Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-24-2012, 05:39   #9651
NeverMore1701
Platinum Membership
Fear no evil.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe View Post
Did I ever tell you that I hate the VA and the so-called docs there? I had to go in today, and the doc I saw acted like he was doing me a big favor even seeing me. I asked if there was any way I could get physical therapy or anything like that, and he said all the VA was going to do was give me pain meds, that he didn't see any point in trying to help me. He said I knew the risk of getting a permanent injury when I volunteered, and since I have cancer, any treatment might be even more wasted on me. Does anyone wonder why I stayed in the sandbox as long as I could?
People like that are a disgrace to the medical community, and sadly aren't nearly as rare as they should be.

Hope the chemo effects wear off quickly Okie Memorial Area
For the last time
NeverMore1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 09:09   #9652
BobInTX

Quote:
Thank you! Yep, I got a thing for watches, too. I got more purses than watches, but the watches cost too damn much to keep buying them.

My oncologist told me it could take up to 6 months to get to where I'm going to be post-chemo. She said most people aren't exactly like they were before, chemo does have lasting effects. I just hope the nerve damage isn't one of them for me.

to you, too. Got that margarita mixer ready?

Thank you, you're very appreciated.

Thank you, I like my taste, too.

The prayers are always appreciated. Please keep them up for Silent_Runner, too, she needs them more than she'll admit in here.

Did I ever tell you that I hate the VA and the so-called docs there? I had to go in today, and the doc I saw acted like he was doing me a big favor even seeing me. I asked if there was any way I could get physical therapy or anything like that, and he said all the VA was going to do was give me pain meds, that he didn't see any point in trying to help me. He said I knew the risk of getting a permanent injury when I volunteered, and since I have cancer, any treatment might be even more wasted on me. Does anyone wonder why I stayed in the sandbox as long as I could?
Government run health care is great, isn't it? I can't wait for Obamacare!

Just because you knew the risk doesn't mean they shouldn't take care of you when it happens. I don't know who you could report this guy to, but you really should. Our vets shouldn't have to put up with this crap. Loser.
"I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me". Philippians 4:13.
BobInTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 14:00   #9653
Lady Glock

Send a message via ICQ to Lady Glock
Finally got the call from the company I interviewed with. They chose the other applicant for the job. I guess she had more experience or a higher degree. They said it wasn’t an easy decision (they told that to the temp agency that is helping them with staffing). They recommend me as a good candidate for another position, so that is good.

Another prayer need...my surgery has been scheduled. I am having a decompress and fuse on my back...the L5 position. This has been a year in waiting. I guess they are finally tired of trying every shot available over and over. The surgery is planned for November 14th

Please, continue to keep up the prayers for my finances...there are so many things I need and can’t get, and some things I’d like to do for and with my kids that I can’t because the finances are just not there. I know, there are people in worse shape than me...and I pray for them all, constantly...I just feel terribly when one of the kids ask if they can go somewhere or do something and I have to say no...there’s no money. Please, pray I can get a job...soon.

Trust in God...Everyone else keep your hands where I can see them!
Lady Glock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 14:08   #9654
Magnus2131
Glock Gimp

Prayers going out to all of you.
Quote:
And then gone and stuffed the gun up the ass of the Hajji bastard that shot me!
"RIP Jeff (23Skidoo)" and our Silent_Runner. 129,520
Magnus2131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 14:19   #9655
dango

Lady Glock: My heart does go out to you and prayers will follow.
Hang tough , somehow , things always have a way of working out ! Like all others , I'm along for the ride and find I ain't always driving. Keep the faith.

LONE WOLFE; You have stolen my heart ! May I perhaps make a small loan ? I need to spred some wealth ! How are you doing sweety ? Well I hope ! I'm doing really well and need to know
that you are also ! Just me...
dango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 23:31   #9656
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by dango View Post
Lady Glock: My heart does go out to you and prayers will follow.
Hang tough , somehow , things always have a way of working out ! Like all others , I'm along for the ride and find I ain't always driving. Keep the faith.: wavey:

LONE WOLFE; You have stolen my heart ! May I perhaps make a small loan ? I need to spred some wealth ! How are you doing sweety ? Well I hope ! I'm doing really well and need to know
that you are also ! Just me...: wavey:
I don't have any need for a loan, but I'm sure you can find some in here who could use a little help getting through some rough times right now. I'm really lucky that I don't have financial problems to go with all my health problems, but thank you for the offer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnus2131 View Post
Prayers going out to all of you.
Thank you, on behalf of all of us who need them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Glock View Post
Finally got the call from the company I interviewed with. They chose the other applicant for the job. I guess she had more experience or a higher degree. They said it wasnít an easy decision (they told that to the temp agency that is helping them with staffing). They recommend me as a good candidate for another position, so that is good.

