Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Closed Thread

Old 11-14-2012, 10:46   #101
TBO
CLM Number 122
Why so serious?

That in itself tells you what you need to know.

jmho
Old 11-14-2012, 11:15   #102
tantrix
J'aimeLouisiane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Officer X View Post
What Sheriff's office/department do you work for?

What is your title/rank/position?

What is the Sheriff's (your cousin) name?

You said it could be asked, so I am asking.
My shift isn't over for another 6 hours, but I got a few minutes to rant. I'm not Rabbi, I can't work 12 hour shifts while simultaneously hanging out on GT all day arguing semantics with everyone.

The offer was always there for him to just ask if he wanted to know, but after double-checking, one of the people asking to begin with was the OP. Ask for an ORI check, then try to stir **** in Cop Talk? If you needed any more proof as to why I don't visit here, there you go...now I don't really care about providing anything if people are going to be dicks about it. Yet another thing that is annoying as hell about the LEO's here...they just can't stand it when they don't know something, or are being denied info. Unlike most, I don't really care about my internet 'street cred' as much as you guys do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbi View Post
You do realize that you just penned a magnum opus to "It is everyone else...."

How you fail to see this over and over again is part of the humor.
Thread on GT...check.
Rabbi...check.
Semantics...check.

I don't know how you find the time man, seriously.

Cop Talk...the only place where you're challenged by both rookies and overweight retired detectives. You guys crack me up sometimes. Ok, back to work at my top-secret job that requires ridiculously high intelligence.

Last edited by tantrix; 11-14-2012 at 11:16..
Old 11-14-2012, 11:22   #103
Rabbi
Lifetime Membership
The Bombdiggity

Quote:
Originally Posted by tantrix View Post
My shift isn't over for another 6 hours, but I got a few minutes to rant. I'm not Rabbi, I can't work 12 hour shifts while simultaneously hanging out on GT all day arguing semantics with everyone.

The offer was always there for him to just ask if he wanted to know, but after double-checking, one of the people asking to begin with was the OP. Ask for an ORI check, then try to stir **** in Cop Talk? If you needed any more proof as to why I don't visit here, there you go...now I don't really care about providing anything if people are going to be dicks about it. Yet another thing that is annoying as hell about the LEO's here...they just can't stand it when they don't know something, or are being denied info. Unlike most, I don't really care about my internet 'street cred' as much as you guys do.

Thread on GT...check.
Rabbi...check.
Semantics...check.

I don't know how you find the time man, seriously.

Cop Talk...the only place where you're challenged by both rookies and overweight retired detectives. You guys crack me up sometimes. Ok, back to work at my top-secret job that requires ridiculously high intelligence.
You are challenged by everyone because you are obviously full of it. That is lost on you, over and over again. It isnt everyone else. It isnt.

So, are you, now, a fully sworn LEO? That isnt semantics (another word that you dont know the meaning of) That is a question you have yet to answer.

Whenever you get mad as hell about it all, grab your rifle and head outside. If you are the only one there...it's not time yet

"Few men desire liberty; most men wish only for a just master." - Sallust

Last edited by Rabbi; 11-14-2012 at 11:23..
Old 11-14-2012, 11:34   #104
tantrix
J'aimeLouisiane

Quote:
You are challenged by everyone because you are obviously full of it. That is lost on you, over and over again. It isnt everyone else. It isnt.

So, are you, now, a fully sworn LEO? That isnt semantics (another word that you dont know the meaning of) That is a question you have yet to answer.

Nah, I'm not going to make it that easy. I'm going to let you guys stir the pot more, then drop my credentials, then watch everyone backpedal. You know, that thin blue line and all.

And yes, I know what the definition of semantics is...they didn't just happen to teach that word for 1 day, at your 1 school, in your 1 class. I know you like to insist on being right all the time, but that's ironically a behavior trait shared by people with low intelligence, not the other way around.

