GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2012, 11:33   #51
relayman
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: The deep South
Posts: 969
Quote:
Originally Posted by certifiedfunds View Post
This thread just shows that no matter what vile things union thugs do, their union brethren will gather to defend them.
But it's been proven they didn't do what is being alleged . Can't accept that can you ?
relayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 11:34   #52
relayman
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: The deep South
Posts: 969
Quote:
Originally Posted by certifiedfunds View Post
Why the personal attacks?
Ask yourself that question .
relayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 11:38   #53
SevenSixtyTwo
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Tampa Bay Area Fl
Posts: 2,753
Quote:
Originally Posted by relayman View Post
Ask yourself that question .
CF, fitting the clinical definition of a psychopath, doesn't see himself as a problem. His vile hatred and death wishes are justified in his twisted little mind. Been living too long in the swamp.
SevenSixtyTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 11:48   #54
relayman
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: The deep South
Posts: 969
Nothing wrong with the swamp .
relayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 11:51   #55
SevenSixtyTwo
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Tampa Bay Area Fl
Posts: 2,753
Quote:
Originally Posted by relayman View Post
Nothing wrong with the swamp .
There is something terribly wrong in "his" swamp. I bet even the roaches have left. I bet he was the kind of kid who pulled the legs off of butterflies just to watch them suffer.
SevenSixtyTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 12:48   #56
CBennett
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: PA/Covered by LEOSA
Posts: 10,967
Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaBud View Post
Here's the latest press release:

http://ftpcontent.worldnow.com/wsfa/...ne%20Sandy.pdf

Paraphrased: It was our understanding that agreeing to union affiliation was a requirement to working in those areas.

So, they weren't "turned away." They just HAD TO AGREE to the terms presented and they refused (understandably).
good for them id have told them to go skrew themselves lol
CBennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 13:03   #57
jpa
CLM Number 268
Charter Lifetime Member
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Las Vegas NV
Posts: 10,115
Send a message via AIM to jpa Send a message via Yahoo to jpa
Paraphrasing even further, nobody was "turned away", they just weren't allowed to work. When faced with bureaucratic red tape that prevented them from being allowed to work, their employer decided to have them return home without having helped a single soul. Money and time wasted for nothing. Maybe next time they will think twice about sending help to NJ....
__________________
Big Dawg #1408, TT #1408
Moto Club #1408, GSSF Member, NRA RSO
NRA Benefactor Member
jpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 13:08   #58
JW1178
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,985
Unions aren't all bad, and aren't all good. There are two sides of the debate. Yes, some Unions ask for too much for two little, abusing laws and such to get more. Yes, some union workers are sorry, lazy, idiots that couldn't hold that job if the union didn't save them. Then again, some Unions do have standards, both for the employee and the employer. Most unions will not protect someone who is not doing their job.

I'm an auto tech. Non-union of course. This is something that a Union would stop. Often employers give free services to customers as a perk to make them happy. These things don't cost the shop any money, because it's just labor, which is what we do. So I have to do free work. My hourly rate is fair, but then I have to do free services with the paid service, making it hardly worth it. Another thing is that I'll do my job right, but the part that was given to me to install was bad, so I have redo that job, for free. Oh, but if say I mess the part up durring the install, they don't eat that, I get it out of my paycheck. I could imagine as a shop owner, a Union would really suck because you would actually have to pay the employees for work they do. You wouldn't be able to give customers perks without it costing you something.
JW1178 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 13:15   #59
Hines57
Simple Member
 
Hines57's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: On the road
Posts: 7,655
Armed gangs of thugs take over the Superdome, raping and murdering at will.
__________________
Sic Semper Tyrannis
In time, what's deserved always gets served
You can safely assume that you've created God in your own image when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do.
Hines57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 13:33   #60
tantrix
J'aimeLouisiane
 
tantrix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Louisiana, CSA
Posts: 9,200
Quote:
Originally Posted by SevenSixtyTwo View Post
CF, fitting the clinical definition of a psychopath, doesn't see himself as a problem. His vile hatred and death wishes are justified in his twisted little mind. Been living too long in the swamp.
Say what you want, but he's free to have his opinion. And actually, the only people I've ever heard that DON'T don't feel the same way are the ones IN Unions (which ain't many down here).



