SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 11-03-2012, 11:33   #51
relayman

Quote:
Originally Posted by certifiedfunds View Post
This thread just shows that no matter what vile things union thugs do, their union brethren will gather to defend them.
But it's been proven they didn't do what is being alleged . Can't accept that can you ?
relayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 11:34   #52
relayman

Quote:
Why the personal attacks?
Ask yourself that question .
Old 11-03-2012, 11:38   #53
SevenSixtyTwo

Quote:
Originally Posted by relayman View Post
Ask yourself that question .
CF, fitting the clinical definition of a psychopath, doesn't see himself as a problem. His vile hatred and death wishes are justified in his twisted little mind. Been living too long in the swamp.
SevenSixtyTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 11:48   #54
relayman

Nothing wrong with the swamp .
Old 11-03-2012, 11:51   #55
SevenSixtyTwo

Quote:
Originally Posted by relayman View Post
Nothing wrong with the swamp .
There is something terribly wrong in "his" swamp. I bet even the roaches have left. I bet he was the kind of kid who pulled the legs off of butterflies just to watch them suffer.
SevenSixtyTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 12:48   #56
CBennett

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaBud View Post
Here's the latest press release:

http://ftpcontent.worldnow.com/wsfa/...ne%20Sandy.pdf

Paraphrased: It was our understanding that agreeing to union affiliation was a requirement to working in those areas.

So, they weren't "turned away." They just HAD TO AGREE to the terms presented and they refused (understandably).
good for them id have told them to go skrew themselves lol
CBennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 13:03   #57
jpa
CLM Number 268
Charter Lifetime Member

Send a message via AIM to jpa Send a message via Yahoo to jpa
Paraphrasing even further, nobody was "turned away", they just weren't allowed to work. When faced with bureaucratic red tape that prevented them from being allowed to work, their employer decided to have them return home without having helped a single soul. Money and time wasted for nothing. Maybe next time they will think twice about sending help to NJ....
Big Dawg #1408, TT #1408
Moto Club #1408, GSSF Member, NRA RSO
NRA Benefactor Member
jpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 13:08   #58
JW1178

Unions aren't all bad, and aren't all good. There are two sides of the debate. Yes, some Unions ask for too much for two little, abusing laws and such to get more. Yes, some union workers are sorry, lazy, idiots that couldn't hold that job if the union didn't save them. Then again, some Unions do have standards, both for the employee and the employer. Most unions will not protect someone who is not doing their job.

I'm an auto tech. Non-union of course. This is something that a Union would stop. Often employers give free services to customers as a perk to make them happy. These things don't cost the shop any money, because it's just labor, which is what we do. So I have to do free work. My hourly rate is fair, but then I have to do free services with the paid service, making it hardly worth it. Another thing is that I'll do my job right, but the part that was given to me to install was bad, so I have redo that job, for free. Oh, but if say I mess the part up durring the install, they don't eat that, I get it out of my paycheck. I could imagine as a shop owner, a Union would really suck because you would actually have to pay the employees for work they do. You wouldn't be able to give customers perks without it costing you something.
JW1178 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 13:15   #59
Hines57
Simple Member

Armed gangs of thugs take over the Superdome, raping and murdering at will.
Hines57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 13:33   #60
tantrix
J'aimeLouisiane

Quote:
Originally Posted by SevenSixtyTwo View Post
CF, fitting the clinical definition of a psychopath, doesn't see himself as a problem. His vile hatred and death wishes are justified in his twisted little mind. Been living too long in the swamp.
Say what you want, but he's free to have his opinion. And actually, the only people I've ever heard that DON'T don't feel the same way are the ones IN Unions (which ain't many down here).

And quit playing pot and kettle. You call him a psychopath and poke fun with your "swamp" comment.

I hope you don't run your mouth wreckless like that everywhere, you do it to the wrong person here...nobody will ever see you leave the "swamp", you can believe that.

Last edited by tantrix; 11-03-2012 at 13:37..
tantrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 13:45   #61
Ruggles

Quote:
Originally Posted by tantrix View Post
Say what you want, but he's free to have his opinion. And actually, the only people I've ever heard that DON'T don't feel the same way are the ones IN Unions (which ain't many down here).

And quit playing pot and kettle. You call him a psychopath and poke fun with your "swamp" comment.

I hope you don't run your mouth wreckless like that everywhere, you do it to the wrong person here...nobody will ever see you leave the "swamp", you can believe that.
You open with "he's free to have his opinion" and close with "you do it to the wrong person here...nobody will ever see you leave the "swamp", you can believe that"

That is a wee bit of the double talk isn't it? Kinda sounds like you support folks voicing their opinion when you support it but not so much when you don't.
And what is with all the threats coming form Louisiana on this thread? You guys are nearly as intimidating as you seem to think you are
Ruggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 13:57   #62
tantrix
J'aimeLouisiane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruggles View Post
You open with "he's free to have his opinion" and close with "you do it to the wrong person here...nobody will ever see you leave the "swamp", you can believe that"

That is a wee bit of the double talk isn't it? Kinda sounds like you support folks voicing their opinion when you support it but not so much when you don't.
And what is with all the threats coming form Louisiana on this thread? You guys are nearly as intimidating as you seem to think you are
Like I said, CF voiced his opinion and obviously somebody got sand in their crotch.

