Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 11-04-2012, 14:24   #1
Marshall_tx

Glock 20sf defects? and cleaning?

I just got back from the range and cleaning my Glock, I noticed there were marks on the inside of the barrel that would not get cleaned off. I know Glocks can go to hell and back without needing any cleaning but is this corosion happening inside the barrel? Also, on the slide where the barrel protrudes from the front of the slide there are ridges in the slide . Is this normal to happen? It's only on the top contact where the barrel sticks out from.

Thanks for any advice
Attached Thumbnails
General Glocking - Click for larger version   General Glocking - Click for larger version  

Last edited by Marshall_tx; 11-04-2012 at 14:26..
Marshall_tx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 14:32   #2
rustypigeon

That looks like gilding metal in the barrel. Mine look like that when i don't scrub them enough with the brush. I would get a new brush with stiff bristles and see if it comes out. Don't use an old worn out brush.

Last edited by rustypigeon; 11-04-2012 at 14:33..
rustypigeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 14:51   #3
Marshall_tx

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustypigeon View Post
That looks like gilding metal in the barrel. Mine look like that when i don't scrub them enough with the brush. I would get a new brush with stiff bristles and see if it comes out. Don't use an old worn out brush.
Thanks, what do you suggest brass or plastic?
Old 11-04-2012, 14:53   #4
rustypigeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall_tx View Post
Thanks, what do you suggest brass or plastic?

Always use a bronze bore brush. The plastic brushes dont really do much.
rustypigeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 14:57   #5
seaswol
NRA Life Member

Oh No!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustypigeon View Post
Maybe the FTF and BTF are with New Gen 3, New Gen 4s have finally come to haunt the 10mm frames
Shoot the MTFK with decent ammo and be done with it. Tired of all the sissy whinings, Yes I own a G19 and G26 Both in Gen 4, with no problems. Along with a LWD 10mm LS, G17, G34, G32 ...etc. No I do not have these problems with my Taurus 1911 and it is my most accurate semi auto.
Chris
Old 11-04-2012, 15:11   #6
seaswol
NRA Life Member

Ooops, my mistake!!

[QUOTE=seaswol;19590901]Maybe the FTF and BTF are with New Gen 3, New Gen 4s have finally come to haunt the 10mm frames
Shoot the MTFK with decent ammo and be done with it. Tired of all the sissy whinings, Yes I own a G19 and G26 Both in Gen 4, with no problems. Along with a LWD 10mm LS, G17, G34, G32 ...etc. No I do not have these problems with my Taurus 1911 and it is my most accurate semi auto.
Sorry,I tought this forum was open and ojectivity, my respnes has been blocked three times.
CX
Old 11-04-2012, 15:12   #7
seaswol
NRA Life Member

Goodbye

CS from pns
Old 11-04-2012, 15:15   #8
Arc Angel
Deus Vult!

Quote:
Originally Posted by seaswol View Post
Maybe the FTF and BTF are with New Gen 3, New Gen 4s have finally come to haunt the 10mm frames

Sorry,I tought this forum was open and ojectivity, my respnes has been blocked three times.
CX
Gee, Why am I NOT surprised! (Sober up, man.)

Last edited by Arc Angel; 11-04-2012 at 15:23..
Arc Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 15:22   #9
Arc Angel
Deus Vult!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall_tx View Post
I just got back from the range and cleaning my Glock, I noticed there were marks on the inside of the barrel that would not get cleaned off. I know Glocks can go to hell and back without needing any cleaning but is this corosion happening inside the barrel? Also, on the slide where the barrel protrudes from the front of the slide there are ridges in the slide . Is this normal to happen? It's only on the top contact where the barrel sticks out from.

Thanks for any advice
Wow. You take fabulous pictures! Those are tough photos to produce; and you've got them clear as glass.

Rustypigeon has given you good advice. In addition to the phosphor-bronze brush, I'd suggest you use a cleaner like Break-Free CLP; and let it sit in the barrel overnight before you start brushing. (You can, also, use Flitz Metal Polish and start brushing immediately without waiting.)

I think your bore will clean up fine; as for the barrel bushing in the slide? I don't know; but you have mentioned that it's got, 'depth' to it. That groove shouldn't be there; but, if this is the case, it's really not going to adversely affect the pistol's performance.
Arc Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 17:58   #10
Marshall_tx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arc Angel View Post
Wow. You take fabulous pictures! Those are tough photos to produce; and you've got them clear as glass.

Rustypigeon has given you good advice. In addition to the phosphor-bronze brush, I'd suggest you use a cleaner like Break-Free CLP; and let it sit in the barrel overnight before you start brushing. (You can, also, use Flitz Metal Polish and start brushing immediately without waiting.)

I think your bore will clean up fine; as for the barrel bushing in the slide? I don't know; but you have mentioned that it's got, 'depth' to it. That groove shouldn't be there; but, if this is the case, it's really not going to adversely affect the pistol's performance.
Thank you, I'll do that tonight with some CLP and let it sit overnight.

Tags
20sf, barrel, cleaning, glock, slide