And quit playing pot and kettle. You call him a psychopath and poke fun with your "swamp" comment.

I hope you don't run your mouth wreckless like that everywhere, you do it to the wrong person here...nobody will ever see you leave the "swamp", you can believe that.

Last edited by tantrix; 11-03-2012 at 13:37..
tantrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 13:45   #61
Ruggles
Senior Member
 
Ruggles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tejas
Posts: 8,392
Quote:
Originally Posted by tantrix View Post
Say what you want, but he's free to have his opinion. And actually, the only people I've ever heard that DON'T don't feel the same way are the ones IN Unions (which ain't many down here).



And quit playing pot and kettle. You call him a psychopath and poke fun with your "swamp" comment.

I hope you don't run your mouth wreckless like that everywhere, you do it to the wrong person here...nobody will ever see you leave the "swamp", you can believe that.
You open with "he's free to have his opinion" and close with "you do it to the wrong person here...nobody will ever see you leave the "swamp", you can believe that"

That is a wee bit of the double talk isn't it? Kinda sounds like you support folks voicing their opinion when you support it but not so much when you don't.
And what is with all the threats coming form Louisiana on this thread? You guys are nearly as intimidating as you seem to think you are
Ruggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 13:57   #62
tantrix
J'aimeLouisiane
 
tantrix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Louisiana, CSA
Posts: 9,200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruggles View Post
You open with "he's free to have his opinion" and close with "you do it to the wrong person here...nobody will ever see you leave the "swamp", you can believe that"

That is a wee bit of the double talk isn't it? Kinda sounds like you support folks voicing their opinion when you support it but not so much when you don't.
And what is with all the threats coming form Louisiana on this thread? You guys are nearly as intimidating as you seem to think you are
Like I said, CF voiced his opinion and obviously somebody got sand in their crotch.

And I didn't threaten anybody...I simply said if you're gonna poke fun at people for living in the "swamp" it ain't very wise.
tantrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 14:00   #63
Ruggles
Senior Member
 
Ruggles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tejas
Posts: 8,392
Quote:
Originally Posted by tantrix View Post
Like I said, CF voiced his opinion and obviously somebody got sand in their crotch.

And I didn't threaten anybody...I simply said if you're gonna poke fun at people for living in the "swamp" it ain't very wise.
Uh huh.....I guess everybody can read your post and make their own conclusion as to what it means and how open your are to everybody having the ability to voice their opinion.
Ruggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 14:13   #64
Averageman
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 2,012
If I came all that way to work and to help, at the first sign of someone pulling some join the Union or leave stuff I would do just that, leave.
There is a lot of sand on the streets of Jersey the Jersey Shore and all those folks could pound every bit of it before I would come all that way to be strong armed in to joining a Union.
Thats no different than price gouging at the pumps.
Averageman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 14:21   #65
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist
 
certifiedfunds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NYC
Posts: 39,676


Quote:
Originally Posted by SevenSixtyTwo View Post
Why the death wishes? Why the hatred?
No death wish. Certainly not toward you. But the people of NJ should confront the union threat to life and property with the most effective means available. Treat thugs like thugs.

Rope hasn't been banned yet in NJ

Last edited by certifiedfunds; 11-03-2012 at 14:21..
certifiedfunds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 14:22   #66
tantrix
J'aimeLouisiane
 
tantrix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Louisiana, CSA
Posts: 9,200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruggles View Post
Uh huh.....I guess everybody can read your post and make their own conclusion as to what it means and how open your are to everybody having the ability to voice their opinion.

Remind me what personal attacks based on where someone lives has to do with Unions again?

