GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2012, 12:19   #26
frizz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,670
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBUS View Post
I get called one at least once a week.

I've found people will drop it because they don't get what they want, they want to "scare" you into giving in or they think it's justification for them going to jail/being stopped/cops coming to their apartment/house/duplex.

I've stoppe cars not even knowing what race the occupant(s) are.

Immediatly upon contact its "you stopped me because I'm (insert race)"

I tend to laugh at people when I hear it.
Liar liar pants on fire!

You sensed their race and went after them because they were (insert minority here).


Kidding, of course. But I wouldn't be surprised if you have heard something like this.
frizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 12:31   #27
Gills63
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 184
It happens to a lot of people for a lot of reasons. I tend to tell people that I hate them for who they are not their race.

Side story... In college I used to work at a Liquor Store in a big city. I had regular customers of all races, social standing, etc. I once asked for ids from a black couple. Well they got all mad and started calling me a rascist, etc, etc.

Several very large rough looking black regulars were waiting in line while this was going. They "politely" told the irate customers that they needed to back off and that they had no right to talk to me that way. Pretty cool situation. I jokingly asked the regulars if I could get a recording of what they said for future use.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine
Gills63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 13:08   #28
badge315
Senior Member
 
badge315's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Middleburg, FL
Posts: 3,700
Black people who want to piss and moan about slavery and discrimination can kiss the whitest part of my ass. Unlike my people, they were never systematically rounded up for extermination. If they want to call me a racist fine...like I give a crap what a bunch of anti-Semites think.
__________________
"I am the sum of all evil...yet many still seek me out; a green jewel they must possess. But see how I destroy their lives."

- The Loc-Nar
badge315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 13:15   #29
kirgi08
Silver Membership
Watcher.
 
kirgi08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Acme proving grounds.
Posts: 26,668
Blog Entries: 1


Quote:
Originally Posted by Deployment Solu View Post
A "Racist" is someone who is winning an argument with a LIBERAL!!!!
__________________
I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

If you look like food,You will be eaten.

Rip Chad.You will be missed.
kirgi08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 13:16   #30
tantrix
J'aimeLouisiane
 
tantrix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Louisiana, CSA
Posts: 9,200
Quote:
Originally Posted by badge315 View Post
Black people who want to piss and moan about slavery and discrimination can kiss the whitest part of my ass. Unlike my people, they were never systematically rounded up for extermination. If they want to call me a racist fine...like I give a crap what a bunch of anti-Semites think.
Wooo...you saw a black card, and raised them a Jew card. Well played, sir.
tantrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 13:17   #31
edporch
Senior Member
 
edporch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Indianapolis, Indiana, USA
Posts: 335
I was called a racist (and a redneck) in college because I said that race made no difference and we should treat everybody the same...

On the other hand, the people accusing me of "racism" were people who had a different "formula" for everybody and categorized people by race.
Yet they weren't racists (according to them)...
__________________
G20/21/23/27/29/30
NRA Life Member
GOA Life Member
SAF Life Member

Last edited by edporch; 11-13-2012 at 15:04..
edporch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 13:21   #32
Clutch Cargo
Amsterdam Haze
 
Clutch Cargo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: DFW
Posts: 1,059
It was a weapon used by the lazy negro airmen in the late 70s Air Force. The regular black guys who did their job didn't need a crutch
__________________
GTDS
I'm not as think as you drunk I am.
Clutch Cargo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 13:45   #33
Chesafreak
Senior Member
 
Chesafreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Chesapeake, VA
Posts: 1,632
Quote:
Originally Posted by arclight610 View Post
I'm a "minority," so it's harder to use the racist card on me.
Actually, no its not harder to use the racist card on a minority. Racists can be any color, and in my own PERSONAL experiences, I have seen many more racists who were minorites than not.

RANT

While I was a kid, I despised one of my uncles because he was always spouting racist crap and was always griping about blacks/mexicans/women/gays. I hated to be around him. Growing up I had friends who were minorities, and I disliked racists. Now as a middle aged white male, I have started to realize that blacks are the most racist group.

