GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2012, 12:18   #76
syntaxerrorsix
CLM Number 301
Anti-Federalist
 
syntaxerrorsix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Lakeland, FL.
Posts: 9,503
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrys View Post
Only thing "kinda silly" IMO is the fact that someone wouldn't be able to understand what's going on......except those who desire drugs over everything else.






Sorry my friend......but that's sort of a "silly" statement IMO. Just who gets to state which laws are and which laws aren't, eh?:dunno:

Somewhere there will be someone who feels murder laws are "silly" ya know? Are we to allow them to disregard those laws because they feel that way? Not hardly me thinks.
Well according to the COTUS the State and the People.

The Federal Government has no constitutional authority in this matter
__________________
Sappers Forward
841st Eng (Cbt/Hvy) 81ARCOM, 84th Eng (Cbt/Hvy) 2ACR, 40th Eng (Mech) 1AD, 588th Eng (Mech) 4ID

syntaxerrorsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 12:41   #77
RC-RAMIE
Senior Member
 
RC-RAMIE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 2,679
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBnTX View Post
It's all a moot point because you'll never see marijuana legalized in this country.

All that "medicinal" marijuana is about to go away too.
It's just scam for potheads to get around the law.
3 states will vote on marijuana legal next week.

ETA 2 more are voting on allowing "medicinal" marijuana.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

Last edited by RC-RAMIE; 11-01-2012 at 12:50..
RC-RAMIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 12:46   #78
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist
 
certifiedfunds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NYC
Posts: 39,672


I've got a list of the silly laws. Maybe I'll post them later when at computah
certifiedfunds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 13:03   #79
DanaT
Pharaoh
 
DanaT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: CO & Baden –Württemberg
Posts: 15,820
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sveke View Post
Why would you pay for it??

Once it's legal, you grow it right in between the peppers and squash.

It's free.
It seems my friend above doesnt even want to take that much effort in his life and asked if it would be paid for under medicare part d. Some people aren't even ambitious enough to grow their own weed. What can I say?
__________________
Quote:
Twice a week? 14 times a month?
Quote:
2x4=8, not 14.
Many of the truths that we cling to depend on our point of view.
DanaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 13:06   #80
Dennis in MA
Get off my lawn
 
Dennis in MA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Taunton, MA
Posts: 52,470
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaT View Post
It seems my friend above doesnt even want to take that much effort in his life and asked if it would be paid for under medicare part d. Some people aren't even ambitious enough to grow their own weed. What can I say?


Next they'll want you to come over, smoke it, and blow the smoke into their faces.

What I find interesting is the MJ pills that appear as effective as the real thing for "real" medical conditions. This is a total shill. I dislike people back-dooring things. So I'm actually undecided on my vote for Tuesday here in MA.
__________________
The truth is you're the weak. And I'm the tyranny of evil men. But I'm tryin', Ringo. I'm tryin' real hard to be the shepherd.
Dennis in MA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 13:12   #81
Sveke
Senior Member
 
Sveke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 203
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaT View Post
It seems my friend above doesnt even want to take that much effort in his life and asked if it would be paid for under medicare part d. Some people aren't even ambitious enough to grow their own weed. What can I say?
I saw that, that's what prompted my response. Unreal. Medicare...haha.

He prob just forgot that legal means you can grow your own. I guess during this debate, one could forget that it grows very easily for free.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Sveke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 13:13   #82
DanaT
Pharaoh
 
DanaT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: CO & Baden –Württemberg
Posts: 15,820
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis in MA View Post


Next they'll want you to come over, smoke it, and blow the smoke into their faces.

What I find interesting is the MJ pills that appear as effective as the real thing for "real" medical conditions. This is a total shill. I dislike people back-dooring things. So I'm actually undecided on my vote for Tuesday here in MA.
We are going all out. The vote is to legalize it. I voted to legalize it. Not that I think it is a good thing to do, but my stance is that I should not be in the business of telling someone that they should or should not be able to eat cheese, meat, beer, brownies, special brownies, etc. As long as they are only harming themselves, its none of my business....

That said, I really dont care if some is taking heroiphin. What I do mind is when they expect someone else to foot the bill for their treatment, treatment for AIDS from sharing needles, etc.

