GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2012, 23:19   #201
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist
 
certifiedfunds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NYC
Posts: 39,719


Quote:
Originally Posted by NEOH212 View Post


That's not a argument. The states have their own elected officials in Washington. Each state had a say on drug laws in the past and voted for the laws to be the way they are.
Sorry but I thought you respected the Constitution and believed it should be followed. I guess I was mistaken because that isn't how it works.

Quote:
he states did have a say in it and pass into laws that put forth the regulations at the Federal level.

That's why it's illegal. So even if a state decides to say it's now legal, it's not and won't be until the current laws are changed or repealed.
So, according to your explanation, the federal government can pass any laws it chooses, right?

Quote:
This just goes to show you how lawless people have become. They don't care that something is illegal as long as it suits them.
Well, your posts show how ignorant some people have become. You don't care if the federal government passes laws and seizes power in an unconstitutional manner so long as you agree with it. Why have a Constitution then?

Quote:
That's one of the many things that's wrong with society in general.
One of the biggest problems we have is people like you apparently don't understand how the government is supposed to function. Meanwhile fedzilla seizes power, diminishes your liberty and you cheer.....until a democrat does it.

You're no conservative. You may have some conservative beliefs but you don't respect the Constitution. You want the federal government telling other people how they can live.
certifiedfunds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 23:19   #202
NEOH212
Diesel Girl
 
NEOH212's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: North East Ohio
Posts: 8,801
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lampshade View Post
If you believe the government can ban marijuana, surely you believe they can do the same with alcohol, yes?
So if I answered yes you would say that I'm being unreasonable?
__________________
When we do hit it we hit it out of the park and send it over to China as quickly as possible to cheapen it and sell it.
NEOH212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 23:20   #203
Lampshade
Senior Member
 
Lampshade's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,411
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEOH212 View Post
You still smoke pot
Only a simpleton would assume that because someone opposes prohibition that they must indulge in a substance themselves.


Quote:
Originally Posted by NEOH212 View Post
so what's your point?
The point, which should have been obvious, is that even you wouldn't follow those laws which you didn't feel suited you.

Unless of course, you would stop telling your mom you loved her if it was made illegal.
Lampshade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 23:20   #204
NEOH212
Diesel Girl
 
NEOH212's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: North East Ohio
Posts: 8,801
Quote:
Originally Posted by certifiedfunds View Post
Sorry but I thought you respected the Constitution and believed it should be followed. I guess I was mistaken because that isn't how it works.



So, according to your explanation, the federal government can pass any laws it chooses, right?
With in the confines of the constitution but I'm not reading from the one that you rewrote to be in line with your own warped thinking.


__________________
When we do hit it we hit it out of the park and send it over to China as quickly as possible to cheapen it and sell it.
NEOH212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 23:20   #205
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist
 
certifiedfunds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NYC
Posts: 39,719


Quote:
Originally Posted by NEOH212 View Post
You really can't be that stupid.......
I must be. Surely you're smart. Can you explain it to me please?
certifiedfunds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 23:22   #206
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist
 
certifiedfunds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NYC
Posts: 39,719


Quote:
Originally Posted by NEOH212 View Post
With in the confines of the constitution but I'm not reading from the one that you rewrote to be in line with your own warped thinking.


So we're back full circle because you keep dodging.

"With in the confines of the constitution" (your words) can you show me where the federal government has this power?
certifiedfunds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 23:22   #207
NEOH212
Diesel Girl
 
NEOH212's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: North East Ohio
Posts: 8,801
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lampshade View Post
Only a simpleton would assume that because someone opposes prohibition that they must indulge in a substance themselves.


You wouldn't be so ardently apposed to it being illegal if you didn't have some kind of stake in the game. Of course you wouldn't admit to it if you did.
__________________
When we do hit it we hit it out of the park and send it over to China as quickly as possible to cheapen it and sell it.

Last edited by NEOH212; 11-03-2012 at 23:23..
NEOH212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 23:23   #208
NEOH212
Diesel Girl
 
NEOH212's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: North East Ohio
Posts: 8,801
Quote:
Originally Posted by certifiedfunds View Post
So we're back full circle because you keep dodging.

"With in the confines of the constitution" (your words) can you show me where the federal government has this power?
I'm not dodging. You just don't like my answer. Your problem not mine.
__________________
When we do hit it we hit it out of the park and send it over to China as quickly as possible to cheapen it and sell it.
NEOH212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 23:23   #209
Lampshade
Senior Member
 
Lampshade's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,411
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEOH212 View Post
You wouldn't be so ardently apposed to it being illegal if you didn't have some kind of stake in the game. Of course you wouldn't admit to it if you did.
Please stop deflecting and address the issue.

"The point, which should have been obvious, is that even you wouldn't follow those laws which you didn't feel suited you.

Unless of course, you would stop telling your mom you loved her if it was made illegal."