When I was fifteen, I went to live with my dad in a black neighborhood. I went to a mostly black high school that first year. While walking to/from school, I was frequently attacked and had to learn how to fight pretty fast. If I wasn't attacked on any given day, I at least had people making racist remarks to me.

I have been a victim of reverse discrimination, and it cost me. I was told straight up by a supervisor who sat on the board that decided who was going to be meritoriously advanced (Navy CAP) that the other guy was chosen because he was a minority and his advancement exam scores were much lower than mine and they didn't think he would get advanced on his own. It didn't matter to them that I studied constantly. I carried index cards around in my back pocket and if I had a spare moment, I studied. He got advanced and got payed a year before I did because of his race. Yes I did make it on my own which I am proud of, but did he really deserve to get a years difference in pay for being mediocre?

I have had minorities say things that were absolutely false and I could prove it, but I was called racist for disagreeing.

One black guy I worked with in the Navy (we were the same rank and were peers) at one point refused to talk to me because "I was holding him back". One night at sea, we got the call for flight deck troubleshooters (H-60 helos). We grabbed our tools and took off running through the ship to get to the flight deck. He was ahead of me while we were running to the flight deck. Nobody could see us hustling to get there. Once we get to the flight deck where EVERYONE could see us, he stopped running while I kept on. (You know the value of hustling or "chop chop" if you've been in the military.) Because I kept on going and got there first instead of be-bopping my way to the helo, he said I jumped in front of him and didn't give him a chance, so I "held him back".

Up until about a year ago I was working with two black guys in a shop with a total of 6 people. Two of us white boys got awards for going above and beyond. After that, we kept hearing those two talking smack about racism like they didn't know we were in the room. The thing is that while we were working our butts off, these two were surfing porn on the internet while others answered a higher number of calls, and one was conducting personal business on company time with company resources. Both eventually got fired after being given MANY more chances and warnings than our employer has ever given any white person.

The majority of the people who have been rude to me in public or in traffic have been black.

These are only a very few of my experiences with racist minorities who felt a sense of entitlement. I don't want to turn this post into a book.

Yes, there are trash of every color, but the vast majority of the racists I have been in contact with in my lifetime have been black.

/RANT

Last edited by Chesafreak; 11-13-2012 at 14:20..
Chesafreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 13:59   #34
janice6
Platinum Membership
NRA
 
janice6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: minnesota
Posts: 17,281


Racism is an excuse, a crutch. It is used by minorities and "white", or Northern European, alike.

The purpose of claiming racism in modern society is to demean another, and nothing more. Most of the time it has no basis in fact. Mostly it is just a slur used against someone that had opinions different from someone else.

It is used to try to deflate an argument, and to personalize the attack, because a person claiming it either wants something, or disagrees with something, yet has come up with no counterpoint.

I believe in trying to get the best performer regardless of personal characteristics. I have seen high performers in color, of any shade, and of Northern Europeans. I have also seen lack of performance by each.

The way to eliminate racism is to simply quit using the term. No reference to race or color should be on any paperwork. Work history, previous performance and education, should be documented.

If aggrieved by the accusation of racism, and proof exists, the courts have recourse to stop it within the power of the law. The courts will not eliminate racism (but may actually further aggravate it); however it is a legal recourse.

Racism claims exist because someone believes they have less, because of the actions of another. They feel it is certainly through no fault of their own. It is now used to acquire something that is desired, not to point out the existence of a real problem.

I agree with the posting that you don't have to be any particular color to be a P***k, they come in all colors and sizes. You just have to stop using racism as a crutch, and start worrying about competency, honesty and responsibility instead.

I do not believe in "original sin" either, by religion, or history. The past is gone. Get on with the present and future. Punishing for past perceptions is not a valid excuse for driving the future. Progress is the means of changing the future.

Some "cultures" see no value in honesty, education and working. Until that changes, racism will be the excuse.

