SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 11-11-2012, 12:40   #101
jdavionic
NRA Member

Nah..."it ain't going to happen"

Yea, okay. Has it happened before? Yes. Katrina should be a good example.

Is there momentum for making it happen now? Yes, both party members have indicated that further gun restrictions are something that "should be" tackled. And when there is another mass shooting, you will see an acceleration.

Do I expect them to knock on doors when the laws change or treaty is signed? No. However I do expect that you'll be told to turn them in or you will be deemed a criminal. If you then take them to the range, post about your vast collection, order parts for them, etc, you may then get a knock on the door. If you use them in self defense, you will be convicted of the respective crime. If the government expands enough to check on ownership, you may receive threatening calls or letters.

So, no...I don't see door-to-door searches. However I see you being put in a position where you either curl up in the corner and be quiet about them or you will be deemed a criminal.

Enjoy, America...this is the change you voted for.

"No matter how bad it gets, if you're still alive it's just another bad day."
jdavionic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 13:06   #102
Ruggles

Quote:
Originally Posted by kswiss View Post
10mm..... will not go through armor

im sure you were being sarcastic tho
I have never fired a 10mm (to scared to myself) but I hear they are basically small nuclear projectiles
Ruggles is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 13:32   #103
Clutch Cargo
Amsterdam Haze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sporaticus View Post
Maybe the left is floating this idea to blunt the massive increase in buying that comes with every democrat victory. I think it is political suicide for Representatives and Senators, and 1\3 of the Senate is up for reelection in 2014. I doubt the dems want this hanging over their head. But then, I had a fool (gun store clerk) screaming at me in a gun store 4 years ago when I told him I didn't think the demorats had the political balls to ban guns.
I'd have asked him why he was working in a GUN STORE (before I had him fired for screaming at me)
Old 11-11-2012, 15:16   #104
Caver 60

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodenPlank View Post
Again, you think they have the manpower to visit evry single FFL in the nation and get copies of the 4473s and bound books?

Again, showing up to the FFLs to havest the 4473s would require massive manpower. Plus all the time and manpower to go through them. It's not that feasible to scan them, either. The paper used for the forms is crappy, and starts to degrade. Ive seen 18 month old 4473s that were falling apart and completely unreadable due to faded ink and rotting paper.

As for NICS, FL does it all at a state level. Even then, they get your info, and type of firearm. No make, model, serial number, etc. They know if it is a pistol, long arm, or receiver. Same goes for states that use federal NICS. Even if they did ignore federal law (which mandates destruction of the records within 72 hours, as I remember) and keep records, that's still a thin amount of info to go on.
Easy. Just change the law and tell the dealers to send them in or go to jail. Most will send them in. The ones that don't won't be that many, especially after a few have been publicly made examples of.

Any dealer that has gone out of business in the last 20 years, has sent them in already, or the ATF has already paid them a visit.

And they aren't going to believe all those face to face gun sales any more than they will believe all those tragic boating accidents, if you don't have some good documentation. May be a few isolated sales, but dozens or hundreds. Nothing else they will get you for being a dealer without a license.

Last edited by Caver 60; 11-11-2012 at 15:16..
Caver 60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 15:26   #105
Bruce M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruggles View Post
I have never fired a 10mm (to scared to myself) but I hear they are basically small nuclear projectiles
I never talked to anyone who had to fire their gun who said "I wished I had the smaller gun and fewer rounds with me" Just because you find a hundred people who agree with you on the internet does not mean you're right.
Bruce M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 15:54   #106
Chesafreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodenPlank View Post
Again, you think they have the manpower to visit evry single FFL in the nation and get copies of the 4473s and bound books?

Again, showing up to the FFLs to havest the 4473s would require massive manpower. Plus all the time and manpower to go through them. It's not that feasible to scan them, either. The paper used for the forms is crappy, and starts to degrade. Ive seen 18 month old 4473s that were falling apart and completely unreadable due to faded ink and rotting paper.

As for NICS, FL does it all at a state level. Even then, they get your info, and type of firearm. No make, model, serial number, etc. They know if it is a pistol, long arm, or receiver. Same goes for states that use federal NICS. Even if they did ignore federal law (which mandates destruction of the records within 72 hours, as I remember) and keep records, that's still a thin amount of info to go on.
The ATF is already doing this. One local gun store has taken the ATF to court over them demanding complete access to their records. The LGS won in court. It makes me proud to spend my hard earned dollars there but also makes me wonder how many other FFL's have caved in to the ATF and provided records.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/584349/posts

Bob's sued a second time when the ATF demanded all records of third party transfers.

Last edited by Chesafreak; 11-11-2012 at 15:55..
Chesafreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 16:33   #107
Sporaticus
Aw sheet main

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch Cargo View Post
I'd have asked him why he was working in a GUN STORE (before I had him fired for screaming at me)
That's the way they are at that particular store. The owner and other clerks heard it, but they just didn't care. Maybe they thought I was a democrat. The more he screamed about Obama banning guns, the more panic and fear the other customers felt, the more they bougth. It was all about creating a panic to separate us from our money.

The clerks at that store will lie their ass off about something, and when you tell them you know better, they lie some more and get all pissy. I don't buy there any more. I don't think I've been there since.