But that is my personal philosophy. Do what you want as long as it doesnt harm (and by that I also mean financially harm) anyone else. Once it harms someone else, then its their business.
__________________
Quote:
Twice a week? 14 times a month?
Quote:
2x4=8, not 14.
Many of the truths that we cling to depend on our point of view.
DanaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 13:14   #83
Sveke
Senior Member
 
Sveke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 203
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaT View Post
We are going all out. The vote is to legalize it. I voted to legalize it. Not that I think it is a good thing to do, but my stance is that I should not be in the business of telling someone that they should or should not be able to eat cheese, meat, beer, brownies, special brownies, etc. As long as they are only harming themselves, its none of my business....

That said, I really dont care if some is taking heroiphin. What I do mind is when they expect someone else to foot the bill for their treatment, treatment for AIDS from sharing needles, etc.

But that is my personal philosophy. Do what you want as long as it doesnt harm (and by that I also mean financially harm) anyone else. Once it harms someone else, then its their business.
Well said....agreed.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Sveke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 13:19   #84
M&P Shooter
Metal Member
 
M&P Shooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: PA
Posts: 10,436
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilgunguygt View Post



Well, we are two for two with our prohibitionists and common sense! Why in the world would driving stoned be legal? Is it now? Why would it be then? Thats probably the MOST ignorant reason I have heard for prohibition.
Your right, if drug users want to be allowed to smoke a drug and not get arrested I guess it's cool for them
__________________
I walk through the valley of the shadow of death but it's cool because my Glock 23 is loaded with 180gr HST!
M&P Shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 13:32   #85
RC-RAMIE
Senior Member
 
RC-RAMIE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 2,679
Quote:
Originally Posted by M&P Shooter View Post
Your right, if drug users want to be allowed to smoke a drug and not get arrested I guess it's cool for them
Why shouldn't it be?
RC-RAMIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 13:32   #86
muscogee
Senior Member
 
muscogee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 6,841


Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaT View Post
What more could I possibly want in life? I will so lucky to have the opportunity to pay for your weed habit.
dankeschön
__________________
"We don't pay taxes. Only the little people pay taxes."

Leona Helmsley

Last edited by muscogee; 11-01-2012 at 13:33..
muscogee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 13:35   #87
muscogee
Senior Member
 
muscogee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 6,841


Quote:
Originally Posted by Sveke View Post
Why would you pay for it??

Once it's legal, you grow it right in between the peppers and squash.

It's free.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
That gets my vote. I'll start building and selling armored greenhouses to keep the riff raff out.
__________________
"We don't pay taxes. Only the little people pay taxes."

Leona Helmsley
muscogee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 13:35   #88
DanaT
Pharaoh
 
DanaT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: CO & Baden –Württemberg
Posts: 15,820
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by muscogee View Post
dankeschön
Well, leeches cant live without the blood of a host. Doesnt mean I like swamps or leeches but I do realize that leaches can't live without sucking the blood of others.

It used be that people thought leeches were medicinal, then we learned that they only suck blood and spread disease.
__________________
Quote:
Twice a week? 14 times a month?
Quote:
2x4=8, not 14.
Many of the truths that we cling to depend on our point of view.

Last edited by DanaT; 11-01-2012 at 13:36..
DanaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 13:39   #89
muscogee
Senior Member
 
muscogee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 6,841


Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaT View Post
Well, leeches cant live without the blood of a host. Doesnt mean I like swamps or leeches but I do realize that leaches can't live without sucking the blood of others.

It used be that people thought leeches were medicinal, then we learned that they only suck blood and spread disease.
__________________
"We don't pay taxes. Only the little people pay taxes."

Leona Helmsley
muscogee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 13:42   #90
DanaT
Pharaoh
 
DanaT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: CO & Baden –Württemberg
Posts: 15,820
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by muscogee View Post
You must be misunderstanding something.

This is a leech

The Okie Corral

They really dont have any political leaning or party.
__________________
Quote:
Twice a week? 14 times a month?
Quote:
2x4=8, not 14.
Many of the truths that we cling to depend on our point of view.

Last edited by DanaT; 11-01-2012 at 13:42..
DanaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 13:44   #91
Sveke
Senior Member
 
Sveke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 203
Quote:
Originally Posted by muscogee View Post
That gets my vote. I'll start building and selling armored greenhouses to keep the riff raff out.
Again, think first....

Why would you think someone would rob your stash when they can grow their own?

My greenhouse will be open of you want any, I'll have plenty.

