GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2012, 17:30   #26
Gpruitt54
Senior Member
 
Gpruitt54's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 569
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wurger View Post
You are a slimy one aren't you - Mole Boy. Still trying to promote Obama and the left agenda? Go somewhere else to spread your lies.


To everyone else here: Gpruitt54 joined a few months ago and has been doing his best to spread discord here by attacking the supporters of the2nd amendment and conservatives in general while painting a unrealisticpositive picture of the current administration.(do a search on his posts) He appears to be a focus group participant who is working to suppress the vote. Hence the designation of 'Mole Boy'. Don't let him win!


Gun-Control Issues
Mole??? What? Is this tin foil helmet land or something?

Dude, I am not tring to win or defeate you. Dude I don't even freakin know you. I read a thread and I happened not to agree with it, so I commented. Last time I looked, I still lived in America, where you can give you opinion. What is so threatening about an opinion here? If I am wrong about something I will be the first admit it. But you will have to prove it first.

If this is some kind of alternative Taliban universe, then let me know and I'll see what I can do to have my threads translated into Taliban Arabic.

Last edited by Gpruitt54; 11-01-2012 at 17:55..
Gpruitt54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 17:45   #27
Gpruitt54
Senior Member
 
Gpruitt54's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 569
Quote:
Originally Posted by glockman66 View Post
Why don't you try a sell you baloney somewhere else, it won't sell here(at least to me). It was the city of New Orleans(Nagin & company) that confiscated the guns and didn't return them to their rightful owners. I don't remember the Second Amendment Foundation or the NRA naming any Bush administration officials(Republicans) or FEMA in their lawsuit against the City New Orleans' confiscation and non-return of the firearms.


http://www.examiner.com/article/as-i...rina-rekindled
As Isaac heads toward Big Easy, memories of Katrina rekindled
Tropical Storm Isaac
August 27, 2012
By: Dave Workman


AND


http://www.theblaze.com/stories/can-...nal-emergency/
Can the Police Take Your Gun(s) During a State of Emergency?
Posted on October 29, 2012 at 8:07pm
by Jason Howerton


Edwards said it is important that gun owners know their rights, especially ahead of potential disasters like Hurricane Sandy. In 2006, then-President George W. Bush signed an executive order called the Disaster Recovery Personal Protection Act that strengthened individual gun rights during a national emergency."...

..."ďWhat we saw locally was the mayor and police chief in New Orleans saying, youíre not going to be armed,Ē Edwards added.

The state of Louisiana also passed their own law that specifically forbids law enforcement agencies of disarming law abiding citizens."...
You dudes need to stop, take breath, and enough with all the hand wringing. Some of you guys seem truly the ipinion of other Americans. Gee, all the name calling, all the flaming. What are you sceared of the peat sakes. I have the right have an opinion that may differ with some of you guys (on some things). I'm not insisting that any of you agree with me. What is so threating about another opinion.

Look, if you cannot make your point against another opinion without all the flame and name calling, that ain't my problem. I am a gun owner, reloader, hunter, shooter who is not a blind follower of a party that I happen not to agree with.

Wow, what is Taliban.com?
Gpruitt54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 21:21   #28
Jerry
Moderator
 
Jerry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 1998
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 8,657
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gpruitt54 View Post
You dudes need to stop, take breath, and enough with all the hand wringing. Some of you guys seem truly the ipinion of other Americans. Gee, all the name calling, all the flaming. What are you sceared of the peat sakes. I have the right have an opinion that may differ with some of you guys (on some things). I'm not insisting that any of you agree with me. What is so threating about another opinion.

Look, if you cannot make your point against another opinion without all the flame and name calling, that ain't my problem. I am a gun owner, reloader, hunter, shooter who is not a blind follower of a party that I happen not to agree with.

Wow, what is Taliban.com?
Quote:
In 2006, then-President George W. Bush signed an executive order called the Disaster Recovery Personal Protection Act that strengthened individual gun rights during a national emergency."...
That would be Bush PROTECTING gun owners not trying to take their guns.