Quote:
I would take a book learner over the assumption making that runs rampid on this forum.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Sporaticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 17:30   #108
Jason D
Silver Membership
INFRINGED!

I will never in my life turn over my legally purchased property.
I am more than willing to protect what I have, by violence if necessary.

I have never harmed a person in my life. I hope to never have to. I will not however be pushed.

Alexander Hamilton, author of Federalist No. 1. 10/27/1787
Jason D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 18:23   #109
tuica

Stamps?

Wait a minute...isn't this site "Clock Talk?"
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGlockster View Post
Turn I what? I thought this was a.STAMP collecting site...

Last edited by tuica; 11-11-2012 at 18:24..
tuica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 18:26   #110
Cole125
Silver Membership

Pass the tin foil hats folks!

If the government tried to take peoples guns it would be Civil War #2, and your kidding yourself if you think otherwise.

First think of all the guys in this country who own a AR or AK, and then think of the number that would use them before handing them in. We are talking hundreds of thousands!
Cole125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 18:28   #111
The_Gun_Guru
Ban Democrats!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason D View Post
I will never in my life turn over my legally purchased property.
I am more than willing to protect what I have, by violence if necessary.

I have never harmed a person in my life. I hope to never have to. I will not however be pushed.
You are not alone

TGG
Kalashnikov Klub #4519
OD G19 - LOTS of AKs - Only ONE AR....but it's a Colt!
NO AMNESTY FOR ILLEGAL ALIENS!!!
This is America. If you can't or won't speak English, PLEASE LEAVE!!!
The_Gun_Guru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 04:15   #112
tshadow6

Feinstein

Why do the voters in CA keep re-electing her? If a Senator from FL tried that, he would be voted out the next election. Bill Nelson ran for Governor of FL on a gun control ticket and lost.
tshadow6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 07:25   #113
austinjunks

I am a vet, a firefighter, a paramedic, and a very proud American. I love my guns and my bourbon, try to take either and we will have problems. This country was built on us defending our family, our homes, our country and our rights. When I swore in I swore to defend our country against foreign AND domestic, and I intend to.

Austin via o hub
austinjunks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 07:46   #114
The_Gun_Guru
Ban Democrats!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by austinjunks View Post
I am a vet, a firefighter, a paramedic, and a very proud American. I love my guns and my bourbon, try to take either and we will have problems. This country was built on us defending our family, our homes, our country and our rights. When I swore in I swore to defend our country against foreign AND domestic, and I intend to.

Austin via o hub
I'm not a soldier nor a vet but I will defend this country against a tyrannical government with no hesitation....PERIOD!!!

There are a lot of Americans just like me, but they won't tip their hand the way we do on this forum, and that's okay because they will be there when we need them.

To those that don't believe there are patriots on this forum....You could not be more wrong!!!

TGG
Kalashnikov Klub #4519
OD G19 - LOTS of AKs - Only ONE AR....but it's a Colt!
NO AMNESTY FOR ILLEGAL ALIENS!!!
This is America. If you can't or won't speak English, PLEASE LEAVE!!!
The_Gun_Guru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 09:45   #115
scattershot

Here's some food for thought. All you guys with your CCW permits you are so proud of are low hanging fruit for any serious confiscation efforts. Who do you think they will start with?

Not trying to start anything, but just something to think about.
scattershot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 10:24   #116
redbaron007
Lifetime Membership
A Nice Prick!

Why do we need guns?

red
TopGun *357sig* Club - #2632
The 10 Ring #00720

R.I.P. Cajunator® ~ R.I.P. JTull7
R.I.P. Mullah (aka El_Ron1) ~ R.I.P. GioaJack ~ R.I.P. Okie

Last edited by redbaron007; 11-12-2012 at 10:24..
redbaron007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 10:39   #117
CLM Number 101
Monkeyboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by scattershot View Post
Here's some food for thought. All you guys with your CCW permits you are so proud of are low hanging fruit for any serious confiscation efforts. Who do you think they will start with?

Not trying to start anything, but just something to think about.
We don't want your food. Get the hell out outta here.

Politicians and judges who voted for, and supported, Obamacare are traitors to the country!
Con, the first 3 letters in Congress.
UN, the first 2 letters in UNnecessary.
12131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 10:44   #118
MotoGlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chesafreak View Post
If this scenario were to happen, I believe that many in the military and law enforcement would refuse to follow orders.

I want to belive this statement but unfortunately I do not.

To me I've come to the conclusion that law enforcement for the most part are mindless drones that will follow any order or unjust law and the military is no different. Sorry guys I don't mean to cop bash, I really dont. That's just reality.
MotoGlock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 10:46   #119
MotoGlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by tshadow6 View Post
Why do the voters in CA keep re-electing her? If a Senator from FL tried that, he would be voted out the next election. Bill Nelson ran for Governor of FL on a gun control ticket and lost.

San Francisco and the city of Los Angleles have a huge population of completed idiots.
We are outnumbered.
Old 11-12-2012, 10:48   #120
MotoGlock

Really, what are the odds that the government will erase the second ammendment?
I hope never. I doubt it would be an easy thing to do.