Another prayer need...my surgery has been scheduled. I am having a decompress and fuse on my back...the L5 position. This has been a year in waiting. I guess they are finally tired of trying every shot available over and over. The surgery is planned for November 14th

Please, continue to keep up the prayers for my finances...there are so many things I need and canít get, and some things Iíd like to do for and with my kids that I canít because the finances are just not there. I know, there are people in worse shape than me...and I pray for them all, constantly...I just feel terribly when one of the kids ask if they can go somewhere or do something and I have to say no...thereís no money. Please, pray I can get a job...soon.
Damn, I hate that you didn't get the job!

I'll be praying for you to find another, and for your surgery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobInTX View Post
Government run health care is great, isn't it? I can't wait for Obamacare!
Not. Even. Going. There....

Just because you knew the risk doesn't mean they shouldn't take care of you when it happens. I don't know who you could report this guy to, but you really should. Our vets shouldn't have to put up with this crap. Loser.
Whoever I reported him to would probably concur with his recommendations, and remind me how much money I cost you taxpayers. Like I wanted to get shot and run up medical bills........

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverMore1701 View Post
People like that are a disgrace to the medical community, and sadly aren't nearly as rare as they should be.

Hope the chemo effects wear off quickly : hugs:
No, they're not, and the VA seems to have more than their share. I know I posted a while back about another doc who had a similar opinion of doing anything for me. Then there was the doc who rated me way below what I should be rated, and admitted it. I really hate the VA......

Thanks, I hope it does, too. It's getting a little better now that I'm over a week since my last dose. Hopefully the fuzzy head clears soon, so I can at least drive myself to the grocery store.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Glock View Post
I think you should share the contact information for this doctor and let your friends on here have a heart to heart with the freak! That pisses me off so much!
Oh, to be a fly on the wall when some of you GT'ers show up for a little 'wall to wall counseling' with that doc! Infortunately, after you finish with him, you'd have to go on to most everyone else that works at that VA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Head View Post

LW Last chemo!!!!: highfive:
Hope surgery goes well and you start feeling better soon.
: wavey:
Thank you! BTW, need fresh kitty pics you know where. Your buddy makes me smile.

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

RIP my friends Greg and Florence, see you again on the other side.
RIP Jeff (23Skidoo) - 1962-2012 and Gloria (Silent_Runner) - 1964-2013
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Lone_Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 05:37   #9657
dango

YOU , HAVE STOLEN MY HEART !

I am the ONE whom needs the lone !

NO ENCLACE ? What are they doin to you ?

Edit ? Go Figure ? (SMILIE-FACE) sort-a ! English ,Englase, Enclace,Whatever!
Yo Voolfe Octer-leeben ? Take care , got it ?
Again (SMILIE-FACE).....!

Last edited by dango; 10-25-2012 at 05:44..
dango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 23:52   #9658
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by dango View Post
YOU , HAVE STOLEN MY HEART !

I am the ONE whom needs the lone !

NO ENCLACE ? What are they doin to you ?

Edit ? Go Figure ? (SMILIE-FACE) sort-a ! English ,Englase, Enclace,Whatever!
Yo Voolfe Octer-leeben ? Take care , got it ?
Again (SMILIE-FACE).....!
Do I need to lock up my meds again?

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 10-26-2012, 00:05   #9659
NeverMore1701
Platinum Membership
Fear no evil.

No need to lock up your meds, just send them to me for safekeeping
For the last time
Old 10-26-2012, 00:35   #9660
Magnus2131
Glock Gimp

Quote:
I will put them to better use.
Quote:
Old 10-26-2012, 00:49   #9661
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Quote:
I will put them to better use.
You guys only love me for my meds!

Hay Magnus, how's your back feeling?

