SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-13-2012, 05:39   #1
Glock 1

Finally took my CHL class

I finally got around to taking my CHL class for Texas. I have a brother-in-law who is an instructor and he threw together a last minute class for a friend of his and invited me and a couple of others along at a heavy discount so I took him up on it. His friend whom he put the class together for never called or showed, go figure.

But, we had coffee, Jack in the Box, lots of laughs and learned a lot about different types of force and when to use it. Plus, we got to go shoot. I confess I was nervous about the shooting part. I am not very good at my local range. However, I scored 249 out of 250 (If they still scored them that way that is) and all but 4 were in the 9 -10 ring. Hopefully if my life ever depends on it I will have the same results.

I tested with my Glock 21SF with Remington UMC 230gr. ball ammo. That is not what I intend to carry though. Now all I have to do is the part online, get fingerprinted and send it all off. I have my FFL so I don’t anticipate any issues and I buy guns all the time so it looks like I am in the market for a good carry rig. I am thinking of IWB small of back or 3’o’clock as that is where my hand goes naturally. I imagine I will go through several types before I find something I like but it will be worth it.

I am going to be reading in the Carry Issues forum for awhile before i start asking questions as I am sure alot of them can be answered that way.

Anyway, I am excited to be one more armed American exercising his 2nd amendment rights.

The Pistol Depot
Glock 1 is offline   Reply With Quote