Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 11-03-2012, 23:19   #201
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEOH212 View Post

That's not a argument. The states have their own elected officials in Washington. Each state had a say on drug laws in the past and voted for the laws to be the way they are.
Sorry but I thought you respected the Constitution and believed it should be followed. I guess I was mistaken because that isn't how it works.

Quote:
he states did have a say in it and pass into laws that put forth the regulations at the Federal level.

That's why it's illegal. So even if a state decides to say it's now legal, it's not and won't be until the current laws are changed or repealed.
So, according to your explanation, the federal government can pass any laws it chooses, right?

Quote:
This just goes to show you how lawless people have become. They don't care that something is illegal as long as it suits them.
Well, your posts show how ignorant some people have become. You don't care if the federal government passes laws and seizes power in an unconstitutional manner so long as you agree with it. Why have a Constitution then?

Quote:
That's one of the many things that's wrong with society in general.
One of the biggest problems we have is people like you apparently don't understand how the government is supposed to function. Meanwhile fedzilla seizes power, diminishes your liberty and you cheer.....until a democrat does it.

You're no conservative. You may have some conservative beliefs but you don't respect the Constitution. You want the federal government telling other people how they can live.
certifiedfunds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 23:19   #202
NEOH212
Diesel Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lampshade View Post
If you believe the government can ban marijuana, surely you believe they can do the same with alcohol, yes?
So if I answered yes you would say that I'm being unreasonable?
Old 11-03-2012, 23:20   #203
Lampshade

Quote:
You still smoke pot
Only a simpleton would assume that because someone opposes prohibition that they must indulge in a substance themselves.

Quote:
so what's your point?
The point, which should have been obvious, is that even you wouldn't follow those laws which you didn't feel suited you.

Unless of course, you would stop telling your mom you loved her if it was made illegal.
Lampshade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 23:20   #204
NEOH212
Diesel Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by certifiedfunds View Post
Sorry but I thought you respected the Constitution and believed it should be followed. I guess I was mistaken because that isn't how it works.

So, according to your explanation, the federal government can pass any laws it chooses, right?
With in the confines of the constitution but I'm not reading from the one that you rewrote to be in line with your own warped thinking.

Old 11-03-2012, 23:20   #205
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist

Quote:
You really can't be that stupid.......
I must be. Surely you're smart. Can you explain it to me please?
Old 11-03-2012, 23:22   #206
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist

Quote:
With in the confines of the constitution but I'm not reading from the one that you rewrote to be in line with your own warped thinking.

So we're back full circle because you keep dodging.

"With in the confines of the constitution" (your words) can you show me where the federal government has this power?
Old 11-03-2012, 23:22   #207
NEOH212
Diesel Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lampshade View Post
Only a simpleton would assume that because someone opposes prohibition that they must indulge in a substance themselves.

You wouldn't be so ardently apposed to it being illegal if you didn't have some kind of stake in the game. Of course you wouldn't admit to it if you did.

Last edited by NEOH212; 11-03-2012 at 23:23..
NEOH212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 23:23   #208
NEOH212
Diesel Girl

Quote:
So we're back full circle because you keep dodging.

"With in the confines of the constitution" (your words) can you show me where the federal government has this power?
I'm not dodging. You just don't like my answer. Your problem not mine.
Old 11-03-2012, 23:23   #209
Lampshade

Quote:
You wouldn't be so ardently apposed to it being illegal if you didn't have some kind of stake in the game. Of course you wouldn't admit to it if you did.
Please stop deflecting and address the issue.

"The point, which should have been obvious, is that even you wouldn't follow those laws which you didn't feel suited you.

Unless of course, you would stop telling your mom you loved her if it was made illegal."

Last edited by Lampshade; 11-03-2012 at 23:24..
Old 11-03-2012, 23:23   #210
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist

Quote:
Not on alcohol
Why not?

You know, I've asked you two simple questions. You've launched insults and dodges but you still haven't answered them.
Old 11-03-2012, 23:25   #211
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist

Quote:
You haven't given an answer.

Here, I'll ask it again:

Can you point me to the place in the Constitution that authorizes the government to prohibit marijuana?

Its the same question I asked earlier, which you haven't answered.
Old 11-03-2012, 23:25   #212
NEOH212
Diesel Girl

Quote:

If you can't see it for yourself, noting I can say will be able to help you see it.

Your obviously set in your ways and beyond the reach.
Old 11-03-2012, 23:26   #213
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist

Quote:
It is my problem because we have people like you polluting the ranks of conservatives. RINOs some call them.
Old 11-03-2012, 23:27   #214
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist

Quote:
If you can't see it for yourself, noting I can say will be able to help you see it.

Your obviously set in your ways and beyond the reach.
Another dodge.

Just point me to the section, phrase, clause or amendment please.

This should be really simple.

How about this, if you've already answered the question, just do me a solid and requote it. I can't find it.

Last edited by certifiedfunds; 11-03-2012 at 23:28..
Old 11-03-2012, 23:29   #215
NEOH212
Diesel Girl

Quote:
You haven't given an answer.

Here, I'll ask it again:

Can you point me to the place in the Constitution that authorizes the government to prohibit marijuana?

Its the same question I asked earlier, which you haven't answered.

Yes, the Tenth Amendment. You said it yourself!

There is no specific place where it's deemed legal or illegal. So, it was up to the states. Then one day all the states got together due to pressure by the anti-drug lobby in each state to pass federal laws prohibiting it on a national level.

It may not be written in the Constitution anywhere that pot is illegal but it's not protected in there either.
Old 11-03-2012, 23:29   #216
Lampshade

Quote:
This just goes to show you how lawless people have become. They don't care that something is illegal as long as it suits them.

