same location and screenname as you do here posted a question about having a bench warrant issued because his employer didn't properly garnish his wages.

I suppose it could be a coincidence, but I don't much believe in such happenings.

And for the record, I think you might be a jail officer, like I am. Notice how I don't comment on traffic stops and the like? Its because I don't have the necessary experience to talk about that stuff. Doesn't mean I'm not a fully sworn officer (as many folks have discovered to their misfortune) but, its just I don't need to pretend. I'm OK with being a jail officer - and didn't need nepotism to get hired.
Do you have a link to this or has it been deleted?

-Edward Conlon
Old 11-14-2012, 13:26   #136
TBO
CLM Number 122
Why so serious?

Run away!

Cop Talk
Old 11-14-2012, 13:36   #137
Morris
CLM Number
Charter Lifetime Member

This one has elevated my popcorn making to caramel. May have to do hot n spicy next, they way this is going.

You'd think after 17+ years of working the road and making popcorn, I'd be tired of popcorn.

Not with threads like this one.

Certified Glock Armorer
Certified M&P Armorer

Say NO! to Washington I-594
Old 11-14-2012, 13:43   #138
Bruce M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panzergrenadier1979 View Post
That needs to be unlocked asap! Too much fun to make it stop....
They never get unlocked but maybe not necessary by the time we get to the third or fifth page.

Quote:
I just want to show up to this thread.
Me too

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussP View Post
Won't be reopened.

Threads like that are troll-magnets once members of law enforcement join in the discussion. Trolls have one goal. They want to draw the other side into pissing contests. Then they hope to get someone so upset they violate the rules and earn an infraction or get the thread closed.

And, honestly, some of you trip all over your own feet rushing to fulfill the trolls' dreams. Yeah, sometimes it's very hard not to, right?

As to whether someone is credentialed or not, hey, they usually trip up sooner or later.

It is funny that going up their storybook ladder, every time challenged they up their experience and qualifications.
Shhhh Don't talk about locked threa.... ohhh wait. Never mind.

[
I never talked to anyone who had to fire their gun who said "I wished I had the smaller gun and fewer rounds with me" Just because you find a hundred people who agree with you on the internet does not mean you're right.
Old 11-14-2012, 13:45   #139
rockapede

We have a movie theater popcorn machine in our evidence room that sees regular use. It's always surprised me that the lab never comments on our paper packaging smelling like butter.

-Edward Conlon
Old 11-14-2012, 13:50   #140
Gombey

Hey Moriss! Send some my way :D

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

Closed Thread