Anyway...yeah seriously now though, let me get back to my paperwork (which everyone knows is BS...cops don't do paperwork, they get in high speed chases and shoot guns all day)

Last edited by tantrix; 11-14-2012 at 11:37..
Old 11-14-2012, 11:37   #105
Rabbi
Lifetime Membership
The Bombdiggity

Quote:
Nah, I'm not going to make it that easy. I'm going to let you guys stir the pot more, then drop my credentials, then watch everyone backpedal. You know, that thin blue line and all.

And yes, I know what the definition of semantics is...they didn't just happen to teach that word for 1 day, at your 1 school, in your 1 class. I know you like to insist on being right all the time, but that's ironically a behavior trait shared by people with low intelligence, not the other way around.

Anyway, yeah let me get back to my paperwork (which everyone knows is BS...cops don't do paperwork, they get in high speed chases and shoot guns all day)
So, are you, now, a fully sworn LEO?

Whenever you get mad as hell about it all, grab your rifle and head outside. If you are the only one there...it's not time yet

Old 11-14-2012, 11:38   #106
Dragoon44
Lifetime Membership
Unfair Facist

Quote:
Yet another thing that bugs me about most LEO's...they just can't stand it when they don't know something, or are being denied info.
That is a trait of ALL good experienced cops. It is ingrained in them by the necessities of the job which have taught them that you cannot make good decisions or take appropriate action without as much accurate info as possible.

Who, what, why, when, where, and how is always in the forefront of any good cops thinking. Coming to the right conclusions requires as much info as possible.

Any good officer's core beliefs remain the same but they themselves are changed to a certain degree by the job. You can't be an experienced cop and not have had your view of the world changed by it.

Cops look at things differently than non cops even if that difference is simply the experienced cops knowledge that everything is not always what it seems at first glance. and gathering as much accurate info as possible is absolutely required to come to a conclusion.

They also understand the necessitous of concise and accurate communication. and quickly learn to practice that if they do not want to be made a fool of by a defense lawyer in court.

If you are in fact a full time Road Deputy, ( and frankly I have a hard time seeing the difference between your posts on LE subjects and the posts of those with no knowledge or experience in LE) then I would suspect your "core beliefs" you cherish are pretty much that of someone with an anti authority mindset who for whatever reason is working in an authoritarian type job.
Old 11-14-2012, 12:05   #107
tantrix
J'aimeLouisiane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoon44 View Post
That is a trait of ALL good experienced cops. It is ingrained in them by the necessities of the job which have taught them that you cannot make good decisions or take appropriate action without as much accurate info as possible.

Who, what, why, when, where, and how is always in the forefront of any good cops thinking. Coming to the right conclusions requires as much info as possible.
Of course...but I leave all that at work, I don't drag it home, or on the internet. I used to do it, and I learned it just makes you look like an ******* to everyone, and started to cause me problems.

Quote:
Any good officer's core beliefs remain the same but they themselves are changed to a certain degree by the job. You can't be an experienced cop and not have had your view of the world changed by it.

Cops look at things differently than non cops even if that difference is simply the experienced cops knowledge that everything is not always what it seems at first glance. and gathering as much accurate info as possible is absolutely required to come to a conclusion.
To a certain degree, yes...but that's not the problem. I absolutely, cannot stand...when people assume just because I'm in LE I automatically support every LEO's opinion.

Quote:
If you are in fact a full time Road Deputy, ( and frankly I have a hard time seeing the difference between your posts on LE subjects and the posts of those with no knowledge or experience in LE) then I would suspect your "core beliefs" you cherish are pretty much that of someone with an anti authority mindset who for whatever reason is working in an authoritarian type job.

Not anti-authority...Libertarian, which I have admitted on here before, clashes with the occupation from the beginning. It's hard to feel small government when you're expected to enforce it's many (unnecessary) laws.

Last edited by tantrix; 11-14-2012 at 12:09..
Old 11-14-2012, 12:05   #108
wprebeck
Die, bird, die!

Who's a rookie? I'm looking at almost 13 years on the job? I also know enough about how bench warrants are issued, due to my experience as an officer, to forgo having to post about the possibility of me having a bench warrant for nonsupport.