And I didn't threaten anybody...I simply said if you're gonna poke fun at people for living in the "swamp" it ain't very wise.
Old 11-03-2012, 14:00   #63
Ruggles

Quote:
Like I said, CF voiced his opinion and obviously somebody got sand in their crotch.

And I didn't threaten anybody...I simply said if you're gonna poke fun at people for living in the "swamp" it ain't very wise.
Uh huh.....I guess everybody can read your post and make their own conclusion as to what it means and how open your are to everybody having the ability to voice their opinion.
Old 11-03-2012, 14:13   #64
Averageman

If I came all that way to work and to help, at the first sign of someone pulling some join the Union or leave stuff I would do just that, leave.
There is a lot of sand on the streets of Jersey the Jersey Shore and all those folks could pound every bit of it before I would come all that way to be strong armed in to joining a Union.
Thats no different than price gouging at the pumps.
Averageman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 14:21   #65
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist

Quote:
Originally Posted by SevenSixtyTwo View Post
Why the death wishes? Why the hatred?
No death wish. Certainly not toward you. But the people of NJ should confront the union threat to life and property with the most effective means available. Treat thugs like thugs.

Rope hasn't been banned yet in NJ

Last edited by certifiedfunds; 11-03-2012 at 14:21..
certifiedfunds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 14:22   #66
tantrix
J'aimeLouisiane

Quote:
Uh huh.....I guess everybody can read your post and make their own conclusion as to what it means and how open your are to everybody having the ability to voice their opinion.

Remind me what personal attacks based on where someone lives has to do with Unions again?

Because see, I don't know about CF personally but I actually live in the swamp. So...I guess it would be fair now if I said people in Tampa Bay are nothing but city-slicker trash with multiple STD's.

Hey, just voicing my opinion...

Last edited by tantrix; 11-03-2012 at 14:24..
Old 11-03-2012, 14:38   #67
Ruggles

Quote:
Remind me what personal attacks based on where someone lives has to do with Unions again?

Because see, I don't know about CF personally but I actually live in the swamp. So...I guess it would be fair now if I said people in Tampa Bay are nothing but city-slicker trash with multiple STD's.

Hey, just voicing my opinion...
Hey as long as everyone is able to voice their stupid opinions equally all is good

How the filming going BTW?

The Okie Corral

Which one are you again?
Old 11-03-2012, 14:45   #68
tantrix
J'aimeLouisiane

Quote:
Hey as long as everyone is able to voice their stupid opinions equally all is good

How the filming going BTW?

Which one are you again?

Is this you when you first came into Texas?

The Okie Corral

Last edited by tantrix; 11-03-2012 at 14:45..
Old 11-03-2012, 14:55   #69
Ruggles

Quote:
Is this you when you first came into Texas?

The Okie Corral

I am more of a swimmer than a climber so no.
I came to Texas (or my great great grandparents did) via Pennsylvania, New Youk and Ireland, and shamefully enough France I fear

Tell you what, cause we are a generous neighbor Texas will send Louisiana a shipment of shoes, with instructions on how to use them of course.
Old 11-03-2012, 14:59   #70
tantrix
J'aimeLouisiane

Quote:

I am more of a swimmer than a climber so no.
I came to Texas (or my great great grandparents did) via Pennsylvania, New Youk and Ireland, and shamefully enough France I fear

Tell you what, cause we are a generous neighbor Texas will send Louisiana a shipment of shoes, with instructions on how to use them of course.
Damn...I thought for sure that was you.

Anyway, yeah that sounds like a plan. So what do I owe you for the shoes, like a case of burritos?

Old 11-03-2012, 15:01   #71
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist

Quote:

Anyway, yeah that sounds like a plan. So what do I owe you for the shoes, like a case of burritos?

Be nice. We need ruggles and his friends to come here after hurricanes to clean up on the cheap
Old 11-03-2012, 15:03   #72
tantrix
J'aimeLouisiane

Quote:
Be nice. We need ruggles and his friends to come here after hurricanes to clean up on the cheap
Old 11-03-2012, 15:32   #73
Ruggles

Quote:

That will do, ain't gonna eat that nasty gumbo mess you guys make
Old 11-03-2012, 15:34   #74
Ruggles

Quote:
No problem I will come there and help clean up, as long as you guys don't send your fine neighbors here like you did after Katrina
Old 11-03-2012, 15:45   #75
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist

Quote:
No problem I will come there and help clean up, as long as you guys don't send your fine neighbors here like you did after Katrina
You'll have to call me señor if you want to get paid.