Last edited by Lampshade; 11-03-2012 at 23:24..
Lampshade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 23:23   #210
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist
 
certifiedfunds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NYC
Posts: 39,719


Quote:
Originally Posted by NEOH212 View Post
Not on alcohol
Why not?

You know, I've asked you two simple questions. You've launched insults and dodges but you still haven't answered them.
certifiedfunds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 23:25   #211
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist
 
certifiedfunds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NYC
Posts: 39,719


Quote:
Originally Posted by NEOH212 View Post
I'm not dodging. You just don't like my answer. Your problem not mine.
You haven't given an answer.

Here, I'll ask it again:

Can you point me to the place in the Constitution that authorizes the government to prohibit marijuana?

Its the same question I asked earlier, which you haven't answered.
certifiedfunds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 23:25   #212
NEOH212
Diesel Girl
 
NEOH212's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: North East Ohio
Posts: 8,801
Quote:
Originally Posted by certifiedfunds View Post
"With in the confines of the constitution" (your words) can you show me where the federal government has this power?



If you can't see it for yourself, noting I can say will be able to help you see it.

Your obviously set in your ways and beyond the reach.
__________________
When we do hit it we hit it out of the park and send it over to China as quickly as possible to cheapen it and sell it.
NEOH212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 23:26   #213
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist
 
certifiedfunds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NYC
Posts: 39,719


Quote:
Originally Posted by NEOH212 View Post
I'm not dodging. You just don't like my answer. Your problem not mine.
It is my problem because we have people like you polluting the ranks of conservatives. RINOs some call them.
certifiedfunds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 23:27   #214
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist
 
certifiedfunds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NYC
Posts: 39,719


Quote:
Originally Posted by NEOH212 View Post
If you can't see it for yourself, noting I can say will be able to help you see it.

Your obviously set in your ways and beyond the reach.
Another dodge.

Just point me to the section, phrase, clause or amendment please.

This should be really simple.

How about this, if you've already answered the question, just do me a solid and requote it. I can't find it.

Last edited by certifiedfunds; 11-03-2012 at 23:28..
certifiedfunds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 23:29   #215
NEOH212
Diesel Girl
 
NEOH212's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: North East Ohio
Posts: 8,801
Quote:
Originally Posted by certifiedfunds View Post
You haven't given an answer.

Here, I'll ask it again:

Can you point me to the place in the Constitution that authorizes the government to prohibit marijuana?

Its the same question I asked earlier, which you haven't answered.

Yes, the Tenth Amendment. You said it yourself!


There is no specific place where it's deemed legal or illegal. So, it was up to the states. Then one day all the states got together due to pressure by the anti-drug lobby in each state to pass federal laws prohibiting it on a national level.

It may not be written in the Constitution anywhere that pot is illegal but it's not protected in there either.
__________________
When we do hit it we hit it out of the park and send it over to China as quickly as possible to cheapen it and sell it.
NEOH212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 23:29   #216
Lampshade
Senior Member
 
Lampshade's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,411
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEOH212 View Post
This just goes to show you how lawless people have become. They don't care that something is illegal as long as it suits them.

That's one of the many things that's wrong with society in general.
I ask again.... would you stop telling your mom you loved her if it was made illegal?

Its a simple question.

Last edited by Lampshade; 11-03-2012 at 23:30..
Lampshade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 23:31   #217
NEOH212
Diesel Girl
 
NEOH212's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: North East Ohio
Posts: 8,801
You people are beyond any kind of reason.

I guess that's what many years of drug usage does to the brain.

Go smoke another one.


__________________
When we do hit it we hit it out of the park and send it over to China as quickly as possible to cheapen it and sell it.
NEOH212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 23:33   #218
Lampshade
Senior Member
 
Lampshade's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,411
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEOH212 View Post
You people are beyond any kind of reason.

I guess that's what many years of drug usage does to the brain.
I see you refuse to answer the question.

We all know why that is of course, and that is because the answer is obviously "no," you would not stop telling your mom you love her.

Of course, this reveals you to be a total hypocrite.
Lampshade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 23:36   #219
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist
 
certifiedfunds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NYC
Posts: 39,719


Quote:
Originally Posted by NEOH212 View Post
Yes, the Tenth Amendment. You said it yourself!


There is no specific place where it's deemed legal or illegal. So, it was up to the states. Then one day all the states got together due to pressure by the anti-drug lobby in each state to pass federal laws prohibiting it on a national level.

It may not be written in the Constitution anywhere that pot is illegal but it's not protected in there either.
Ok. It is clear you haven't the slightest freakin clue what you're talking about here. Why did you even enter this discussion?

1. The Constitution doesn't "deem" things legal or illegal.
2. No. The states didn't do that. Congress did that.
3. The 10th amendment allows the states to regulate it for themselves, not at the federal level.

Please go do some reading before you vote again. People like you are a danger to the Republic. Not because you oppose marijuana but because you don't understand your own government or the principles you proclaim to value.