Quote:
What we saw locally was the mayor and police chief in New Orleans saying, you’re not going to be armed,
That would actually have been Demorat Mayor and Demorat Chief of Police... STEALING peoples' firearms.

I was here before, during and after Katrina. I was armed and no one dared try to take my firearms. They only prayed on the week and stupid.


Did you actually read the piece you just posted? Did you read it before you posted that the Republicans and George Bush were responsible for the confiscations? You know the post I responded to. Do you realize that Bush signed the bill to stop the Demorats or other politicians from doing it again? To bad the Louisiana's State constitution wasn't enough to stop a Demorat Mayor, Demlorat Chief of police and Demorat Governor.

Does anyone really believe the bill signed by Bush will stop them from trying it again? The Chief of police made the statement, after being told it was illegal, that if we had another disaster he'd do it again. That wasn't long before he resigned.

Why did I/we flame you for your opinion? Because it's the opinion of someone with their head up their own rectum and we're pretty much fed-up with people who have their head up their own rectums that try to force their emotional, illogical and BS OPINIONS on the rest of us.
__________________
Jerry
BIG DAWG #4

Liberal: Someone who is so open-minded their brains have fallen out.
Guns are not dangerous, people are.

Last edited by Jerry; 11-01-2012 at 21:33..
Jerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 06:29   #29
Gpruitt54
Senior Member
 
Gpruitt54's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 569
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
That would be Bush PROTECTING gun owners not trying to take their guns.



That would actually have been Demorat Mayor and Demorat Chief of Police... STEALING peoples' firearms.

I was here before, during and after Katrina. I was armed and no one dared try to take my firearms. They only prayed on the week and stupid.


Did you actually read the piece you just posted? Did you read it before you posted that the Republicans and George Bush were responsible for the confiscations? You know the post I responded to. Do you realize that Bush signed the bill to stop the Demorats or other politicians from doing it again? To bad the Louisiana's State constitution wasn't enough to stop a Demorat Mayor, Demlorat Chief of police and Demorat Governor.

Does anyone really believe the bill signed by Bush will stop them from trying it again? The Chief of police made the statement, after being told it was illegal, that if we had another disaster he'd do it again. That wasn't long before he resigned.

Why did I/we flame you for your opinion? Because it's the opinion of someone with their head up their own rectum and we're pretty much fed-up with people who have their head up their own rectums that try to force their emotional, illogical and BS OPINIONS on the rest of us.


Easy response. Obama has been president for 4 years. In the last 4 years, what guns have been taken (by order of this president) from whom?

This has been my initialpoint before all the tin foil helmet talk started in these threads. I admit to getting sucked into the fight by people acting Taliban heathens, demanding that only one point of view is acceptable on this open forum. I think that all the fretting and handwringing are simply ploys to get some low information votes all fired upand ready to go. All fired up for nothing. All fired up over a non-issue.

I can admit that I could be mistaken on one of my comments. But, my primary point is valid, and my assertion that some here are trumping up a non-truth in an attempt to setup political straw man. This happened when Obama won the presidency 4 years ago. I believe Iread some of those conspiracy theory rants here on this forum. I was not a member at that point. I was not a Glock owner then.
Gpruitt54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 07:42   #30
TheJ
Lifetime Membership
NRA Life Member
 
TheJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: GA
Posts: 1,478
Blog Entries: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gpruitt54 View Post
Easy response. Obama has been president for 4 years. In the last 4 years, what guns have been taken (by order of this president) from whom?

This has been my initialpoint before all the tin foil helmet talk started in these threads. I admit to getting sucked into the fight by people acting Taliban heathens, demanding that only one point of view is acceptable on this open forum. I think that all the fretting and handwringing are simply ploys to get some low information votes all fired upand ready to go. All fired up for nothing. All fired up over a non-issue.

I can admit that I could be mistaken on one of my comments. But, my primary point is valid, and my assertion that some here are trumping up a non-truth in an attempt to setup political straw man. This happened when Obama won the presidency 4 years ago. I believe Iread some of those conspiracy theory rants here on this forum. I was not a member at that point. I was not a Glock owner then.
Obama IS a gun banner and although he has not been very public about it since running for president (the second debate this year not withstanding), he has always been a gun banner.
The only thing that kept him in check was knowing he had to run for reelection. Once that restriction is lifted, he will be free to impose his view of "the world will be better without guns" nonsense he has embraced. Don't think that he has to go through Congress for this.