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 10-26-2012, 01:05   #9662
NeverMore1701
Platinum Membership
Fear no evil.

And the knives. And the watches.

But Mag's probably just in it for the purses
For the last time
Old 10-28-2012, 16:25   #9663
Silent_Runner
Can you hear me

Quote:
And the knives. And the watches.

But Mag's probably just in it for the purses
He can forget about her purses as I have dibs.

Quote:
Please tell us exactly how safe they will be.

Quote:
Whoever I reported him to would probably concur with his recommendations, and remind me how much money I cost you taxpayers. Like I wanted to get shot and run up medical bills........

Oh, to be a fly on the wall when some of you GT'ers show up for a little 'wall to wall counseling' with that doc! Infortunately, after you finish with him, you'd have to go on to most everyone else that works at that VA!
Stop worrying about how much you cost taxpayers for your medical care. You earned it and continued to give back by staying over there. If we have to let everyone who works at that VA we will if it will get you some proper care.
In real life I'm an *** hole with a gun. :supergrin:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe
I mean, Iím mentally ill, not mentally deficient! There's a difference between psycho and stupid.
Rest in Peace Jeff Abshire-1962-2012-aka 23Skidoo
Silent_Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 17:11   #9664
NeverMore1701
Platinum Membership
Fear no evil.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent_Runner View Post
Please tell us exactly how safe they will be.
I'll keep them next to my heart. And then inside my heart as they enter my bloodstream. And then farther down the chain until they're all filtered out.

For the last time
Old 10-29-2012, 03:30   #9665
Breadman03

Send a message via Skype™ to Breadman03
Quote:
I don't have any need for a loan, but I'm sure you can find some in here who could use a little help getting through some rough times right now. I'm really lucky that I don't have financial problems to go with all my health problems, but thank you for the offer.

Thank you, on behalf of all of us who need them.

Damn, I hate that you didn't get the job!

I'll be praying for you to find another, and for your surgery.

No, they're not, and the VA seems to have more than their share. I know I posted a while back about another doc who had a similar opinion of doing anything for me. Then there was the doc who rated me way below what I should be rated, and admitted it. I really hate the VA......

Thanks, I hope it does, too. It's getting a little better now that I'm over a week since my last dose. Hopefully the fuzzy head clears soon, so I can at least drive myself to the grocery store.

Thank you! BTW, need fresh kitty pics you know where. Your buddy makes me smile.
The question is, would the Dr. decline medical treatment? That Dr. should be booted from the VA because (s)he is the burden on taxpayers, not the volunteer who darn near didn't make it home.
Old 11-01-2012, 03:15   #9666
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
I'll keep them next to my heart. And then inside my heart as they enter my bloodstream. And then farther down the chain until they're all filtered out.

Oh-huh..... Guess I should send you my knives for safe-keeping, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breadman03 View Post
The question is, would the Dr. decline medical treatment? That Dr. should be booted from the VA because (s)he is the burden on taxpayers, not the volunteer who darn near didn't make it home.
Probably not. He'd demand the best of care, and right now. I guess he thinks all disabled people are just burdens on taxpayers. He's an idiot, I was working until early this year, and the the largest by far disability check that I get is from private insurance. What the VA gives me isn't much at all, and I don't care that much. I just want medical care for one injury, and the after-effects of some of the treatment I've had. I don't expect them to take care of my bad knee, my cancer, or anything that's not a result of getting shot in Afghanistan. OK, don't mind me, I'm ranting.

I haven't posted in here altely, because I've been having muscle spasms and breathing attacks that would have had me in the base hospital overseas. I just went heavy on the muscle relaxers, and waiting for it to let off some. Still hurts, but not like the last couple of days.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 11-01-2012, 04:27   #9667
Clutch Cargo
Amsterdam Haze

The Red and Black world thanks you and wishes your recovery to be quick.
Old 11-01-2012, 04:29   #9668
Clutch Cargo
Amsterdam Haze

Quote:
You guys only love me for my meds!

Hay Magnus, how's your back feeling?
Sarge, I've got morphine and hydrocodone. I'm OK for now.
Old 11-01-2012, 05:14   #9669
Magnus2131
Glock Gimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch Cargo View Post
This...
Quote:
Old 11-01-2012, 12:57   #9670
NeverMore1701
Platinum Membership
Fear no evil.