I see you didn't bother posting your answers, like you said you would. And while I've had my own issues with Rabbi - at least he's a sworn officer.
Old 11-14-2012, 12:06   #109
TBO
CLM Number 122
Why so serious?

Yup.

Bolstered by interactions (lack of) in LEO down threads (GNG or anywhere).

jmho
Old 11-14-2012, 12:10   #110
tantrix
J'aimeLouisiane

Quote:
Originally Posted by wprebeck View Post
Who's a rookie? I'm looking at almost 13 years on the job? I also know enough about how bench warrants are issued, due to my experience as an officer, to forgo having to post about the possibility of me having a bench warrant for nonsupport.

I see you didn't bother posting your answers, like you said you would. And while I've had my own issues with Rabbi - at least he's a sworn officer.
Who's talking about bench warrants?
Old 11-14-2012, 12:14   #111
Rabbi
Lifetime Membership
The Bombdiggity

Quote:
Originally Posted by wprebeck View Post

And I am not a rookie either.

Old 11-14-2012, 12:21   #112
Sharky7
Boomshakalaka

Quote:

Between your comments about the armed robbery tactics comments, the snide comments about the intelligence in LE, and being vague about your position - everything is still questionable.

I'll just lay it out for you. You mentioned you would light up an armed robbery offender by yourself in a one man car. An offender you know that is armed and just committed a robbery - but you believe it's good tactics to go at it alone and not just wait for back up, which you said would be easy to get in your area. Such a bad decision that it would either get you killed or reprimanded in LE. A felony stop is a no-brainer for any real cop.

You counter by saying that armed robbery offenders in your area are mostly meth addicts - so should be less dangerous? Most street LE know that a lot of crimes are motivated by desperate addicts - the key word being desperate. You underestimated a drug addict who just committed a crime with a gun and now you want to stop them alone? For a cop with 10 years on that is just insanely poor tactics and logic.

You then mention that after someone commits an armed robbery - they won't just sit around in traffic. I think this comes from someone watching too many movies. Any good street copper has caught his share of just occurred type crimes. It's been my experience time after time....after these guys get out of the very immediate area they are not going to keep driving like maniacs and draw attention to themselves.

This is just a quick break down on that subject alone. I have seen other similar topics discussed by you that go along the same lines. Even your intelligence comments are pretty far off based - this isn't a meat head game anymore....we have to play smarter and not always harder. We have to master criminal law, search and seizure case laws, tactics, psychology, effective communications, etc. If you did this job - you would know that.
Old 11-14-2012, 12:22   #113
Rabbi
Lifetime Membership
The Bombdiggity

Quote:
Of course...but I leave all that at work, I don't drag it home, or on the internet. I used to do it, and I learned it just makes you look like an ******* to everyone, and started to cause me problems.

Again, here you go saying it is everyone else.

Most of the people here get along most of the time and if you take that down to the people in CopTalk you are cops, "most" goes way up to "almost always."

YOU are the one constant in YOUR problems with everyone else.

Old 11-14-2012, 12:25   #114
tantrix
J'aimeLouisiane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharky7 View Post
I'll just lay it out for you. You mentioned you would light up an armed robbery offender by yourself in a one man car. An offender you know that is armed and just committed a robbery - but you believe it's good tactics to go at it alone and not just wait for back up, which you said would be easy to get in your area. Such a bad decision that it would either get you killed or reprimanded in LE. A felony stop is a no-brainer for any real cop.
Actually, that's the opposite of what I said. The first thing is to get get other units involved. And lighting up someone doesn't necessarily mean engaging them in a firefight by yourself. I'm not in the habit of pulling Mel Gibson stunts in heavy urban traffic (which is what you said the circumstances were in your hypothetical).

Quote:
Again, here you go saying it is everyone else.

Most of the people here get along most of the time and if you take that down to the people in CopTalk you are cops, "most" goes way up to "almost always."

YOU are the one constant in YOUR problems with everyone else.

Not going in circles with you today...I know how it ends, questions, questions, statements, statements, then more questions. You should get off patrol and work homicide, you're much more suited to that division.