In his first term he used executive orders to put restrictions on gun dealers in states bordering Mexico; .....his State Department blocked the importation of tens of thousands of surplus rifles, saying they didn't want them to "fall into the wrong hands" (though every purchase would be reviewed by the FBI); ...his Secretary of State changed the U.S. policy on the proposed U.N. treaty which would restrict gun ownership, transfer and sales -- from opposing these restrictions to approving of them; and let's not forget that his Attorney General (the one who once said we have to brainwash how people think about guns)was found in contempt of Congress in the gun-running debacle called Fast and Furious, but Obama offered Eric Holder the shield of White House executive privilege.

...And all this was while he was having to be careful!

Imagine what is in store once the specter of reelection is removed.

No need to imagine. He tipped his hand in the second debate when he not only called for the return of the Clinton Gun Ban (aka, the "assault weapon" ban), but also took a jab at "cheap handguns," which brings back the memory of the gun banners' efforts to confiscate "Saturday Night Specials" (a term that can be expanded to include all handguns) and any other category of guns they could include.

Barack Obama is a gun banner. But it's even worse.

He has placed two rabidly anti-gun justices on the Supreme Court. If he is reelected, he will get to put two to four more on, which will move the court away from its decisions in the Heller and McDonald cases, and will have the court support Obama's position that no one in this country has a right to own a gun under the Second Amendment. Yes, that's what he said. The Second Amendment, according to this law professor, says that the government (National Guard) can have guns, but there is no individual right to firearms. That's the Supreme Court Obama is currently building.
__________________
Jay

The test of a first rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function. -F. Scott Fitzgerald
TheJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 10:22   #31
ArmoryDoc
Need a haircut
 
ArmoryDoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Kansas
Posts: 5,847
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
...So what's the difference in a woman killing a baby that has been born or one living inside her.
I think you just answered your own question, Jerry.
ArmoryDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 11:54   #32
Jerry
Moderator
 
Jerry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 1998
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 8,657
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gpruitt54 View Post
Easy response. Obama has been president for 4 years. In the last 4 years, what guns have been taken (by order of this president) from whom?

This has been my initialpoint before all the tin foil helmet talk started in these threads. I admit to getting sucked into the fight by people acting Taliban heathens, demanding that only one point of view is acceptable on this open forum. I think that all the fretting and handwringing are simply ploys to get some low information votes all fired upand ready to go. All fired up for nothing. All fired up over a non-issue.

I can admit that I could be mistaken on one of my comments. But, my primary point is valid, and my assertion that some here are trumping up a non-truth in an attempt to setup political straw man. This happened when Obama won the presidency 4 years ago. I believe Iread some of those conspiracy theory rants here on this forum. I was not a member at that point. I was not a Glock owner then.
I get really tired of repeating myself and dealing with people that don't seem to have the brain power that God gave a rock.

BUSH, NOR "ANYONE" IN THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT "other than the ATF under orders from the Chief of the New Orleans Police Department STOLE FIREARMS. Again it was the Demorat mayor, Demorat Chief and Demorat Governor.

90% of gun control bills have come from Demorat controlled congresses. Yes, some were signed by Republican presidents. But why not? If he vetoes the Congress will just overrule him and put it into law. You do know how the three branches work right? I doubt it!

There is only ONE REASON The Obomination has not "SIGNED" any gun legislation. CONGRESS HASN'T SENT HIM ANYTHING TO SIGN. Why? Because they know to do so would guarantee they WILL NOT BE REELECTED. Why didn't The Obomination push for any gun restrictions? He knows it would have GUARANTEE him loosing the upcoming election.

You really need to stop drinking the Coll-Ade get your head out of your but and research what kind of man you are touting as your savor.