Promoting the use of unsubstantiated claims of racism is a means to stagnate the future. It will ensure the present will not change.
__________________
janice6

"Peace is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". Anonymous

Earp: Not everyone who knows you hates you.
DOC: I know it ain't always easy bein' my friend....but I'll BE THERE when you need me.
janice6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 14:42   #35
larry_minn
Silver Membership
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 17,806
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berto View Post
People who throw that term around are usually the worst racist.
I have to agree with this. I am often amazed at folks who scream "Racist" If they ever listen to themselves.
larry_minn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 14:46   #36
repooc
Senior Member
 
repooc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: The burg
Posts: 2,224
Beware the Thought Police are everywhere.
__________________
I like a man who grins when he fights.
Winston Churchill
repooc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 15:00   #37
ppicasso
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: sw fla
Posts: 85
I once not long ago pulled over a guy at night for driving without tail lights. As I approached the driver's door it opened. After a moment of tense conversation, I asked the guy why he didn't just open the window. He told me it was because he had just gotten the windows tinted. He then asked me why I stopped him. I told him it was because he had no tail lights. He called B.S. and said it was because he was black and I had nothing better to do than stop black people in white neighborhoods. I pointed out the neighborhood (spanish/haitian) and told him he was Haitian (he had recently immigrated from Haiti) and he didn't count as black and his windows were tinted illegally. Yes I later got in a little trouble for saying that. He said almost nothing after that, got his ticket annnnnnd later complained on me.

This brings me to my point, I see the label of rasist being brought against people for the rasist's benefit. In this case, a person of color that has been in this country for less than 3 months is using a term that for him has no meaning in his country. He was using it in an attempt to benefit from it.

I'm far from being a rasist, but I am prejudiced to the point that I pre-judge sometimes based on appearance for my safety.

If I were rasist then my American/vietnamese wife would have an issue with it. Especially since she is (black) American/Vietnamese, and gorgeous!
ppicasso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 15:14   #38
RGbiker
Senior Member
 
RGbiker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Arizona
Posts: 1,380
As a supervisor in a Pennsylvania Correctional facility just outside Philadelphia, part of my duties involved coercing/asking/ordering junior officers to report to work on time or to cease their abuse of sick leave.

Of course, to the Union and the offending officers (Insert color) I dealt with....I was labeled a Racist.......
__________________
If Obama is the answer, then how stupid was the question?
RGbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 15:24   #39
Hef
Stop Obammunism
 
Hef's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Hilton Head, SC
Posts: 4,971
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilgunguygt View Post
Not really. The because you are a minority doesnt mean that you cant hate someone based on thier race(not saying you do).

I once had a black guy tell me that he couldnt be racist, HE WAS BLACK!
I've heard that BS before.
__________________
Molon labe
Hef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 15:26   #40
Andy W
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Kansas
Posts: 3,847
Yes it is. In class we were having a discussion the other day and one guy said something pretty ignorant but not racist by any means. Then this wierd little debate team guy starts ripping into him in his lispy annoying voice about how racist he was. He was qucikly laughed away by the whole class though. So yes "racist" is the new buzzword for liberals when they don't like something you say but can't articulate why they disagree with you.
Andy W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 15:39   #41
RonS
Senior Member
 
RonS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 1999
Location: Oh, USA
Posts: 10,176
Its another way to not have to think about someone else's opinion or reasoning. Saves effort to lump everyone you dislike into one group.
__________________
Decent law abiding people must fear criminals and the law while criminals have nothing to fear.
RonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 15:44   #42
hogfish
Señor Member
 
hogfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: fl
Posts: 4,053
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batesmotel View Post
In the past week I have been called a racist three times.

Once because I hired a couple of Mexican nationals to do some work. One was a laborer from a temp agency and the other was a rather skilled finish carpenter who is self employed. The carpenter came well recommended and the temp agency just sent someone. Nationality had nothing to do with it. But because I had a Mexican doing manual work I am a racist?

Second time was because I declined to have a drink of Mescal at dinner during a social function. He said I must hate Mexicans. Problem is I don't drink at all. If I refused a shot of Ouzo would that mean I hate Greeks?

And today a dirt bag immigration lawyer called me one because I didn't find his client a condo. The guy is a Chinese national who may not be in the US legally. I think his visa expired.