Because see, I don't know about CF personally but I actually live in the swamp. So...I guess it would be fair now if I said people in Tampa Bay are nothing but city-slicker trash with multiple STD's.

Hey, just voicing my opinion...

Last edited by tantrix; 11-03-2012 at 14:24..
tantrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 14:38   #67
Ruggles
Senior Member
 
Ruggles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tejas
Posts: 8,392
Quote:
Originally Posted by tantrix View Post
Remind me what personal attacks based on where someone lives has to do with Unions again?

Because see, I don't know about CF personally but I actually live in the swamp. So...I guess it would be fair now if I said people in Tampa Bay are nothing but city-slicker trash with multiple STD's.

Hey, just voicing my opinion...
Hey as long as everyone is able to voice their stupid opinions equally all is good

How the filming going BTW?

The Okie Corral

Which one are you again?
Ruggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 14:45   #68
tantrix
J'aimeLouisiane
 
tantrix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Louisiana, CSA
Posts: 9,200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruggles View Post
Hey as long as everyone is able to voice their stupid opinions equally all is good

How the filming going BTW?


Which one are you again?

Is this you when you first came into Texas?

The Okie Corral

Last edited by tantrix; 11-03-2012 at 14:45..
tantrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 14:55   #69
Ruggles
Senior Member
 
Ruggles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tejas
Posts: 8,392
Quote:
Originally Posted by tantrix View Post
Is this you when you first came into Texas?

The Okie Corral


I am more of a swimmer than a climber so no.
I came to Texas (or my great great grandparents did) via Pennsylvania, New Youk and Ireland, and shamefully enough France I fear

Tell you what, cause we are a generous neighbor Texas will send Louisiana a shipment of shoes, with instructions on how to use them of course.
Ruggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 14:59   #70
tantrix
J'aimeLouisiane
 
tantrix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Louisiana, CSA
Posts: 9,200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruggles View Post


I am more of a swimmer than a climber so no.
I came to Texas (or my great great grandparents did) via Pennsylvania, New Youk and Ireland, and shamefully enough France I fear

Tell you what, cause we are a generous neighbor Texas will send Louisiana a shipment of shoes, with instructions on how to use them of course.
Damn...I thought for sure that was you.

Anyway, yeah that sounds like a plan. So what do I owe you for the shoes, like a case of burritos?





tantrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 15:01   #71
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist
 
certifiedfunds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NYC
Posts: 39,676


Quote:
Originally Posted by tantrix View Post
Damn...I thought for sure that was you.

Anyway, yeah that sounds like a plan. So what do I owe you for the shoes, like a case of burritos?






Be nice. We need ruggles and his friends to come here after hurricanes to clean up on the cheap
certifiedfunds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 15:03   #72
tantrix
J'aimeLouisiane
 
tantrix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Louisiana, CSA
Posts: 9,200
Quote:
Originally Posted by certifiedfunds View Post
Be nice. We need ruggles and his friends to come here after hurricanes to clean up on the cheap
tantrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 15:32   #73
Ruggles
Senior Member
 
Ruggles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tejas
Posts: 8,392
Quote:
Originally Posted by tantrix View Post
Damn...I thought for sure that was you.

Anyway, yeah that sounds like a plan. So what do I owe you for the shoes, like a case of burritos?







That will do, ain't gonna eat that nasty gumbo mess you guys make
Ruggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 15:34   #74
Ruggles
Senior Member
 
Ruggles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tejas
Posts: 8,392
Quote:
Originally Posted by tantrix View Post
No problem I will come there and help clean up, as long as you guys don't send your fine neighbors here like you did after Katrina
Ruggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 15:45   #75
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist
 
certifiedfunds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NYC
Posts: 39,676


Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruggles View Post
No problem I will come there and help clean up, as long as you guys don't send your fine neighbors here like you did after Katrina
You'll have to call me señor if you want to get paid.
certifiedfunds is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:16.



Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 799
180 Members
619 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,244
Nov 11, 2013 at 11:42