Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Closed Thread

Old 11-14-2012, 00:34   #81
BlackPaladin

A lot of "us" could be fakes I guess, only a couple of people here know who I am (nothing special btw). I just trust very few, even though I have a GREAT amount of respect for most who post on CT. I guess if it really mattered, I could find a way to prove it.

There is no doubt however, that the person that we are all thinking of in this thread, is truly not "one of us".
niners club #187
moto club #600
Bull dawgs club #55
RIP Ofc. Tommy Decker #6402 CSPD
Old 11-14-2012, 01:22   #82
Pepper45

Another forum doesn't vet everyone claiming LE status. But if alarm bells start going off, they have to put up or shut up. Either they give enough proof to satisfy the LE that are mods/staff, or they're booted. There is no harm in not being in LE and having an opinion. Lying to try to be something you're not, there is harm in that.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Old 11-14-2012, 01:43   #83
Cochese
CLM Number 209
Most mackinest

Quote:
Originally Posted by wprebeck View Post
because he claimed to be a member of three other LE boards

He uses a different username for those boards, or

Further anecdotal evidence includes the same username and location used on multiple forums. Also, wouldn't a cop know about how a bench warrant is issued, and not ask a forum for divorced fathers, much less be forced to call multiple agencies to check on the aforementioned warrant? Hell, I'm just a jail officer, and can answer that question.

Links!!!

-texmex
Old 11-14-2012, 02:35   #84
blueiron

There are probably a couple of sweating palms, shallow breaths, elevated BPs, and slightly dilated pupils when this post title hit the server.
Old 11-14-2012, 03:10   #85
4949shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cochese View Post
Links!!!
I would like to see links as well.

BTW, I have exchanged words with the subject in question over on GNG in the past. I never would have thought him to be LE until he mentioned it. I agree with the guys who say he is/was affiliated with the LE field in some form or other, but most definately has an "anti-cop" or "anti-patrol cop" attitude.

He may have worked as a cop for a year or three and was fired, or quit.
Old 11-14-2012, 03:47   #86
tantrix
J'aimeLouisiane

SGT HATRED sent me a link to this thread...well, here I am. I have nothing to hide.

As I stated earlier, I don't ever visit Cop Talk. I did for a while years back, and...well, it was sad at best. But, there are some good LEO's here that share the same honesty as me...only via PM though (no surprise there).

As far as the original thread...the ORI thing was hilarious...he could have just asked me straight out what Sheriff's Office I work out of instead of trying to act as if I didn't know what "ORI" meant or something. Want to talk to my superior? My cousin has been the sheriff for about 16 years now.

But all that aside, I'd have to say the thing that annoys me most is the elitist attitude of the LEO's here and why they try to make it out like you have to be some freak of nature to get POST-certified...it's pretty ridiculous.

Anyway...

Yes, ClydeG19 is correct...fought MMA professionally since I was in my late teens but gave it up (permanently) last year after having my 2nd child. My pics should be still floating around on here.

And yes, I left LE for approx 1 year...I went back August of this year, to the same Sheriff's Office I have worked at for almost 10 years now. I also said that in a thread here before too, but people seem to 'conveniently forget' when the mob mentality sets in (which seems to happen quite often around GT).

As far as who I am, I'm just a normal guy. Like I said in the thread all this started in...an honest cop is one who still has the same beliefs he did before he was sworn in. I still have my same beliefs, regardless of my profession...it's a shame to see so many others in LE do not. That attitude tends to rub other LEO's the wrong way here, but it also keeps me honest.

If everyone wants to get along now, I might visit here regularly and share whatever I can, but if this is going to end up in the usual GT ****-slinging contest, count me out...I have nothing to prove, and I don't get paid enough to deal with bull**** from other LEO's on the internet.

Stay safe out there, everyone.

Last edited by tantrix; 11-14-2012 at 04:19..
Old 11-14-2012, 04:08   #87
Glock Holliday

Quote:
Originally Posted by isp2605 View Post
They've been freely available on the internet to anyone who can do a simple websearch. The National Archive of Criminal Justice Data (National Institute of Justice) has had the list on the internet for years.
http://www.icpsr.umich.edu/icpsrweb/...STATESoris.jsp
Those are partial ORI's (in my state anyway).
Old 11-14-2012, 04:58   #88
Officer X

Quote:
Originally Posted by tantrix View Post
SGT HATRED sent me a link to this thread...well, here I am. I have nothing to hide.

As I stated earlier, I don't ever visit Cop Talk. I did for a while years back, and...well, it was sad at best. But, there are some good LEO's here that share the same honesty as me...only via PM though (no surprise there).

As far as the original thread...the ORI thing was hilarious...he could have just asked me straight out what Sheriff's Office I work out of instead of trying to act as if I didn't know what "ORI" meant or something. Want to talk to my superior? My cousin has been the sheriff for about 16 years now.

But all that aside, I'd have to say the thing that annoys me most is the elitist attitude of the LEO's here and why they try to make it out like you have to be some freak of nature to get POST-certified...it's pretty ridiculous.

Anyway...

Yes, ClydeG19 is correct...fought MMA professionally since I was in my late teens but gave it up (permanently) last year after having my 2nd child. My pics should be still floating around on here.

And yes, I left LE for approx 1 year...I went back August of this year, to the same Sheriff's Office I have worked at for almost 10 years now. I also said that in a thread here before too, but people seem to 'conveniently forget' when the mob mentality sets in (which seems to happen quite often around GT).