There will be no demand anymore.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Sveke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 13:52   #92
Gunhaver
the wrong hands
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,736
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis in MA View Post


Next they'll want you to come over, smoke it, and blow the smoke into their faces.

What I find interesting is the MJ pills that appear as effective as the real thing for "real" medical conditions. This is a total shill. I dislike people back-dooring things. So I'm actually undecided on my vote for Tuesday here in MA.
So would you be OK with the Government making it illegal for you to grow your own tomatoes or cucumbers if some corporations made them in pill form that "appear to be as effective" (except they're not because you only read the pill company propaganda on the matter)?

You need to stop thinking about what people "need" to be allowed to do and start focusing on what they should be allowed to do.
Gunhaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 13:56   #93
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist
 
certifiedfunds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NYC
Posts: 39,672


Quote:
Originally Posted by muscogee View Post
That gets my vote. I'll start building and selling armored greenhouses to keep the riff raff out.
That's take too much ambition and risk.
certifiedfunds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 13:58   #94
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist
 
certifiedfunds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NYC
Posts: 39,672


Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaT View Post
Well, leeches cant live without the blood of a host. Doesnt mean I like swamps or leeches but I do realize that leaches can't live without sucking the blood of others.

It used be that people thought leeches were medicinal, then we learned that they only suck blood and spread disease.
They're still used for medicinal purposes.
certifiedfunds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 14:00   #95
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist
 
certifiedfunds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NYC
Posts: 39,672


Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunhaver View Post
So would you be OK with the Government making it illegal for you to grow your own tomatoes or cucumbers if some corporations made them in pill form that "appear to be as effective" (except they're not because you only read the pill company propaganda on the matter)?

You need to stop thinking about what people "need" to be allowed to do and start focusing on what they should be allowed to do.
This sounds absurd on the surface until one considers that a federal government that can regulate a marijuana plant in your garden can also regulate a tomato plant in your garden.
certifiedfunds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 14:07   #96
Sveke
Senior Member
 
Sveke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 203
Quote:
Originally Posted by certifiedfunds View Post
This sounds absurd on the surface until one considers that a federal government that can regulate a marijuana plant in your garden can also regulate a tomato plant in your garden.
Why would they regulate it if it was legal?

They don't regulate tomatos now.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Sveke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 14:15   #97
RC-RAMIE
Senior Member
 
RC-RAMIE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 2,679
Marijuana was legal before it was illegal.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
RC-RAMIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 14:17   #98
Tongo
Senior Member
 
Tongo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Eastern Washington
Posts: 656
Quote:
Originally Posted by M&P Shooter View Post
Your right, if drug users want to be allowed to smoke a drug and not get arrested I guess it's cool for them


Most (all?) DUI/DWI laws are written in a way that anyone that is IMPAIRED can be arrested if they are driving a vehicle, be it booze, pot, vicodin, or cough syrup. That won't change with the legalization of pot; unless they write it into the bill that "thou shall not get arrested for DUI if you are smoking pot because I was high when I wrote this bill.".
Tongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 14:21   #99
jtmac
Señor Member
 
jtmac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Back in Podunk
Posts: 9,044
Send a message via AIM to jtmac Send a message via Yahoo to jtmac


Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrys View Post
Sorry my friend......but that's sort of a "silly" statement IMO. Just who gets to state which laws are and which laws aren't, eh?

Somewhere there will be someone who feels murder laws are "silly" ya know? Are we to allow them to disregard those laws because they feel that way? Not hardly me thinks.
That's ultimately to be decided by a jury of peers of the person who decided what law to break and by people who are upset over their morally-upright friends getting hauled in for stupid laws.

Most people won't bother to take action on silly laws until they have some impetus.
__________________
I don't really think Atlas is going to shrug. It's just a vain dream of mine.
jtmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 14:21   #100
Gunhaver
the wrong hands
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,736
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by M&P Shooter View Post
It's a drug and needs to remain illegal so morons don't kill a fat one and drive down a small street with little kids flying over their hoods
This comment is a perfect example of the total lack of thought put into this issue by people who oppose it.

Seems like pot legalization is one of those GT issues like gay marriage or all those religious issues where one side clearly hasn't thought it through and the other side has. Lame ass arguments from the opposition, that's why this is finally happening.
Gunhaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:32.



Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 1,410
378 Members
1,032 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,244
Nov 11, 2013 at 11:42