Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Closed Thread

Old 11-11-2012, 11:06   #101
glock031

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkeat View Post
OWM (OWN)? First time I heard of this. Any supporting documentation? If you're correct does it somehow change anything?
Now you have heard for the first time.

Originaly posted by ar15 site staff - Aimless

"If you mean M4carbine it's owned by GandR Tactical (Grant Timberlake) and Bravo Company (Paul Buffoni) and run by Grant 'kicked off arfkom" Timberlake and Paul 'I got kicked off Arfkom too" Hotaling. Grant obviously is a Bravo Co dealer and Paul works for Alias Training and Security, which I think is owned by Bravo Company."

Yes BCM makes a good product. But so do many other companies that don't receive a honest nor fair play over at the non full disclosure we exist to support our product forum.

Last edited by glock031; 11-11-2012 at 11:52..
Old 11-11-2012, 15:02   #102
mjkeat

Links please.

Also show me any other AR w/ a higher satisfaction rating and following than BCM. I am in no way a blind fanboy and own ARs from other manufacturers. But it's hard to deny the value BCM brings to the table.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Last edited by mjkeat; 11-11-2012 at 15:26..
Old 11-11-2012, 16:16   #103
Matthew Courtney
CLM Number 285
Instructor #298

Quote:
Links please.

Also show me any other AR w/ a higher satisfaction rating and following than BCM. I am in no way a blind fanboy and own ARs from other manufacturers. But it's hard to deny the value BCM brings to the table.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
BCM not only make top notch firearms, their innovation and execution in bringing accessories to the market has caused other companies to step up their games, which benefits us all. You just have to love a company that sells competitors stuff alongside their own. Do they market aggressively? Hell yes they do! Volume makes it possible for them to sell great gear at affordable prices.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Old 11-11-2012, 19:58   #104
Warp
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Update: On the second to last round out of March 2009 production 20 round PMAG, with Federal M193, I had a failure to feed today. First non-flawless anything with it. Round count was less than expected for the day (barely over 300), putting the running total on the rifle to a little over 1,600

I HIGHLY recommend Google Chrome and Adblock to all world wide web users. (I would have left GT a long time ago without these extensions!)

Last edited by Warp; 11-11-2012 at 19:58..
Old 11-11-2012, 22:13   #105
mjkeat

Warp, I'm not sure what manufacturer the AR was but I've heard the 20 rounders have had issues.
Old 11-11-2012, 22:24   #106
Warp
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote:
Warp, I'm not sure what manufacturer the AR was but I've heard the 20 rounders have had issues.
I had heard about the 20 round PMAGs maybe not being up to par. I only have one, and I haven't used it very much because, well, I heard enough to make it kinda questionable in my mind.

We'll see if I ever use that magazine again.

I HIGHLY recommend Google Chrome and Adblock to all world wide web users. (I would have left GT a long time ago without these extensions!)
Old 11-12-2012, 05:36   #107
AA_Khost

[quote=Brian Brazier;19609041]for all the DS Haters here is Larry Vickers testing one

Dang,Larry put on a couple pounds in the past few years.

As for AR's I'll stick with my LaRue's and my Colts and my lone LMT.
I do have a Bushmaster that has been flawless but its from years ago when their QC was righteous.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Last edited by AA_Khost; 11-12-2012 at 05:37..
Old 11-12-2012, 07:47   #108
MD357

Quote:
Originally Posted by glock031 View Post
Now you have heard for the first time.

Originaly posted by ar15 site staff - Aimless

"If you mean M4carbine it's owned by GandR Tactical (Grant Timberlake) and Bravo Company (Paul Buffoni) and run by Grant 'kicked off arfkom" Timberlake and Paul 'I got kicked off Arfkom too" Hotaling. Grant obviously is a Bravo Co dealer and Paul works for Alias Training and Security, which I think is owned by Bravo Company."

Yes BCM makes a good product. But so do many other companies that don't receive a honest nor fair play over at the non full disclosure we exist to support our product forum.
I stand corrected, he WAS being literal.
Old 11-12-2012, 09:53   #109
fuzzy03cls

My experience with DPMS LPK's has been outstanding. I have 2 rifles now with them & they each have seen abuse.
Most small parts are made by CMT & lowers are also made by a few companies & then sent to whatever maker to finish them.
It's very likely to get the same parts from a DPMS kit as a DD kit or a spikes.
Again you have to understand how AR parts are made. Once you do all this brand snobbish crap gets put to bed. Believe whatever you guys want. My experience will dictate what I do.
Old 11-12-2012, 12:04   #110
mjkeat

Yep because there is no such thing as quality control of incoming parts from these "few companies."
Old 11-12-2012, 12:42   #111
Brian Brazier

[quote=AA_Khost;19622105]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Brazier View Post
for all the DS Haters here is Larry Vickers testing one
Tactical Arms - The M4 (Part 1 of 2) - YouTube

Dang,Larry put on a couple pounds in the past few years.