That's one of the many things that's wrong with society in general.
I ask again.... would you stop telling your mom you loved her if it was made illegal?

Its a simple question.

Last edited by Lampshade; 11-03-2012 at 23:30..
Old 11-03-2012, 23:31   #217
NEOH212
Diesel Girl

You people are beyond any kind of reason.

I guess that's what many years of drug usage does to the brain.

Go smoke another one.

Old 11-03-2012, 23:33   #218
Lampshade

Quote:
You people are beyond any kind of reason.

I guess that's what many years of drug usage does to the brain.
I see you refuse to answer the question.

We all know why that is of course, and that is because the answer is obviously "no," you would not stop telling your mom you love her.

Of course, this reveals you to be a total hypocrite.
Old 11-03-2012, 23:36   #219
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist

Quote:

There is no specific place where it's deemed legal or illegal. So, it was up to the states. Then one day all the states got together due to pressure by the anti-drug lobby in each state to pass federal laws prohibiting it on a national level.

It may not be written in the Constitution anywhere that pot is illegal but it's not protected in there either.
Ok. It is clear you haven't the slightest freakin clue what you're talking about here. Why did you even enter this discussion?

1. The Constitution doesn't "deem" things legal or illegal.
2. No. The states didn't do that. Congress did that.
3. The 10th amendment allows the states to regulate it for themselves, not at the federal level.

Please go do some reading before you vote again. People like you are a danger to the Republic. Not because you oppose marijuana but because you don't understand your own government or the principles you proclaim to value.

Finally, don't assume that those who oppose federal marijuana laws are pot smokers. I'm not. I'm just smart enough to know that if I tolerate the fed seizing power in one area, they can certainly seize power in other areas. As a real conservative (Not a Sean Hannity one) I oppose the fedgov seizing power in an unconstitutional manner.
Old 11-03-2012, 23:45   #220
RC-RAMIE

Quote:

That is not how it happened.

RC-RAMIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 23:57   #221
BEER
bad example

this debate would be much more civil if it involved a hookah, a bunch of beanbag chairs, and a few extra large meat lovers pizzas.

oh and slurpees!! man i would kill for a freaking slurpee right now.
Old 11-04-2012, 00:48   #222
Gunhaver
the wrong hands

Quote:
I stand corrected, I forgot about Amendment #28.

A well grown stash of pot, necessary for the satisfaction of a drug abusers addiction,

Could you be a doll and provide a list of things that you like to put inside your body so I can come up with the appropriate name to call you?

Or maybe you think it's none of my damn business what you do if it doesn't affect me?
Gunhaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 00:57   #223
PettyOfficer

Seems to me a bunch of guys stopped obeying the law to pay taxes on tea because it suited them, and started a whole revolution.

I'm pro pot because its a new market not dissimilar to alcohol, tobacco or high fructose corn syrup: except marijuana isn't addictive (barring those who have an addictive personality and can get addicted to chewing bubblegum or washing their hands).

It's another opportunity for commercialization, profits, tax revenues, agriculture jobs, retail jobs, medical blood testing jobs (testing the blood of those accused of driving or working under the influence)... Etc.

The hope that a fairly regulated market will eliminate the dangerous black market and reduce some crime is a worthwhile effort.

Let it be fully legal without federal law enforcement: monitor criminal enterprises, monitor public health issues, monitor small business revenues and tax incomes and the number of created jobs... Use it as a test market, then study the results and determine if its so bad or not.
PettyOfficer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 03:40   #224
Hawaiiglock

Quote:
Originally Posted by PettyOfficer View Post
Seems to me a bunch of guys stopped obeying the law to pay taxes on tea because it suited them, and started a whole revolution.

I'm pro pot because its a new market not dissimilar to alcohol, tobacco or high fructose corn syrup: except marijuana isn't addictive (barring those who have an addictive personality and can get addicted to chewing bubblegum or washing their hands).

It's another opportunity for commercialization, profits, tax revenues, agriculture jobs, retail jobs, medical blood testing jobs (testing the blood of those accused of driving or working under the influence)... Etc.

The hope that a fairly regulated market will eliminate the dangerous black market and reduce some crime is a worthwhile effort.

Let it be fully legal without federal law enforcement: monitor criminal enterprises, monitor public health issues, monitor small business revenues and tax incomes and the number of created jobs... Use it as a test market, then study the results and determine if its so bad or not.

Well said!

If people want to get high they'll find a way, legal or not. That's why Cartels have all the money/power, they provide a large percentage of the illegal drugs that America craves. Some stats say that 60-80% of Cartel profits come from just marijuana, if we take that away they are going to be hurting big time.

The war on drugs isn't working, I'm sure a large percentage of the US population could get any illegal drug they wanted with a few phone calls to some friends. I believe legalizing MJ and taxing/regulating it like booze will save the US a lot of money. I don't believe harder drugs (coke, meth, heroin, etc) should be made legal, just pot. Shucks, we already have a huge number of citizens that are synthetic heroin junkies (pain pills), I'm sure that the number of people faking an illness for a medical marijuana card will come no where near the number of people that are already faking issues to legally get pain pills.
Hawaiiglock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 05:13   #225
Blast
'nuff said

Pot should be legalized, taxed, and regulated like tobacco and alcohol.
I've seen what alcohol does to people, far worse than pot. In fact, I've never seen any negative effects to pot smokers. From time to time I've been in the company of both drinkers and tokers since the 70s.
A fair percentage of people I knew who were heavy drinkers pretty much wasted away... low paying jobs, on gov. relief of some sort, and a couple died due to alcohol related health issues.
None of those I knew who were smokers have any problems related to their smoking.

Just sayin'