Finally, don't assume that those who oppose federal marijuana laws are pot smokers. I'm not. I'm just smart enough to know that if I tolerate the fed seizing power in one area, they can certainly seize power in other areas. As a real conservative (Not a Sean Hannity one) I oppose the fedgov seizing power in an unconstitutional manner.
certifiedfunds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 23:45   #220
RC-RAMIE
Senior Member
 
RC-RAMIE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 2,679
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEOH212 View Post
Yes, the Tenth Amendment. You said it yourself!


There is no specific place where it's deemed legal or illegal. So, it was up to the states. Then one day all the states got together due to pressure by the anti-drug lobby in each state to pass federal laws prohibiting it on a national level.

It may not be written in the Constitution anywhere that pot is illegal but it's not protected in there either.
That is not how it happened.



....
RC-RAMIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 23:57   #221
BEER
bad example
 
BEER's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Dayton, Texas
Posts: 8,432
this debate would be much more civil if it involved a hookah, a bunch of beanbag chairs, and a few extra large meat lovers pizzas.


oh and slurpees!! man i would kill for a freaking slurpee right now.
__________________
the brighter your light the darker your shadow.
BEER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 00:48   #222
Gunhaver
the wrong hands
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,736
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEOH212 View Post
I stand corrected, I forgot about Amendment #28.

A well grown stash of pot, necessary for the satisfaction of a drug abusers addiction,

Could you be a doll and provide a list of things that you like to put inside your body so I can come up with the appropriate name to call you?

Or maybe you think it's none of my damn business what you do if it doesn't affect me?
Gunhaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 00:57   #223
PettyOfficer
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 1,008
Seems to me a bunch of guys stopped obeying the law to pay taxes on tea because it suited them, and started a whole revolution.

I'm pro pot because its a new market not dissimilar to alcohol, tobacco or high fructose corn syrup: except marijuana isn't addictive (barring those who have an addictive personality and can get addicted to chewing bubblegum or washing their hands).

It's another opportunity for commercialization, profits, tax revenues, agriculture jobs, retail jobs, medical blood testing jobs (testing the blood of those accused of driving or working under the influence)... Etc.

The hope that a fairly regulated market will eliminate the dangerous black market and reduce some crime is a worthwhile effort.

Let it be fully legal without federal law enforcement: monitor criminal enterprises, monitor public health issues, monitor small business revenues and tax incomes and the number of created jobs... Use it as a test market, then study the results and determine if its so bad or not.
PettyOfficer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 03:40   #224
Hawaiiglock
58008
 
Hawaiiglock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Kona, Hi
Posts: 191
Quote:
Originally Posted by PettyOfficer View Post
Seems to me a bunch of guys stopped obeying the law to pay taxes on tea because it suited them, and started a whole revolution.

I'm pro pot because its a new market not dissimilar to alcohol, tobacco or high fructose corn syrup: except marijuana isn't addictive (barring those who have an addictive personality and can get addicted to chewing bubblegum or washing their hands).

It's another opportunity for commercialization, profits, tax revenues, agriculture jobs, retail jobs, medical blood testing jobs (testing the blood of those accused of driving or working under the influence)... Etc.

The hope that a fairly regulated market will eliminate the dangerous black market and reduce some crime is a worthwhile effort.

Let it be fully legal without federal law enforcement: monitor criminal enterprises, monitor public health issues, monitor small business revenues and tax incomes and the number of created jobs... Use it as a test market, then study the results and determine if its so bad or not.

Well said!

If people want to get high they'll find a way, legal or not. That's why Cartels have all the money/power, they provide a large percentage of the illegal drugs that America craves. Some stats say that 60-80% of Cartel profits come from just marijuana, if we take that away they are going to be hurting big time.

The war on drugs isn't working, I'm sure a large percentage of the US population could get any illegal drug they wanted with a few phone calls to some friends. I believe legalizing MJ and taxing/regulating it like booze will save the US a lot of money. I don't believe harder drugs (coke, meth, heroin, etc) should be made legal, just pot. Shucks, we already have a huge number of citizens that are synthetic heroin junkies (pain pills), I'm sure that the number of people faking an illness for a medical marijuana card will come no where near the number of people that are already faking issues to legally get pain pills.
Hawaiiglock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 05:13   #225
Blast
'nuff said
 
Blast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: NKY/Cincinnati area
Posts: 19,626


Pot should be legalized, taxed, and regulated like tobacco and alcohol.
I've seen what alcohol does to people, far worse than pot. In fact, I've never seen any negative effects to pot smokers. From time to time I've been in the company of both drinkers and tokers since the 70s.
A fair percentage of people I knew who were heavy drinkers pretty much wasted away... low paying jobs, on gov. relief of some sort, and a couple died due to alcohol related health issues.
None of those I knew who were smokers have any problems related to their smoking.

Just sayin'
__________________
A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be - Albert Einstein
Blast is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:43.



Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 755
204 Members
551 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,244
Nov 11, 2013 at 11:42