If I knew for fact Romney was going to "try" to take my firearms I'd still vote for home over The Obimination for the sake of the nation. There isn't a doubt in my mind that the present Republican majority Congress WILL NOT present Romney with any gun control bills. There is not a doubt in my mind that if The Obomanation gets reelected he WILL try something through EXECUTIVE ORDER. The UN is chomping at the bit for his reelection for that one purpose. Perhaps you have forgotten or, I'm willing to bet, you don't even know about The Obominations declaration to the Russians... "I'LL HAVE MORE FLEXIBILITY ONCE ELECTED".

He bows to Muslims disrespect the Queen of England and heads of state of other European countries. The Europeans dislike him and the Middle East knows how week he is. He and his administration just got our people killed then LIED ABOUT IT for weeks. They also had a man arrested for making a movie. Since when is there a law against making movies?

I could go on an on showing you what a POS he is but your head is so far up his but you can't see daylight.

Do I think Romney is the greatest thing since sliced bread. NO!. Do I know absolutely for a facts that The Obomination is the worst president we have ever had. ABSOLUTELY!!!!!!

Get you head out of you arss and do some unbiased research.
__________________
Jerry
BIG DAWG #4

Liberal: Someone who is so open-minded their brains have fallen out.
Guns are not dangerous, people are.

Last edited by Jerry; 11-02-2012 at 21:31..
Jerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 11:57   #33
ArmoryDoc
Need a haircut
 
ArmoryDoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Kansas
Posts: 5,847
All those people buying guns and ammunition, and all the articles outlining those sales, those people are wrong and you are right ? Naw. Nothing to worry about. Move along.

I too say pull your head out.
ArmoryDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 11:59   #34
ksmedman
Senior Member
 
ksmedman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: In the middle
Posts: 285
Good article.

When I first saw the thread title, I saw "Black Gun" and thought Evil Black Guns, as in AR's, AK's, etc...
LOL, didn't even occur to me that it meant black people.
ksmedman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 13:53   #35
Gpruitt54
Senior Member
 
Gpruitt54's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 569
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
I get really tired of repeating myself and dealing with people that don't seem to have the brain power that God gave a rock.

BUSH, NOR "ANYONE" IN THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT "other than the ATF under orders from the Chief of the New Orleans Police Department STOLE FIREARMS. Again it was the Demorat mayor, Demorat Chief and Demorat Governor.

90% of gun control bills have come from Demorat controlled congresses. Yes, some were signed by Republican presidents. But why not? If he vetoes the Congress will just overrule him and put it into law. You do know how the three branches work right? I doubt it!

There is only ONE REASON The Obomination has not "SIGNED" any gun legislation. CONGRESS HASN'T SENT HIM ANYTHING TO SIGN. Why? Because they know to do so would guarantee they WILL NOT BE REELECTED. Why didn't The Obomination push for any gun restrictions? He knows it would have GUARANTEE him loosing the upcoming election.

You really need to stop drinking the Coll-Ade get your head out of your but and research what kind of man you are touting as your savor.

If I knew for fact Romney was going to "try" to take my firearms I'd still vote for home over The Obimination for the sake of the nation. There isn't a doubt in my mind that the present Republican majority Congress WILL NOT present Romney with any gun control bills. There is not a doubt in my mind that if The Obomanation gets reelected he WILL try something through EXECUTIVE ORDER. The UN is chomping at the bit for his reelection for that one purpose. Perhaps you have forgotten or, I'm willing to bet, you don't even know about The Obominations declaration to the Russians... "I'LL HAVE MORE FLEXIBILITY ONCE ELECTED".

He bows to Muslims disrespect the Queen of England and heads of state of other European countries. The Europeans dislike him and the Middle East knows how week he is. He and his administration just got our people killed then LIED ABOUT IT for weeks. They also had a man arrested for making a movie. Since when is there a law against making movies?

I could go on an on showing you what a POS he is but your head is so far up his but you can't see daylight.

Do I think Romney is the greatest thing since sliced bread. NO!. Do I know absolutely for a facts that The Obomination is the worst president we have ever had. ABSOLUTELY!!!!!!

Get you head out of you arss and do some unbiased research.

If you are tired of repeating yourself, then stop.

