SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 11-12-2012, 21:24   #141
oldman11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason D View Post
I hope you all know they don't even have to send Jack Boots to every house to collect the banned items. All they need to do is make them illegal and a felony to have in your possession.

Every time a gun owner is found with any now contraband, they would be made an example of. Now getting my colon punched daily for 10-15 by a 6'5", 350# con named Tiny is not my idea of a good time.

We may have a little time though. I would hazard a guess that nothing happens right away. Perhaps to lull us into a false sense of security. There is another election in just two years. It is my understanding that there will be a lot more liberal seats up in the air.
It would make a lot more sense for them to hold off until after the election.

Then again they are not really a rational bunch.

I will be devoting every dollar to securing potentially banned items.
Panic buying? Maybe. Hording? Most definitely. Smart? Damn right!
Hey Jason, I don't think you understand. We aren't going to prison!
oldman11 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 21:38   #142
flyover

I see that Yahoo.com has an article titled "Secession petitions filed in 20 states" The last secssion wasn't so peaceful.

Tried to get a link to this story but not having any luck.

Last edited by flyover; 11-12-2012 at 21:52..
flyover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 23:16   #143
bumpin88

IMHO, I believe you are all going about this the wrong way, saying that they'll be some sort of fight "when" they confiscate weapons.

BB can take all our guns away without much of a fight. They don't have to ban GUNS or ammo anytime soon. All they have to do is what they are doing RIGHT now. DESTROY THE ECONOMY. And you will never expect a thing when your out of a job. Only when the majority of the poplulation is destitute and starving will they come for the weapons, after ammunition is virtually gone, can't buy it if the companies are out of business, and you don't have money anyhow.

If anything is going to be banned, I'd guess it woud be storage/hoarding large quantities of FOOD/Water.

If most of the population is starving, how are they going to fight. Even the best Soldiers starve to death. Don't forget about looters, rioters and civil unrest in general, reasons to use up valuable ammo.

They have set the course, and someone has done his homework well on how to control/disarm a population. Feinstein not so much. It's like cooking frogs, gently and slowly increase the heat.

Oh yeah, do you think the military recruits they'll get from the ghetto's care about you or your Families, they're use to killing people over nothing. And they will follow orders to the T. Once the orders do come down to confiscate weapons. But that will not happen first, like I already said other more important liberties/amenities will be taken first.

Again just MHO
bumpin88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 23:21   #144
Warp
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Serious tin foil hattery going on here

I HIGHLY recommend Google Chrome and Adblock to all world wide web users. (I would have left GT a long time ago without these extensions!)
Warp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 23:38   #145
Scott3670

One point that we all need to keep in our minds is that the Feds have no idea what guns we have (other than NFA weapons). This is a law that was passed by Congress (The Firearms Owners Protection Act of 1986). And I can tell you for a fact that the Feds truly have no idea what non-NFA guns any of us own. Now, state registration is a separate issue, so states like California and New York do know what you have, so you're hosed on that level, but surprisingly, Illinois has no state registration.

The bottom line is that the US Government will not be coming for your guns.

Life is tough. It's tougher if you're stupid.
Scott3670 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 23:46   #146
mixflip

I sold all my guns and didnt ask for a receipt. Thanks for stopping by.

Can you just take a look around?

Nope...not unless you have a warrant.
mixflip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 23:51   #147
MotoGlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by badge315 View Post

As opposed to unfinished idiots?
Dude, I posted from an ipad and it must have auto corrected.
Thanks for noticing.
MotoGlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 23:54   #148
rednoved
NRA Member

If they get to the point where they are taking guns, I doubt they will need to comeback with warrant.
rednoved is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 01:47   #149
Electrikkoolaid
Grape flavored!

General Firearms Forum

The first rule of [gun rights] fight club...
Old 11-13-2012, 02:02   #150
SpectreRider
Armed Citizen

What a strange coincidence...

What a strange coincidence that the moment that EBR's are required to be turned in is the moment that they find their true purpose.

A decade ago, my son returned home from a day at kindergarten and asked me, " Daddy, Why do you have a gun? Only police men are supposed to have guns."

A can tell you from experience that it takes over an hour of time and several sessions before a kindergartener is able to say, "My Daddy has a gun to protect the Constitution that keeps us free."

How will we remain a free people if we give up the means to enforce our claim to our rights. When they ask for the guns we must fight to keep them. If not, the day they are turned in, somewhere in this country sits a rail car that will see service hauling those who will not conform.
SpectreRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 02:23   #151
Electrikkoolaid
Grape flavored!

