Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Closed Thread

Old 10-30-2012, 13:34   #481
ilgunguygt
Enslaved in IL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluescot View Post
I stated that I thought that JR had overcome the momentum of his personality in a previous post !!!!!!!!!!!!

Perhaps I spoke too soon.
It would sure seem so.
Old 10-30-2012, 21:00   #482
PrecisionRifleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado4Wheel View Post
I think we are mixing things up. Two basic issues.

1) Glocks as a very generalized rule don't like SWC. MOST people shooting SWC are shooting lead. But not all. That has nothing to do with the barrel. It's a Glock design issue. It's simply not designed for SWC's

2) LW has "chambering issues" with many people. The rounds just don't chamber because of a tighter chamber and/or shorter throat. THIS is the issue most people struggle with Lone Wolf about.
More of a handloader issue in my experience. For smooth reliable feeding I just had to use a good taper crimp. I had 0 problems with factory ammo, and have had 0 problems since I adjusted for a good taper crimp on my handloads.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

G20SF
Gen4 G23
Old 10-30-2012, 22:56   #483
Colorado4Wheel

You should not have to do anything beyond removing the flare for a round to pass the chamber check. Anything more deforms the bullet reducing accuracy.
Old 10-31-2012, 04:10   #484
WiskyT
Malcontent

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrecisionRifleman View Post
More of a handloader issue in my experience. For smooth reliable feeding I just had to use a good taper crimp. I had 0 problems with factory ammo, and have had 0 problems since I adjusted for a good taper crimp on my handloads.

That's true of any auto round, they must have a taper crimp. Everybody already knows this. You don't have some kind of monopoly on the use of the taper crimp, it's been common knowledge since JMB had a workshop. What you are implying is that you used MORE taper crimp.

The LWD barrels have short leads. It's a fact. People buy them thinking they are some how better, when all they are is a Korean made tube with a short lead. Loading your orunds short and applying too much crimp just to get them to function is not some type of an advancement in firearms developemnt.

JR acknowledges this by offering to lengthen the leade. He wants $30.00 to do it, but if enough people point out the weakness of all this, he offers to do it for free if you can wait months without the barrel that you paid for.

Or, you could just use the barrle that came in your gun in the first place. Some people have to "customize" their stuff. It makes then feel cool. So they get a LWD barrel and shoot 7" groups at the 10 yard line because they are suck shots anyway.

I saw it when I used to ride. Guys went out and bought thousands of dollars of chrome and billet aluminum crap for their bikes. WTF would you change a break lever on a motorcyle? Anyway, the guys that did it had constant problems and they were the type that wouldn't put their feet on the pegs until they were going 30mph.

My Glocks shoot 5" or so at 25 yards with cast bullets and the factory barrels with me holding them. People who buy LWD barels buy them to shoot 10" groups at the 10 yard line. They'd be just as well off keeping their factory barrel and learning how to shoot.

"If you kill enough of them, they stop fighting."-General Curtis E. LeMay
Old 10-31-2012, 08:08   #485
Idaho Spud

The owner/rep of this company claimed he had tens of thousands of satisfied customers. Wonder how that can be? There's a question for the ages! (if it's true)
Old 11-01-2012, 17:23   #486
PrecisionRifleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiskyT View Post
That's true of any auto round, they must have a taper crimp. Everybody already knows this. You don't have some kind of monopoly on the use of the taper crimp, it's been common knowledge since JMB had a workshop. What you are implying is that you used MORE taper crimp.

The LWD barrels have short leads. It's a fact. People buy them thinking they are some how better, when all they are is a Korean made tube with a short lead. Loading your orunds short and applying too much crimp just to get them to function is not some type of an advancement in firearms developemnt.

JR acknowledges this by offering to lengthen the leade. He wants $30.00 to do it, but if enough people point out the weakness of all this, he offers to do it for free if you can wait months without the barrel that you paid for.

Or, you could just use the barrle that came in your gun in the first place. Some people have to "customize" their stuff. It makes then feel cool. So they get a LWD barrel and shoot 7" groups at the 10 yard line because they are suck shots anyway.

I saw it when I used to ride. Guys went out and bought thousands of dollars of chrome and billet aluminum crap for their bikes. WTF would you change a break lever on a motorcyle? Anyway, the guys that did it had constant problems and they were the type that wouldn't put their feet on the pegs until they were going 30mph.

My Glocks shoot 5" or so at 25 yards with cast bullets and the factory barrels with me holding them. People who buy LWD barels buy them to shoot 10" groups at the 10 yard line. They'd be just as well off keeping their factory barrel and learning how to shoot.
Personally I bought a LWD barrel for the longer barrel and higher velocity for hunting. I have 0 complaints from my stock barrel, but I like the longer barely for the extra oomph for hunting hogs with my 10mm. Plus they have a little more chamber support, which I prefer when pushing the loads pretty hot. I'm not sure what all the grip is about? I mean seriously the LWD are cheap and do just fine. Atleast for what I use mine for.

G20SF
Gen4 G23
Old 11-01-2012, 23:26   #487
ilgunguygt
Enslaved in IL

Quote:
Personally I bought a LWD barrel for the longer barrel and higher velocity for hunting. I have 0 complaints from my stock barrel, but I like the longer barely for the extra oomph for hunting hogs with my 10mm. Plus they have a little more chamber support, which I prefer when pushing the loads pretty hot. I'm not sure what all the grip is about? I mean seriously the LWD are cheap and do just fine. Atleast for what I use mine for.

