GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 11-10-2012, 10:11   #21
ojabog

AmeriGlo for me, I dislike the three dot system, they make the "i" or over/under sights that I much prefer.
Old 11-10-2012, 10:26   #22
dkf

I only use Ameriglo on my Glocks.
dkf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 10:37   #23
kodiakpb

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxGlock9 View Post
If I remember correctly the M&P rear sights are set inward a bit from the rear of the sight. I don't know of any glock sights that do that except for truglo rears pictured above...
Novak

https://www.trijicon.com/na_en/produ...3.php?pid=GL11

Sights, Optics and Lasers

Last edited by kodiakpb; 11-10-2012 at 10:38..
kodiakpb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 12:03   #24
MikeG36

There are a lot of good night sights on the market today. One of my favorites is the Trijicon HD. It is without a doubt, one of the best night sight designs ever created. The rear sight is designed to be used in an emergency (one arm disabled) to cycle the action. To reduce reflective glare, the rear sight has been cut at a slight angle and serrated. It also has a wide cut channel and there are no white outlines around the tritium inserts providing for a very clear sight picture - and making the front sight really stand out. The Front sight has a large colored luminescent ring that surrounds the tritium insert. This ring can be charged by either ambient or a flashlight to provide a temporary boost to the already very bright tritium insert.

In bright daylight, the combination of the blacked out rear sight and brightly colored front sight, make for an excellent sight picture. Target acquisition is quick and natural. At night with the front sight ring uncharged, the bright tritium inserts do their job nicely. If the front sight has been charged (with a flashlight) this provides for more rapid sight alignment.

Make no mistake about it; the Trijicon HD is designed for combat – not precision target shooting. That said they are very accurate and shooter not withstanding can group very tightly.

The front sight seems very tall but clearance has not been an issue with any of my gun leather (See list below) nor has snagging on clothing when drawing from concealment.

Milt Sparks Versa Max II
Milt Sparks 55BN
Galco Triton IWB
Galco Matrix Paddle
Minute Man Pancake
Blackhawk Serpa

Here’s a view of the front sight. Note the high profile and bright yellow luminescent ring surrounding the tritium insert.

Here’s a side profile of the sight. As you can see it is large and the front is squared off for emergency cycling using a boot heel, belt or pocket.

This is the sight picture in daylight. Note that the tritium inserts do not have white outlines.

Here’s a couple of shot of the night sights in low light with the luminescent ring uncharged and charged.

Here’s an accuracy test I did when I first got the HDs. Not bad but I can do even better now.

MikeG36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 17:14   #25
heiduke

GLOCK factory sights are good for 3-dots, I've tried TFO's, XS Big dots, Meprolight orange/green, and Meprolight 3 dot white. For consistency, I stick with factory 3-dot whites on all of my social guns.
heiduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 17:59   #26
Providence

I can't comment on the comparison between NSs, but I can say that, last week, the bride and I took our Glocks down to Smyrna for NSs. $57 per set installed. The Glock guy said to bring the guns back in 8 years for a free NS replacement.
Georgia Club Member #106
Tactical Shotgun Club #58
Rimfire Club #193
Snubbie Club #18
Providence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 21:46   #27
dolefee

Trij HDs gets my vote. Have the Yellow HDs on my G22 and Orange HDs on my XD-S, talk about fast target acquisition, and accurate too. The TruGlo TFOs on my G23 is a close second cuz the sights seem to glow during the daytime due to the fiber optic, which on the other hand is also its weak point due to fiber optic rods not being as durable. The Trij NS that came with my G19 and factory Glock NS(Mepros) on my other G23 aren't even in the same league as the Trij HDs and TruGlo TFOs, imho...
dolefee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 12:28   #28
tpr7304

I prefer the Ameriglo Pro Operator sights with the orange ring front sight. Very similar to the Trijicon HD sights.
tpr7304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 12:48   #29
kshutt

I used to have a mix between Trijicon and Meprolight night sights. Now I have Trijicons on everything. I got tired of those "billy club" thick front sights that Mep puts out.
kshutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 08:12   #30
glockster76

here's my Trijicon Night Sight on my Glock 18..

glockster76 is offline   Reply With Quote