Quote:
If you insist

Quote:
Probably not. He'd demand the best of care, and right now. I guess he thinks all disabled people are just burdens on taxpayers. He's an idiot, I was working until early this year, and the the largest by far disability check that I get is from private insurance. What the VA gives me isn't much at all, and I don't care that much. I just want medical care for one injury, and the after-effects of some of the treatment I've had. I don't expect them to take care of my bad knee, my cancer, or anything that's not a result of getting shot in Afghanistan. OK, don't mind me, I'm ranting.

I haven't posted in here altely, because I've been having muscle spasms and breathing attacks that would have had me in the base hospital overseas. I just went heavy on the muscle relaxers, and waiting for it to let off some. Still hurts, but not like the last couple of days.
I don't think anyone with a lick of sense would call your expectations unreasonable.
For the last time
Old 11-01-2012, 13:01   #9671
BobInTX

Quote:

It burns me that they are not willing to give you the care that you need.

I continue to pray that your pain and nightmares will be relieved.
"I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me". Philippians 4:13.
BobInTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 17:49   #9672
Magnus2131
Glock Gimp

Okie Memorial Area
Quote:
Old 11-03-2012, 01:49   #9673
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
The Red and Black world thanks you and wishes your recovery to be quick.
Thank you. It's too late for quick, but I'd settle for recovery at all.

Quote:
Glad that does the trick for you.

Quote:
This...
Is your back getting better? Hope so.

Quote:
I don't think anyone with a lick of sense would call your expectations unreasonable.
You just ruled out a lot of people that work at the VA, apparently.

Quote:

You can pprobably imagine how I feel about it. The words I'm thinking aren't fit for the pages of GT.

Chest pain, check. Nightmares, check. Feeling like total crap from the chemo, at least that's starting to ease.

Quote:
Okie Memorial Area
That kitty's going to get you, you just don't know when or how.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 11-03-2012, 18:21   #9674
Silent_Runner
Can you hear me

Magnus2131 that kitten could give Wolfe nightmares!

Quote:
Remember who we are talking about here.

Quote:

You are not the only one who is angry at the way Wolfe is being treated by the VA. Those doctors should want to do anything they could for her.

Quote:
Thank you. It's too late for quick, but I'd settle for recovery at all.
I think we all agree in that. A recovery from everything.

You can pprobably imagine how I feel about it. The words I'm thinking aren't fit for the pages of GT.

Chest pain, check. Nightmares, check. Feeling like total crap from the chemo, at least that's starting to ease.
They are not fit for GT but you sure found them fit for my ears.

I am glad the adverse side effects of chemo are lessening as they should be. Hopefully they will be completely gone soon and your hair will be back.
In real life I'm an *** hole with a gun. :supergrin:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe
I mean, Iím mentally ill, not mentally deficient! There's a difference between psycho and stupid.
Rest in Peace Jeff Abshire-1962-2012-aka 23Skidoo

Last edited by Silent_Runner; 11-03-2012 at 18:29..
Silent_Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 04:51   #9675
Lady Glock

Send a message via ICQ to Lady Glock
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent_Runner View Post
They are not fit for GT but you sure found them fit for my ears.

I am glad the adverse side effects of chemo are lessening as they should be. Hopefully they will be completely gone soon and your hair will be back.
I'm glad you are there for Wolfe when she needs a friend to talk to. I look forward to a time when I get to meet her and develop a face to face friendship, though I know it will never be as close as you have with her. I'm still praying for your unspoken prayer needs. God knows your needs, he will meet them...unfortunately, it's on HIS time...not ours. I'll pray that things get done quickly for you, though I don't know your needs, it has to be frustrating dealing with them over such a long period of time.

I've been put in for another position with the company I want to work with. I had to put in a start date no earlier than November 16th as my surgery is on the 14th and I will be in the hospital overnight...the doc says to expect to be out for at least 6 weeks, but I can't do that...I need to work and I would prefer starting before Christmas so I can do something for the kids for the holiday. God is good...I'm sure he will provide.

Trust in God...Everyone else keep your hands where I can see them!
Lady Glock is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
angel soldier, breast cancer, chemotherapy, coming home, gtds, kicking cancer's ass, one giant leap!, rip jeff and gloria, whip those demons!