The gov doesn't have to go door-to-door to get guns.

They just make a few high-profile busts on TV, use the media to demonize the few patriots who actually have the cajones to go down fighting, and the majority of gun owners will pee themselves racing to comply.

Those left will have to hide their guns so deep as to make them essentially useless.

Just ask the IRS how easy it is to intimidate the masses into compliance with unpopular legislation.
Old 11-13-2012, 03:11   #152
NEOH212
Diesel Girl

Over my dead body is the only way they ever will.

Old 11-13-2012, 08:21   #153
Bruce M

Out of curiosity for those that would fight, are there any circumstances in which you might not fight when they come for your guns? Suppose you glanced out the front and back doors and there were say a couple dozen or more heavily armed and armored tactical types - the odds were overwhelmingly against you. What if instead of at home, they came for you at work, or at the grocery store?
I never talked to anyone who had to fire their gun who said "I wished I had the smaller gun and fewer rounds with me" Just because you find a hundred people who agree with you on the internet does not mean you're right.
Bruce M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 08:22   #154
Fear Night
NRA Life Member

As a Type 3 FFL (C&R) holder, we are subject to an annual inspection of our C&R guns and bound book from the BATFE. I have yet to be called for inspection, but from what I have read, the common practice is to have all your C&R guns out of your safe and ready for inspection before the agent enters your home.

What if the agent asks to view the rest of your collection? What if the agent suspects you may be hiding certain C&R weapons from your bound book and demands to see them all to make sure?

These reasons could be used as the guise to also try to spot any banned "assault rifles" at the same time. This worries me greatly.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
|
|
Fear Night is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 08:46   #155
CarryTexas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce M View Post
Out of curiosity for those that would fight, are there any circumstances in which you might not fight when they come for your guns? Suppose you glanced out the front and back doors and there were say a couple dozen or more heavily armed and armored tactical types - the odds were overwhelmingly against you. What if instead of at home, they came for you at work, or at the grocery store?
I would add: you have your wife and kids with you...

If the gov comes for you unless you have a sizable force you're screwed. Any resistance would have to have widespread support.

Maybe the "Cold dead hands" types would inspire that support, but you as an individual will not survive.
CarryTexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 09:24   #156
Glockdude1
CLM Number 185
Federal Member

Who would pay the many millions of dollars it would take to pay all of the officers to do such a confiscation?

Not going to happen........
Old 11-13-2012, 10:07   #157
FireForged
Millenium #3936

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC_Dave View Post
Here it comes boys!

Turn Them Over: Feinstein Moves To Ban ALL Assault Rifles, High Capacity Magazines, and Pistol Grips

http://www.shtfplan.com/headline-new...grips_11072012
Nobody is going to demand that you turn in anything that you already lawfully possess and nobody is going to "come for your guns". I realize that many guns were taken during katrina but those guns have been returned and those acts condemed. Many things may happen and (worse case), we may not be able to sell or transfer banned weapons already "in possession" but even that would be unlikely- possible but unlikely.

Do I believe that a new AWB is likely? (Sure do). Do I believe that our gun laws are going to eventually become something akin to a UK model? (Yep)..How long? Not in our lifetime.

Last edited by FireForged; 11-13-2012 at 10:15..
FireForged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 10:57   #158
racer88
NRA & SAF mbr

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarryTexas View Post
I would add: you have your wife and kids with you...

If the gov comes for you unless you have a sizable force you're screwed. Any resistance would have to have widespread support.

Maybe the "Cold dead hands" types would inspire that support, but you as an individual will not survive.
I don't recall anyone saying they would face the tyrannical government forces ALONE. We didn't face the Brits on an individual basis during the Revolution.

Obviously, this wouldn't and couldn't be a revolution of individuals acting alone against a tyrannical government.

So, the appropriate question is: How many here would join forces (militia) and fight for the freedom of our country? Or would you just roll over?

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom — go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!- Samuel Adams

Last edited by racer88; 11-13-2012 at 12:26..
racer88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 13:21   #159
Bruce M

Would the militia all live together or would you go back to the family homestead at night? Do you leave the guns at the militia office or do they go home with you at night? How does the militia communicate - email? Is that monitored?
I never talked to anyone who had to fire their gun who said "I wished I had the smaller gun and fewer rounds with me" Just because you find a hundred people who agree with you on the internet does not mean you're right.
Bruce M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 13:31   #160
scattershot

Any Aussies on here? They could tell you how the government did it when they confiscated all the guns in Oz.
scattershot is offline   Reply With Quote