I find it interesting that if you knew that Romney take your and my guns,you would still vote for him. So,despite what many here believe about their second amendment, you donít careabout that. Hummm! These sudo-American leanings appear as a commonand frightening thread among some Repubs, in their love of totalitarians anddictators. This thinking is total oppositeof what the U.S Constitution supports. Doesthis imply that some Repubs are Americans in name only? Meaning that at the drop of a hat, those typeswill revert to their true stripes; Taliban minded individuals who wrapthemselves in the America flag?

When you listed what you consider the worst president, you forgot to includethe textbook version of a worst possible American president; George W Bush (alsoa totalitarian). All those unnecessarily dead and disfigured Americans areproof of that.

It easy to see why totalitarian types love ďWĒÖ Birds of a feather.
Gpruitt54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 15:52   #36
Jerry
Moderator
 
Jerry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 1998
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 8,657
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gpruitt54 View Post
If you are tired of repeating yourself, then stop.

I find it interesting that if you knew that Romney take your and my guns,you would still vote for him. So,despite what many here believe about their second amendment, you don’t careabout that. Hummm! These sudo-American leanings appear as a commonand frightening thread among some Repubs, in their love of totalitarians anddictators. This thinking is total oppositeof what the U.S Constitution supports. Doesthis imply that some Repubs are Americans in name only? Meaning that at the drop of a hat, those typeswill revert to their true stripes; Taliban minded individuals who wrapthemselves in the America flag?

When you listed what you consider the worst president, you forgot to includethe textbook version of a worst possible American president; George W Bush (alsoa totalitarian). All those unnecessarily dead and disfigured Americans areproof of that.

It easy to see why totalitarian types love “W”… Birds of a feather.
As typical of liberal socialists you fail to comprehend what is written. The only parts of a sentence or paragraph you recognize is that which fits your agenda. I said if Romoney was going to try. I even put "try" in quotes.I also stated he couldn't.

As for Bush. Again he wasn't the greatest thing since sliced break but The Obaminaton isn't equal to a wart on George W's but.

Your "OPINION" is FUBAR. No one here agrees with it but in typical liberal fashion you are going to insist we agree with you. Time to crawl back under the rock you crowded out from under.
__________________
Jerry
BIG DAWG #4

Liberal: Someone who is so open-minded their brains have fallen out.
Guns are not dangerous, people are.

Last edited by Jerry; 11-04-2012 at 15:59..
Jerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 18:40   #37
Gpruitt54
Senior Member
 
Gpruitt54's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 569
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
As typical of liberal socialists you fail to comprehend what is written. The only parts of a sentence or paragraph you recognize is that which fits your agenda. I said if Romoney was going to try. I even put "try" in quotes.I also stated he couldn't.

As for Bush. Again he wasn't the greatest thing since sliced break but The Obaminaton isn't equal to a wart on George W's but.

Your "OPINION" is FUBAR. No one here agrees with it but in typical liberal fashion you are going to insist we agree with you. Time to crawl back under the rock you crowded out from under.
My insisting that you agree with me is a weak straw man argument. I simply call things as I see them. But, I also call things as they are shown. I commented on totalitarianism and the right. Well, the right has shown themselves to be exactly as I have described. From Nixon with his professional burglars; to Bush with his illegal wire taps, sneak and peak, the attacking the wrong countries. It is all the same un-American totalitarian leanings in this land of freedom. And for those who support such activities, you are tainted by the acts of tyrants you support, be they elected or unelected. I donít have to make up anything, the actions of these perpetrators and the actions of their supporters are proof enough.

Do I care if you agree with me? NOPE, donít care one bit. You guys on the right lie to yourselfs and among your selves, but written history is there for the record. Itís all there. You who support such un-American actions love to shoot the messengers, when you should be condemning the guilty among your group. You donít have to agree with me at all.
Gpruitt54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 10:31   #38
Jerry
Moderator
 
Jerry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 1998
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 8,657
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gpruitt54 View Post
My insisting that you agree with me is a weak straw man argument. I simply call things as I see them. But, I also call things as they are shown. I commented on totalitarianism and the right. Well, the right has shown themselves to be exactly as I have described. From Nixon with his professional burglars; to Bush with his illegal wire taps, sneak and peak, the attacking the wrong countries. It is all the same un-American totalitarian leanings in this land of freedom. And for those who support such activities, you are tainted by the acts of tyrants you support, be they elected or unelected. I donít have to make up anything, the actions of these perpetrators and the actions of their supporters are proof enough.