As for AR's I'll stick with my LaRue's and my Colts and my lone LMT.
I do have a Bushmaster that has been flawless but its from years ago when their QC was righteous.
Yeah he has, I think the AR market is allot like the 1911 market, you have everything from low end production to high end production, semi and full on custom. Much like the 1911 market I belive there are lower priced rifles that might not be 100% "Milspec", but will provide years of failure free shooting for the owner.
Old 11-12-2012, 12:54   #112
Matthew Courtney
CLM Number 285
Instructor #298

Quote:
Yep because there is no such thing as quality control of incoming parts from these "few companies."
Great point! Gun makers do not just recieve parts and put them together. They moniter the quality of the parts and the rifles at every step of the assembly process. Recognizing out of spec parts as well as tolerance stacking with inspections and function checks are integral parts of the manufacturing process for the better manufacturers.

Old 11-13-2012, 10:01   #113
Chuck TX
CLM Number 243
Charter Lifetime Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Courtney View Post
I did no such thing. You are a liar. List the names of the people I supposedly degraded and the number of the post in which I allegedly degraded them.
Perhaps it was an unintended insinuation that folks who relay bad experiences with [insert] brand are mall ninjas. Which has become the favorite rally cry during brand war threads. Maybe that is not what you meant.

Whenever there's a thread rolling along and most folks are participating civilly, providing info based on personal experiences and science, it never fails that someone jumps in with name calling and a position based on what so and so allegedly uses.

I guess I saw in your post what killed this sub-forum, and why industry professional don't come here.
Old 11-13-2012, 10:49   #114
LL6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck TX View Post
I guess I saw in your post what killed this sub-forum, and why industry professional don't come here.
I see people who want to ask questions without running the gauntlet of elitest bashings.
Old 11-13-2012, 11:21   #115
Matthew Courtney
CLM Number 285
Instructor #298

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck TX View Post
Perhaps it was an unintended insinuation that folks who relay bad experiences with [insert] brand are mall ninjas. Which has become the favorite rally cry during brand war threads. Maybe that is not what you meant.

Whenever there's a thread rolling along and most folks are participating civilly, providing info based on personal experiences and science, it never fails that someone jumps in with name calling and a position based on what so and so allegedly uses.

There was no unintended insinuation of anything. There was a direct, intended statement that mall ninjas abound who parrot what they have heard or read. Most statements about brands to avoid are made by folks with little or no first hand experience with those brands.

There are a couple of guys, Warp and Mj, among others, who limit their commentary to what they have seen. Guys who do that are not mall ninjas. Mall ninjas don't get out from behind the keyboard and help others learn to shoot, or shoot enough themselves to have first hand experiences to share. It was you, not me, that lumped informed thread contributers in with those parroting something they read while watching Spongebob.

Last edited by Matthew Courtney; 11-13-2012 at 11:22..
Old 11-13-2012, 11:34   #116
mjkeat

It's funny. We as a nation are fine w/ the education learned from reading text books and sitting through lectures by those who learned from text books to run the nation. Here however reading/researching a subject is dismissed as regurgitation.

I would take a book learner over the assumption making that runs rampid on this forum.
Old 11-13-2012, 11:44   #117
P99er
AKA PPQ'er

Typically, it is assumed a teacher has credentials and is certified to teach, and their performance is evaluated on a regular basis.

And teachers mostly don't just teach their "opinion", they generally stick to generally accepted knowledge in the subject, and follow the course as laid out by the school\university.

Internet wannabees....... not so much.

Last edited by P99er; 11-13-2012 at 11:47..
Old 11-13-2012, 11:46   #118
LL6

Quote:
I would take a book learner over the assumption making that runs rampid on this forum.
I guess this offsets your quote from Sporaticus?

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=rampid
Old 11-13-2012, 12:01   #119
P99er
AKA PPQ'er

Quote:
Originally Posted by LL6 View Post
I guess this offsets your quote from Sporaticus?
And he wants to be our teacher, and wants us all to look to him for input on our buying decisions.

Old 11-13-2012, 12:14   #120
Warp
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote:
It's funny. We as a nation are fine w/ the education learned from reading text books and sitting through lectures by those who learned from text books to run the nation. Here however reading/researching a subject is dismissed as regurgitation.

I am a very serious member and contributor on a forum for weight training/powerlifting/bodybuilding, all that stuff, and you know what? Nobody who 'learned' from a text book or a lecture has an opinion that anybody else gives a **** about. The textbook/classroom/labcoat types never know a damn thing compared to the guys who have done it, and who have helped others learn how to do it.

And the guys who show up with their fancy certifications or degrees are the absolute worst...they don't have a ****ing clue. (this includes MDs, chiropractors, personal trainers, and the like....95% are wrong on almost everything)

Don't put too much stake in textbook knowledge, especially wen it contradicts real life experience based knowledge.

*Though you do need to remember sample size and context. For example, I'm sure Matthew Courtney's experiences are several orders of magnitude greater than mine. And guys like LAV or Costa probably an order of magnitude greater still.

Whether you are reading a textbook or listening to one's experience, try to find out what their actual experience is, how much of it they have, and what the context/situation was for said experience. You may find that the people writing the textbooks don't really know very much.

Edit: Perhaps our willingness to take anything from a textbook (or from a person who learned from textbooks) as the gospel truth is part of why our educational system, as a country, SUCKS, and why foreigners seem to dominate the landscape at so many major universities.

Last edited by Warp; 11-13-2012 at 12:25..

Closed Thread