As far as who I am, I'm just a normal guy. Like I said in the thread all this started in...an honest cop is one who still has the same beliefs he did before he was sworn in. I still have my same beliefs, regardless of my profession...it's a shame to see so many others in LE do not. That attitude tends to rub other LEO's the wrong way here, but it also keeps me honest.

If everyone wants to get along now, I might visit here regularly and share whatever I can, but if this is going to end up in the usual GT ****-slinging contest, count me out...I have nothing to prove, and I don't get paid enough to deal with bull**** from other LEO's on the internet.

What Sheriff's office/department do you work for?

What is your title/rank/position?

What is the Sheriff's (your cousin) name?

You said it could be asked, so I am asking.
Old 11-14-2012, 05:41   #89
merlynusn

Hey Morris, there's your answer.
Old 11-14-2012, 05:50   #90
Kingarthurhk
Isaiah 53:4-9

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMG22 View Post
I'll take your prior, and raise you the Odyssey...

Cop Talk
The space ship looks like a giant toilet bowl.
Old 11-14-2012, 05:53   #91
Kingarthurhk
Isaiah 53:4-9

Quote:
Originally Posted by isp2605 View Post
If you think ORIs are top secret and that the only place a person can get an ORI is from a fingerprint card or NCIC then you're pretty naive and/or inexperienced. Think again. Do the web search for "ORI" and "law enforcement". You find agency webpages where they list their ORI. You'll find informational websites where ORIs are listed. But the listing is open to anyone with a computer at the National Archives of Criminal Justice Data. Any kid with a computer can come up with an ORI and the agency name.
Do you want to pass yourself off as a LEO from PA and someone asks for your ORI to verify you're legit? What PA dept do you want to be from? Pick any of them.
http://www.icpsr.umich.edu/icpsrweb/...Is/PAoris.html
Don't know anything about PA but want to look lke you're from KS?
http://www.icpsr.umich.edu/icpsrweb/...Is/KSoris.html
Or you claim you're a LEO from TX and you can prove it because you know your dept's ORI?
http://www.icpsr.umich.edu/icpsrweb/...Is/TXoris.html

Any other town, county, state, or agency you want to use an ORI as "proof" you're legit? They're all listed here.
http://www.icpsr.umich.edu/icpsrweb/...STATESoris.jsp

Police-L has been around since 1994 or a bit earlier. LEO verification is required and the list owner contacts the person's agency to verify employment before access is granted. Even with that a phony was recently outted. He had written articles for various LEO type publications and pulled the scam on a number of agencies. Wrote articles for NLEOMF. He had passed himself of as a LEO from Dearborn MI and Inkster MI. Got caught in FL passing himself off as a LEO wearing the MI uniform and people started investigating. Total phony that fooled a lot of people but he eventually got caught.
http://blog.simplejustice.us/2009/05...ill-shoot.aspx
A phony wearing a uniform and badge that he made himself.
He tried scamming a fundraiser:
http://www.firstgiving.com/fundraise...1/jamesdonahue
Here's what he looks like without his phony police uniform but wearing jail clothing.
http://florida.arrests.org/Arrests/J...nahue_5416686/
Interesting. I guess ours isn't out there as much. But, then again, there really isn't a reason for it.
Old 11-14-2012, 07:44   #92
indigent
Bamboozled

Cop Talk
Old 11-14-2012, 09:19   #93
SGT HATRED

Quote:
Originally Posted by indigent View Post
Cop Talk
How so? There's a moderator getting in on the action too...

Last edited by SGT HATRED; 11-14-2012 at 09:20..
Old 11-14-2012, 09:23   #94
stk10767

Quote:
Originally Posted by officer x View Post
what sheriff's office/department do you work for?

What is your title/rank/position?

What is the sheriff's (your cousin) name?

You said it could be asked, so i am asking.
+1.....
Old 11-14-2012, 09:54   #95
indigent
Bamboozled

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGT HATRED View Post
How so? There's a moderator getting in on the action too...
Cop Talk
Old 11-14-2012, 10:00   #96
11A

I'm late to the party; is there any more popcorn left?

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Old 11-14-2012, 10:07   #97
indigent
Bamboozled

Im sure someone can make more.
Old 11-14-2012, 10:28   #98
RyanNREMTP
Inactive/Banned

Cop Talk
Old 11-14-2012, 10:32   #99
Rabbi
Lifetime Membership
The Bombdiggity

Quote:
Originally Posted by tantrix View Post

Anyway...

You do realize that you just penned a magnum opus to "It is everyone else...."

How you fail to see this over and over again is part of the humor.

Whenever you get mad as hell about it all, grab your rifle and head outside. If you are the only one there...it's not time yet

"Few men desire liberty; most men wish only for a just master." - Sallust
Old 11-14-2012, 10:36   #100
Rabbi
Lifetime Membership
The Bombdiggity

....anyways, back to the question you fail to answer over and over again and still do.

Are you, now, a fully sworn LEO?

You never actually answer that question with your vagueness. You hint at it. You name drop. You dance around it. You imply it but you never actually state it.

Whenever you get mad as hell about it all, grab your rifle and head outside. If you are the only one there...it's not time yet

"Few men desire liberty; most men wish only for a just master." - Sallust

Closed Thread