Do I care if you agree with me? NOPE, donít care one bit. You guys on the right lie to yourselfs and among your selves, but written history is there for the record. Itís all there. You who support such un-American actions love to shoot the messengers, when you should be condemning the guilty among your group. You donít have to agree with me at all.


Ladies and gentlemen, above we have living proof of William Penn's wisdom.

"If you protect a man from folly, you will soon have a nation of fools. [William Penn]"

It's obvious that they fail to heed the words of their own "Heroes" even when those words have PROVEN TO BE TRUE. They demand we continue to grow the Socialist programs/agendas that have proven to have failed numerous times in the past. People like Gpruitt54 will tell you in in one breath how great and intelligent a man Lincoln was and in the next that what I have quoted below is the rantings of a right wing nut job. Which bring us back full circle to the quote above.

"You cannot help the poor by destroying the rich.
You cannot strengthen the weak by weakening the strong.
You cannot bring about prosperity by discouraging thrift.
You cannot lift the wage earner up by pulling the wage payer down.
You cannot further the brotherhood of man by inciting class hatred.
You cannot build character and courage by taking away people's initiative and independence.
You cannot help people permanently by doing for them, what they could and should do for themselves."
... Abraham Lincoln


Can anyone tell me one thing in that quote that Barry agrees with or has not tried to undermine?
__________________
Jerry
BIG DAWG #4

Liberal: Someone who is so open-minded their brains have fallen out.
Guns are not dangerous, people are.
Jerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 18:41   #39
Gpruitt54
Senior Member
 
Gpruitt54's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 569
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry View Post


Ladies and gentlemen, above we have living proof of William Penn's wisdom.

"If you protect a man from folly, you will soon have a nation of fools. [William Penn]"

It's obvious that they fail to heed the words of their own "Heroes" even when those words have PROVEN TO BE TRUE. They demand we continue to grow the Socialist programs/agendas that have proven to have failed numerous times in the past. People like Gpruitt54 will tell you in in one breath how great and intelligent a man Lincoln was and in the next that what I have quoted below is the rantings of a right wing nut job. Which bring us back full circle to the quote above.

"You cannot help the poor by destroying the rich.
You cannot strengthen the weak by weakening the strong.
You cannot bring about prosperity by discouraging thrift.
You cannot lift the wage earner up by pulling the wage payer down.
You cannot further the brotherhood of man by inciting class hatred.
You cannot build character and courage by taking away people's initiative and independence.
You cannot help people permanently by doing for them, what they could and should do for themselves."
... Abraham Lincoln

Can anyone tell me one thing in that quote that Barry agrees with or has not tried to undermine?
Nice set of talking points. Thankfully we don't live in the back wood jungle you seemingly prefer. We, thankfully live in a civilized country. However, judging by the comments you are making, the only place you seem to fit in would be 1930's America or for a even better fit, perhaps 1930s Germany.

So, start up your hot tub or bath tub machine and get back to the 30s quick, before you are stuck here in the 21st century.
Gpruitt54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 19:56   #40
glockman66
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 1,025
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gpruitt54 View Post
Nice set of talking points. Thankfully we don't live in the back wood jungle you seemingly prefer. We, thankfully live in a civilized country. However, judging by the comments you are making, the only place you seem to fit in would be 1930's America or for a even better fit, perhaps 1930s Germany.