Last edited by tantrix; 11-14-2012 at 12:28..
Old 11-14-2012, 12:28   #115
RyanNREMTP
Inactive/Banned

Cop Talk
Old 11-14-2012, 12:35   #116
Sharky7
Boomshakalaka

Quote:
Actually, that's the opposite of what I said. The first thing is to get get other units involved. And lighting up someone doesn't necessarily mean engaging them in a firefight by yourself. I'm not in the habit of pulling Mel Gibson stunts in heavy urban traffic (which is what you said the circumstances were in your hypothetical).
You changed your quote a bit since I was responding, but I will respond to your new post to give you the benefit.

Here is what you said -
"

We're not talking about the Gambino crime family here, we're talking an armed robbery which are most often committed by strung-out drug addicts. I don't know where you live, but we have a large meth problem down here and if you think you're going to "sneak" up on these people, you need to come down for a while.
I'd light them up immediately, and if they decide to run...well, there'll be plenty of deputies waiting and the outcome won't be so good for them. "
----------------------------------------------------
Lighting someone up doesn't mean engaging them in a firefight? When you place those lights on by yourself and the vehicle pulls to a stop - you don't get to control when the bullets start coming your way.

Again - a felony stop is a no-brainer for any real cop. Stopping an armed robbery offender by yourself in real life LE will most likely result in death/injury or a reprimand and butt-chewing.
Old 11-14-2012, 12:44   #117
Rabbi
Lifetime Membership
The Bombdiggity

Quote:
Not going in circles with you today...I know how it ends, questions, questions, statements, statements, then more questions. You should get off patrol and work homicide, you're much more suited to that division.
"Circles" is another word you dont know the meaning of. Yes, that was a statement.

So, are you, now, a fully sword LEO?

YOU not answering that is the cause of the problems. It isnt me but blaming everyone else is your MO.

Old 11-14-2012, 12:48   #118
blueiron
Clown move, bro

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanNREMTP View Post
Cop Talk

Cop Talk

Bastard! - TBO
Old 11-14-2012, 12:49   #119
tantrix
J'aimeLouisiane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharky7 View Post
You changed your quote a bit since I was responding, but I will respond to your new post to give you the benefit.

Here is what you said -
"

We're not talking about the Gambino crime family here, we're talking an armed robbery which are most often committed by strung-out drug addicts. I don't know where you live, but we have a large meth problem down here and if you think you're going to "sneak" up on these people, you need to come down for a while.
I'd light them up immediately, and if they decide to run...well, there'll be plenty of deputies waiting and the outcome won't be so good for them. "
----------------------------------------------------
Lighting someone up doesn't mean engaging them in a firefight? When you place those lights on by yourself and the vehicle pulls to a stop - you don't get to control when the bullets start coming your way.

Again - a felony stop is a no-brainer for any real cop. Stopping an armed robbery offender by yourself in real life LE will most likely result in death/injury or a reprimand and butt-chewing.

Ok? Yes, that's what I said...I'd light them up. That doesn't necessarily mean they're going to flee, shoot, or anything else. As you hinted on, there's just a much of a chance of that happening on a routine traffic stop. I don't really see any difference here except for the fact that you think you're going to sneak up right on their rear bumper simply because your overheads aren't on. It's possible, but the end result will be the same...they will either stop without incident, or it will turn into aggravated flight from an officer or worse.

This is the problem with hypotheticals...I'm sure you see it all clearly in your head but I can only see it as you type it here.

Quote:
"Circles" is another word you dont know the meaning of. Yes, that was a statement.
Right...I don't know the meaning of any of the English words as well as you do. I admit, classic Rabbi.

Quote:

YOU not answering that is the cause of the problems. It isnt me but blaming everyone else is your MO.

Sword LEO? Nah, actually my duty weapon is a G22.

But seriously...it's not causing any problems (for me anyway). It is making my day go by faster though (if I don't end up behind on paperwork).

Last edited by tantrix; 11-14-2012 at 12:56..
Old 11-14-2012, 12:51   #120
scottydl

Quote:
Maybe THAT's what he is after all!

Cop Talk

Closed Thread