He refused to sigh an agency agreement so he is not legally my client. He wants to pay cash but refuses to get a Proof of Funds letter from his bank. And he refuses to sign a FIRPTA disclosure that is required by all foreign nationals buying or selling property.

Anyone else seeing flippant accusations of racism recently?
You might be a racist if you don't agree with the Left Wing.

You might be a traitor/non-patriot if you don't agree with the Right Wing.

Ergo, you might be a racist traitor if you are libertarian.

__________________
Opinions are like noses...everybody's got one.

"Almost no matter the question, capitalism and freedom are the answers, while government and religion are not." Syclone538
hogfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 15:50   #43
Clutch Cargo
Amsterdam Haze
 
Clutch Cargo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: DFW
Posts: 1,059
Quote:
Originally Posted by repooc View Post
Beware the Thought Police are everywhere.
__________________
GTDS
I'm not as think as you drunk I am.
Clutch Cargo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 16:05   #44
el_jewapo
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 3,637
I saw a comedy skit about it the other day. Key and Peele if I'm not mistaken. They said "racist" is the white mans "N" word. Honkey didn't work, cracker didn't work, but racist works. It was funny and true.
el_jewapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 16:07   #45
Flying-Dutchman
Senior Member
 
Flying-Dutchman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 4,075
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batesmotel View Post
He refused to sigh an agency agreement so he is not legally my client. He wants to pay cash but refuses to get a Proof of Funds letter from his bank.
Translation:

He will waste your time then buy from someone else...

When he says cash he means cash, a briefcase stuffed with currency...
Flying-Dutchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 16:12   #46
Clutch Cargo
Amsterdam Haze
 
Clutch Cargo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: DFW
Posts: 1,059
Quote:
Originally Posted by el_jewapo View Post
I saw a comedy skit about it the other day. Key and Peele if I'm not mistaken. They said "racist" is the white mans "N" word. Honkey didn't work, cracker didn't work, but racist works. It was funny and true.
I'm offended by use of the "h" and "c" words. Why the mods allow the use of such words while condeming the use of the "n" word is beyond me.
__________________
GTDS
I'm not as think as you drunk I am.
Clutch Cargo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 16:17   #47
Never Nervous
Senior Member
 
Never Nervous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Metro ATL
Posts: 2,233
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berto View Post
People who throw that term around are usually the worst racist.
Back in the day of pot, free love and protest, some of the most racist people I knew were white guys with afros trying to hit on black women. I was in Mass at the time.

NN
__________________
____________________________________________
"Religion is for people who are afraid to go to hell. Spiritually is for people who have already been there."
Never Nervous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 16:19   #48
Batesmotel
Senior Member
 
Batesmotel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Salt Lake City
Posts: 12,642
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying-Dutchman View Post
Translation:

He will waste your time then buy from someone else...

When he says cash he means cash, a briefcase stuffed with currency...
Correct. That is why I dumped him fast. Now he has a lawyer from some free legal service basically threatening me if I don't find the guy a condo.

Without an agency agreement, documentation of where the money came from and a FIRPTA statement, no realtor will deal with him. His best bet is a for sale by owner. But then he has none of the protections that come with using an agent.

He came off like "bend the rules for us or we will report you for discrimination"
__________________
If it can't get you in trouble, it's not an adventure.
Batesmotel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 16:30   #49
el_jewapo
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 3,637
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch Cargo View Post
I'm offended by use of the "h" and "c" words. Why the mods allow the use of such words while condeming the use of the "n" word is beyond me.
Yeah, honkey and cracker are perfectly acceptable in most any social setting. Can't use the "N" word anywhere in any context.

Last edited by el_jewapo; 11-13-2012 at 16:32..
el_jewapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 16:41   #50
427
 
427's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: KUMSC
Posts: 7,000
If one is a minority, they can be a racist against their own "kind". That's happened to me.

What's the deal "88" or "14/88" or a variation at the end of a screen name? Does that have anything to do with racism?
__________________
Death twitches my ear. "Live," he says, "I am coming."
Virgil, Minor Poems

Enjoy yourself. It's later than you think.
427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:35.



Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 1,125
325 Members
800 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,244
Nov 11, 2013 at 11:42