So, start up your hot tub or bath tub machine and get back to the 30s quick, before you are stuck here in the 21st century.
Gpruitt54, you must subscribe to the set of talking points from the candidate that is endorsed by Fidel Castro, Vladimir Putin and Hugo Chavez(they would vote for him if they could just move to NYC or Chicago) and whose likeness appears on this poster(circa 1930s-40s):

http://image.patriotpost.us.s3.amazo...3-08-brief.jpg

Last edited by glockman66; 11-05-2012 at 19:59..
glockman66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 20:16   #41
93GT
The Ogre
 
93GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 2,102
The supreme court justices is the scariest thing IMHO...
93GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 21:20   #42
Gpruitt54
Senior Member
 
Gpruitt54's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 569
Quote:
Originally Posted by glockman66 View Post
Gpruitt54, you must subscribe to the set of talking points from the candidate that is endorsed by Fidel Castro, Vladimir Putin and Hugo Chavez(they would vote for him if they could just move to NYC or Chicago) and whose likeness appears on this poster(circa 1930s-40s):

http://image.patriotpost.us.s3.amazo...3-08-brief.jpg
Must I? Says who?

As I have said, the right-wing way-back machine or out-house time machine is ready and waiting. Fired up and ready to go. The destinationÖ 1920, or 1930, take your pick. But, we know that the right wing way-back machine is NOT destined for the 21st century.

So, don't miss your trip to yesteryear, because we don't need you folks here.
Gpruitt54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 21:47   #43
LASTRESORT20
LongTerm-Guy
 
LASTRESORT20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: NC
Posts: 6,523
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
Let me see here. The Demoratic party, for the most part, has created social programs that take form the working man/woman and give to the week and lazy. They have have also, at every turn tried to take the one part of the Constitution the allows The People to protect themselves.

Now that's not to say the Republicant's are perfect.

So people are left with the choice. Demorat = socialists = gun control. Or other candidates, be they Remublicant, Independent or other the support the working people and the Constitution.

A gun enthusiast that supports the Demorats is either a socialist at heart that also wants to see others gun rights taken or just a plain idiot. I've found over the years they are mostly idiots.

+10mm

Well said jerry!!
LASTRESORT20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 22:57   #44
PhotoFeller
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Midwest and south
Posts: 2,678
Blog Entries: 2
I don't want to get embroiled in the argument that has pretty much dominated this thread, but I do want to offer a comment or two from the sidelines. By the way, I'm a Republican through and through, not a troll or a mole or an agitator.

First, I have Democrat friends and acquaintances who love guns and shooting, belong to gun forums, NRA and clubs for sportsmen. They love to hunt. They CC and protect their families with firearms. These guys respect and defend their 2A right to bear arms just like we do. They work and pay taxes, go to church and look after aging relatives.

Not all Democrats are flaming progressive liberals, just like not all Republicans are raging far-right conservatives. Between the two extremes is where most of us find a comfortable spot. My Demo friends are closer to the middle; some are strong Right To Life advocates; all are disgusted by government waste and social program abuses. These guys are good, gun lovin' Americans who happen to be Democrats. They are not socialist/Marxist/commies. Nor are they stupid.

Because we are so inundated with disgusting progressive crap from Maddow, Matthews, O'donnell, Sharpton, Schultz, MSNBC, Comcast and others, we tend to lump all Demos in with the radicals. Actually, that demonization isn't fair. And, we need their party to make the system work. Constructive legislation can only be enacted when both parties find a way to come together. God knows we need for that to happen in 2013.

Last edited by PhotoFeller; 11-06-2012 at 10:08..
PhotoFeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 23:37   #45
Jerry
Moderator
 
Jerry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 1998
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 8,657
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gpruitt54 View Post
Nice set of talking points. Thankfully we don't live in the back wood jungle you seemingly prefer. We, thankfully live in a civilized country. However, judging by the comments you are making, the only place you seem to fit in would be 1930's America or for a even better fit, perhaps 1930s Germany.

So, start up your hot tub or bath tub machine and get back to the 30s quick, before you are stuck here in the 21st
So you disagree with Lincoln's words.

There you have it folks. A socialist through and through.
__________________
Jerry
BIG DAWG #4

Liberal: Someone who is so open-minded their brains have fallen out.
Guns are not dangerous, people are.