Thats probably your answer
Old 11-02-2012, 08:10   #488
Boxerglocker
Jacks #1 Fan

Quote:
Personally I bought a LWD barrel for the longer barrel and higher velocity for hunting. I have 0 complaints from my stock barrel, but I like the longer barely for the extra oomph for hunting hogs with my 10mm. Plus they have a little more chamber support, which I prefer when pushing the loads pretty hot. I'm not sure what all the grip is about? I mean seriously the LWD are cheap and do just fine. At least for what I use mine for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilgunguygt View Post
I just bought a new 4th generation G17 and another LWD Barrel to go with it. I'm gonna start working on some FMJ 147g subsonic loads here in the coming winter months
This one won't be having much lead run through it though. It's threaded and I just handed the check over for a tax stamp on a 9mm suppressor that I purchased.
&
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
BLUE Kool-aid drinking team member
Old 11-02-2012, 10:45   #489
JR
GT Sponsor

Send a message via AIM to JR Send a message via Yahoo to JR
Precision & Boxer: I appreciate your unbiased comments regarding our barrels and their performance. I am also sure may other level headed readers feel the same.

Unfortunately this will ultimately draw the ire of the "Haters 5". There seems to be no middle road for these?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Old 11-02-2012, 11:25   #490
PrecisionRifleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR View Post
Precision & Boxer: I appreciate your unbiased comments regarding our barrels and their performance. I am also sure may other level headed readers feel the same.

Unfortunately this will ultimately draw the ire of the "Haters 5". There seems to be no middle road for these?
Mines pretty accurate as well. Seems to be a lot of moaning going on that in my experience is has not been validated. A lot of people on this forum seem to complain for the sake of complaining.

G20SF
Gen4 G23
Old 11-02-2012, 14:34   #491
WiskyT
Malcontent

Quote:
Mines pretty accurate as well. Seems to be a lot of moaning going on that in my experience is has not been validated. A lot of people on this forum seem to complain for the sake of complaining.

Straw man. They complained because the product didn't work as advertised.

Old 11-02-2012, 14:58   #492
ilgunguygt
Enslaved in IL

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiskyT View Post
Straw man. They complained because the product didn't work as advertised.
Thats Ok Whiskey, I steered two more people away from his products this week. Sent them here to read this thread. They were both of the opinion they didnt want to do business with someone with that kind of attitude.

Last edited by ilgunguygt; 11-02-2012 at 14:58..
Old 11-02-2012, 15:02   #493
WiskyT
Malcontent

Quote:
Thats Ok Whiskey, I steered two more people away from his products this week. Sent them here to read this thread. They were both of the opinion they didnt want to do business with someone with that kind of attitude.
I'm waiting for good ole Scranton Joe Byden to come on here and say that no one has ever had a problem with lwd or it's products. That's how high some of the bull**** is getting in here

Old 11-02-2012, 15:30   #494
Boxerglocker
Jacks #1 Fan

Hey guys, some need to remember that Jr and LWD is a site sponsor and regardless of your personal opinions. Some of the types of comments being slung around this thread are going to end up pushing the issue toward breaking these type of ties.
&

Last edited by Boxerglocker; 11-02-2012 at 16:21..
Old 11-02-2012, 19:39   #495
PrecisionRifleman

Quote:
Yup, and that would be putting bullets down the barrel.

G20SF
Gen4 G23
Old 11-03-2012, 01:22   #496
ilgunguygt
Enslaved in IL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxerglocker View Post
Hey guys, some need to remember that Jr and LWD is a site sponsor and regardless of your personal opinions. Some of the types of comments being slung around this thread are going to end up pushing the issue toward breaking these type of ties.
Site sponsors arent above criticism.
Old 11-03-2012, 05:31   #497
WiskyT
Malcontent

Quote:
Off to the re-education camp with you!!

Old 11-03-2012, 07:28   #498
Colorado4Wheel

He will probably buy the forum, ban most of us and give away a bunch of barrels so that everyone forgets we existed.
Old 11-03-2012, 11:08   #499
shotgunred
reloading nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idaho Spud View Post
The owner/rep of this company claimed he had tens of thousands of satisfied customers. Wonder how that can be? There's a question for the ages! (if it's true)
Why?

I know that I spend a couple hundred bucks a year at lone wolf. They are the best source for replacement and after market parts for glocks. If you want springs, extended mag releases, connectors ect. you call lone wolf and in a few days they are on your door.

Regardless of your opinion of his barrels if you need Glock parts you can find them at Lone Wolf Distributors.
and motivated by pride and vanity.
Old 11-03-2012, 11:34   #500
Boxerglocker
Jacks #1 Fan

Quote:
There is a difference between criticism and personal attacks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idaho Spud View Post
If your from Idaho it shouldn't be much effort to check public business records. LWD has been around and a sponsor of this site a long time. I bought my first LWD barrels a year before signing up here on GT in 2003, both G35 and G27 40-9 conversions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgunred View Post
Why?

I know that I spend a couple hundred bucks a year at lone wolf. They are the best source for replacement and after market parts for glocks. If you want springs, extended mag releases, connectors ect. you call lone wolf and in a few days they are on your door.

Regardless of your opinion of his barrels if you need Glock parts you can find them at Lone Wolf Distributors.

I agree with you Mike, for a Glock you can always pretty much get what you want from LWD at any time. LWD company sponsors lots of events in the shooting sports.
&

Last edited by Boxerglocker; 11-03-2012 at 11:42..

Closed Thread

Tags
38super, glock bulge is a myth, kkm rocks, lwd barrels, match grade glory, who's a democrat?