Last edited by Jerry; 11-06-2012 at 08:25..
Jerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 04:59   #46
Gpruitt54
Senior Member
 
Gpruitt54's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 569
[quote=Jerry;19596082]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gpruitt54 View Post
Nice set of talking points. Thankfully we don't live in the back wood jungle you seemingly prefer. We, thankfully live in a civilized country. However, judging by the comments you are making, the only place you seem to fit in would be 1930's America or for a even better fit, perhaps 1930s Germany.

So, start up your hot tub or bath tub machine and get back to the 30s quick, before you are stuck here in the 21st

So you disagree with Lincoln's words.

There you have it folks. A socialist through and through.
Let me see if I got this right... Because I disagree with your boyfriend, I am a Socialist? Did I get that right?
Gpruitt54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 05:17   #47
Providence
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Woodstock, GA
Posts: 543
As I see it, the 2nd amendment needs our continual support. The idea of limiting gun rights is pervasive. I've talked to gun store employes who don't understand the song amendment. We never stop. And for me it's a stepping stone to a desire to retain and many times, re-establish out liberties. This is not a party issue, unless you are libertarian. Both dims and Repubs have been guilty of restricting gun rights.

As far as this election goes, O. has said he wants more gun control (awe and handgun control) , while R. Has said he does not.
__________________
Georgia Club Member #106
Tactical Shotgun Club #58
Rimfire Club #193
Snubbie Club #18
Providence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 08:52   #48
Jerry
Moderator
 
Jerry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 1998
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 8,657
[quote=Gpruitt54;19596340]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry View Post

Let me see if I got this right... Because I disagree with your boyfriend, I am a Socialist? Did I get that right?
Nice try, but implying I'm homosexual gains you no points. You ARE what you have proven yourself to be. Once again you can't help using that which you have been taught, liberal tactics, if you see you are losing attack your opponent's character. Won't work here, the people already know who I am. And it didn't take them long to peg what you are. Time to hurry home your "village" misses you.
__________________
Jerry
BIG DAWG #4

Liberal: Someone who is so open-minded their brains have fallen out.
Guns are not dangerous, people are.
Jerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 08:53   #49
PhotoFeller
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Midwest and south
Posts: 2,678
Blog Entries: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Providence View Post
As I see it, the 2nd amendment needs our continual support. The idea of limiting gun rights is pervasive. I've talked to gun store employes who don't understand the song amendment. We never stop. And for me it's a stepping stone to a desire to retain and many times, re-establish out liberties. This is not a party issue, unless you are libertarian. Both dims and Repubs have been guilty of restricting gun rights.

As far as this election goes, O. has said he wants more gun control (awe and handgun control) , while R. Has said he does not.
I agree with your words, Providence. I fear the passion among some Republican politicians for preserving 2A has waned because they value getting elected/re-elected more. The huge economic problems we have now and going forward may dilute or draw attention away from the fight over gun rights; the path to compromise in Congress on the big issues could be a slippery slope.

If Obama wins, our 2A rights will be in greater jeopardy than ever before because of his disdain for firearms and the court appointments he will be able to push through. In a second term, he can afford to be more bold, and he will try to chalk up as many progressive agenda wins as possible.

Our fight doesn't end tonight if Obama wins; it just begins.

Last edited by PhotoFeller; 11-06-2012 at 09:02..
PhotoFeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 09:41   #50
Recalcitrant
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 77
Thank You

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoFeller View Post

...First, I have Democrat friends and acquaintances who love guns and shooting, belong to gun forums, NRA and clubs for sportsmen. They love to hunt. They CC and protect their families with firearms. These guys respect and defend their 2A right to bear arms just like we do. They work and pay taxes, go to church and look after aging relatives.

Not all Democrats are flaming liberal progressives, just like not all Republicans are raging far-right conservatives. Between the two extremes is where most of us find a comfortable spot. My Demo friends are closer to the middle; some are strong Right To Life advocates; all are disgusted by government waste and social program abuses. These guys are good, gun lovin' Americans who happen to be Democrats. They are not socialist/Marxist/commies. Nor are they stupid.

...Constructive legislation can only be enacted when both parties find a way to come together. God knows we need for that to happen in 2013.
And thank you.
Recalcitrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:56.



Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 1,263
368 Members
895 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,244
Nov 11, 2013 at 11:42